Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Game: Trouble on the Rim - A Monster Hunting CYOA
System: Homebrew CYOA
Format: CYOA votes
Players: As many as possible
Description: Players take on the role of a newly minted monster hunter in a renaissance fantasy world of knights, guilds and high bureaucracy. Loot and glory awaits the triumphant! But beware, for death lurks around every corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
Game: Burning Dwarves
System: Burning Wheel
Format: CYOA
Players: Everyone and Anyone
Description: Inspired by my other Burning Wheel CYOA that follows the adventures of Orc Spartacus, here's another CYOA where we'll be a Dwarf instead.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Game: The Dark Traders
System: Atomic Robo RPG (FATE variant)
Format: Skype/Hangouts
Players: 3-5
Description: 40k setting with a non-40k rpg system. Somewhat silly while still being stupidly grimdark, you are a bunch of people running errands for a Pirate Prince.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: Fellowship Playtest
System: Fellowship
Format: Skype
Players: 1-2
Description: We had a drop so we're looking for 1-2 replacements.

We decided to drop the game instead. Another person left and the game was cutting into my increasingly busy grad year.

Covok fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 16, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Game: [Mage Knight: Tezla] A Dirty Old Man In The Woods
System: Board Game
Format: PbP
Players: 4
Description: Let's go kick sand in the teeth of some treeworshippers and badly-dressed goths.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Game: The Magical Guide to World Change
System: Magical Burst 4E
Players: 4-6
Description: Be Magical Girls! Use arcane forces irresponsibly to achieve your dreams! Try not to break the world in the process!

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Game: Saturn's Moon Is A Harsh Mistress
System: Apocalypse World
Players: 5-7
Description: Players will eke out an existence in the decaying ruins of a colony on Titan which has had no contact with the wider universe for over half a century.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Game: The Dragon Slayers!
System: 13th Age
Players: 1 Replacement
Description: Join the strong and influential Dragon Slayers! Suplex rocks, kill dragons, seize destinies!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Game: Now Departing
System: Exalted 3rd Edition
Format: Roll20
Players: 3-5
Description: Visit Nexus! Work for horrible people! Fight bums! Loot GLORIOUS SOLAR artifacts!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Game: Sunrise Over the Sand
System: Exalted 3rd Edition
Players: 4-5
Description: Rebuild a fallen kingdom to glory, and then spread your glory to all of Creation!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Game: Rumble in the Jungle!
System: Atomic Robo
Format: PBP
Players: 4-5
Description: Do you like Borderlands? Do you like Borderlands IN THE JUNGLE? Join a bunch of badasses and search for alien treasure before the megacorporation that owns the planet can find it!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
It is an Ironclaw game about early modern war and how that's maybe not so great.
Description: Harque your buses and square your pikes, and let's all hope this doesn't go horribly wrong.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Exigents: Varied, Different, And Strange
System: Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine
Players: 5-6
Description: You are Exigents, a unique kind of Exalted made when lesser gods exalt a mortal. You are varied, different, and strange. How will you make your way in Creation?

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 6, 2017

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Game: [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748695]Ork Trada/url]
System: Rogue Trader
Description: Play as entrepreneurial Orks, taking their brand new ship out and exploring extorting the galaxy!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Game: Shadow of Sekigahara: A Japanese Nationsim
System: Nationsim
Format: PBP/IRC
Players: A multitude
Description: Toyotomi Hideyoshi, the warlord who continued the unification of Japan after Oda Nobunaga, is dead. He leaves behind a 5 year old son, surrounded by powerful daimyo, who have their own concerns and objectives...

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Game: [WFRP 2e] Great Things Come In Small Packages
System: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition
Players: 4-6ish
Description: A bunch of peasants and forrins in gritty not-France sack up and rage against the dying of the light.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Game: GURPS Zombies
System: GURPS 4e
Players: 5-8
Description: Zombies show up and wreck Chicago. The characters are stuck in the middle of the city and need to escape.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What: Delta Green
When: Weekly, starting Thursday, 5 November 2015, 7:00 PM EST / Friday, 6 November 2015, 12:00 MN GMT
How: Roll20 with voice
Who: 3-4 players

The quickstart guide with pregens is here.

If you're interested, PM me or shoot me an email at gradenko2000 <at> gmail.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Game Ryuutama
When PbP
How PbP on RPGnet with dice by DREAD OROKOS (blessed be its name)
Who 4-6 players, with a potentially rotating cast
Description Ordinary-ish people going on journeys in fantasy-land

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769139

I've just opened up an interest thread for running Ryuutama on RPGnet, and just thought I'd scout around for players here too. If it turns out that I get no-RPGnetters and all goons, it'll be run here instead, otherwise over there.

What is Ryuutama?

It's been described as Miyazaki's Oregon Trail. You're playing ordinary people (farmers, artisans, healers, minstrels, nobles etc.) going on a Journey. Characters travel between towns and interesting places having adventures on the way.

Journeys are important in the world of Ryuutama because they provide stories that the seasonal dragons (who sustain the world) need to grow. The party is watched by a Ryuujin, a sort of dragon spirit who watches and records their journey, occasionally intervening to help the group out or make things more interesting for them.

:siren: Edited to add the actual recruitment thread

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 30, 2015

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Game: Shadowrun STL
System: Shadowrun Fifth Edition
Format: Play-By-Post
Players: 1-3 new players
Description: Some players of mine went dark and we're experiencing a lot of inactivity, so I'm looking for new players to fill in the slots. There's currently a run going on, but we've just gotten out of the Johnson meeting, so it's completely plausible and possible to integrate your characters in.
Game: Here's the new recruitment post.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Game: Shadows in the Guilded City
System: Tavern Tales
Players: 5
Description: High fantasy intrigue, skullduggery and a healthy dose of the occult. Perfect for the inquisitive-minded or those who just want to be a cultist stabber. Haven't heard of the system? No worries, it's online, free and easy to learn!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Game: Let's Play Pretend
System: Fate Accelerated Edition
Players: ~3-5
Description: You and your friends played pretend so hard for so long that now it's starting to happen for real. A rules-light game intentionally made to be very welcoming to new players!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Game: Godgame - The coming of the Ice
System: PDQ
Description: The first Age of Ice is nearly at an end. After a lot of borking up Hell has been cracked open (and hastily painted over), the world is just about entirely covered by ice, and an insidious curse has infected all mortal souls. Gods have died to the greater-than-supernatural cold, murder, and betrayal but you've survived and now somebody is calling for a meeting on presumably neutral ground. This is a live-ish recruitment and anybody interested in trying out is free to participate in the final dialogue scene for the Age before I clear the board a bit and set up the next one.

Old players returning or new players completely unfamiliar with God Games/PDQ are welcome.

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 2, 2015

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Game: [PDQ]Smallgods: Strangers In a Strange World
System: PDQ
Players: 5ish
Description: A new godgame with characters transported to a new world, and begining their transformation into gods. Come make a mark on the history of a world.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Game: Console Wars 2: Attack of the Clones link
System: Mafia
Players: 25
Format: Red hammer
Description: A mafia game involving: Consoles, Time Travel, Original Power Roles and Obscure console clones. 24h days, all welcome

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Game: Fill your monsterheart with LOVE
System: Monsterhearts
Players: 6+
Description: Try to get by as a teen monster living in the underground and deal with harrowing revelations like anime might not be real

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.
Game: Upon The Rocks
System: Numenera
Players: 4, possibly more
Description: A sudden storm has forced your ship into port. You'll have to stay landbound until it passes, but plans can change as fast as the weather. Come explore the world ocean of Tamat and its strange inhabitants!

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Game: To cast a spell, step one: create the universe
System: Microscope and GURPS 4e
Players: 4, possibly more
Description: Collaboratively design a setting with a focus on magic and how magic interacts with society and history (either as forks of real world or fictional in nature); find interesting points in the history; run it in GURPS and explore how magic works in that timeframe. (How would battlefield magic work during Desert Storm? What about if people could only use construction magic in 900 CE? Are the United States of America ruled by a cabal of necromancers? What if magic caused the mass extinction of dinosaurs? Was Buzz Aldrin a moon druid? Are wizards just reality programmers and everybody is in a computer simulation? etc.)

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Game: Darkening of Mirkwood
System: The One Ring
Players: 4 to 5
Description: Rage against the dying of the light in this struggle to keep what light remains in Mirkwood alive for as long as you can.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Thread: [Edge of the Empire]Let's mess with the Hutts, why not
System: Edge of the Empire
Players: 4 or 5
Format: Play-by-Post

You were a cool space criminal, but then you messed up and got caught. Now you've been given a deal to earn your freedom back, but it will take you up against the Hutts. Perhaps it would be better to find a way out before you make too many powerful enemies?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Thread: [Ryuutama] Cellphone Fantasy
System: Ryuutama
Players: 4-6, depending
Format: Play by Post

Big dumb science fantasy setting. Go from here to there, meet interesting people, maybe have adventures?

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 10, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Thread: [WFRP2E] Vermintide
System: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Second Edition
Players: 5 - 6

In light of the recent release of the Vermintide game, I am running the Terror in Talabheim campaign, where Taal's holy city is besieged by the skaven; the Empire is currently fighting the Storm of Chaos and Archaron's host, and its defenses south of Kislev and the Norscan border are thin. The ratmen, knowing of this, have planned an attack to take and hold the impenetrable city of Talabheim, which is set into a massive, natural crater, said to have been formed when Taal himself suplexed a great wyrm to death.

Due to the difficulty of this campaign I am allowing players to be at the start of their third careers, with 300 XP to spend and an offering of bonus free advances should they choose to have their careers randomly chosen for them.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Thread: The world of Amarath
System: Dawn of the Worlds and then modified/inspired-from Reign
Players: No more then six + replacements

You are a bunch of fickle, bored gods. What do they do when they're bored? Go make a new world, you sandbox-y degenerates! Create a portion of the world of Amarath with me, painting the map itself and the civilizations within. Make this fantasy world whatever you like! Elves? Sure! Just humans? That's fine! However, this is a two phase game. The first phase is played out entirely in Dawn of Worlds, with the players acting as gods. The second phase is after all those god-things are gone, leaving the world they created to play itself out; players take the role of those created civilizations, orders and major groups and act out a world of nationalism and politics in the Medieval-Fantasy age. Both games are pretty rules light and, well, free, so anyone can join in!

The second phase won't be for a while, but we'll get to it! More players will be accepted during the second phase and the game will be re-posted here when we get to that down the line. Feel free to contributed even before then!

This basically counts as a God game, too.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 13, 2015

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game: The Slaying Stone
System: D&D 4th Edition
Players: At least 4
Format: VOIP over roll20

I'm interested in playing through The Slaying Stone level 1 adventure module in a single session. I'm not sure how long this would actually take, but I've set aside at least 4, as many as 8 hours (with breaks) at this time/date:

Friday, 20 November 2015, 9:00 PM EST (UTC-5 hours)
Corresponding GMT - Saturday, 21 November 2015, 2:00 AM

If you're interested or have any questions, please PM me or email me at gradenko2000 <at> gmail. Beginners are welcome! We can do either pregens or character creation in-session.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
DOUBLE FEATURE

Thread: Sector X
System: Stars Without Numbers' faction rules
Players: Unrestricted :siren: (Late sign ups are also accepted.)

Humanity spread across the stars like a horde of locusts despite the difficulties of travel, perhaps because of it. Every corner of the known galaxy had some outpost, some civilization of people on it, striking out on their own. Of course, with new opportunities came new conflict, new ambitions and new challenges. It came with new factions.

You play as a faction, some organization ranging from an industrial mega-corporation, scheming illuminati, terrorists, warlords, a section of a mighty star-empire, whatever have you. So long as you have eyes beyond a single planet you can fit in among the busy political makeup of the sector, all while playing by the same rules as everyone else. And those rules? Deceptively simple, however with one important caveat; no matter how big, how powerful or rich or influential you are, you get a single action a turn. The major powers may need to delegate to the minors to get their self-governed ambitions and goals realized and that can always lead to grisly betrayal...

At it's heart, this is both a political and civilization game. The rules are free and handily transcribed in a self-written hot mess of an OP. Beyond actions it's incredibly free-form, allowing you to play pretty much whatever you'd like with impunity and some reflavoring; the entire struggle of Star Wars could be played out in this system with ease, the various Moffs of the empire each individual, fueding factions while the Rebellion is much the same and criminal syndicates and commercial powers wiggle around the backstage. You don't have to be hellbent on military conquest, brushing the sector beneath your heel until they worship you, though spreading your corporation is similar, isn't it?

How long this game goes on is up in the air. Admittedly my focus is on the previously advertised game, more importantly the second part, so depending on the strain of both this game might come to an end after a month or two. We'll see! However, the mechanics of this ruleset are very light and most of the effort and struggle will be between you players scheming with each other and roleplaying, not me running the show. (Or you inputting your actions to play along.)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Game: Way of the Wicked
System: 13th Age
Players: 1
Format: Roll20.net

Yeah, it's this again. I've had another drop-out, and we're just finishing up the second adventure in the series and are about to start the third, so it's an ideal time to introduce a new PC. Our next game is scheduled for this Saturday at 8pm Eastern. Contact me through the roll20 forum or PM at roll20 if you're interested in joining in or have any questions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Game: Tontine: Get Rich or Die Trying
System: Tontine
Players: 6-10

Tontine is a mafia-like print and play game for six to ten players. It is a game of social manipulation played over several rounds and matches, with players voting on who to eliminate each round until the pot is claimed, in one of several ways. We play until one person reaches 25 points.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

What: Delta Green
When: Weekly, starting Thursday, 5 November 2015, 7:00 PM EST / Friday, 6 November 2015, 12:00 MN GMT
How: Roll20 with voice
Who: 3-4 players

The quickstart guide with pregens is here.

If you're interested, PM me or shoot me an email at gradenko2000 <at> gmail.

I'm running another game of this on Thu, Nov 19, 7:00 PM EST / Friday, Nov 20, 12:00 MN GMT and could use some more players if anyone is interested.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Thread: The Falcon and the Falconer
System: GURPS
Players: 1

I'd like a fourth for my ongoing PbP game. GURPS experience useful but not required. Contact me via forum PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
ThreadTraveller CYOA : The stars our destination.
System - Mongoose Traveller
Format - PBP
Players - 1 or everyone, depending on your point of view.

A Create your own adventure in the world of Traveller - where tables rule all! Guide our currently 18 year old character to greatness - or death,