Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Rhyno posted:

Let me out! Let me out!

I'm dying in a glove in Sloan's laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab.

Cisco would totally make a Rick and Morty joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Moon posted:

I've been doing my best over in the Flash thread. I can't wait for TINY RAY to be a thing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bad Moon posted:

Oh hey look it's a Cronenberg Flash. I-I'm Regular Flash an-an-and this is - like a crazy monster version of me. I mean look at it's arm all the way up there, it's barely functional.

"Uhh wrong again, Barry, that was a regular Flash. I didn't shoot the shark monster with my lightning gun in this reality."

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 29, 2015

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
what is up with the computers in the Arrow-cave glitching out? The hand waving Felicity gives us is that Cisco and Star Labs did it. Isn't Star Labs just a building with captured super villians? Did slave labor build the new arrow hide out? And if Cisco did install their equipment I am pretty sure he would do a bang up job and not do tech support to fix bugs. I would of enjoyed more if they said Barry or the Flash gave them a hand but Felicity herself is slowly installing the computers and thus the glitches. All I am saying is just don't throw Cisco under the bus for having a crummy lair.

I liked how black tech nerd was trying to figure out who the Green Arrow was. That either marks him for death or to join the team, so death by joining the team.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

No Luck Needed posted:

I liked how black tech nerd was trying to figure out who the Green Arrow was. That either marks him for death or to join the team, so death by joining the team.

No way dude, didn't you see that ball thing he was working on a couple episodes ago? That thing looked terrific

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

10 Beers posted:

Do you mean like the first and second episodes where he shows the ring to the neighbors, then tries to propose several times but keeps getting interrupted?

Yeah I totally forgot about that. My bad.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011

No Luck Needed posted:

what is up with the computers in the Arrow-cave glitching out?

I figured Tiny Ray was doing it trying to get attention.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

wereboat posted:

I figured Tiny Ray was doing it trying to get attention.

Wouldn't he realise that's probably a bad idea if they're trying to catch bad guys? Or is he all "Boo hoo, a hundred people died because you couldn't look up how to defuse the bomb, I WAS HALF AN INCH TALL!"?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

When Lance said he'd give Felicity access to the police computer system, I was really hoping she'd hacked it already. I'm going to choose to believe she did but just didn't want to hurt his feelings.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Wouldn't he realise that's probably a bad idea if they're trying to catch bad guys? Or is he all "Boo hoo, a hundred people died because you couldn't look up how to defuse the bomb, I WAS HALF AN INCH TALL!"?

Maybe its an unintentional side-effect of messing with quantum realm physic technobabble poo poo

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Am I the only one who noticed that one of the producers of this weeks episode was Speed Weed. Should he be working on The Flash?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

David D. Davidson posted:

Am I the only one who noticed that one of the producers of this weeks episode was Speed Weed. Should he be working on The Flash?

He writes and produces a lot of TV and it still cracks me up everytime I see the name in the credits and am reminded that someone named their kid "Speed Weed"

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

X-O posted:

Staggeringly unqualified person possibly becoming mayor of a big city is possibly one of the most realistic plot lines this show has ever done.

Carly Fiorina only the second least qualified businessperson running for President. Ollie has got this.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

boom boom boom posted:

No way dude, didn't you see that ball thing he was working on a couple episodes ago? That thing looked terrific

Speculating about what's going to happen to him is totally fair play though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

They're really modernizing Velocity 9 in this series it seems

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
At this point after the last six mayors and mayoral candidates got murdered I'm sure no one cares about Oliver's qualifications or policies. Except for Anarky of course...

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

Thank you for reminding me of this. I saw it go by and I figured I had to have misread it or something. Speed Weed!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Proposition Joe posted:

At this point after the last six mayors and mayoral candidates got murdered I'm sure no one cares about Oliver's qualifications or policies. Except for Anarky of course...

"Well, I don't know about his policies, but his campaign has lasted three weeks and he's still alive, so he's got my vote."

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

Shouldn't Oliver have spent at least some of his last 3 years taking some online classes to get a degree?

Why?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
How am I the first person to mention that Lance wants a code name, too? :allears:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Phylodox posted:

How am I the first person to mention that Lance wants a code name, too? :allears:

Somebody blessed with a name like Quentin Lance shouldn't get to have a code name as well, it isn't fair.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Ollie gave him his code name "Detective"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Ollie gave him his code name "Detective"

Didn't say it in a David Warner voice, doesn't count.

Mr. Fowl posted:

"Well, I don't know about his policies, but his campaign has lasted three weeks and he's still alive, so he's got my vote."

I did like Ollie's reaction to being asked what his platform would be.

"Wait, I'm supposed to stand for things? I thought you just wore a sash and pretended bad things weren't happening, like that Quimby guy on TV!"

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't say it in a David Warner voice, doesn't count.

I did like Ollie's reaction to being asked what his platform would be.

"Wait, I'm supposed to stand for things? I thought you just wore a sash and pretended bad things weren't happening, like that Quimby guy on TV!"
He's got a point, no mayor's ever lived long enough to get into specifics of their platform and every press conference has pretty much ended with an attempt on the candidate's life so they've never had time to actually say anything substantive.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, I'm sure the writers are going to play fair with him.

Also, I'm not sure what's going on with Stephen Amell's latest tweet, but I'm choosing to believe it means the creative team have massively stepped up their game when it comes to trolling Olicity fans.

https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/660001335702503424

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
New arrow cave is too perky and JLA-esque. Season fails.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Actually it reminds me of the Power Chamber from Power Rangers, down to suits in glass vases lining the perimeter. Just needs a central tube for Zordon. What's the DC equivalent of wise floating head man? Jor-El?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

greatn posted:

Actually it reminds me of the Power Chamber from Power Rangers, down to suits in glass vases lining the perimeter. Just needs a central tube for Zordon. What's the DC equivalent of wise floating head man? Jor-El?

One of the Guardians maybe. Or Oracle if she's feeling really grandiose.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BlackJosh posted:

Thank you for reminding me of this. I saw it go by and I figured I had to have misread it or something. Speed Weed!

It's just like Joe Kerr working on Batman: TAS and other DCAU properties

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Zebulon posted:

Felicity swooning over the salmon ladder.

That may be one of the best moments in the past few years

greatn posted:

I thought that was pretty obvious, thea assumed the big news he gathered everyone for was engagement news.

Thea saw the ring in episode 4x1

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Technogeek posted:

Yeah, I'm sure the writers are going to play fair with him.

Also, I'm not sure what's going on with Stephen Amell's latest tweet, but I'm choosing to believe it means the creative team have massively stepped up their game when it comes to trolling Olicity fans.

https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/660001335702503424

There's a shot in one of the teasers of Ollie and Barry at the coffee shop, maybe it's a pun.

greatn posted:

Professor Stein actually.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

There's a shot in one of the teasers of Ollie and Barry at the coffee shop, maybe it's a pun.

Professor Stein actually.

I was a bit disappointed that Stein didn't appear as a wavy transparent ghost head every time he talked to Jackson this week. I guess they needed all the VFX power they could muster for MANSHARK!!!.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

greatn posted:

Barry literally still has one in the hidden room at Star Labs.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What a good ep. It's funny when you think of what a lovely two days Lance had. It started with him upset about not being able to investigate two detectives deaths, then finding out his daughter is alive (but insane), then she tries to kill his other daughter. He finds out the rear end in a top hat who got his daughter killed is a vigilante and is RUNNING FOR MAYOR, and has to rely on him to do criminal analysis.

The next day, he gets confronted by the vigilante IN HIS APARTMENT (never fun to find people in your home, especially if you're a cop whose daughter was kidnapped repeatedly over the last three years).
Then he finds out the killers are in his apartment building, he has to kill his daughter, can't do it, is kidnapped and forced into ending his career and breaking his morality, only to be saved by the vigilante, a guy who's made his life insane.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Then makes him go undercover in magic crazy mans criminal orgwnization

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Golden Bee posted:

What a good ep. It's funny when you think of what a lovely two days Lance had. It started with him upset about not being able to investigate two detectives deaths, then finding out his daughter is alive (but insane), then she tries to kill his other daughter. He finds out the rear end in a top hat who got his daughter killed is a vigilante and is RUNNING FOR MAYOR, and has to rely on him to do criminal analysis.

The next day, he gets confronted by the vigilante IN HIS APARTMENT (never fun to find people in your home, especially if you're a cop whose daughter was kidnapped repeatedly over the last three years).
Then he finds out the killers are in his apartment building, he has to kill his daughter, can't do it, is kidnapped and forced into ending his career and breaking his morality, only to be saved by the vigilante, a guy who's made his life insane.

Detective Lance already knew Oliver was the Arrow from the final events of last season, but otherwise this is spot-on. Somebody next week better acknowledge that Lance's weak heart clearly isn't a problem anymore, if ever. (Or, next week's cold open is him surrounded by EMTs performing CPR.)

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Phylodox posted:

We still just have "Black Driver" for Diggle, right?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Diggle is clearly Mr T.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

jscolon2.0 posted:

Barry literally still has one in the hidden room at Star Labs.

Nope. The AI is gone. Because the timeline that created it never existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

McSpanky posted:

(Or, next week's cold open is him surrounded by EMTs performing CPR.)

"This is the third time this week, captain! You have to slow down before your body drops!"

• Locked thread