Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Pththya-lyi posted:

Today's DbD reminded me of the strip from a few months ago where Muir argued that what Ramsay did to Sansa on Game of Thrones was not rape, because Sansa didn't scream or try to run away. So by his own logic, what Skye is doing to Zed is also not rape.

But, you see, when it happens to a MAN it's different because :biotruths:...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pththya-lyi posted:

Today's DbD reminded me of the strip from a few months ago where Muir argued that what Ramsay did to Sansa on Game of Thrones was not rape, because Sansa didn't scream or try to run away. So by his own logic, what Skye is doing to Zed is also not rape.

Lookit this chump who referenced DbD and 'logic' in the same sentence :rolleye:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Local Hero Pat Bagley dressed up for Halloween.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

I've sometimes thought about reading Transmetropolitan, but the visuals remind me of the Invisibles and I get scared that an angry British man is going to waste my time.

But I always think maybe I should, though, you know? I pretty much liked Preacher and Planetary. Maybe it's just Preacher and Planetary at the same time.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's future Hunter S Thompson yelling about future problems and shooting people with a diarrhea gun.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Crain posted:

I was THIIIIIIIIIIS close to going into journalism because of that comic.

So loving glad I wised up before choosing a major.

Goddamn, think of all the sad fuckers who decided to get into journalism because of Transmetropolitan, right as the bottom completely fell out of the industry.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

e_angst posted:

Goddamn, think of all the sad fuckers who decided to get into journalism because of Transmetropolitan, right as the bottom completely fell out of the industry.

Well, really to be fair you could say "think of all the sad fuckers who decided to get into ________, right as the bottom completely fell out of the industry" for a lot of things these days.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Who the hell is that supposed to be?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

It's not a costume if that's what you wear every day

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Lukovich, you're supposed to draw the costumes and then have the people say which candidates they are, not label the costumes with the candidates' names.

The name Ben Fields looks like Ben Folds and now I have 'Brick' stuck in my head.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The red party cup ruins it for me.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I bet he can just transmute his clothes into that costume at will and does so on a regular basis

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

betaraywil posted:

I've sometimes thought about reading Transmetropolitan, but the visuals remind me of the Invisibles and I get scared that an angry British man is going to waste my time.

But I always think maybe I should, though, you know? I pretty much liked Preacher and Planetary. Maybe it's just Preacher and Planetary at the same time.

It's not, apart from covering some of the same dubious sex ground that Preacher did.

My personal suggestion is that you read issue 8, "Another Cold Morning". It's the second issue in the new printing of volume 2, and it stands alone. If by the end of that you still think your time has been wasted, forget it.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

I... actually kind of like this Ramirez.

How should I feel about this?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Not My Leg posted:

Lukovich, you're supposed to draw the costumes and then have the people say which candidates they are, not label the costumes with the candidates' names.

The name Ben Fields looks like Ben Folds and now I have 'Brick' stuck in my head.

Two p.m., bit after lunchtime
I grab some black chick in her class
The rush of force, my cock is throbbing
The world don't care cause she is black

Down the stairs, to my patrol car
She is balled up from my blows
Her mom and dad? Both prob'ly black folk
I'm a cop what can they do?

And so I drag...
Now that I have found someone
More powerless than me
I'm white unlike she

She's a black and I'm sick of that type,
That whole race is mean and bad,
She's a black and I'd drown her, prob'ly

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Which is the entire point. He made 'Heller' who had literal Hitler Fans in his crowd cheering him saying 'heh I bet the other guy is some kinda pussy queermo right bros' set up as the bad guy and then he loses and it's shown that the most generic man in the race who literally is just called 'the smiler' is actually a loving sociopath nutbar who wants to be president just to be president.

Transmetropolitan is wanky as gently caress but at the very least it tries to go beyond 'heh, more like HITLER am I right guys'.

The Beast's speech from that story has always stuck with me too.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Well both Obama and Romney turned out to be The Smiler except only one of the was good at the whole "being likable" thing.

Edit - penultimate paragraph.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 31, 2015

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Looking like The Dude is on par with "I came as myself for Halloween!!"

In fact, I just reached Peak Dude this year. Or Peak Lebowski. All of a sudden he's loving Captain Jack Sparrow in terms of popularity at the office Halloween drag contest. The Big Lebowski was a movie, and that's all it was ever supposed to be, but nerds can't stop humping poo poo that doesn't immediately reject them, or can't talk back, like movies, so here we are. Smack in the middle of an era where dressing as Jeff Bridges is shorthand for "I'm not a loving dork." HOW IRONIC THE EXACT OPPOSITE IS WHAT'S ACTUALLY TRUE

Actually, anyone over the age of 12 who dresses up for Halloween is a loving idiot. A pervert bent on supping as much approval as he or she can from their peers and betters. A creature who gains sustenance from such an act isn't human, it's positively loving primordial. They have more in common with catfish than you and I. And catfish can't run away. Or at least not yet. Make them watch The Big Lebowski enough times and their chromosomes might enact rebellion; grant them legs. Big, strong legs to carry them far away from people and their dumb ideas and movies.

I loving hate this person. I KNOW YOU DON'T CARE

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

cram me sideways posted:

In fact, I just reached Peak Dude this year. Or Peak Lebowski. All of a sudden he's loving Captain Jack Sparrow in terms of popularity at the office Halloween drag contest. The Big Lebowski was a movie, and that's all it was ever supposed to be, but nerds can't stop humping poo poo that doesn't immediately reject them, or can't talk back, like movies, so here we are. Smack in the middle of an era where dressing as Jeff Bridges is shorthand for "I'm not a loving dork." HOW IRONIC THE EXACT OPPOSITE IS WHAT'S ACTUALLY TRUE

Actually, anyone over the age of 12 who dresses up for Halloween is a loving idiot. A pervert bent on supping as much approval as he or she can from their peers and betters. A creature who gains sustenance from such an act isn't human, it's positively loving primordial. They have more in common with catfish than you and I. And catfish can't run away. Or at least not yet. Make them watch The Big Lebowski enough times and their chromosomes might enact rebellion; grant them legs. Big, strong legs to carry them far away from people and their dumb ideas and movies.

You are kind of weird

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

cram me sideways posted:

You're reading a whole lot into people having fun. Show me on the doll where Halloween touched you...

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I think a man in a William Shatner mask killed his whole family on Halloween - I say we all respect his hatred of the holiday.

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 31, 2015

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I too become unreasonably furious when people enjoy themselves in a harmless, if silly, manner.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

cram me sideways posted:

The Big Lebowski is great. This post, if real, is also great.

Love a good meltdown

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

cram me sideways posted:

:eyepop:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

cram me sideways posted:

Yikes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What would the Internet even be without random bizarre outbursts of anger against popular fun things?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Nice going, assholes, you summoned Spider Jerusalem to the thread

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

minimalist posted:

Nice going, assholes, you summoned Spider Jerusalem to the thread

I really hope that was the gag he was going for and in that case it was probably the best post of the thread.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

cram me sideways posted:

Yeah, well, that's...you know, just like, uh, your opinion man.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

cram me sideways posted:

Put your keyboard down and go for a walk or something, if you can leave your room without crapping your pants.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I like Halloween because I make poo poo like Turkish delight and Pecan/Chocolate tarts and poo poo for the Treaters. Happy kids make a happy Naba.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Kegluneq posted:

Futuristic Hunter S Thompson isn't subtle? Oh my.

Given the period when Transmet was being written, the Smiler is almost certainly based more on Blair, so 'amoral, self serving sociopath' is a pretty accurate description of both him and the source.

V for Vendetta. :smug:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

cram me sideways posted:

hahahahaha

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Sorry. The correct punchline is..."Poor things are gonna starve."

e: All that rant is missing is "eat a bowl of gently caress."

.Edward Penischin fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 31, 2015

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

I know the answer is always "Muir is dumb", but is Sky getting Zed arrested for rape? He is in the hospital for a traumatic brain injury. He can't even legally give consent.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

cram me sideways posted:

This is what happens when you find a stranger in The Alps!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Today's DbD is a cop out, just as everyone expected.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Today's DbD is a cop out, just as everyone expected.

Please explain to me what's happening. DbD is so loving confusing and hurts my brain.

:edit:
It was all just a drug fueled dream?

gently caress you Muir. It's pretty loving obvious that he just does this poo poo so his followers can rage out with their misogyny and then he just walks it back in the end .

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

FIRST TIME posted:

Please explain to me what's happening. DbD is so loving confusing and hurts my brain.

He's having a hallucination from medication. It shows Waifu and Waifu's sister standing together watching Zed freaking out with a nurse saying "it's the (whatever drug name)".

• Locked thread