Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
New theory: Homeworld = De Beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Then who, or what, is Jared?

And how does Zales tie in?

Integral Catculus
Jul 21, 2007

hopelessly devoted

Kilo147 posted:

Then who, or what, is Jared?

And how does Zales tie in?

We don't have enough information yet even to speculate. What we do know is that every kindergarten begins with Kay.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The ultimate Homeworld leader is Blood Diamond.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:heysexy:

Fun fact: Tom Scharpling voiced the monster from that one episode of Aqua teen hunger force back in 2003 when it was still cool to use gay as an insult: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mncZvGekqZY&app=desktop .

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

Closing this thread would be such a sweet, sweet mercy

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
one we do not deserve

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tollymain posted:

one we do not deserve

Let's stay in this miserable thread...TOGETHER.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thank you for posting my favorite malachite, but do include the source

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
somebody drew the gems, but something seems slightly off, though i can't put my finger on it

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tollymain posted:

somebody drew the gems, but something seems slightly off, though i can't put my finger on it

I think the mouths are swapped.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tollymain posted:

thank you for posting my favorite malachite, but do include the source

I actually didn't have the source, so thanks. For some reason when I did google image search I kept getting the fanmix that used it as a cover.

A Frosty Beverage
Sep 26, 2007

Full of vitamin chill

Tollymain posted:

From the Steven Universe AU where they're all ornery prospectors.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

A Frosty Beverage posted:

Actually, I think this is from the AU where they're all dwarves.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

A Frosty Beverage posted:

Why hello there, Pearl Peat.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hidden Fun Stuff is a much better name for the Cluster, now that I think about it.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Ford Madox Brown, detail from The Last of England

Ford Madox Brown, detail from Work

Lawrenge Gowing, Briar and Hawthorne at Savernake

Samuel Peploe, Still Life (c. 1913)

(x)

quote:

Here are the Crystal Gems with their iconic weapons

Garret, the reddish one, has her signature Hulk Hands

Pole, the one with leprosy, has her trademark M1 Garand

and Andrew (played by Herve Vilchez,) has a ham

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Ford Madox Brown, detail from The Last of England

Ford Madox Brown, detail from Work

Lawrenge Gowing, Briar and Hawthorne at Savernake

Samuel Peploe, Still Life (c. 1913)

(x)

So what do blanket people, shrubbery people, blurry leaves and cube food have to do with a fascinating reinterpretation of the iconic Crystal Gems?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tollymain posted:

I can't stop staring at how smug Peridot is about her perfect mono-hair :staredog:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Does that make Steven Snow White?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

No he's the 7th dwarf. Greg is Snow White.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

paradoxGentleman posted:

Does that make Steven Snow White?

Yep. Garnet counts as two dwarves.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

johntfs posted:

So what do blanket people, shrubbery people, blurry leaves and cube food have to do with a fascinating reinterpretation of the iconic Crystal Gems?

Animated cartoons should obviously have the same level of detail as still life paintings. Otherwise, how can we possibly consider them art?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
so is this the thread where we post random pictures of bullshit?

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Animated cartoons should obviously have the same level of detail as still life paintings. Otherwise, how can we possibly consider them art?

I think bravest doesn't know what they're doing anymore. They've consistently wined about people not appreciating art correctly, then proceeded to... whine more instead of trying to so anything more constructive.

Basically, Bravest, just analyze or whatever. Right now this is just really boring anger-masturbation. At least before you were putting a modicum of effort into your shitposting, now it's just lame. Be the poster you want to see post in this thread.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Wapole Languray posted:

I think bravest doesn't know what they're doing anymore. They've consistently wined about people not appreciating art correctly, then proceeded to... whine more instead of trying to so anything more constructive.

Basically, Bravest, just analyze or whatever. Right now this is just really boring anger-masturbation. At least before you were putting a modicum of effort into your shitposting, now it's just lame. Be the poster you want to see post in this thread.

Take the lesson of bitter experience that was taught in Wander Over Yonder. Don't feed the troll. If they post pretentiously pretty pictures,look at them or not and then just scroll past. The large majority of psychologists agree that the best way to encourage positive behavior and discourage negative behavior is to praise/reward the former and ignore (as much as possible) the latter.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Wapole Languray posted:

Personally, I prefer the new direction they're taking. I've been needing some artwork to hang on my bedroom walls, and I definitely want at least one pre-contemporary piece.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Wapole Languray posted:

This is really a no-win situation. I'm asked to provide a new topic, so I post pictures of art. If this thread is going to be an art tumblr, might as well have some really good pieces. Are you sure you're not displacing your own anger here? If people contrive personal insults out of paintings, maybe they're the ones who are being overtly negative?

Anyway, here's my Gemsona:

Karl Friedrich Schinkel, set design for Mozart's Magic Flute

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Basically,

The thread's fine and Gems with Beards are great.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

johntfs posted:

Yep. Garnet counts as two dwarves.

Two dwarves, one standing on the other's shoulders, in a trenchcoat.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Everyone shut up. Also today's Google doodle has music from aivi and surrashu, the guys making music for SU. Very cute!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Two dwarves, one standing on the other's shoulders, in a trenchcoat.

Like this?

Had to look some up real quick.

(x)

'
(x)

dog kisser posted:

Everyone shut up. Also today's Google doodle has music from aivi and surrashu, the guys making music for SU. Very cute!

Cute as heck. :colbert:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

(x)

quote:

Here are the Crystal Gems with their iconic weapons

Garret, the reddish one, has her signature Hulk Hands

Pole, the one with leprosy, has her trademark M1 Garand

and Andrew (played by Herve Vilchez,) has a ham

High Art.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Triskelli posted:

Had to look some up real quick.

(x)

'
(x)

Garnet Giantwoman (Fusionwoman?), she likes business transactions.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Anyway, here's my Gemsona:

Karl Friedrich Schinkel, set design for Mozart's Magic Flute

Geez, couldn't you chosen a gemsona from the set of an opera that isn't so blatantly sexist/racist?

Moving on, I was rewatching "The Test" the other day and I realized something I hadn't thought of before: The gem stuck inside the Moon Goddess statue is probably alive and imprisoned in the same way Lapis Lazuli was. She's also probably really strong (her disembodied gem could power a tower that was basically the size of a small city) and really pissed about being trapped in a statue for god knows how long (who wouldn't be?).

Also, upcoming episode is called 'Return to The Moon', maybe she'll make an appearance. Maybe she'll be an antagonist.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Art dump time!

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Does Peridot know about Malachite at all yet? Because I feel like any attempt for her to understand Garnet would be wrecked by having Malachite around as an example of the worst possible outcome of a fusion (disregarding the Cluster and the mini-cluster whatevers).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

This is really a no-win situation. I'm asked to provide a new topic, so I post pictures of art. If this thread is going to be an art tumblr, might as well have some really good pieces.

Look here, comrades, as the classist fully admits his only goal is to lord his superiorness over you. What you enjoy and what you post isn't good enough, and so he must, in his infinite wisdom, show us uncultured swine the true light of refinement in the hopes that we will be blinded by it. Again, notice that he does not provide these simply because he enjoys them, because he does not and in fact is completely incapable of ever doing so as he cannot understand them, but rather he does it to serve as a reminder that he is better and you are lesser. Stand fast, brothers and sisters, for his is a shallow life, devoid of the ability for a richness of experience. Hate him if you will, but most of all pity him. He, like all classists, is but a mere shell of a man who tries desperately to fill the void that his lack of humanity has left him with the cold satisfaction of bringing oppression upon those below his station. Oppression by beauty is still oppression, and shall be rectified in the coming People's Revolution!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

What you enjoy and what you post isn't good enough, and so he must, in his infinite wisdom, show us uncultured swine the true light of refinement in the hopes that we will be blinded by it.

This but unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Let's stop talking about each other's posting style and consider this cool thing called momswap:

• Locked thread