Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
At point "death to fascist cops" sounds way more accurate then I'm comfortable with. :psypop:

EDIT: I'm not advocating for the death of police officers, by the by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Duke Igthorn posted:

Only two choices: horrifically beat or candy and hugs forever. Nope, no middle ground. ONLY those two.

You might be surprised how tenaciously some cling to assault as a parenting technique. I saw someone compare spanking to training a dog earlier this week.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Spite posted:

Fear is the mindkiller, therefore we should all just give in and retreat to our bunkers.

He means irrational fears like guns or catastrophic global climate change. Fearing that everybody with skin darker than yours wants to rob or murder you is totally rational and evidence based.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I feel like the best response to "Kids wouldn't get murdered/assaulted if they just respected the cops!" is to ask why Tamir Rice deserved to die.

If your friend/family member attempts to justify the murder of a 12-year old, sever.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Friday night Extremely Pissed Off Right Wingers!
Part I: Guns, Commies, and Clinton

note to self: check out AngryWhiteWomen facebook page

This was something about how Petraeus was railroaded out over one little mishandling of classified information over email (with his mistress, recall).
Who even cares about email amirite

Yawn Hillary

Wait I thought Shillary did Benghazi?

For someone with no experience Hillary sure got promoted to Dr. Evil quick!

Stupid women

We didn't beat the Communists over there, by any account. Not even Red Dawn world.

The red scare really did lasting damage to some of these people's psyche's didn't it

Might As Well Not Have Any Laws, Ever

mah guns

Won't someone think of the poor GUNS??

People kill people

People who really want to kill people kill people (and claim it's about the second amendment)

Again with the why didn't Obama do this thing I hate sooner? Why didn't he call for regulations on PTSD veterans being dumbasses with guns?

Do you like this, or do I shoot you?

Responsible. Gun. Owners.

gently caress you people. Carrying actively destroys civil society by making people in public spaces fear you, but you're butthurt someone might call you paranoid?

Can't decide between a "he's not wearing a helmet" joke or a "you sure are hypocrites re: militarization" joke. I guess "you sure are hypocrites" is always the joke.

Nazis

93% of all statistics are made up. At least pick a plausible number.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Defenestration posted:

Responsible. Gun. Owners.
I kinda want to cross-reference this with the Good Guy With A Gun line, and highlight how "well" it works when there's more than one GGWAG. And also yeah, "Kill everything" does not paint a picture of responsible and law-abiding citizens.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Defenestration posted:

People kill people

We've mentioned it a lot before, but usually their skullz, snakez n' gunz logo is at least hidden a little. Here it's all up in your face.
"Only people with an insatiable urge to kill would use a gun to shoot you. By the way, I own a ton of guns. And here is my skull logo."

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

You've gotta hand it to the right wing. They waited until Clinton was in office for a little while, they waited until Obama was sworn in...Now they've started demanding impeachment before the primaries.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I didn't think this man could take the full 10 inches of cop dick, but he just did:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I didn't think this man could take the full 10 inches of cop dick, but he just did:

It was about a 100 students in a high school of over 2,000 and they were out of class for all of 10 minutes before returning.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
Apparently these kids staging a walkout and disrupting several classes at once is fine, but one girl checking her phone requires a match in the octagon. Makes sense.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Wait, a cop was called because a girl checked her phone? What, did they decide someone might think it was a bomb?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Defenestration posted:

gently caress you people. Carrying actively destroys civil society by making people in public spaces fear you, but you're butthurt someone might call you paranoid?

I imagine Clint Smith would be carrying concealed unless he was on his compoundranch.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

And there's the Freudian slip.

quote:

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO VIOLENCE

quote:

This one wins. It is absolutely precious :allears:

Right wing macro makers flew too close to the sun this update.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

SSNeoman posted:

Just imagining a stream of Good Guys With a Gun running into an active shooting, killing everyone, then being shot by the next one into infinity.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Wait, a cop was called because a girl checked her phone? What, did they decide someone might think it was a bomb?

As I heard the story she refused to move when asked and then continued to do so, so they called the security guy.

I'm not justifying it in anyway shape or form, if she refused to move you just let her know the consequences and wait it out. Just it was more than "opens phone, powerbomb".

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, it was a security guy. For some reason I thought they called the police over this.

Still really crazy how he treated her.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

%5 of the student body still seems enormous given that they're staging the walkout in support of a man who flipped a student over while she was in her desk and then drug her across the room.

I mean, what the gently caress? :psyduck:

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Oh, it was a security guy. For some reason I thought they called the police over this.

Still really crazy how he treated her.

I understood that he was the school resource officer: a sworn cop who was attached to the school to handle crimes, like active shooters or drug deals. Frankly, it's a failure on the teacher's part and the school's part as well for calling a cop on what was essentially a disciplinary issue.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

%5 of the student body still seems enormous given that they're staging the walkout in support of a man who flipped a student over while she was in her desk and then drug her across the room.

I mean, what the gently caress? :psyduck:

I think the train of thought can really stop at "5% of the student body left their classes".

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

RagnarokAngel posted:

As I heard the story she refused to move when asked and then continued to do so, so they called the security guy.

I'm not justifying it in anyway shape or form, if she refused to move you just let her know the consequences and wait it out. Just it was more than "opens phone, powerbomb".

The story from other students is that she checked her phone and put it away. The teacher saw her check and wanted her to give the phone to him and she said no and is escalated from there.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

It wouldn't matter if she had literally flipped the bird to her teachers and was smoking a cigarette. There's very little that she could have done to have justified a response like that from a law enforcement official.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tenebrais posted:

I think the train of thought can really stop at "5% of the student body left their classes".

I remember a staged walkout when I was in highschool over some stupid perceived injustice. The cause was completely irrelevant, it was an excuse to leave class and participate in cargo cult social action.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Hahaha, because high school students won't take any opportunity to not go to class. I remember when a bunch of us "walked out" to protest any potential involvement of Canada in Iraq and then we just went to my friends place to get high and play video games.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
When my High School did a walkout for something, it was basically the entire school.

5% means that 95% of students would rather be in class than support the cause.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nathilus posted:

I both agree and understand the feeling, but it is irrelevant. Whether or not mcveigh was a plant or whatever, and we both know he wasn't, doesn't change the tragedy of the deaths he caused.
I thought the standard OKC apologia wasn't that he was a plant, but that it was justifiable retribution for Waco and Ruby Ridge, and any federal government worker who didn't quit in disgust immediately after they murdered over 20 children was a legitimate target.

That kinda falls apart when 19 of the OKC victims were children, but then again whenever the Good Guys blow up a foreign building that turns out to contain children it normally turns into victim blaming that they shouldn't be using children as 'human shields' inside whatever they've decided is a legitimate target today.

In conclusion: bombing occupied buildings is bad.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I normally look down at people who look down on walk-outs, but yeah 10 mins is anemic as gently caress.

I never had walk-outs at my high school, but I did remember us having a shitton of different causes and charities encouraged by the teachers. I was a real poo poo about it, but even today I was annoyed by it because it felt so staged. People would use it as some kind of weird popularity contest, who would make the nicest posters, who would talk the loudest about whatever cause du jour and so on. Come the next week, all the posters were taken down, the money was collected and everyone completely forgot about it all. I'm talking total mindwipe, like someone took a deneuralizer from MiB to them.
That was what really got me. There was no follow-up. Nobody asked where the money went or who did it help. We didn't get so much as a post-it note with "thx guz" on it. The cycle of dial-a-good-cause, beg for teenagers for money (or encourage other teenagers to get others to pony-up), send it away and then forget it really soured me on charities. Of course, I was a shithead teenager so it didn't take much to sour me on something.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
EPORW part II

Posted together without comment

A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not.

John Wayne

It is the soldier that shot the student protestors at Kent State, tortured Iraqis at Abu Ghraib, and massacred Vietnamese and Mai Lai

People got woke :shrug:

:qq:

I have a soft spot in my heart for stock photos with the watermark still on

Yeah! Obama doesn't cry like that pussy Ob---wait

It's ok to waste government money on drug tests as long as I get to feel superior to welfare recipients and their greedy children

Posting Yuengling

Oh hey you're admitting Bush existed.

Obama hates america.

Hell yeah, look at those fascist narcs. Choom gang 4 lyfe

OK: they're all poo poo Republicans made up to discredit him. What do I win? A conversation with you? eh.

My head didn't explode but I think I'm stupider for having looked at this

This one though :psyboom:

Whereas republicans want to give my retirement to bank executives and phase out social security because gently caress young people.

Leave Bob Ross out of this :mad:

I feel like I say something like that every week...

When in doubt, Mel Gibson

OHSHI terrorist network in Boston! :supaburn:
Taking this to the Boston thread

Clump of cells

Instead of a funny joke, I say Chuck Norris

But global warming is definitely fake you guys

~ Deeply Honorable Man Ronald Reagan

Rioting and looting

:tinfoil:
Man, a Kardashian farts these days and it gets immediate national news coverage. I don't think that's a good test.

As if you gave a single poo poo about Apache land before you could call a rino out on it

Afghanistan Santa

Common Core opponents: yes, learn as much as you can. Thanks.

yep that sure is your definition.

He bought the girl a doll. But they still have to represent him like a scary mugshot black guy threatening a little white girl

Someone who cares about comic books can probably elaborate better on why this is wrong=

God bless The Donald

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Who are all these people going around forcing people to apologize for being straight?

When does it even come up? Are they just mad that the polite response to someone of the same gender hitting on you is "sorry, I'm straight" and not beating them into a coma?

Is this for or against mismating shots?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Defenestration posted:

God bless The Donald

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I will stab a fucker for bringing Bob Ross into this

Don't you besmirch that nice man with your horseshit :mad:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Why would you do this? That seems like a good waste of bacon.

Yes, loving Florida, Kentucky and Missouri are states that should be emulated. Right.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

SSNeoman posted:

Why would you do this? That seems like a good waste of bacon.

And unsanitary.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Maybe you poke holes in the can, wrap it in meat, pop the top, and grill it? Some kind of burger+bacon variation on beer brats?

It still seems dumb as poo poo but that's the only thing I can think of :shrug:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Defenestration posted:

:tinfoil:
Man, a Kardashian farts these days and it gets immediate national news coverage. I don't think that's a good test.

So, 9/11 was a false flag? I mean, nobody brought me the bodies of any 9/11 victims so they must not be allowed to be seen, and there were some pretty strong federal government actions and emotions over it.

quote:

Someone who cares about comic books can probably elaborate better on why this is wrong=

The current Captain America is a black man who is taking the controversial stance that lynching Latinos is wrong, and Steve Rogers's political views are more or less "New Deal Democrat" so I don't think he'd agree that American patriots need to stand up and stop feeding poor people.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

*spits on graves* get up and parent! get up and beat your daughter!!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

I agree, the cop's parents should've raised him better. :colbert:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Defenestration posted:

The event "Civil War" more or less kicked off with Captain America saying he wouldn't participate in the capture of superhumans who refused to register with the government.

But it ended with him telling his resistance to lay down arms because they weren't solving any problems they had by just fighting in the streets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I know that poo poo like this has been discussed before, but I don't remember how long ago and can't find it. Anybody point me to a good set of points as to why this is bullshit?