Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Mizuti posted:

Come to think of it, a lot of the negative feedback you gave from the very early beta still applies today. :smith:

I wonder if Heart of Thorn's difficult navigation can or will be changed at this point.

do you have the movement masteries? once i got those, mixed with just learning the map verdent brink became a lot easier for me to go whereever. though i haven't run around much outside vb and ab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Your Computer posted:

My Dragonhunter thinks this is Final Fantasy

You made a Good Outfit.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe I'm about to say this but I actually miss doing the hearts, these new zones, while nice looking and I enjoy the verticality, they just feel to much like dry top/silverwastes, just bounce from event to event bag farming and I hated silverwastes, even if I'm not doing events I still get a bunch of trash loot I mean the loot was never very good in GW but holy poo poo its like extra bad lately.

Coupled with how the precursor journey which while I expected it to be grindy, I didn't expect to be so drat costly and I'm rapidly losing interest in HoT. :smith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

You made a Good Outfit.

Thanks! :3:

Alteisen posted:

I can't believe I'm about to say this but I actually miss doing the hearts, these new zones, while nice looking and I enjoy the verticality, they just feel to much like dry top/silverwastes, just bounce from event to event bag farming and I hated silverwastes, even if I'm not doing events I still get a bunch of trash loot I mean the loot was never very good in GW but holy poo poo its like extra bad lately.

Coupled with how the precursor journey which while I expected it to be grindy, I didn't expect to be so drat costly and I'm rapidly losing interest in HoT. :smith:

I'm with you. While I was never that into GW2's way of doing things (I'm very fond of traditional grind-and-collect-bear-asses type MMOs), the leveling and exploring was so much fun. I was hoping for more of that in the expansion, like you get with typical MMO expansions (increased level cap, new dungeons, new armors and weapons) but instead it's just some new elite specs (which are drat cool) and three new event maps a-la Silverwastes.

Then I thought "but hey, the Mastery system is kinda like leveling and gives a sense of progression" buuut then I remembered that the only way to gain Maguuma mastery is by doing the meta event chains over, and over, and over just like Silverwastes because that's the only way you get XP :smith: One of the things I was looking forward to the most was doing new dungeons and stuff to get new armors so I could play the real game which is pretty princess dressup simulator, but we got all of two new armor sets. At least the Revenant is incredibly fun, so for now I'm having fun just going around doing old content.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like the new zones and the danger too, but they do need more WPs and at least a few dedicated calm areas to take in the sights and :chillpill:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

ImPureAwesome posted:

do you have the movement masteries? once i got those, mixed with just learning the map verdent brink became a lot easier for me to go whereever. though i haven't run around much outside vb and ab

Yes. I've become better at navigating much of Verdant Brink, but caves and the canopies are still a hassle.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Is there a reliable way to get into the VB canopy without choppers? Kind of like a hub up there where you can updraft your way around.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Honestly, I couldn't be happier if I could play Guild Wars 2 and never have to worry about filling out another heart ever again. Hearts are traditional MMO quests with the goal numbers filed off while events are what really make the pickup-group combat shine, which is one of the other things I like about GW2. Obviously only having about one event chain per zone isn't great, but I think that the HoT zones have really improved on that, and I really like pretty much any point on the map having something going on in it at any given time.

Basically, there's not a single heart that I've finished and stuck around to keep doing what I was getting heart progress for, but there are plenty of events I jump at the opportunity to join when I see they've popped up near me.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Heavy Lobster posted:

Honestly, I couldn't be happier if I could play Guild Wars 2 and never have to worry about filling out another heart ever again. Hearts are traditional MMO quests with the goal numbers filed off while events are what really make the pickup-group combat shine, which is one of the other things I like about GW2. Obviously only having about one event chain per zone isn't great, but I think that the HoT zones have really improved on that, and I really like pretty much any point on the map having something going on in it at any given time.

Basically, there's not a single heart that I've finished and stuck around to keep doing what I was getting heart progress for, but there are plenty of events I jump at the opportunity to join when I see they've popped up near me.

If there were rewards I would throw water on drunks and feed the bunny spirit all day.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lookin good huntin dragons

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

lookin good huntin dragons

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
So I realized a problem, I don't really have many Tyria Mastery points. Is the only way to get them through achievements, or are there other ways of going about it? I'll need four more to fully fill out the precursor crafting track, but after that I'm not sure how I'll be able to scrounge together all that is needed for the others.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Azazell0 posted:

Is there a reliable way to get into the VB canopy without choppers? Kind of like a hub up there where you can updraft your way around.

You can updraft your way into the western canopy after climbing up to the vista on the airship in Broken Bluffs. I'm not sure how to get to the other canopy areas, especially from there.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Arthil posted:

So I realized a problem, I don't really have many Tyria Mastery points. Is the only way to get them through achievements, or are there other ways of going about it? I'll need four more to fully fill out the precursor crafting track, but after that I'm not sure how I'll be able to scrounge together all that is needed for the others.

I don't know if guides are even out for the Tyria points yet. Other than map completes I'm not even sure how you get them (and if you're doing precursor stuff you probably already map completed)

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
How is the guild vs guild stuff? I havent logged in in like 2 months.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

always be closing posted:

How is the guild vs guild stuff? I havent logged in in like 2 months.

What guild vs guild stuff?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm also dreading leveling the masteries since it already feels like they are taking ages for me and the most I have is level 3 on gliding. Maybe the meta event in Dragon's stand gives lots of exp?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

What guild vs guild stuff?

I thought part of the guild halls or the new WvW or something includd guild vs guild missions?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

always be closing posted:

I thought part of the guild halls or the new WvW or something includd guild vs guild missions?

There is an arena in the guild halls you can buy that lets you fight in there, but it's not a GvG game mode or anything. And the new WvW is a new/replacement borderlands map.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Tamayachi posted:

This is the little jump puzzle cave in the Wayfarer Foothills

Any idea why shadowed areas are now glowing beacons? This also randomly occurs in Vermintide and I have no idea what the cause is. As soon as I leave that cave the other parts of the map are normal.

theres a dev who is aware of it and probably fixing this

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

mind the walrus posted:

I don't know if guides are even out for the Tyria points yet. Other than map completes I'm not even sure how you get them (and if you're doing precursor stuff you probably already map completed)

There's icons on the achievement section of the hero panel with all the mastery points for Maguuma and Tyria. I'm pretty sure that shows the ones you have left to do, like the icon ror the ones you've gotten already disappear.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
If I've done world completion, does that mean I've unlocked all the Tyria mastery points?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
No, there are a bunch more points who are tied to achievements.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
And awesome achievements at that. Like "spend 1k gold to unlock cultural armor" or "get all fractal skins" awesome.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
I wasn't using a guide, and now that I've done it I need to ask: was there a better way to get the story journal achievement Leave It to Me (complete the teamwork trial without reviving any pact soldiers)? Because what I ended up doing was kiting the boss back to where you respawn and dying over and over and over and over again while I very slowly headbutt the boss to death.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Anyone have a reaper? If so how are they, been thinking about making a necro to try it out.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I wasn't using a guide, and now that I've done it I need to ask: was there a better way to get the story journal achievement Leave It to Me (complete the teamwork trial without reviving any pact soldiers)? Because what I ended up doing was kiting the boss back to where you respawn and dying over and over and over and over again while I very slowly headbutt the boss to death.

You could have done it with a group, I guess? I'm not sure if the other players would be turned into rabbits, but at least that'd be 5 times as many headbutts.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Rakeris posted:

Anyone have a reaper? If so how are they, been thinking about making a necro to try it out.

Pretty much universally loved, right now. I haven't yet heard a bad word against them, and in the world of MMO's, that's pretty much unheard of.

The same could be said for Dragonhunter and Chronomancer. Anet have really done a great job on some of these elite specs.

Kinger
Sep 30, 2003

I'm sick of my head doing things.

Rakeris posted:

They are pretty amazing. The greatsword attacks are all fairly slow but they all hit like a freaking truck. Especially Gravedigger - I've had it crit for over 30k during things like Tequatl burn phases. Meanwhile, Reaper's Shroud is a significant improvement over Death Shroud, since the autoattack is extremely fast, cleaves, and offers you great mobility.

I've been rolling with Spite, Death Magic, and Reaper traits - the "Rise!" shout gives enemies plenty of other targets to distract enemies while you pound the living snot out of them.

Highly recommended. It's a great enhancement to the base necromancer class.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Rakeris posted:

Pretty much feels like cheating. I'm sitting here reading all the complaints by people about hot stuff bring too hard while thinking "you mean you can't solo champ hps?". Also I just realized last night I was still wearing my pre order level 1 ring.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
unopened batwing brew prices are crashing pretty fast

i guess i should've sold the one i found several days ago, was hoping that the whales and special snowflakes will all rush for the bat shoulders and keep the price high

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

orcane posted:

And awesome achievements at that. Like "spend 1k gold to unlock cultural armor" or "get all fractal skins" awesome.

Haha, gently caress that.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Finally got Reaper fully specced. I originally tomed Necro to 80 before expansion, then yesterday I spent some hours doing hero challenges in Verdant (10), Auric (8) and Tangled (7). Couldn't do the last one in Verdant (South West corner of the map) because it was bugged and wouldn't give hero points despite completing it 4 times :argh:

And yes Reaper owns even without traits to support. As soon as I got GS unlocked I've been using nothing but that, Gravedigger hits like a truck.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Don't worry, getting all the cultural skins is only about 770g total, piece of cake

Rakeris posted:

Greatsword owns, 15k spammable critical lifesteal cleave owns, screaming zombies out of the ground owns, it owns

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
So I have no 80s yet, and I've been running around the Halloween event because the exp is really good. Should I open the bags I'm getting, or sell them (the Trick or Treat bags that is).

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

RottenK posted:

unopened batwing brew prices are crashing pretty fast

i guess i should've sold the one i found several days ago, was hoping that the whales and special snowflakes will all rush for the bat shoulders and keep the price high

They are going to go up again after the event. Also it's like 3k to craft those shoulders and most people would probably just buy another legendary instead.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Aesis posted:

Finally got Reaper fully specced. I originally tomed Necro to 80 before expansion, then yesterday I spent some hours doing hero challenges in Verdant (10), Auric (8) and Tangled (7). Couldn't do the last one in Verdant (South West corner of the map) because it was bugged and wouldn't give hero points despite completing it 4 times :argh:

And yes Reaper owns even without traits to support. As soon as I got GS unlocked I've been using nothing but that, Gravedigger hits like a truck.

It's not the hero point that's bugged, its that it got switched on the map with a different one and they forgot to switch where the completed icon appears. The one you are missing is the one you glide to and commune near faren's wp.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

AmericanGeeksta posted:

So I have no 80s yet, and I've been running around the Halloween event because the exp is really good. Should I open the bags I'm getting, or sell them (the Trick or Treat bags that is).

here is all the stuff you can get out of them:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trick-or-Treat_Bag

If you open a bunch you will mainly get the halloween food and crafting mats, along with a fair smattering of luck. The recipies, equipment and accessories are very rare, all of the stuff listed in other vary.
I've opened a lot of bags and got 2 of the minis and the bat pistol, never seen any recipies, accessories, or endless brews.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Your Computer posted:

One of the things I was looking forward to the most was doing new dungeons and stuff to get new armors so I could play the real game which is pretty princess dressup simulator, but we got all of two new armor sets.

Yeah, this was kind of crazy to me. I expected way more out of the weapon/armor sets for a full priced expansion. It felt kind of gross that they immediately had new sets in the cash shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The elite specs should have had full armor sets like the revenants got. That would have been awesome.

• Locked thread