Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Maybe it's padded in the back and metal in the front because the last time she got hit there it really hurt, so she's doing all she can to prevent it from happening again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Guy's, the answer is really simple.

She just wanted to look more metal.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's Final Fantasy IX, she's probably from a race of people whose faces are part-metal.

Planning to do the first update of Disc 2 tomorrow. Also poo poo I'm loving thirty tomorrow what the gently caress.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Mega64 posted:

Planning to do the first update of Disc 2 tomorrow. Also poo poo I'm loving thirty tomorrow what the gently caress.

'Sup fellow soon turning thirty person! Hope you'll handle it better than I will.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Meh, there's a long amount of arbitrary age milestones between me and retirement and 11 since I was able to drink. Numbers mean nothing to me right now.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Mega64 posted:

It's Final Fantasy IX, she's probably from a race of people whose faces are part-metal.

Would it be appropriate to call you Mega30? Happy early birthday!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Mega64 posted:

Also poo poo I'm loving thirty tomorrow what the gently caress.

It doesn't get better.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Also poo poo I'm loving thirty tomorrow what the gently caress.

I'm older than that. Age is just a (mostly) meaningless number. Don't let it bother you. It ain't worth it.

Also, Happy Birthday!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Good lord, I had no idea so many people were in the Over 30 boat with me. We're a buncha old nerds, aren't we? We eagerly await your joining of the team, Mega.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
Hey now, Quina's 89 and doesn't let it get him/her down :v:

i'm gonna be 27 in february kill me

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

GunnerJ posted:

It doesn't get better.

Lies. I just made the leap of closer to 40 then 30 and life is still great and for the most part gets better.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Tbh I don't see how people who would be under 30 in space year 2016 could possibly be mature enough to understand a game like FFIX

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Squalitude posted:

Tbh I don't see how people who would be under 30 in space year 2016 could possibly be mature enough to understand a game like FFIX

I've been faking it until now.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Squalitude posted:

It's true, I'm only here for Garnet butt shots. I don't even know what this game is called.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kanfy posted:

It's true, I'm only here for Garnet butt shots. I don't even know what this game is called.

Garnet Butt Shot Simulator IX

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Garnet Butt Shot Simulator IX

The eleventh one already? Man, how have I missed such a long-running series until now?

Guess it must be pretty popular, but then those Germans have always been wizards when it comes to these niche simulator games.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Mega64 posted:

I've been faking it until now.

Eh, you're safe, you made it with two months to spare.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I don't understand or appreciate this game at all, I just play it at level 1.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Kanfy posted:

The eleventh one already? Man, how have I missed such a long-running series until now?
You babbies didn't even learn Roman numerals!

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I don't understand or appreciate this game at all, I just play it at level 1.

I want to frame this post. :golfclap:

Squarely Circle posted:

i'm gonna be 27 in february kill me

I turned 27 in July, get the gently caress off my lawn while I get the gently caress off Mega's.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Man, kids these days....

(35, brb dying of old age)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Wow, looks like I decided to catch up on this LP at a great spot! For some reason I thought this LP was much older and farther along, and so was afraid of having to marathon through like past half the game's worth of updates.

Good thing I decided to brave through eventually.

Anyway, I played the game more than a decade ago so I don't remember much except for one major twist (or 2, though they're closely related). As usually happens with RPGs I got towards the end, then was distracted by other games and if I bothered coming back I'd have no idea what was going on anymore and would have restarted, starting the cycle anew.

Grats on nearing 30! I'm almost there myself (just gotta wait a couple of months and a half or so).

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

You babbies didn't even learn Roman numerals!

Sorry, some of us were born after real numbers were invented. Just because you had to write with them back when you went to school doesn't mean the rest of us need to use dumb letters from a hundred years ago.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

GunnerJ posted:

It doesn't get better.

Sure it does. My car insurance premiums PLUMMETED after i hit 30.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Over 30 master race reporting in

...allthough it took me way too long to find out final fantasies were awesome

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Kanfy posted:

Sorry, some of us were born after real numbers were invented. Just because you had to write with them back when you went to school doesn't mean the rest of us need to use dumb letters from a hundred years ago.

We didn't write, we needed to engrave on stone tablets

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

To the best of my recollection, my first RPG video game was Adventure...

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

ultrafilter posted:

Man, kids these days....

(35, brb dying of old age)

36 here, I guess that makes me the local geriatric. I guess I should start waxing nostalgic about playing the original Final Fantasy when 8 and how you kids have it so easy with your intuitive interfaces and unlimited inventories. When I was your age we didn't have chocobos. We walked from Corneria to Melmond and liked it.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

I have fond memories of that game. Turns out they do not hold up well when I tried it again.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Xenocides posted:

36 here, I guess that makes me the local geriatric. I guess I should start waxing nostalgic about playing the original Final Fantasy when 8 and how you kids have it so easy with your intuitive interfaces and unlimited inventories. When I was your age we didn't have chocobos. We walked from Corneria to Melmond and liked it.

37, myself. Not too long until 38.

We didn't walk to Melmond right away. We had to walk around Corneria in circles for a while first so we could be strong enough to survive the trip.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

How quickly we forget about how Final Fantasy was an innovator, one that brought us such revolutionary changes as "character classes" and "multiple party members".

Didn't have those, back in my day. :corsair:

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
"We used to be lucky if we got three shades of gray, let alone any real colors!"

"We used to play for hours on a single screen game and think we were lucky, and we were!"

"3 lives and 3 continues, that's all we had!"

"Look!...look at this!...as I rock, my beard swings! Waste of frames in my opinion!"

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Back in my day, Luigi was merely a palette-swapped Mario, Tails was nothing more than a flying Sonic fanboy, and belts and zippers were strictly one-per-person!

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Kheldarn posted:

"You won't get the nugget up the stairs."

gently caress YOU AND YOUR loving GODDAMNED PIECE OF poo poo rear end NUGGET I DIDN'T WANT IT ANYWAY

gently caress YOU

edit to add: oh you meant atari adventure. I thought you meant ADVENT.EXE

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm only 23. But I'm still cool, right guys? :unsmith:

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Xenocides posted:

36 here, I guess that makes me the local geriatric. ... We walked from Corneria to Melmond and liked it.

idonotlikepeas posted:

37, myself. ... We didn't walk to Melmond right away. We had to walk around Corneria in circles for a while first so we could be strong enough to survive the trip.

Old-timers must be having a senior moment, you have to take the ship to Melmond. :smug:

It is cool to see all the 30+ goons here though! :respek::corsair:

As far as the actual LP goes, I remember liking Beatrix a lot (and she was my brother's favorite character hands-down). Just have a soft spot for the "awesome holy swordswoman" archetype, I guess; Agrias is still one of my favorite Final Fantasy characters. Having been exposed to other games in the intervening... uh... 13 years, I can't help thinking Beatrix would make a good Fire Emblem villain, heh.

Edit: v Yeah, seriously. Just to put this in perspective, both the guys I quoted are older than Auron....

Wayne fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 1, 2015

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This feels like a good time to say something about average JRPG character ages. :v:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Wayne posted:

Edit: v Yeah, seriously. Just to put this in perspective, both the guys I quoted are older than Auron....

Auron's kind of a weird case. Say we're older than Doctor Tot (whom we haven't forgotten)

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
33 myself. Wonder if anybody is older than 40?

That would be kinda neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mauman posted:

33 myself. Wonder if anybody is older than 40?

That would be kinda neat.

Yes

• Locked thread