Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

+.75, but according to the doctor at USAF I have literally no depth perception. How I managed to go through life without getting run over by a train despite this is a mystery.

They also told one of my friends that he was completely red-green colorblind, which was news to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

LostCosmonaut posted:

+.75, but according to the doctor at USAF I have literally no depth perception. How I managed to go through life without getting run over by a train despite this is a mystery.

They also told one of my friends that he was completely red-green colorblind, which was news to him.

I've got that too, my eyes are just a mess really

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Working on Halloween ftw

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
-1.25 over here. I can get along fine without glasses, but it makes seeing distant objects a lot easier.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Teflon Don posted:

Working on Halloween ftw

Working graveyard today and tomorrow.

I my luchador mask with me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Working graveyard today and tomorrow.

I my luchador mask with me.

Wear it and demand to be called La Flama Blanca

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've got lasik eyeballs. Life is good.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

-6.5. Both eyes are the same at least, so I don't have to pay attention to which contact lens goes in which eye. Gonna spring for lasik or PRK or whatever next year. For you guys with natural 20/20, if I want to read a book without contacts/glasses, I have to hold it about 2 inches in front of my nose. That's where it's clear. The positive for this is if I'm working on something with a lot of detail (small soldering joint, etc) I can see it really well by looking under my glasses like bifocals. The downside is loving everything else.

I double-purchased contacts when I got out of the AF on my last prescription, and I've been pretty conservative on wearing them so I've managed to not have to go to the optometrist since 2011. Still have a couple of pairs of lenses left. My prescription hasn't changed since about 1999, so I'm probably ok.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I remember reading sphere in like 7th grade that was p scary too

loving love that book.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I'm -8.5 & -9.5 :eyepop:

i literally cannot see the E on the eye chart, just looks like a fuzzy rectangle.

If I ever meet you, you'll be the first person I've ever known with worse vision than me.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 31, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

I've got natural perfect eyeballs. Life is good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Deathy McDeath posted:

-1.25 over here. I can get along fine without glasses, but it makes seeing distant objects a lot easier.

i'm right around there too

honestly i only wear my glasses when im at my computer

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Two Finger posted:

i might have to watch it all again now gently caress it's a sick film

recommend me more badass crime/antihero/whatever films

In addition to Heat watch Thief, it's like the spiritual godfather to Heat (and then by default Collateral)...James Caan plays a high-stakes jewel thief out to get his after he's double-crossed, Michael Mann's first feature film and it is excellent.

Also Manhunter, the best Hannibal Lecter film, also directed by Michael Mann.

City of God is quite good, Brazilian take on the gangster story

Miller's Crossing is one of the best (and most underrated) gangster films ever, Coen Brothers deliver yet again.

Is Dad Chat the appropriate thread to talk about Interstellar? Because I came across something kinda cool the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg5QMysuSYg

Screwing around on the organ is probably one of the favorite memories I have of being around my mom playing piano/organ, she used to play at a church that wasn't our home parish that was fancier and had an actual pipe organ...there's something amazing about being 8 years old and being able to generate that much sound just from pushing a couple buttons.

I was just disappointed he didn't pull out literally all the stops, because that would've been perfect to describe Zimmer's score.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

iyaayas01 posted:

In addition to Heat watch Thief, it's like the spiritual godfather to Heat (and then by default Collateral)...James Caan plays a high-stakes jewel thief out to get his after he's double-crossed, Michael Mann's first feature film and it is excellent.

Also Manhunter, the best Hannibal Lecter film, also directed by Michael Mann.

City of God is quite good, Brazilian take on the gangster story

Miller's Crossing is one of the best (and most underrated) gangster films ever, Coen Brothers deliver yet again.

Is Dad Chat the appropriate thread to talk about Interstellar? Because I came across something kinda cool the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg5QMysuSYg

Screwing around on the organ is probably one of the favorite memories I have of being around my mom playing piano/organ, she used to play at a church that wasn't our home parish that was fancier and had an actual pipe organ...there's something amazing about being 8 years old and being able to generate that much sound just from pushing a couple buttons.

I was just disappointed he didn't pull out literally all the stops, because that would've been perfect to describe Zimmer's score.

thanks for the suggestions i've heard thief mentioned before but haven't seen it.

manhunter is red dragon without all the hannibal worship right?

tell you one i loving loved was eastern promises but then i'd watch viggo in just about anything
he was loving awesome in history of violence too

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Can't believe I forgot Eastern Promises

and yeah, Manhunter is Red Dragon as an actual rational person would see the overall situation as opposed to massive over-acted Hannibal worship

Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EykztUgfp2U

(spoilers if you haven't seen it..not really from a plot perspective if you're familiar with the story, but it is the climax of the film)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i've not seen it yet so i'll get to that as part of the film i guess

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Two Finger posted:

i've not seen it yet so i'll get to that as part of the film i guess

In a gadda da vida as the perfectly timed soundtrack for a shootout is all you need to know.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Considering one of the biggest complaints about the 6s is that touch ID unlocks the phone "too quickly" to read lock screen notifications (seriously, if you wake the phone by pressing the home button it will unlock almost instantly -- I'm adjusting to waking the phone with the wake button if I want to check notifications), I think it's pretty drat reliable.

Do the same thing.

Also typically just unlock the phone and drag notifications down from the top, but yeah, the fingerprint id is super quick.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 31, 2015

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't realize Beasts of No Nation was on netflix. Awesome.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Finally threw all my uniforms in the garbage today. :feelsgood:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Finally threw all my uniforms in the garbage today. :feelsgood:

I wish I had kept my coveralls. Other than that all in the goddamn trash

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
i cant stop watching the bob ross twitch stream

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I'm -8.5 & -9.5 :eyepop:

i literally cannot see the E on the eye chart, just looks like a fuzzy rectangle.

GOD drat IT, I thought for sure I'd have the worst at -7.25 but here we go.

Sup I know the first 3 lines of the eye chart by memorization the shame that goes on when you can't read anything else buddy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

and that makes nz world champions for the second time in a row
no team's ever won the world cup back to back

gently caress yeah

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

I've got it on in the background while packing/throwing poo poo out. It's great.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

GOD drat IT, I thought for sure I'd have the worst at -7.25 but here we go.

Sup I know the first 3 lines of the eye chart by memorization the shame that goes on when you can't read anything else buddy

:eyepop::hf::eyepop:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What's proper reference letter etiquette? Do you guys draft it for them?

Is it best to somehow try to get a hand signature and then a copy or now that it's 2015 do people not care about that anymore

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
This is the asteroid that "narrowly" missed earth today.

2spooky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTgFtxHhCQ0

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

This is the asteroid that "narrowly" missed earth today.

2spooky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTgFtxHhCQ0

stay out of my territory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnHhAKIzpd0

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

:derp:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I remember that JAG episode

wehre the drunk thread at

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Couple rick and morty signs at college gameday.

ND SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT.

Glad to see the kids these days still have good taste.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I remember that JAG episode

wehre the drunk thread at

yeah i'm gonna need the drunk thread soon after watching the all blacks pound the wallabies into submission

gently caress yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Two Finger posted:

yeah i'm gonna need the drunk thread soon after watching the all blacks pound the wallabies into submission

gently caress yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:chloe:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Dude not "all blacks pound the wallabies" that's a racist stereotype

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

same

it's legit a really good idea for a show and bob ross owned hard

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If they streamed Bob Ross during CQ things would go by faster

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Dude not "all blacks pound the wallabies" that's a racist stereotype

Then I guess I'm racist because gently caress Australia

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Two Finger posted:

during the time i lived in australia, the coolest people i met were actually from new zeland

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

What's proper reference letter etiquette? Do you guys draft it for them?

Is it best to somehow try to get a hand signature and then a copy or now that it's 2015 do people not care about that anymore

Ask them if they'll write you a letter, at that point they'll either say yes, draft it for them, or gently caress off. Most of mine were written by the other person, but a couple have asked me to draft it for their signature. I prefer a wet signature personally, and I've usually asked for/drafted a letter for a specific purpose and a general one for possible future use.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Two Finger posted:

My neighbor from South Africa married this guy

Dude plays for Australia and, uh, he doesn't seem very happy on Facebook at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ded posted:

during the time i lived in australia, the coolest people i met were actually from new zeland

The good thing about when kiwis move to Australia is that it raises the average iq of both countries

• Locked thread