Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

no, there doesn't. if every single person in a set has an IQ of 100, then the average IQ of that set is 100.

50% of the population having sub-average intelligence and 50% having above-average intelligence is just one possible configuration that would result in the average being whatever it is

He's thinking of median IQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

ahahahahahaha holy loving poo poo that owns

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Atlah Ackbar!
Or is it Allah Atlah?

Im confused.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Andro Dunos posted:

Also I don't know any atheists or non-Christians who "celebrate" Easter, unless they mean eating the candy.

My atheist mother loves and celebrates all the secular aspects of Easter - the eggs and the chocolate and the bunnies and the pastels. I didn't know that Jesus had anything to do with Easter until I was about eight years old.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Same. And even then it was just a sort of vague awareness, like "you're supposed to go to church on Easter too".

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Pththya-lyi posted:

My atheist mother loves and celebrates all the secular aspects of Easter - the eggs and the chocolate and the bunnies and the pastels. I didn't know that Jesus had anything to do with Easter until I was about eight years old.

he doesn't. it's named after a pagan fertility goddess. hth.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ovumsday, like it's known to some fedoratheists

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Many complain about hell; they are angry at God because of hell.

Just like Christians are angry at the Gods of all other religions for their versions of hell?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The scene:
Bath house. Pair of homosexuals being sodomized by strangers next to each other. "Fluffy", face down on the left, wide eyed, spittle running from corners of mouth, breathlessly croaks to Fifi, also face down, on the right:

"Fifi! I just found out there is a CHRISTIAN ... oops, sorry, an "xtian" ... who is Clerk in charge of marriage licenses. Now, it's 100 miles away, and in another state ... but if we drive THERE we can ~~ hopefully ~~~ DESTROY is an "xtian"! Would that be the best EVER??? Getting marriage and DESTROYING an Xtian, all at the same time??? Let's do it!!!"

Fifi, grunting and hoarse, croaks back:

"Yeah! Let's get us an "xtian". Arggg - that was deep one. I wonder if he has AIDS. Oh well ..."

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Volume posted:

The scene:
Bath house. Pair of homosexuals being sodomized by strangers next to each other. "Fluffy", face down on the left, wide eyed, spittle running from corners of mouth, breathlessly croaks to Fifi, also face down, on the right:

"Fifi! I just found out there is a CHRISTIAN ... oops, sorry, an "xtian" ... who is Clerk in charge of marriage licenses. Now, it's 100 miles away, and in another state ... but if we drive THERE we can ~~ hopefully ~~~ DESTROY is an "xtian"! Would that be the best EVER??? Getting marriage and DESTROYING an Xtian, all at the same time??? Let's do it!!!"

Fifi, grunting and hoarse, croaks back:

"Yeah! Let's get us an "xtian". Arggg - that was deep one. I wonder if he has AIDS. Oh well ..."

The person who invents a method to set people like this on fire via the internet is going to have all my money.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

More evidence that Jesus will soon return is that at the end of this age Spiritual signs will abound.

Three times in Matthew 24 Jesus warns that the end of this age will see many false prophets claiming to be Christ with a resulting rise in cult followings, misleading many people away from the true teachings of the Bible.

Satanism in the form of witchcraft, New Age, and the occult were prophesied to become mainstream, and so they have. Paul writes in 1 Timothy 4:1 that “the Spirit explicitly says that in the latter times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.”

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Police: Teen killed in N.Y. church assault wanted out

CNN posted:

During the sessions, the teens were beaten with a cord and Lucas Leonard suffered injuries so severe that emergency room doctors thought he had been shot, Inserra said.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You talk about "lukewarm disciples" but you see nothing wrong with the fact she is a WOMAN pastor?! Please show me in the Bible where God says it's ok for a woman to be a pastor! You won't find it anywhere, but in 1Corinthians 14:34-35 and 1Timothy 2:11-12 it says women are to remain SILENT in the church and have no authority over men! I guess that would make this pastor a "lukewarm disciple" and anyone else who clearly overlooks and dismisses her cherry picking. As she said above, there are no grey areas when it comes to God's word!

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Volume posted:

You talk about "lukewarm disciples" but you see nothing wrong with the fact she is a WOMAN pastor?! Please show me in the Bible where God says it's ok for a woman to be a pastor! You won't find it anywhere, but in 1Corinthians 14:34-35 and 1Timothy 2:11-12 it says women are to remain SILENT in the church and have no authority over men! I guess that would make this pastor a "lukewarm disciple" and anyone else who clearly overlooks and dismisses her cherry picking. As she said above, there are no grey areas when it comes to God's word!

A Christian admitting to irrational black and white thinking is a miracle

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

more like god farted :smugbert:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yesterday, Donald Trump told Fox Business Channel that he would “ absolutely” support shutting down mosques in America in order to fight ISIS, so naturally American Family Radio’s Bryan Fischer came to the Republican presidential candidate’s defense today, repeating his frequent assertion that the First Amendment applies only to Christians.

“So the question is, can you close down a mosque in the United States of America given the First Amendment and its guarantee of the free exercise of religion,” Fischer said, “and the answer is that you absolutely can. Yes, Donald, yes, Virginia, we can constitutionally close down mosques in the United States of America.”

This is, he explained, because “the only religious tradition that is being explicitly and expressly protected in the First Amendment is the free exercise of the Christian religion.”

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
kiwiwatcher, if the world’s population is eight billion, at least two billion of these people will die in World War Three and the aftereffects of nuclear warfare (Revelation 6:8)…I hope the Russians will also nuke the Islamic strongholds in Europe, like London and Paris…Enough is enough.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Volume posted:

Yesterday, Donald Trump told Fox Business Channel that he would “ absolutely” support shutting down mosques in America in order to fight ISIS, so naturally American Family Radio’s Bryan Fischer came to the Republican presidential candidate’s defense today, repeating his frequent assertion that the First Amendment applies only to Christians.

“So the question is, can you close down a mosque in the United States of America given the First Amendment and its guarantee of the free exercise of religion,” Fischer said, “and the answer is that you absolutely can. Yes, Donald, yes, Virginia, we can constitutionally close down mosques in the United States of America.”

This is, he explained, because “the only religious tradition that is being explicitly and expressly protected in the First Amendment is the free exercise of the Christian religion.”

a christian apologist lying to the gullible? why I never

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
holy gently caress is this thread stil extant and also somehow only 27 poages who necro'd? lol how "appropriate"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

holy gently caress is this thread stil extant and also somehow only 27 poages who necro'd? lol how "appropriate"

volume is real mad about god

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

volume got a tezzor av from somewhere which i dunno how or when but i think that's awesome

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

volume is real mad about god

Being mad online is the core of atheist praxis. Do not discriminate against their religion plz.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

can't decide if i really hope some time to make someone mad enough to waste money on me

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

nomadologique posted:

can't decide if i really hope some time to make someone mad enough to waste money on me

I will buy you one if you really want. To complete your Rowdy Trout experience.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

it means 5 dollars or whatever to buy my own back so unless it's really really good it's not actually worth it (i am a stodgy doofus)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

nomadologique posted:

volume got a tezzor av from somewhere which i dunno how or when but i think that's awesome

:(

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

HOLY poo poo SOMEBOD"Y HIT THS TOO

what is hapening????????

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Volume doesn't hate God he is spreading the word of its most truthful messengers

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

nomadologique posted:

HOLY poo poo SOMEBOD"Y HIT THS TOO

what is hapening????????

mods knew

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

nomadologique posted:

This thread is an institution and some variation of it must always be functioning, otherwise Allah will cease to maintain the world's existence.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Maybe not a bad thing though.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Volume is mad about god by copy pasting what real religious people post online. Yeah, a real sucker punch on religion.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Genesis 3

16 To the woman he said, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing;
in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your
husband, and he shall rule over you."

We see no evidence of animals having the same type of pain that human women
have during child birth. Therefore Genesis is accurate.

About everything.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the good thing that came from the earthquake in China is that God took the children before they found Buddah!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gotta admit that last paragraph is the one that makes me maddest

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Question: I own four single-family homes that I rent out. I am a strong Christian and would like to rent to others who have similar faith-based values.

Also, in my experience, renting to tenants who have a strong sense of faith has resulted in the best tenancy situations I have had. These tenants, whether Christian or Jewish or Muslim, have kept their homes very clean, been pleasant to deal with, and always paid their rent on time, in full. I believe this is because these tenants have some sort of God in their lives, even if it isn't the same God I know.

Recently, though, someone applied to rent one of my houses. In the course of meeting him to consider him as a tenant, I discovered he was an atheist. I have mixed feelings about renting to someone who doesn't believe in any God at all. My wife told me I should be careful because she thinks atheists are protected under the anti-discrimination laws. Is she correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
"the average college student at a public school spends about $1,200 a year on textbooks," a cost that has increased by 82% over the last decade alone. The Bible is free online, and more beneficial.

• Locked thread