Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Are there bp rewards in 3rd for maxing out in SC? I'm already aware of how different the setup is for that game so I cant really see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I was getting tired of going back and forth between the notebook and my equipment to do orbment setups, so I made a thing to keep on the other monitor. (Status effects are on there to make the columns even. :v: )

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Holy crap Major Cid.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Are there bp rewards in 3rd for maxing out in SC? I'm already aware of how different the setup is for that game so I cant really see it.

Yes, you get a CP-auto-regen accessory for A ranking SC, or a CP-rate-increasing accessory for B rank.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

Unleash the might of the cookie...

SpaceDrake posted:

Yes, early on, feel free to throw cookies at enemies. It's rather expected and is good for bursting healing assholes down.

Thanks, the death cookies did the trick. Pizza cake.

What's the highest BP you can earn in the prologue? I got +14, but I chose "The enemy" when Anelace asked who dragged the two of them out to the forest, and I was wondering if "Kurt" is the actual best answer, since...you know.

Also it took three playthroughs of the prologue for me to notice that Kurt uses the exact same attacks in the last fight. :downs:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tamba posted:

Yes, you get a CP-auto-regen accessory for A ranking SC, or a CP-rate-increasing accessory for B rank.

Oh the gladiator accessories? Nice. Do you get both for A rank or just the belt?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

No, they're called Seal of the Sun/Moon respectively. The gladiator items exist too, but you only get those later in the game.
I think you only get one, but I'll have to check my savegame.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Really Pants posted:

What's the highest BP you can earn in the prologue? I got +14, but I chose "The enemy" when Anelace asked who dragged the two of them out to the forest, and I was wondering if "Kurt" is the actual best answer, since...you know.

i picked kurt, and anelace's answer made it sound like that was not the right choice.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Inflammatory posted:

i picked kurt, and anelace's answer made it sound like that was not the right choice.

No credit for reading the future allowed! Even if it's already reasonably obvious by that point.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Tamba posted:

No, they're called Seal of the Sun/Moon respectively. The gladiator items exist too, but you only get those later in the game.
I think you only get one, but I'll have to check my savegame.

You do get both of them.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Zaggitz posted:

Holy crap Major Cid.

When I fought him, he spent the entire battle trying to cast.

Everyone in my party could impede with Crafts, two from a distance. He never got a spell off.

It made the party's claims about barely winning ring pretty hollow.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Supremezero posted:

No credit for reading the future allowed! Even if it's already reasonably obvious by that point.

to be fair, it was probably karna.

Faroush
Mar 21, 2009

Amashing

Sakurazuka posted:

Brandish seems to be keeping a tally of how often I use 'Rest', is this something I should be worried about?

It's nothing to worry about, just to confirm. It only affects some flavor text in the end. Nothing major at all.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Really Pants posted:

Thanks, the death cookies did the trick. Pizza cake.

Also it took three playthroughs of the prologue for me to notice that Kurt uses the exact same attacks in the last fight. :downs:

I said "A third party" because the other two answers didn't make sense. Friendlies wouldn't have stripped their weapons and the enemy wouldn't have left them alone or alive. I guess I was kind of right? :shrug:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Faroush posted:

It's nothing to worry about, just to confirm. It only affects some flavor text in the end. Nothing major at all.

How so?

Faroush
Mar 21, 2009

Amashing

Hivac posted:

How so?

When you beat the game you're given a title, and it only affects that.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Faroush posted:

When you beat the game you're given a title, and it only affects that.

Ah, okay. I was mostly worried about some kind of bad end outcome or something or other.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh hey, the first chronological mention of Crossbell. Interesting.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I think I found another bug? Chapter 3 spoilers: In the scene where Schera and Anelace meet Campanella, his text shows up, but there's no sprite.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Wow, Ruins 10 is... confusing. (brandish)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Brandish definitely doesn't gently caress around on the later levels. Later on you meet enemies that erase your map and I couldn't help but slow-clap when I got to that point because wtf.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Finally, I can get back to actually playing this game.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Ahahaha holy poo poo, the sunday school quest is not loving around re: difficulty. Some of these are insane!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Do reserve party members get exp?

edit: holy poo poo did one battle and Tita gained like 8 levels.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 31, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Hmm. The most recent update seems to have broken the "select a topic" box during the Murder (... er, knockout) mystery in Ruan. It was working fine when I was last playing a few hours ago, but now I can't select choices via anything but the mouse.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

MAN IF I HAD KNOWN THERE WAS GONNA BE A HOT SPRINGS BATH SEQUENCE I WOULDN'T HAVE PUT OLIVIER IN MY RESERVE.

MANNNNNNNNNN. :negative:

edit: sheep mech.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 31, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

MAN IF I HAD KNOWN THERE WAS GONNA BE A HOT SPRINGS BATH SEQUENCE I WOULDN'T HAVE PUT OLIVIER IN MY RESERVE.

I too took Kloe.

Oh well, something to note for the next playthrough!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Also, I'm kind of surprised you didn't expect a hot springs sequence considering that you were in Zeiss and the hot spring wasn't broken.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

Also, I'm kind of surprised you didn't expect a hot springs sequence considering that you were in Zeiss and the hot spring wasn't broken.

I figured it was gonna be a plot thing, so I just took Kloe with me cause the other two jobs were for monster kills and I wanted my healer.

edit: Sara's blog is up.

I'm buying all three versions of this game, and I can't thank you enough for this insane amount of work, Sara.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zaggitz posted:

... I just got to Zeiss.

I demand knowledge of this! (or at least of how Reserves work in this game and if I can just pull them out without a problem)

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Oh hi brandish yes those are spikes and I'm dead now

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Supremezero posted:

... I just got to Zeiss.

I demand knowledge of this! (or at least of how Reserves work in this game and if I can just pull them out without a problem)

At some point during the chapter, there will be a Bracer quest about a peeping tom at the Hot Springs. Should be after the first chunk of plot.

Or just keep Olivier in your party the whole chapter.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Zaggitz posted:

edit: Sara's blog is up.

I'm buying all three versions of this game, and I can't thank you enough for this insane amount of work, Sara.

Man, such a crazy journey it seems like. I'll definitely be buying two copies of the game so I can have it on my vita and my PC at all times :)

Also my gf names the bugs in our condo Frederick :stare: Great name for code bugs too haha.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Supremezero posted:

... I just got to Zeiss.

once you have more than 4 party members, you can just swap out whenever at the guild branch.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
In a case of incredible irony, I would like to report a typo.

This should be "his skill with a gun is legit."

This sentence seems familiar.

It's kinda interesting to see how the translation changed.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 31, 2015

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I dunno if I'm missing something but every teleporter sequence in brandish seems totally random and trial-and-error

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The interquel between Chapters 3 and 4 is AMAZING.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Hivac posted:

I dunno if I'm missing something but every teleporter sequence in brandish seems totally random and trial-and-error

You now understand why a ton of people hate Brandish.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yo the Julia and Cassius sparring sequence is bad rear end as gently caress.

edit: Divine Penguin was cool and the reward even cooler.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I was getting tired of going back and forth between the notebook and my equipment to do orbment setups, so I made a thing to keep on the other monitor. (Status effects are on there to make the columns even. :v: )

Quick thing about the magic descriptions. What does Sylpharion actually do? It is marked as "Support" but has no effect noted for it. It is either missing that or it is a damage or healing spell and should have been marked as such.

[edit] Btw Sara, are you considering trying to get a piece on localisation and PC porting up on Gamasutra? A lot of the stuff covered in the blog posts are a good fit for a Gamasutra piece.

Munin fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 31, 2015