Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Xenophon posted:

Well, yeah. I mean in the first debate when Mumbley Ben started talking about tithes as a basis of government I thought he was batshit crazy but the moderators did nothing and his numbers started to skyrocket afterwards.

This is what guys like Ben Carson want:

anything else and they'll just play the victim

Ben's already losing his narrative, at the last debate he said the tithe would be closer to 15% when the moderators pointed out that 10% would destroy the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

So basically Trump and Carson were able to eat up all the votes that Jeb and Fiorina lost, Rubio got nothing. If this holds up in the other polls this is really, really bad for Rubio I think.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TheTatteredKing posted:

Jeb probably does legit want long as debates. Endurance is his only chance.

The joyful tortoise: slow yet steady.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I don't get why the media was so eager to jump on the "Trump is collapsing" bandwagon after one single poll with little evidence that it was actually a trend. Why are they so desperate to see Trump collapse?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 22, 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

MaxxBot posted:

I don't get why the media was so eager to jump on the "Trump is collapsing" bandwagon after one single poll with little evidence that it was actually a trend. Why are they so desperate to see Trump collapse?

Change of narrative gets more ratings, clicks, ect, ect.

The same old story doesn't sell.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

MaxxBot posted:

The only thing better than seeing Trump destroy everyone else is to see him destroy himself. He won't go quietly and he'll say awful stuff that will be ratings gold.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

MaxxBot posted:

"Trump cannot win" is simultaneously a prediction and the Republican Party's current strategy.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MaxxBot posted:

The drama created from something like a Trump collapse also calls into question the party's viability. edit: The media will lose their ratings figurehead and reason for covering the GOP. Media heads will start openly attacking Republicans if they can't bring in the viewers after propping them up for so long with Trump.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

IBD, like Gravis, is a famously lovely pollster. We'll probably have to wait until Sunday or Monday to see good post-debate polls.

The question is, is this poll going to be eligible for the FBN debate's eligibility? If so, this poll gets more interesting regarding the lower candidates. That chart implies everyone else is below Fiorina's 3%, which could be bad news.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Only 10 more days until the next GOP debate!

My dad was complaining that the next debate is way too soon.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
The next debate should run like a miss America pageant. It should include a swimsuit competition

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Patter Song posted:

IBD, like Gravis, is a famously lovely pollster. We'll probably have to wait until Sunday or Monday to see good post-debate polls.

The question is, is this poll going to be eligible for the FBN debate's eligibility? If so, this poll gets more interesting regarding the lower candidates. That chart implies everyone else is below Fiorina's 3%, which could be bad news.

I agree with you about IBD/TIPP. BUT, oddly enough IBD was a "good enough" pollster to be included in the RCP average when their last poll showed Trump behind Carson.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
These Rand Paul endorsement videos never disappoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73q6sGcXgE

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Vox Nihili posted:

He doesn't have many endorsements, actually!

Yeah but he has the all important Texas Land Commissioner endorsement! :v:

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Joementum posted:

3 out of 3 white males unenthusiastically agree, Rand Paul is anti-dark-liberalism.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 18, 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

Rand Paul supporters are beautiful people inside and out.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

What My Dad Said At The Dinner Table: Webcam Edition

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ben Carson's campaign made a detour today.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Joementum posted:

lol pretty hard to find a Rand Paul endorser that isn't a white boy in their bedroom huh

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

:stare:

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Montasque posted:

I agree with you about IBD/TIPP. BUT, oddly enough IBD was a "good enough" pollster to be included in the RCP average when their last poll showed Trump behind Carson.

Why isn't RCP including this poll in their latest average? Just lagging behind or intentional?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ted Cruz's Super PAC "Keep the Promise 1" (not to be confused with his other Super PACs "Keep the Promise 2" and "Keep the Promise 3") say he had the best line of the night. And they've got Frank Luntz to prove it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ppa1ha4SN4

By the way, Ted Cruz's campaign put up this video with some of the same footage minutes later. Probably just a coincidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoKhp10SYvs

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

hes a black politician, imo who ELSE could do such a photo op?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 22, 2016

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Was Jesse Jackson with him?

Dr. King would definitely have voted Republican, remember?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Baloogan posted:

hes a black politician, imo who ELSE could do such a photo op?

Someone who didn't call Obamacare worse than slavery? Someone who isnt "sickened" by the black lives matter movement? Someone not running for the top spot in a party where disenfranchising the black vote is openly embraced? Someone who hasn't embraced a constituency the despises everything MLK stood and spoke for? Maybe someone who didn't cash in a bunch of goodwill with the black community for a chance to lecture Obama about Jesus at a prayer breakfast and then dump them like a sack of rocks? Maybe someone who doesn't encourage people to wait for evidence of a black childs wrongdoing when they get killed or assaulted by police?

Idk, its not even a real photo op and I get why Carson would be there. I just dont get why he didn't burst into flames made of pure irony.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I really don't see any issue with a politician visiting the Lorraine Motel. Like, I'm fine with the fact this happened.

Maybe it will make them reflect and come to a better understanding. Maybe not.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and admit my ignorance that I don't know what that is. Help?

edit:

Joementum posted:

I really don't see any issue with a politician visiting the Lorraine Motel.

Ahh, ok, there. Thank you. Ignorance fixed.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Joementum posted:

Ted Cruz's Super PAC "Keep the Promise 1" (not to be confused with his other Super PACs "Keep the Promise 2" and "Keep the Promise 3") say he had the best line of the night. And they've got Frank Luntz to prove it!

Why on Earth does he have multiple PAC's with so similar names. I assume the answer is shady/bizarre PAC regulations but i'm curious to know what those reasons are.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and admit my ignorance that I don't know what that is. Help?

It's where MLK was shot.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Deptfordx posted:

Why on Earth does he have multiple PAC's with so similar names. I assume the answer is shady/bizarre PAC regulations but i'm curious to know what those reasons are.

Nobody really knows. There's been some speculation that it makes it easier for big donors to split their giving into smaller increments, but it's something that's never been done before.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Did it even occur to them that dressing in all black might make them look a little SS-ish?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

That's actually a good place to visit, I'm not gonna call that ghoulish. Is that wreath always there?

But as long as we're talking about Ben Carson, whoever said we were in the scrutiny phase of "Rise-->Scrutiny-->Fall" wasn't kidding.

Check out this fuckin scrutiny:

http://thedailybanter.com/2015/10/here-are-7-crazy-things-ben-carson-said-in-one-speech-to-quack-mannatech-group/

quote:

“I’ve always had this thing for knives, you know, I was fascinated with knives.”

“I locked myself in the bathroom that day and started thinking about… knives.”

I was already learning about personality disorders and behavior disturbances, and I knew that I had one…and I said ‘Lord, you’re going to have to be my psychotherapist, because I can’t go on like this,’ and I just turned it over to Him. And I said, ‘If you want me to do something in life, you’re gonna have to fix this. If not, you know, I’ll just go on like this, but I’ll tell you right now,I can’t do it.'”

If anyone thinks the bolded quote will hurt his poll numbers, you don't know what kinds of phrases resonate with evangelicals.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 30, 2015

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Someone who didn't call Obamacare worse than slavery? Someone who isnt "sickened" by the black lives matter movement? Someone not running for the top spot in a party where disenfranchising the black vote is openly embraced? Someone who hasn't embraced a constituency the despises everything MLK stood and spoke for? Maybe someone who didn't cash in a bunch of goodwill with the black community for a chance to lecture Obama about Jesus at a prayer breakfast and then dump them like a sack of rocks? Maybe someone who doesn't encourage people to wait for evidence of a black childs wrongdoing when they get killed or assaulted by police?

Idk, its not even a real photo op and I get why Carson would be there. I just dont get why he didn't burst into flames made of pure irony.

this man here really knows whats right for black people

and acceptable opinions for black people

gently caress off

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Maybe someone who wouldn't stutter harder than a Skrillex single if you asked him if he supports (insert MLK quote here)?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

MaxxBot posted:

They were on this train ever since the Megyn Kelly fight. Headline after headline of TRUMP ATTACK BACKFIRES when no actually he gained in every poll and has been rising ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Mitt Romney posted:

Why isn't RCP including this poll in their latest average? Just lagging behind or intentional?

I have no idea. If they don't include it that's some real clear shenanigans on RCP's end, and I hope they get called out on it.

In other news, Peggy Noonan thinks Jeb is DONE:

The Not Ready for Prime Time Bush

quote:

To Jeb. He has not succeeded this year, and there is no particular reason to believe he will. Yes, he still has money, but what has money got him so far?...

...It’s widely believed among high Jeb supporters that Mr. Trump—“The Gong Show,” as they call him—has kept Mr. Bush from rising. ]But Mr. Trump isn’t the problem, he was the revealer of the problem: Jeb just isn’t very good at this...

...He was playing from an old playbook—he means to show people his heart, hopes to run joyously. But it’s 2015, we’re in crisis; they don’t care about your heart and joy, they care about your brains, guts and toughness. The expectations he faced were unrealistically high. He was painted as the front-runner. Reporters thought with his record, and a brother and father as president, he must be the front-runner, the kind of guy the GOP would fall in line for. But there’s no falling in line this year. He spent his first months staking out his position not as a creative, original chief executive of a major state—which he was—but as a pol raising shock-and-awe money and giving listless, unfocused interviews in which he slouched and shrugged. There was a sense he was waiting to be appreciated.

I speak of his candidacy in the past tense, which is rude though I don’t mean it rudely. It’s just hard to see how this can work. By hard I mean, for me, impossible.

• Locked thread