Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lol if ur coach ever does anything on the sideline but look consternated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
Haha its hilarious the Jets had the locker room sweeped after repeated instances of Patriots filming their practices, stealing playbooks from dumpsters, and jamming helmet to helmet communications lol

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

Haha its hilarious the Jets had the locker room sweeped after repeated instances of Patriots filming their practices, stealing playbooks from dumpsters, and jamming helmet to helmet communications lol

Maybe they should have played to win the game instead of worrying about cheating

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Ozu posted:

Is lowtax recruiting posters from /r/nfl? That place is like 70% :patssay:.

gently caress Tom Brady.

My team lost to the patriots in the super bowl because bill had mcnabb's food poisoned and I am okay with. .... hey, wait a minute....

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

Belichick is in everyone's head. It's glorious.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/30/nfl-swept-jets-locker-room-for-bugs-before-sundays-game/

lol. The league is in Belichick's head. :smugdog:

quote:

As one source has explained it to PFT, the Patriots have become concerned that a team eventually will plant bugs on its own and claim that the Patriots put them there. This has prompted the Patriots to ask the league to certify before each game that the visiting locker room is clean before an opposing team enters. Per the source, the NFL has declined to do this.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

corsair posted:

Have your coach go trip a player about it

:hehe:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

e: ^^^ oh, it came from PFT, jesus christ

NC-17 posted:

/r/patriots is basically all Ehud coworkers.

I feel like there should just be a thread dedicated to :patssay: but I don't want to make an effort post.

They're talking about how teams might plant bugs in the visitor's locker rooms to frame the Patriots.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
What's something people from Boston say? Are they the ones who say things are wicked sick?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

What's something people from Boston say? Are they the ones who say things are wicked sick?

PISSAH

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Wicked Pissah :c00l:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

internet knight

what the gently caress is that tag corsair near your name

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

"i'm a butthole in real life"

edit also: "i hate black people"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He's 17 steps ahead of the league. It's really a farce at this point...

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

internet knight

what the gently caress is that tag corsair near your name

he's been granted ik forever

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

"Proof that god loves me and wants me to be happy - Ben Franklin"
- 4(soon to be 5,6,7) RING SHRIMP

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

your hate has made us powerful

Nah, your cheating has made you powerful.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

i don't know what that means

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

My liege.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Means he's a benevolent dictator in FYAD.

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

Kalli posted:

My liege.

I abdicated :downs:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kalli posted:

My liege.

corsair is reliably good like the rolling stones and I have never seen him be lovely to anyone that wasn't lovely to him first. thanks for reading my gay post

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

Heh, this is just Bill playing 6th dimensional hyper chess

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Nah, your cheating has made you powerful.

our cheating has made the team powerful

hate has made our posters powerful

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

ZenVulgarity posted:

"Idiot King" is a mod status in FYAD with limited powers. I was an idiot king for a while, and I got the internet knight moniker while doing that, hth.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Dan Campbell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmwe7opc0MM

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I don't understand why all this cheating rhetoric came up again when the Patriots beat a bad-to-mediocre dolphins team. they didn't need to cheat to win

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

13 year old girls posted:

do you think the new england patriots have a pass heavy offense or what

that poo poo is comical

from the ESPN NFL power rankings, week 6:

*The 6-0 Patriots have dropped back to pass on 70 percent of their snaps this season. The other two teams to drop back that often (Lions, Colts) are a combined 4-10.

The other two things that stood out were that Tennessee is apparently 1-15 in their last 16 games (with the lone win coming against Jacksonville... who is 3-13 over their last 16 games) and that the Jags haven't done better than a 2-5 start since 2011. Chuck Pagano gonna win the division get blown out by Pittsburgh, and then get fired for going 6-10.

e: somewhat related - has anyone ever won their division and then totally cleaned house?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

corsair posted:

"Idiot King" is a mod status in FYAD with limited powers. I was an idiot king for a while, and I got the internet knight moniker while doing that, hth.

ty friend

Kalli posted:

My liege.

ty too

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

corsair is reliably good like the rolling stones and I have never seen him be lovely to anyone that wasn't lovely to him first. thanks for reading my gay post
and you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

I don't understand why all this cheating rhetoric came up again when the Patriots beat a bad-to-mediocre dolphins team. they didn't need to cheat to win

How do you know that?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Isentropy posted:

from the ESPN NFL power rankings, week 6:

*The 6-0 Patriots have dropped back to pass on 70 percent of their snaps this season. The other two teams to drop back that often (Lions, Colts) are a combined 4-10.

The other two things that stood out were that Tennessee is apparently 1-15 in their last 16 games (with the lone win coming against Jacksonville... who is 3-13 over their last 16 games) and that the Jags haven't done better than a 2-5 start since 2011. Chuck Pagano gonna win the division get blown out by Pittsburgh, and then get fired for going 6-10.

e: somewhat related - has anyone ever won their division and then totally cleaned house?

chrrrrrrrist

quote:

A 2-5 start might not be looked upon positively for most teams, but this is actually the best seven-game start for the Jaguars since 2011.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Isentropy posted:

The other two things that stood out were that Tennessee is apparently 1-15 in their last 16 games (with the lone win coming against Jacksonville... who is 3-13 over their last 16 games)

1) does week 1 this year not count?

2) we only beat the jags because of a blocked field goal lol

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Pats are the best AFC team, but the AFC is garbage. I'm still not impressed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Isentropy posted:

2006 Chargers went 14-2, top seed in the AFC, and NFL MVP. And had a new offensive and defensive coordinator and a new head coach in 2007

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blitz7x posted:

actually we beat them two times in a row before yesterday so i'm pretty sure the whole thing was rigged last night

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Ehud posted:

actually we beat them two times in a row before yesterday so i'm pretty sure the whole thing was rigged last night

My bad thats actually pretty sketch

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

*Player looks at Brian Schottenheimer era playbook*
Jesus Christ
*Chucks playbook into dumpster*

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

How do you know that?

because if they could cheat that effectively to turn a game they would lose into a 36-7 rout the texans probably would be doing better given all the ex-patriots people they have

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Eventually someone is going to figure out that you beat the 2015 version of Patriots by throwing downfield at their small and bad cornerbacks at every opportunity and scoring fast and often, and not by doing lots of runs and short passes at their defensive players who are actually good to try to execute perfect 80+ yard drives that burn 10 minutes each...right?

:iiam:

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

sean10mm posted:

Eventually someone is going to figure out that you beat the 2015 version of Patriots by throwing downfield at their small and bad cornerbacks at every opportunity and scoring fast and often, and not by doing lots of runs and short passes at their defensive players who are actually good to try to execute perfect 80+ yard drives that burn 10 minutes each...right?

I thought Miami were going to do it last night because they were having success and then they stopped and I was like "phew"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

sean10mm posted:

So you're saying chip's wild ride is our only hope

• Locked thread