Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You do realize Splatoon has exceeded Luigi's Mansion in lifetime sales, or will very soon.

On a console with almost half the install base in a period of less than six months rather than 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

greatn posted:

You do realize Splatoon has exceeded Luigi's Mansion in lifetime sales, or will very soon.
Too little too late, the NX is coming. How much fun will Splatoon be when there's no more online servers?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

raditts posted:

"Almost no one" is still way too much.

Lots o banner ADS today!

So when will Ganondorf the coolest dude amiibo get more uses Nintendo?
He should at least unlock himself in the new FE, or at least that terrible FExSMT.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

greatn posted:

On a console with almost half the install base in a period of less than six months rather than 15 years.

Reaped again. :smith:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I like splatoon enough that I will immediately buy the NX and whatever version 1.5 sequel they manage to crank out

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Wii U has fun games who cares

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Hello! I'm a 27 year old woman who plays video games!

Forums Poster The Lobster I am willing to be your player two

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Looper posted:

Looks like there a 3rd player in this fight for love. Who will win The Lobster's heart? Help Im Alive or Looper

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Taint Reaper posted:

How much fun will Splatoon be when there's no more online servers?

Wait, you mean there is more to this game than the single player and popping balloons? What have I been missing out on?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jarogue posted:

Looks like there a 3rd player in this fight for love. Who will win The Lobster's heart? Help Im Alive or Looper

i-it's fine I have naoto shirogane and hatsune miku

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Video games are cool. I'm gonna play some video games right now!!!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm 23 + looking for a nice woman that plays video games

E: and isn't a fan of eye contact

Same

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Sade posted:

Video games are cool. I'm gonna play some video games right now!!!

Yeah! gently caress yeah!!!!!

*flips over desk, lights office chair on fire*

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Quickly after booting the game though, I just felt an immense amount of sadness. I am here to tell the tale about why Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash is not a good game."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't know why he even bothered, Nintendo certainly didn't.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I took my Wii U out of my laptop bag at airport security and the guy asked me what it was. I told him "It's the newest Nintendo" and he replied "They still make those?"

Figures the TSA would be into taint reaping.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Looper posted:

So many lonely goons.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
By the way, I was in a local expo where a local branch of Nintendo were showcasing games. One of them was Xenoblade Chronicles X, where I got to give it a whirl. It certainly plays out like an offline version of a MMORPG. The frame rate is - to put it kindly - cinematic, but at least it's constant and not that important to the gameplay. Maybe I'll pick it up sometime. Just not at release.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rexroom posted:

By the way, I was in a local expo where a local branch of Nintendo were showcasing games. One of them was Xenoblade Chronicles X, where I got to give it a whirl. It certainly plays out like an offline version of a MMORPG. The frame rate is - to put it kindly - cinematic, but at least it's constant and not that important to the gameplay. Maybe I'll pick it up sometime. Just not at release.

I heard it actually needs like 10 gigs extra just to get it to run better? Too bad the system only has like 30 gigs or so of usable memory. Whatever the NX does, it really needs to have like 500 gigs of space. That Nintendo thought an 8gig WiiU was ok was one of the most embarrassing things they've ever done. I still can't believe that poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's a good point, I'm probably going to have to finally break out the external drive I bought for the WiiU like three years ago for the XCX texture pack or whatever.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The only recent games that are worth playing are Tales of Zestiria, Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest heroes, and Trails in the Sky SC. Anything else falls short and is not worthy.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

The only recent games that are worth playing are Tales of Zestiria, Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest heroes, and Trails in the Sky SC. Anything else falls short and is not worthy.

lol

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The king has returned to his throne

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MinibarMatchman posted:

That Nintendo thought an 8gig WiiU was ok was one of the most embarrassing things they've ever done. I still can't believe that poo poo.

I'm oddly okay with it, under the assumption that it is to keep cost low because anybody that is serious about digital gaming is going to upgrade the storage anyway. But everyone knows that is bullshit and the cost isn't any lower.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It's weird that you guys knowingly get taint reaped. It's like telling a kid he'll burn himself if he touches the stove but he does it anyway because ?????

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

noirstronaut posted:

It's weird that you guys knowingly get taint reaped. It's like telling a kid he'll burn himself if he touches the stove but he does it anyway because ?????

goon
ɡo͞on/
noun informal
1. a silly, foolish, or eccentric person.

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The Wii U taught me how to draw! Art Academy: Home Studio is pretty awesome! I'll always be grateful for that, Wii U!

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Zorblack posted:

The Wii U taught me how to draw! Art Academy: Home Studio is pretty awesome! I'll always be grateful for that, Wii U!

Really? I've been wanting to learn, I wasn't sure how well it worked.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I adore The Taint Reaper. There, I said it

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy

Watrick posted:

Really? I've been wanting to learn, I wasn't sure how well it worked.

You will not be disappointed. Actually, the only disappointment you will feel is the frustration of seeing fewer and fewer examples of the later lessons appear and instead watching countless terrible, terrible drawings cascade into the community art area.

It's like you'll see plenty of tomatoes (lesson 0), a precious few apples (lesson 1), and then basically no lilies, bonsai, strawberries, or eggs ever. I'm still working through the lessons nice and slow, and I am beyond shocked at what I am now capable of. It's not fantastic, but I started as close to zero as possible. I didn't even take art in high school.

Anyone on the fence should buy the game and actually do the lessons. You will learn real, applicable art skills. I actually bought some cheap colored pencils, and I'm thinking about getting a set of pastels. I didn't realize how strongly I felt about this until I started writing.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Not a Children posted:

I adore The Taint Reaper. There, I said it

I will never understand why the something awful threads have people actively worship their trolls and put them in the tread titles.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Is he a troll or does he actually always mean what he says

We may never see the true taint reaper behind his collection of anime

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
taint reaper is like those white kids from high school who come to school wearing long white beaters and baggy jeans and talk with a slang that's not from their demographic

we just don't know if he's serious or not

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

taint reaper is like those white kids from high school who come to school wearing long white beaters and baggy jeans and talk with a slang that's not from their demographic

sure, why not

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

noirstronaut posted:

Opinion may be divided on The Taint Reaper, but I think we can all agree wrt noirstronaut

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i have the best opinions on this boards

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Raserys posted:

Opinion may be divided on The Taint Reaper, but I think we can all agree wrt noirstronaut

He should not be allowed to use metaphors, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Every Eden needs a serpent.

• Locked thread