Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I was hoping for hot pants but am not totally surprised by that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I guess heaven dios are just too good for the ole bulge.

http://highdio.tumblr.com/post/132211143821/highdio-hes-here

e: they made gifs, too
http://highdio.tumblr.com/post/132209639986/heaven-dio-eoh

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 30, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if that list is to be believed than we should also expect a nice platter of food and a great-looking drink to be npcs

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

if that list is to be believed than we should also expect a nice platter of food and a great-looking drink to be npcs

Tonio sure is a swell guy.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Full JoJo meal with DIO cookie confirmed, Bruno still unconfirmed

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I finished Steel Ball Run today! Fantastic stuff, I ended up reading through the last five volumes in one sitting. Whilst I thought it lagged a little in the middle the final act is probably the best Jojo has delivered.

Gyro, whilst obviously doomed at birth by his name had a complete, satisfying arc and his final battle against Valentine was incredibly tense and poigant in its own right. If they ever get round to making an anime series for this I hope they use that Roundabout music cue for his final gunslinger staredown at the beach.

Johnny didn't get alot of ridiculous Jojo-esque actions scenes through SBR and even when he won he usually got the poo poo beaten out of him doing so, so Tusk ACT 4 really was incredible; the ultimate expression of 'Spin' prying open Valentine's AT field to do the 'ora ora' thing is probably one of the best finishers in the whole series. Valentine, aside from that time he tried to rape Lucy because ???, was a nice inversion of the typical DIO-style villain in that he's trying to attain ~ultimate power~ for a genuinely altruistic reason whilst remaining a resolute enemy, it does feel kinda a shame he couldn't just walk away given Johnny genuinely was willing to let bygones be bygones. The last minute reintroduction of Dio and [The World] was really well done too, the build-up to his reveal gave enough clues and callbacks to Stardust Crusaders that smart readers had an idea of what was coming and then the battle itself was fantastic and a great excuse to tie in the racing-aspect again for the finale. And even though Johnny lost, it did feel fitting that Lucy got the final hit in with Dio's own weaponised body after her's was turned into walking plot device for a good portion of the story.

So yeah, fantastic stuff, easily one of the best arcs all in all up there with Battle Tendency and Diamond is Unbreakable

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Serperoth posted:

So, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, well-known kind-hearted muscle-man, posted a picture of his dog, Hobbs, on Facebook yesterday.

I know the obvious thought to make is what if the rock played abdul

but imagine how amazing he'd be as jotaro

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

DIO is so beautiful he says gently caress folklore.

Also, related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbZelm1-X9g

Lol.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

DIO is so beautiful he says gently caress folklore.

Also, related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbZelm1-X9g

WRRRYYYY-snail really makes it

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 30, 2015

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Just opened up this thread because I wanted to point out how insanely epic the current villain in Jojolion is. I know its not that time of month, for Jojolion, but I was just thinking of his epic comb over and sexual prowess.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

I know the obvious thought to make is what if the rock played abdul

but imagine how amazing he'd be as jotaro

I'm trying to imagine jotaro giving someone the brow and I can't

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Pomp posted:

What about Joseph? Has that loveable, well-meaning trickster-y vibe to him.

"Next you're gonna say: "I'm gonna go down Know My Role Boulevard, hang that right on Jabroni Drive, and proceed to check my candy rear end in at the Smackdown Hotel"

Alternatively, Tonio Trussardi, just for the cheap pop.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Pomp posted:

Same but only because the brow would have to raise so high, it lifts up his hat with it.

Edit: i bet Josuke would rock that poo poo tho

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

A Steampunk Gent posted:

WRRRYYYY-snail really makes it

smh that you missed the opportunity for gaWRYYYYYYYY

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Kind of sad that Gappy's the only part 8 representative, but it makes sense. Jojolion has some amazing fights but I'm not sure how most of the stands would play out in game form, either because we haven't seem much of them (most of the Higashikata family) or they're just too bizarre (breath tornado man).
Mostly I just want Jojolion to get its due because it's probably going to be my favourite arc if it keeps up this level of quality.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
At least he should have a more fleshed out moveset in EoH. He was basically the slip n slide guy in ASB.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why isn't PocoLoco playable?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

mabels big day posted:

He would win every fight

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

mabels big day posted:

It would be unfair to the other players

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Poco Loco mirror match, what happens?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

they both win obviously

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Re-reading diamond is unbreakable... it's so drat good... I'm reminded just why this is the best non-horse jojo part.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Silly question but

when did pucci wear a pilgrim hat

I feel like I'd remember something like that

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
That's not a ponytail.

what

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

Silly question but

when did pucci wear a pilgrim hat

I feel like I'd remember something like that

I could swear it was like once in a flashback but I'm doing some looking around now and coming up empty so I have absolutely no god drat idea

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Kishibe Rohan comic incoming
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-11-02/jojo-bizarre-adventure-araki-to-publish-episode-7-of-rohan-kishibe-manga/.94938

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Kishibe Rohan is Not Move

Great news though.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've not read the Rohan standalones yet, does Araki at all address the unfortunate events of Stone Ocean or are they just set in the time period between Part 4 and Part 6?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I've not read the Rohan standalones yet, does Araki at all address the unfortunate events of Stone Ocean or are they just set in the time period between Part 4 and Part 6?

The latter.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yay!!! I kinda had my fingers crossed for this with the time off jojolion.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

They're just random Rohan adventures. Like, in one instance he goes to a church, sits in the confessional, and some guy tells him a story about how he accidentally worked a bum to death so that guy's ghost came back from beyond the grave like something out of the Grudge.

The JJBA universe is really weird even without vampires and Stands.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The misadventures of Rohan Kishibe are amazing and you should really read them at your earliest convenience.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The misadventures of Rohan Kishibe are amazing and you should really read them at your earliest convenience.

They're incredibly good and I'm mad that I waited so long to get around to them.

HE FIGHTS A GOD drat OCTOPUS

Normally I know we don't care a ton about spoilers in here necessarily but that particular moment was just so... so.... I adore Poaching Reef.

If you haven't read that particular one before, here's a link, good Tonio Trussardi backstory. READ IT, STEAMPUNK GENT :allears:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dunno if the Louvre one was a special case, but i haven't kept up with them since i was hoping for more physical releases. are these Rohan oneshots shorter, like they'd need to compile multiple for a single release?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The Louvre one was definitely a special case, I don't really expect them to ever compile them/translate them widely. :(

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

A Steampunk Gent posted:

It's just Rohan going on wild misadventures, yeah.

dogsicle posted:

dunno if the Louvre one was a special case, but i haven't kept up with them since i was hoping for more physical releases. are these Rohan oneshots shorter, like they'd need to compile multiple for a single release?

The Louvre one was part of a series of comics set around the Louvre that was released by the museum so yeah, it's a special case.

The others are more like "Rohan encounters a random ghost yet again" or "Rohan commits a federal offense goes poaching with Tonio", stuff like that.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The panels where Rohan's like wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait... I'm a mangaka beloved by many and you're asking me to do something illegal?

that's why I like it

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Man, now I'm thinking about more of these one shots but with the villains and I'm making myself sad because they're never going to loving happen.

Dio getting used to the modern world.

Wham and Santana's Two Dads.

Kira's almost family sitcom life with the Kawajiri's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Kira at least gets a one shot, so there's that. It was pretty interesting and left on a cliffhanger, though.