Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

McSpanky posted:

Detective Lance already knew Oliver was the Arrow from the final events of last season, but otherwise this is spot-on. Somebody next week better acknowledge that Lance's weak heart clearly isn't a problem anymore, if ever. (Or, next week's cold open is him surrounded by EMTs performing CPR.)

I think Laurel was just using it as an excuse to not tell him stufff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Yeah, I mean he's cleared to work a high stress job so his heart was probably ok Laurel was just using it as an excuse not to come to terms with Sarah's death, which given she made a souless feral husk of her sisters corpse, still is an issue.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I really liked that moment when Mr. Terrific told Felicity she was wrong and should listen to Roy's last message. Something very subtle about his delivery.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Anyone think the grave is Oliver's? Maybe Dark does something during the campaign that forces him to fake his death, thereby killing any chance of the city being restored.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Mooseontheloose posted:

I really liked that moment when Mr. Terrific told Felicity she was wrong and should listen to Roy's last message. Something very subtle about his delivery.

Its really odd seeing the same actor play an rear end in a top hat on You're the Worst, very jarring, but funny!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Azubah posted:

Anyone think the grave is Oliver's? Maybe Dark does something during the campaign that forces him to fake his death, thereby killing any chance of the city being restored.

That would be a very acceptable outcome, but I seriously doubt that's the case.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

hi liter posted:

Its really odd seeing the same actor play an rear end in a top hat on You're the Worst, very jarring, but funny!

Heh, I just marathon got caught up on that show yesterday and I had the same reaction after seeing him be so goofy/nice on Arrow.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This episode was fantastic, this season has been great. They got to do their dorky darkly serious this city this city poo poo but still included a lot of really fun stuff as well. Burning the Lance torch so soon just raised the chance of him being in that grave like 4000% though.

Only negative is that Felicity's lipstick looked especially run-down-Miami-stripper-ish for some reason.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

kater posted:

Only negative is that Felicity's lipstick looked especially run-down-Miami-stripper-ish for some reason.

It was a gift from her mom

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Constantine episode is apparently the most important episode of the season for Arrow

Looks like it's going to be jam-packed with a bunch of cool stuff.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Oh god so hype for Constantine!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Error 404 posted:

Oh god so hype for Constantine!

And you should be

https://twitter.com/AngelicaCelaya/status/660866835357634561

:allears:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

This season has been absolutely fantastic so far and I'm really looking forward to the rest / LoT premiere.

I do have one slight nag from this season and the previous one though-- I've always had a bit of a problem with laurel being so proficient and skilled fighting-wise so quickly. I understand she trained with the boxer fellow, but that alone wouldn't make her into a crime fighting badass. It's much easier to reconcile Thea's quick progress due to Malcolm training her, since he's a crazy assassin fucker. Maybe I'm just being weird, but it's like Laurel went from getting bullied easily on the street to her destroying league of assassin guys in no time.

e- Also, I'm new to the Arrow thread, so if this is rehashing some old conversation, don't poo poo on me too hard.

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Nov 2, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember back in season 1, she had chops already. she just has a typical female TV thing of getting knocked the gently caress out a lot.

She got better and learned to take a hit.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
She also trained with Nyssa for a while.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, there weren't many progress check-ins on the actual show, but it was implied that Laurel trained with Nyssa for a couple of months, on top of her earlier self-defense training and her time with Wildcat. A lot of her early stumbles came from trying to replicate Sara's fighting style, and she got a lot better when she switched from the staff to the nightsticks.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It seems the Constantine episode has leaked so watch for spoilers.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah, there weren't many progress check-ins on the actual show, but it was implied that Laurel trained with Nyssa for a couple of months, on top of her earlier self-defense training and her time with Wildcat. A lot of her early stumbles came from trying to replicate Sara's fighting style, and she got a lot better when she switched from the staff to the nightsticks.

Lol, I just remembered Wildcat getting his rear end kicked by some mob boss. No wonder Laurel sucked back then.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Oh poo poo, Wildcat is in the grave, and Ollie's going to take revenge on whichever random villain-of-the-week manages to kill him.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
Actually, the entire graveyard is full of Ollie's friends and family. The grave he was standing over was for Barry, who didn't last long once that scene ended.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

ShakeZula posted:

Oh poo poo, Wildcat is in the grave, and Ollie's going to take revenge on whichever random villain-of-the-week manages to kill him.

He's used his audience has no idea if he's alive or not powers to come back as Schroedinger's Wildcat.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
My favorite part of the new Arrow Cave is the two racks of automatic weapons unsecured right next to the front door COME ON IN EVERYONE!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It seems the Constantine episode has leaked so watch for spoilers.

It has. Generalities and vague praise: Some of the best Dahrhkh lines of the season, Constantine's awesome with all the women of Team Arrow around, the new Arrow Cave looks great with magic symbols painted on it, and looks like we're ready for TINY RAY very soon. A great episode in an already great season.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Duke Chin posted:

My favorite part of the new Arrow Cave is the two racks of automatic weapons unsecured right next to the front door COME ON IN EVERYONE!

Oliver doesn't have much experience designing secret bases - he would have played heaps of video games during his pre-island life though, maybe he just assumed it was a standard design feature of lairs that there should be a cache of weapons to restock at the beginning of a lair?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

Lol, I just remembered Wildcat getting his rear end kicked by some mob boss. No wonder Laurel sucked back then.

To be fair, that mob boss took a bullet to the head and kept on trucking. Also Wildcat hosed him up pretty good before he got owned.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Leospeare posted:

Actually, the entire graveyard is full of Ollie's friends and family. The grave he was standing over was for Barry, who didn't last long once that scene ended.

The only possible ending for his metahuman murder rampage is meta-suicide.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1VKd9rNVlw

:allears:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I know it's mostly just PR, but every time I hear Matt Ryan saying anything all I can think is "you got a raw deal, hope you get good work from hereon out."

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The season finale of The Flash will be the metahumans inside the STAR Labs prison somehow gaining access to a lawyer, suing The Flash for denying them their due process, and The Flash losing his superhero license and becoming a vigilante like Oliver.

y'all can call me "Vibe" :smug:

Slow News Day fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 3, 2015

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Whoa. Just found out John Badham directed "Haunted". I guess he had directed an episode of Constantine.

If you don't know who that is, he directed WarGames among other things. What's with Arrow getting directors like Lexi Alexander and Badham all of a sudden?

For those of you who have already watched the episode: God drat, for a seemingly small island in the middle of nowhere, it seems like everyone has been there at one time or another. It's a bit ridiculous. Edit: Oh so later on they try to explain it, but it's kinda ham-handed.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 3, 2015

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Longbaugh01 posted:

Whoa. Just found out John Badham directed "Haunted". I guess he had directed an episode of Constantine.

If you don't know who that is, he directed WarGames among other things. What's with Arrow getting directors like Lexi Bell and Badham all of a sudden?

Lexi Alexander. Although I'd be very intrigued to see what Lexi Belle would do with an episode of Arrow!

Lots of movie directors are directing TV now. I just noticed that Marc Webb, director of Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2, directed the series premieres of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend AND Limitless this season.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Lexi Alexander. Although I'd be very intrigued to see what Lexi Belle would do with an episode of Arrow!

Boy, that may be the worst typo I've ever made here.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lexi Alexander has talked about how she literally can't get any work directing movies anymore and so she had to move to television or just quit entirely.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm mad they wasted the opportunity to call the new secret hideout "The Quiver"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's his nickname for Felicity.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Lexi Alexander has talked about how she literally can't get any work directing movies anymore and so she had to move to television or just quit entirely.

Which is absolute unfair bullshit.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
New episode was alright, I guess.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Which is absolute unfair bullshit.

Yeah, someone sent me a link to a video where she was on some youtube show about a year ago talking about that kind of stuff and it was amazing. She's fantastic. I wish I could remember the video and I'd link it.

EDIT: Well that was easier than I thought. Watch this interview. Lexi is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtekSEivC0

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 3, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Yeah, someone sent me a link to a video where she was on some youtube show about a year ago talking about that kind of stuff and it was amazing. She's fantastic. I wish I could remember the video and I'd link it.

EDIT: Well that was easier than I thought. Watch this interview. Lexi is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtekSEivC0

Yeah, this was linked in CD a while back. She's awesome. I hope she thrives in tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, this was linked in CD a while back. She's awesome. I hope she thrives in tv.

Maybe she could direct a future Netflix Punisher spin-off. Seems only fitting.

• Locked thread