Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Lunethex posted:

Well with black powder fixed now everyone has to learn how to Cheat Engine grimoires if they want oranges :q:

For those so inclined I can post the method or PM it to you.

That only works in SP with bots though right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Alkydere posted:

As someone who's played games with goons for a while I'd say it's less the :10bux: and more the communication. Goons in groups trounce other games/players because Teamwork Is OP.

Of course we're elitist jerks so you gotta pay your :10bux: to support the forums, but really there's nothing stopping players in other games coordinating like goons do...well besides human nature. :v:

Oh absolutely, goons are terrible at games but great at organization which let's us run games like EVE and Rust and all that organized stuff. CTS is a beautiful boon for SA. Just saying that the difference between a J4G and pubbie is a minor one at best

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Demiurge4 posted:

Just don't try to play EVE if you just joined.

Fix'd!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Oh absolutely, goons are terrible at games but great at organization which let's us run games like EVE and Rust and all that organized stuff. CTS is a beautiful boon for SA. Just saying that the difference between a J4G and pubbie is a minor one at best

My big experience was with Planetside 2. Goons absolutely wreck that game so hard it's comedy gold. Try to pull a column of armor? Sorry, we've got an army of dudes with particle cannons on the nearby hill popping your tanks the moment they get off the spawn-pad. Fight a grueling battle to take a base? Sorry, a bunch of dudes in spandex witll drop in and reclaim the base at 10 seconds left on the clock! Admittedly I haven't played in about a year, but when I did play the pubs basically considered a goon player to be worth about 3-4x anyone else and my occasional peeks into the PS2 threads suggest nothing has changed.

Seriously, it always made me laugh when in the chat you'd see people shouting about how [GOKU] just dropped 4 platoons on the point when we don't even have the 48 players to make a single full platoon.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

FileNotFound posted:

That only works in SP with bots though right?

Nope. You can be in a party. It's all clientside and there's nothing preventing the modification of memory.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Well yeah, there is just a ton of goons and all they do is zerg and they don't have glorious e-bushido like my glorious clan Lone Death Wolves :argh:

On vermintidechat, am I crazy or do the elf's bows really have no good benefits over the crossbows? Sure they can rapid fire some weak shots, but drawing it back properly takes almost as much time as reloading the crossbow, doesn't consistently OHK specials, AND can't be quickfired. It just seems useless by comparison.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I'm pretty sure elf bow is specialized for killing the swarm at range, and also doing damage to rogres from a distance. All other uses are bad.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Fat Samurai posted:

Did he literally shot himself in the foot, or is the position of the pistol just an unfortunate coincidence? I'd also mock the 2 pistols 1 hand thing, but the Witch Hunter exists.

Carrying multiple one-shot pistols so you could fire multiple times without needing to reload was a real thing real pirates did.

I mean, it was usually like three, maybe six tops, not the 64 Victor might be carrying around, but still.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

On vermintidechat, am I crazy or do the elf's bows really have no good benefits over the crossbows? Sure they can rapid fire some weak shots, but drawing it back properly takes almost as much time as reloading the crossbow, doesn't consistently OHK specials, AND can't be quickfired. It just seems useless by comparison.

Benefits of elf bows:
1. Can be used alongside Sword+Dagger

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

hooman posted:

Dorf: Takes effort to miss with one of those
Satlzpyre: Careful or I'll throw the next one at you.

Dwarf: Takes great skill to miss with one of those bombs Azungi.
Soldier: Should I throw the next one at you dwarf?
Dwarf: Might as well! Maybe you'll hit the thrakki that way!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

President Ark posted:

Carrying multiple one-shot pistols so you could fire multiple times without needing to reload was a real thing real pirates did.

I mean, it was usually like three, maybe six tops, not the 64 Victor might be carrying around, but still.

Or in other words, can you imagine trying to reload a muzzle loaded pistol in a fistfight

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're

Lunethex posted:

Nope. You can be in a party. It's all clientside and there's nothing preventing the modification of memory.

I was about to say "I wonder when people'll start getting VAC banned for this" but then I remembered loving with all sorts of item spawn rates in BL2 multiplayer w friends and nobody caring and also that it's pve game

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Lunethex posted:

Really weird thing is that it works for the rest of the group with non-modified memory.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT posted:

I was about to say "I wonder when people'll start getting VAC banned for this" but then I remembered loving with all sorts of item spawn rates in BL2 multiplayer w friends and nobody caring and also that it's pve game

they didn't VAC ban people cheating dark souls 2. So I doubt they'd do it at a strictly PVE game :(

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

xthetenth posted:

Really weird thing is that it works for the rest of the group with non-modified memory.

Are you sure? I've been under the impression that the grimoires you edit are clientsided, so it won't affect anyone else. I never tried it with others of course.

If that's the case, then my friends will be very happy with my lobbies :v:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT posted:

VAC is only for dedicated servers and only bans you from VAC enabled servers. Valve really only cares about cheating in those situations. It's upto fatshark if they want some more brutal anticheat but it's unlikely.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I'm glad they killed the exploit. I did it myself for a couple hours and got an orange rapier last night but it was starting to get kind of hard to get a non black powder game going.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Al Borland posted:

they didn't VAC ban people cheating dark souls 2. So I doubt they'd do it at a strictly PVE game :(

It's sad that now when I buy a game with a strong PvP element I usually do so on console despite having a good gaming PC, pretty much just because of the cheating angle.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Doing Black Powder now is horrible. Pubbies can't deal with it without exploiting.

Also they moved one of the barrel spawns so it takes a little longer to do.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Dezztroy posted:

Doing Black Powder now is horrible. Pubbies can't deal with it without exploiting.

This pleases me greatly.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Now that BP exploit is done, I've noticed a massive influx of high leveled players that play like complete idiots on other maps. I don't understand the point in grinding for loot all damned day if you're going to be outdone by people with greens and blues the second you start playing the actual game.

Loot is great and everything but it doesn't mean jack poo poo if you can't play the game well

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Lunethex posted:

Are you sure? I've been under the impression that the grimoires you edit are clientsided, so it won't affect anyone else. I never tried it with others of course.

If that's the case, then my friends will be very happy with my lobbies :v:

Did for me when I tried popping in on a friend doing it out of curiosity. Incidentally, dying when the host has hp pools set to lolhuge desyncs. Don't think I'll be doing more testing, I'd rather not cheat my inventory full and I've already gotten my look into the architecture.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I love when games break.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lunethex posted:

I love when games break.

Was playing Horn of Magnus yesterday and a rogre got stuck inside building geometry. Like we were fighting him in the street and all of a sudden he just glitch warps through a wall into a house (one without usable doors that you are not supposed to enter). We could still hear him stomping around and roaring but he was totally stuck so we just continued on with the level. I'm certain that nobody triggered it on purpose and it was just a freak glitch. It happened in the area between the hog pens and the first grimoire's little cellar.

A teammate: "that rogre got hosed"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

We hit a rogre with a bomb and he teleported to another area of the map by being knocked through the wall. It took like another 5 minutes before we were moving on and then suddenly got cold-cocked by an angry rogre out of nowhere on an upper level of the wizard tower.

We found the Grimoire behind the secret door on Horn of Magnus because a Packmaster managed to phase through the wall and drag our bright wizard through before getting shot after phasing back through, leaving the wizard trapped in the grimoire room and us trying to figure out how to get her out.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dezztroy posted:

Hopefully you are like me and got your cata completion out of the way so that you never have to play that level again

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Was playing Horn of Magnus yesterday and a rogre got stuck inside building geometry. Like we were fighting him in the street and all of a sudden he just glitch warps through a wall into a house (one without usable doors that you are not supposed to enter). We could still hear him stomping around and roaring but he was totally stuck so we just continued on with the level. I'm certain that nobody triggered it on purpose and it was just a freak glitch. It happened in the area between the hog pens and the first grimoire's little cellar.

Seen this sort of thing twice on Magnus. First time, he phased into a building and was never seen again. Rat Ogre music for the rest of the level, and no more regular rat spawns or hordes aside from the barrel/horn events. Second time, he came at us while we were still at the beginning dock area, and someone chucked a bomb at him which caused the Rogre to fall into the water. Same deal with the rat spawns and music. I guess you could theoretically try to do this stuff on purpose because it makes the rest of the stage trivial.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

sirtommygunn posted:

Behold! My greatest invention! The Mancatch-Longer!

What a terrible possible future.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Vargs posted:

Seen this sort of thing twice on Magnus. First time, he phased into a building and was never seen again. Rat Ogre music for the rest of the level, and no more regular rat spawns or hordes aside from the barrel/horn events. Second time, he came at us while we were still at the beginning dock area, and someone chucked a bomb at him which caused the Rogre to fall into the water. Same deal with the rat spawns and music. I guess you could theoretically try to do this stuff on purpose because it makes the rest of the stage trivial.

I've done this twice on Smugglers run. If you get one at the beginning, bombing him as he goes through the first actual doorway will likely glitch him out. Was worried the rest of the run he was going to burst up through the floor on us or something.

This is actually a really good idea for future maps: Revenge of the Rogre

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Chomp8645 posted:

We had this with a structure too but he came out of it eventually he just up and disappeared after we hit him with a bomb and everyone was like "where the gently caress did he go?"

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

I just grab loving everything we see and eventually will poo poo out a bonus bomb or healing item. It's nice.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Fans posted:

I just grab loving everything we see and eventually will poo poo out a bonus bomb or healing item. It's nice.

Everyone still always forgets who has it and runs up and grabs things first. I sometimes have to run around touching things in the middle of combat to try and get the dupe in.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fans posted:

I like this combined with the fish, The fish lets you reuse healing potions / kits so mega value.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Alkydere posted:

My big experience was with Planetside 2.

please confine the shitposting to the correct, Arghy-approved thread

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
The nice thing about the dupe trinket is it doesn't matter who holds the item, they duper just needs to touch it. Then other people who need it can carry it.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Al Borland posted:

THat probably got written into a few grudge books.

It got crossed out of the big one. After the dwarfs drove the High Elfs into the sea, the dwarven high king of the time lopped the Phoenix King's head off and them taking the Phoenix Kings' crown jewels as collateral - to be only given back once the High Elfs would openly apologise and beg for 'em. Needless to say, well over 2 millenia later those jewels are still in the high kings' vault because beating some humility into elves is a forlorn hope. :v:

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

I'm really enjoying the game so far, but the dice absolutely hate me. I'm almost level 18 and I've not even rolled a green yet, let alone seen a trinket.

The 3 times I actually finished a game on hard I got whites too :mad:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I keep getting green and blue trinkets instead of weapons. At level 15 I'm wearing a trinket with +40% revive speed, and another with +50% Luck.

I just want a new Rapier though :(

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Level 30, 3 trinket slots, zero trinkets. Living the dream.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I got a trinket after my first game and one after I hit level 15 and my second trinket slot unlocked. :smugdog:

Unfortunately they are for 20% less damage from ratling gunners and 40% larger bomb explosions. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

I keep getting green and blue trinkets instead of weapons. At level 15 I'm wearing a trinket with +40% revive speed, and another with +50% Luck.

I just want a new Rapier though :(

+Revive speed is great, at least. It's great, being able to pick people up between rat swings.

• Locked thread