Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Just got a blue 2H sword for Witch Hunter that has +2 Stamina and stronger pushes as it's traits. I wonder if that could actually be decent thing. The two hander that isn't afraid to spot tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Blue flame sword with heal on kill and vent overcharge + blue fireball staff with heal and attack speed :getin:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Finally got a rapier. A green, but gently caress it, it has 9.5% chance on charge attack to heal 5.0% life. I'll take it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Killing rats is good. This game is good.
Skaven are good.

Elf bad.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Does completing missions give the bartender more sausages and he opens his door for some reason? What is the point of this tiny little room?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Krinkle posted:

Does completing missions give the bartender more sausages and he opens his door for some reason? What is the point of this tiny little room?

The resistance is expanding, man. I imagine there will be more rooms added (look downstairs) for other classes to come. It's story progression.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Someone mentioned a banner for doing all the missions in nightmare.

I want that banner.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

How do you join missions in progress on purpose? Goddamn it, one night, whenever I joined wizard's tower, it was on the last wave running up the stairs to the exit every goddamn time. I gained three levels in five minutes. It was insane. Now I can't NOT join the goddamn inn with one other guy there. Nope. Nope I fought my way to the exit only to wipe four times in the last two hours. I want a freebie. Bye inn elf. Bye.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Al Borland posted:

Killing rats is good. This game is good.
Skaven are good.

Elf bad.

Your fixation on elves is disturbing, are you secretly an elf?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Looking for those interested in working on nightmare difficulty campaign for completion this weekend. Tomorrow, I should be around in the afternoon (1 PM or later CST), and late evening-early morning starting around 9 PM after the kiddos stop trick or treating. Expect lots of rats, bring your own weapon.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Krinkle posted:

How do you join missions in progress on purpose? Goddamn it, one night, whenever I joined wizard's tower, it was on the last wave running up the stairs to the exit every goddamn time. I gained three levels in five minutes. It was insane. Now I can't NOT join the goddamn inn with one other guy there. Nope. Nope I fought my way to the exit only to wipe four times in the last two hours. I want a freebie. Bye inn elf. Bye.

Press L while in the inn for a server browser

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Krinkle posted:

Where do you think all that rat-man meat goes to? :btroll:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Did they hand out a bunch of blues to non-exploiters? I have way more than I thought I had collected.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Ulvirich posted:

Looking for those interested in working on nightmare difficulty campaign for completion this weekend. Tomorrow, I should be around in the afternoon (1 PM or later CST), and late evening-early morning starting around 9 PM after the kiddos stop trick or treating. Expect lots of rats, bring your own weapon.

I'll probably be online. Hit me up when you want to give it a shot.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

What's the best way to actually use the elf's bow for sustained dps, normal spam or quick charges? I like playing soldier but RNG is absolutely making GBS threads on me, so I figured I might try the class who's poo poo is burying me.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

A Lamer posted:

What's the best way to actually use the elf's bow for sustained dps, normal spam or quick charges? I like playing soldier but RNG is absolutely making GBS threads on me, so I figured I might try the class who's poo poo is burying me.

All the bows are bad except for the longbow, which is mediocre. I have to believe they did this on purpose to gently caress with everyone who picks the elf for the bows. She's an absolute monster in melee so just grab your dual swords and go wild.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

She's an absolute monster in melee so just grab your dual swords and go wild.

I'm going to second that, I've got a orange sword and dagger and I frequently am the top damage done by a wide margin. The longbow i use is just basically midrange utility for the most part and the 46 arrows means I can just fire them off willy-nilly.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I still say that the True shot bow isn't -that- bad, a bit hard to snipe specials in a horde but it's great to Wanted arrows around corners and over walls for auto headshots, plus doing tornadoes around the tank for extra damage. It is 100% a scrub cannon, but it let's me get back to being a blender again faster so that is nice

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I am so sick of finishing with 3/3 tomes, 1 or 2 grimories and both bonus dice but never rolling higher than green; mostly rolling white.

I have gotten 1 blue and it's a fuckin' 1 handed axe for the dorf.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

I am so sick of finishing with 3/3 tomes, 1 or 2 grimories and both bonus dice but never rolling higher than green; mostly rolling white.

I have gotten 1 blue and it's a fuckin' 1 handed axe for the dorf.

Are you playing on normal? It's very unlikely that you'll get a white with that kind of dice haul on hard.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Can I suggest a small addition to the OP? For the first day of playing I wasn't getting matched with any players. Thanks to Metos's post I opened the server browser and it showed one server, in South Africa. That reminded me that I keep my Steam download server set to Johannesburg so that when a huge Dota 2 or TF2 patch comes out I'm pulling from a server that's not getting slammed. Changed it to DC, restarted the game, and got several pages of servers in the US. :dohh:

So if there are any fellow idiots like me who can't find games, change your Steam download server to a place actually near you.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

All the bows are bad except for the longbow, which is mediocre. I have to believe they did this on purpose to gently caress with everyone who picks the elf for the bows. She's an absolute monster in melee so just grab your dual swords and go wild.

Yeah, I just got my first white long bow last night, and I love the thing. It's been a great help to the team to be able to take out some distant ratling gunners or stormvermin. Granted we're all mostly lower than level 15 rocking mostly whites, so I'm sure there are some nasty guns with penetration that make the long bow look like a child's toy.

I find myself liking the elf, as her speed is just right for me. Everyone else's melee attacks feel just a little too sluggish, save the WH with his rapier. Well I guess I can't really say everyone else, I haven't actually tried the BW or the Soldier yet.

Oh, and I actually didn't know about the dodge mechanic until another goon explained it. :doh: The game could have done a much better job communicating that. Granted, just circle strafing stuff has been working fine.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

FirstPlayer posted:

Can I suggest a small addition to the OP? For the first day of playing I wasn't getting matched with any players. Thanks to Metos's post I opened the server browser and it showed one server, in South Africa. That reminded me that I keep my Steam download server set to Johannesburg so that when a huge Dota 2 or TF2 patch comes out I'm pulling from a server that's not getting slammed. Changed it to DC, restarted the game, and got several pages of servers in the US. :dohh:

So if there are any fellow idiots like me who can't find games, change your Steam download server to a place actually near you.

Seconding this. I was having a similar problem in that it kept matching me to near where I used to live, not where I am now half way round the world. Turns out it uses your steam preferred download location as the base for searches not your actual location and I had not changed it since I got back as it usually doesn't really do anything.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Got a longbow with 15% increased attacke speed. It's like having a decent swiftbow. Yayyyyy

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone who thinks that the Elf's ranged weapons are bad is probably really bad at aiming ;)

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
They don't one shot specials so they are bad compared to handguns

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Stanley Pain posted:

Anyone who thinks that the Elf's ranged weapons are bad is probably really bad at aiming ;)

I mean honestly that's all I'm seeing too. Bunch of baddies admitting their badness and trying to blame it on the elf.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
The default bow seems alright? Plenty of ammo for chewing through trash while somewhat accurate with zoom-in for wearing down specials.

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum
So I was just shown a similar pathing bug on Horn of Magus. In the final room there are some support beams that run a bit off the floor next to the horn. All 4 of you can squat on those and the effect is the same as on black power: rats can't find you.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
or you could just play the game

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Horn is trivial if you hold the platform up the top, there's no need to cheese it down below

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

An Elf in their natural habitat

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Drakes posted:

The default bow seems alright? Plenty of ammo for chewing through trash while somewhat accurate with zoom-in for wearing down specials.

It doesn't one-shot clanrats on hard (unless you get a higher rarity one) and it's not armor-piercing which makes it really bad in general because it doesn't clean up mobs or kill specials.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Stanley Pain posted:

It's not bad but hard to compete when you're teammates have already blasted the special or stormvermin away with some godlike hand canon by time you let go a draw.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Ayn Randi posted:

Horn is trivial if you hold the platform up the top, there's no need to cheese it down below

I typically play Bright Wizard with the fireball staff so Horn is trivial as gently caress. 'Oh look, the skaven are climbing down the wall, how cute to have them all clustered together.'

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Elfs melee and ranged weapons are all good for dealing with hordes. Longbow gets penetration with a charged shot.

Social Dissonance
Nov 25, 2002

hey guys lets ride

Ayn Randi posted:

I would understand if people were looking for help on Wheat and Chaffe, but Horn is crazy simple. Things only get bad when people aren't watching flanks or if they don't have a solution for storm vermin.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Not having a solution for Storm Vermin is a good way to have a bad time on any map.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Musluk posted:

Someone mentioned a banner for doing all the missions in nightmare.

I want that banner.

My life is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Donnerberg posted:

My life is complete.

I see you don't have the cataclysm one. You are an embarrassment to your kin.

• Locked thread