Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Spirit is used to carrying trash teams with no synergy or communication and he learned mandarin really quickly and was the shot caller in under one split.

I think TSM is very likely to pick up Freeze or Forgiven tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

mushi posted:

also looking forward to another year of monte/thorin smugness since Monte called SKT to win the whole thing and the Chinese teams got smashed.

Monte should really go all out and just be like "god I'm so tired of being right all the time" and somehow take his troll game to the next level. He's kind of earned it. I remember him saying "yeah the korean exodus will probably have a short term impact but give the Korean teams time to settle and they'll go back to dominating because of their coaching/support staff." before the season even started.

He already did that in S3. The SKT1 T1 hype train and conductor hat, train whistle was his response to everyone giving him poo poo behind the scenes so he decided to go full heel.

A Moose posted:

quoting this until a korean team loses to any one else in semi finals

Do you think the 2 best teams didn't end up in finals? Yeah it wasn't that close but if you remember season 2 the finals were a pretty convincing stomp for TPA as well. It's not just league and not just e-sports, electric evenly matched championship games/series are pretty rare, though you might be forgiven if you're like 20 and grew up watching the NFL and then stopped watching it like 2 years ago.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
What happened to the NFL two years ago?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Well last year IIRC was close but there's been some absolute utter shitstomp trainwrecks (Broncos/Seahawks) and until the 2000-2010ish era blowouts were pretty common.

The point is that memorable finals are more the exception than the rule since it's pretty hard even with seeding to make sure the 2 best teams meet in it, and then there's going to be a high probability one is just going to be flat out better than the other

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's more that the nfl has a one game final so you also have upsets more often (the two worst super bowl qualifying giants teams beating superior patriots teams twice, the 01 patriots beating a superior rams team, etc). if you had 3-5 games series you'd end up with high seed teams matched which would be much more even.

you'd see the same thing happen if every video game competition just did one game series throughout as well as happens in the nfl.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

To some degree it's why the first round of groups was so loving goofy because teams only played a bunch of one of's

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
All I know about football is that the Patriots team which went undefeated (and I presume were really good) lost on a lucky catch which was pretty funny

Though to be fair if SKT lost to OG in a Bo1 finals to a random Xpeke backdoor or something like that I would be raging hard

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Regarding Forgiven, I don't think TSM will bank on the 2016 ADC meta being Lucian and Graves, so TSM Freeze it is. At least he can play more than 2 champions.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Redmark posted:

All I know about football is that the Patriots team which went undefeated (and I presume were really good) lost on a lucky catch which was pretty funny

Though to be fair if SKT lost to OG in a Bo1 finals to a random Xpeke backdoor or something like that I would be raging hard

now you know how i felt watching that game.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Final was a lot better than it could have been.

Highlight of Worlds was definitely the Chinese teams getting smoked and groups in general.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
http://clgaming.net/news/733

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hope you're all ready for tsm doublelift!!!!!!!!!!

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Lovechop posted:

hope you're all ready for tsm doublelift!!!!!!!!!!

oh baby

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
"We finally made it to Worlds!" --> FIRE EVERYBODY

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdKT_gn9Szc

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

:laffo:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
seeing double in a tsm jacket is a total mindfuck

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

God drat the NA LCS is going to be a loving wasteland.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

NOooooooooooooooooooooooo lol

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

wonder how quickly regi put an end to the ADC tryouts once he found out CLG kicked doublelift

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
:eyepop:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that acting.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm seriously trying to think of even a single team in the 2016 NA LCS that might be even mildly surprising or interesting to watch, but right now it's looking like:
  • C9 has mostly disintegrated and doesn't seem to have shown any improvement from S4.
  • CLG just dumped two of their core members and their coach under the most vague circumstances possible after making GBS threads the bed in Worlds.
  • TSM's lost what's probably NA's most reliable top laner, and I assume Wildturtle is getting sent to the trashcan if Doublelift was headhunted by them. They're probably fishing around for someone - anyone - to replace Lustboy right now.
  • Every other team haplessly flailed against a bunch of now-disintegrating teams last season.
Some of the new arrivals might surprise - there's always a chance of seeing another LMQ - but right now it's not looking even vaguely watchable.

fnox
May 19, 2013

poach Impact and Adrian, import a korean jungler, and you're done TSM.

alternatively get Aphromoo if he's also getting the boot, which I HIGHLY doubt.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

fnox posted:

poach Impact and Adrian, import a korean jungler, and you're done TSM.

Pretty sure TSM Adrian is like 90% confirmed at this point. So they have 2 import slots open for jungler/top, should be a good team.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

:whitewater:

na is bad

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Holy poo poo

edit:

Vermain posted:

I assume Wildturtle is getting sent to the trashcan if Doublelift was headhunted by them
In the link provided in the video's description they state WildTurtle is now in the substitute roster

Zanael fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 1, 2015

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Apparently winning NA LCS sends you straight into the dumpster. Who knew?

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Jesus - if they get Impact and even a replacement-level jungle it'll be an absurd team.

I am going to have a hell of a time figuring out who to cheer for though. :(

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011
I bet CLG is moving Aphro to ADC right now.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

wodin posted:

Jesus - if they get Impact and even a replacement-level jungle it'll be an absurd team.

I am going to have a hell of a time figuring out who to cheer for though. :(

Get Rush.

Maybe Adrian.

Buy out Flame.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Allaniis posted:

I bet CLG is moving Aphro to ADC right now.

Why would you think that?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Win one season to give fans false hope.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Really though the CLG jersey into the trash bin was uh, full NA let's say. Or maybe full CN. Let's have a loving blood feud.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this was all part of clg's faustian pact to actually win something for once in their lives

fnox
May 19, 2013

M. Night Skymall posted:

Pretty sure TSM Adrian is like 90% confirmed at this point. So they have 2 import slots open for jungler/top, should be a good team.

that'd be fantastic because those two can be imports. China may potentially sell off some currently underperforming players who might just want to head over to NA to qualify for World 2016 easily (disregarding the current NA Korean imports that moved in for that very reason, because lets face it, playing for TSM is your absolute best chance to go to worlds while in NA).

I cannot for the life of me see what CLG is going to do now that they're seemingly kicking their best players.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRX6LXDpWs

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y-UkryMXcI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

IM SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I WANT TO GET OFF REGI'S WILD RIDE

• Locked thread