Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
I miss Herman Cain, he's sexually assaulting women in candidate heaven now inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

FlamingLiberal posted:

One of Jeb!'s biggest donors, Paul Singer, is bailing on him to go with Rubio. I figure this will start the floodgates.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/u...v=top-news&_r=0

:getin:

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 18, 2016

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Speaking of post-debate polls, NBC/SurveyMonkey poll. Beware, because it is an "Internet Poll," though it is one that is professional and attempts to be scientific.

Trump/Carson 26
Cruz 10
Rubio 9
Bush 5
Fiorina 4
Christie/Kasich/Huckabee/Paul 2
Graham/Santorum/Jindal/Pataki/Gilmore 0

Now, Fox Business said only phone polls will be considered. The IBD/TIPP poll earlier was a phone poll, but may or may not be considered because their record is poo poo. This will definitely not be considered as an Internet poll, which is good news for the entire bottom tier because this would consign some to the kiddie table and the bottom five to oblivion.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 22, 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

FlamingLiberal posted:

One of Jeb!'s biggest donors, Paul Singer, is bailing on him to go with Rubio. I figure this will start the floodgates.

But... but... It's JEB's turn gosh darn it!

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

FlamingLiberal posted:

Jeb Can ! oh...nevermind. shucks. *sad trombone*

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Also, all campaigns are going to the meeting Sunday to discuss setting up their own debates with none of this damned bias TM. The last holdout was Jeb! He eventually caved after the others signed on to go to the meeting.

We'll see if this meeting gets anywhere. It'll be a good test of Donald Trump's negotiation talents. All of the candidates are pissed at the moderators, but are they pissed enough to follow the Tanned Piper's tune down the road to hosting their own debate independent of the RNC? If so, what would it possibly be? Will the venue be a Trump hotel?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

hold on lemme just tuck in my t-shirt ah perfect

e. wait its a branded turtleneck hahahahaha

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rand is doing a pretty job trying to be more pathetic than Jeb!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

woah that costume wig is some scary poo poo.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Are people still convinced trump isn't a serious gop contender?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

BETA TEST

Also despite some bullshit question the candidates crying about the debates comes across as incredibly pathetic and refusing to go on an NBC debate doubly so. I'm surprised Hillary hasn't started making those chicken bawking noises at them yet.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Des Moines celebrates Halloween the day before Halloween and calls it Begger's Night and Rand Paul is standing in Zombie Burger, one of the most touristy restaurants in Des Moines. So props for partying it up tonight, I guess.

I hope he gets hosed up at the bar and live tweets it.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Powercrazy posted:

Are people still convinced trump isn't a serious gop contender?

Nah man flash in the pan Jeb's definitely got this.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Axetrain posted:

I'm surprised Hillary hasn't started making those chicken bawking noises at them yet.

She already issued a statement on the GOP debate.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

is it possible for Cruz to end up the nominee from a brokered convention if too many people are still voting for renegades like Trump and Carson come convention time?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

icantfindaname posted:

is it possible for Cruz to end up the nominee from a brokered convention if too many people are still voting for renegades like Trump and Carson come convention time?

Technically it would be a "deadlocked", not a "brokered" convention. Not only are there no longer any brokers, but if there were they would never, ever go with Cruz.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

‘Distraught’ Bush Donor: Rubio Is A ‘F**king Jedi Master’

Jedi? I think striking down your mentor is more of a Sith thing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Jeb is bad and I'm happy he's tanking

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Joementum posted:

I don't think Mitt Romney changed significantly between 2008 and 2012.

Mitt officially became The Guy Who Was Runner Up In The Last Primary which was a somewhat important thing when considering his inevitability. It's why at some point Santorum was talked about as a front runner for 2016 because he was next in line and that's what Republicans do. Bush doesn't have anywhere near the aura of Mitt.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Mitt Romney posted:

IBD/TIPP last 3 polls:
8/31/2015: Trump 17% (leads)
10/2/2015: Trump 17% (down 7% to Carson)
10/30/2015: Trump 28% (leads)

Only the 10/2/2015 is in the RCP average. Maybe there are some kind of requirements that aren't listed by RCP.

:laffo: is this your first exposure to RCP?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque posted:

Still, it was probably a bad idea to give him that sword.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Fuschia tude posted:

:laffo: is this your first exposure to RCP?

RCP finally added the IBD/TIPP poll.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Montasque posted:

If being prepared for contingencies during a presentation can make you a Jedi master then sign me up for Jedi school.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

fosborb posted:

Des Moines celebrates Halloween the day before Halloween and calls it Begger's Night and Rand Paul is standing in Zombie Burger, one of the most touristy restaurants in Des Moines. So props for partying it up tonight, I guess.

I hope he gets hosed up at the bar and live tweets it.

I thought it was an Iowa thing, but they are trick or treating in Denver tonight also, so maybe that is spreading?

Also, Zombie Burger owns. I don't care about the zombie part, but I like their crazy rear end burger combinations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Joementum posted:

Still, it was probably a bad idea to give him that sword.

wanna see Jeb! pull a Bud Dwyer, seppuku-style

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

goddamn haha

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Excelzior posted:

wanna see Jeb! pull a Bud Dwyer, seppuku-style

I was thinking the other day it would be funny to do a Bud Dwyer photoshop with Jeb's face in there and tweet it to Trump, but you never know how touchy the secret service is going to be, so I decided against it.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Joementum posted:

These Rand Paul endorsement videos never disappoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73q6sGcXgE

Which one of you is #3?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
July, August, September, October.

Trump has been the GOP front-runner for 4 FULL MONTHS now.

He is the chosen one.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com...estimate=custom

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Watch out, TFR! Ben Carson supports CDC research into gun violence.

#CarsonGonnaGrabYerGuns

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

OctoberBlues posted:

I was thinking the other day it would be funny to do a Bud Dwyer photoshop with Jeb's face in there and tweet it to Trump, but you never know how touchy the secret service is going to be, so I decided against it.

This is a cowardly stance. Also afaik, secret service doesn't get involved with candidates until 100 days before the general.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Things are looking up for

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Powercrazy posted:

Also afaik, secret service doesn't get involved with candidates until 100 days before the general.

Nope. They can request it any time and will receive it if the President approves. Newt had a USSS detail in 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Nope. They can request it any time and will receive it if the President approves. Newt had a USSS detail in 2012.

Ooo. Do you have any deets on who has requested it versus not?

• Locked thread