Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Kitten of the Sea

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That looks like a comfy pillow, what's it made of?

Oh.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'm in the middle of writing my final essay for my degree, and it's hard going. I'm struggling to get words onto the page, and my thoughts are all jumbled due to some severe insomnia.

I was trudging along to the postgrad computer room, feeling miserable, when I heard a meowing somewhere in the bushes. I was then graced by the presence of the Guv'nor! My mood immediately improved.

I didn't manage to get a good photo of him, because he was too busy gracing me with his presence to stand still, but here are the few that turned out well.

He's such a great addition to the campus. He's so friendly, and brightens up my day every time I see him.

https://www.alumni.auckland.ac.nz/en/news/news-2014/08/04/a-salute-to-gov-nor-grey.html

KracKiwi
Mar 29, 2002

:byodood: well excuse me, princess!
Haven't seen these critters posted in a while:

Japanese dwarf flying squirrel

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Wrecking Ball posted:

I am not trying to start anything, or judge your rabbit keeping skills here, but do they ever get sore feet standing on mesh wire? (Does not know anything about rabbit keeping)
Cute fluffy buns none the less!

I don't mind you asking. All the pictures are on the wire because that is the easiest place for me to take pictures. Half the cage is a solid floor with a balcony above the nest box and solid walls, and half is wire floor and wire walls. They spend about equal time on either half. If it is hotter they will spread out on the wire to cool off. If it is cold or rainy they will hang out on the solid side for shelter. If they get spooked they have safe places to hide on the enclosed side. Food and water were available on both sides originally to not force them on the wire. But now it is all on the wire side for my convenience. I have heard all the arguments about either way and I have decided that the half and half method works well for both cage cleanliness and rabbit comfort.

This is all on the left side of the cage. Solid floors and enclosed spaces for them to hide and nest. The door on the right is where the babies were born. It was full of hay yesterday, but the momma pushed all the hay out, so I cleaned it out. I added back some fresh hay after the photo session for them to lay on since the nights are getting a little cold.

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011
Oh neat! It didn't even occur to me that the wire area could make a good cooling off space. The little cave space looks cozy.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Kitten of the Sea

Mermanx

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
Oh come on. This cannot be real.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I forgot if we talked about this or no

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

cash crab posted:

I forgot if we talked about this or no

Well looks like my heart's exploded again

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I love how the other dog is still awake just like "it's a living" like a goddamn flinstones animal

Also does it make anyone else nervous when there are pictures and videos of dogs and seals or sea lions together?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Harbor Seals and Sea Lions, when they don't have pups nearby, are super-curious and chill.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Also does it make anyone else nervous when there are pictures and videos of dogs and seals or sea lions together?

Kinda, the grey seals we have around here have killed dogs/bitten humans on occasion but they are apparently more belligerent than most seals.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Just thought I'd post this because its one of the few cute ponys I can find:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Ozz81 posted:

Mermanx

Meerkat

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

Shetland ponies are pretty cute!

They're like the horse equivalent of Highland cattle.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Winklebottom posted:

Kinda, the grey seals we have around here have killed dogs/bitten humans on occasion but they are apparently more belligerent than most seals.

That rice is adorable as heck and I would like to eat it :3:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Near me we have harbor seals, sea lions and elephants seals... I do not trust them to not gently caress up my big dumb happy lab

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josef bugman posted:

Poo-brain.

Saffronica
Feb 10, 2009

Winklebottom posted:

Shetland ponies are pretty cute!

They're like the horse equivalent of Highland cattle.

Dexter cattle are like the cow equivalent of a Dachshund:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

:spooky:Happy Halloween!:spooky:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Josef bugman posted:

I need one of these.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're available from Monday.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Saffronica posted:

Dexter cattle are like the cow equivalent of a Dachshund:

Miniature cows. I didn't know I needed this.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

happy halloween, elephants!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tQqCdyflg

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
Elephant skin is so weird, it looks like a huge dog or something is wearing an elephant costume.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

goatface posted:

They're available from Monday.

Could you be more specific? Trying to find it via google is an uphill battle.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Halman posted:

They're from Kate Beaton's recent children's book (and related comics). Check her Twitter?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Halman posted:

Here you go, read and be enlightened: http://beatonna.tumblr.com/post/132095261540/oh-my-gosh-its-fat-pony

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

also, yay fat pony! :neckbeard:

a kitten has a new favorite as of 22:33 on Oct 31, 2015

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

a kitten posted:

also, yay fat pony! :neckbeard:

these are good catte gifs. I request more, please.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Oct 31, 2015

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Oh, on/after monday. I was looking a store named Monday. Thanks.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think I need one of those Fat Ponies. Gotta keep those wizards away.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
This thread has made me really, really hate that I'm allergic to cats.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Chexoid posted:

This thread has made me really, really hate that I'm allergic to cats.

Bald cats!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TsVL4Ib13A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

What is that beak made out of?!

• Locked thread