Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.
Wow. Been a CLG fan since shortly after DL rejoined (and actually around the time I got into League). I think I'm ready to cheer for a different team. Unless you're a big Hotshot fan for some reason, there's actually no 'CLG' left to cheer for. While I wouldn't mind seeing Zion or Aphro on TSM, I doubt that it was only CLG management that wanted to see DL go so who knows what the working relationship would be like. DL's not known for being the easiest person to work with. There are rumors of Zion trying out for the TSM top lane position but it makes more sense for them to go for a more proven top laner and pick up an NA support to avoid communication issues (though I'm not on board with Adrian).

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
As a CLG fan my dream situation is that Aphro goes to C9 and Zion joins TSM so hotshot literally has no team and is forced to sell his LCS spot and leave the scene forever. gently caress that guy.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Gonna miss doublelift on CLG but maybe he can have some more consistent success on TSM

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I want a refund for my clg icon

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

CODChimera posted:

Well Dyrus didn't end up saying poo poo after he retired.

Actually he did you just assumed he was going to say something about regi but actually he was pissed at you the fan for being a little fucker.

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.

exethan posted:

Gonna miss doublelift on CLG but maybe he can have some more consistent success on TSM

Considering DL and bjerg were the only ones who actually showed up at Worlds for CLG and TSM, respectively, I think this is a step in the right direction for his career. I don't think Aphro would be terrible on TSM, but in so many years, he's only managed to show up for playoffs once. It might actually be better for DL if he has a fresh start with a new support.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I like in the vid when double lift is living in garbage because it reminded me of the actual TSM legend, the "strong fighter and top lane innovator" who was well known as the best streamer around, the guy who was like qtpie but in shape and with better taste in music and regular teeth instead of racist Chinese cartoon teeth, you know I'm talking about the actual play maker whom faker stole his nickname from... I'm talking The Rain Man baby.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Doublelift going to TSM is like when Johnny Damon went to the Yankees, goddamn

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Work Friend Keven posted:

I like in the vid when double lift is living in garbage because it reminded me of the actual TSM legend, the "strong fighter and top lane innovator" who was well known as the best streamer around, the guy who was like qtpie but in shape and with better taste in music and regular teeth instead of racist Chinese cartoon teeth, you know I'm talking about the actual play maker whom faker stole his nickname from... I'm talking The Rain Man baby.

i like how perfect his name was for him

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

I thought this was the most exciting worlds ever what happened to change that??

This is going back awhile, but I totally agree with you. They were all pretty good games, even three where SKT played the early game horribly then almost came back.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

i like how perfect his name was for him

i couldnt believe a guy took that as a screen name then i watched his stream and it was all clear

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Wait I thought all this TSM doublelift stuff was a joke. This is for REAL? lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
oh it's real baby.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

my brother is having an existential crisis atm.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
So the skins SKT want are apparently Renekton, Elise, Ryze (with bushy hair), Kalista and Alistar

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i can dig it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

im literally spinning irl now

TORIEL420GOATMOM is gonna go on the backburner for now, I need a new meme summoner name which I will eventually pay off

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Savage Cracker posted:

So the skins SKT want are apparently Renekton, Elise, Ryze (with bushy hair), Kalista and Alistar

They should give Easyhoon a skin too. Come on Riot.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Libertine posted:

They should give Easyhoon a skin too. Come on Riot.

Yeah I'm really hoping for an Azir skin or something for the Hoon too

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

They don't make championship skins for noobs

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

The Hoon is the only player at Worlds with a 100% winrate

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

nomadologique posted:

This is really the best part it. One of the most polarizing players in the history of the region swapping from one of the oldest rival teams to the other (with both teams being the most notorious at stirring up poo poo with each other) in a really dramatic fashion.

Schiavona posted:

This is a perfect analogy IMO. Hats off. Doublelift throwing the CLG jersey in the trash was like Damon shaving the beard.

rabidsquid posted:

Easyhoon would look you dead in the face with an expressionless stare and bludgeon you to death for 35 minutes with Karthus Qs for that comment.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I would get trivially 1v1'd by Avalon

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

nomadologique posted:

http://gfycat.com/SharpInstructiveGreathornedowl

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

So CLG having a lot of money seem like a front runner to sign Freeze, but they're also a poorly run team of Herbs so you have to figure they'll just run Stixxay out there. If CLG doesn't sign Freeze the best fit is Renegades which would be great but do you think he'd be okay with signing with a totally unknown team?

Maybe he loves quaaludes and will hang out with crumbzzzzzzz

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Schiavona posted:

wade boggs to the yankees.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Groovelord Neato posted:

wade boggs to the yankees.

Babe Ruth to the yankees :getin:

I just hope this isn't a jacoby to the yankees situation

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

broccoli top ryze lmao

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

At first I wondered why there's only Bjergsen in the video, but then I realized that he's the only player to actually survive Worlds. Is Loco still there?

I always liked WT and I'm sad to see him leave, but his play has been supreme poo poo lately. I also like DL and I'm happy to see him leave CLG, because now I can laugh at them with no restraint. Sorry Aphro

That Loulex rumour is hilarious, he seems to be the worst part of a mediocre team (not that TSM isn't a mediocre team) and they could get loving Azingy or something and be better off. He has at least a pocket Zac for S6, when Riot somehow decides to nerf every competetive jungler besides Gragas (you know its going to happen). I mean, sure, Spirit or Kakao or any jungler of middling competence is out of TSMs league, but Loulex? Prove me wrong TSM, because right now it looks like the NA LCS will be a toxic wasteland of shittyness next season

Also, I don't understand any of your transfer comparisions to sports nobody cares about, so I'll say Luis Figo to Real Madrid. Hopefully including parts of dead animals.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

There is almost no way TSM imports Loulex for next split

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I think Gravity can make a pretty good run against any of the behemoths, and depending on who C9 take I think they'd work well.

I mean c9 can still bring in rush and have Hai on support, with support being a bit of a wasteland at the moment. I have no idea who TSM will bring in, but they have the best support structure out of the teams in general, so I think they'll find themselves in a good spot no matter what.

Edit: also, it should be noted that DL is thought to have said via blog or something that the team was told something at the start of week 2 of worlds, which threw them all off their game. And Reddit, being masters of hindsight, also caught that in a mic check or something, DL stated (before the Pain game) "For my last game with you guys..."

Best guesses is that DL was informed by the coaching staff before that week, that he was going to be cut next season, which threw the entire team out the window. Thus the coach screwed up letting that knowledge out, and the team didn't make it past groups.

Calax fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 1, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Lol making a decision like that during Worlds is really loving dumb. That said it's hardly the only or even the biggest reason they failed to make it out of groups.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Obviously they're going to import xmithie

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The simplest answer is that HotShot wanted to play Huhi in week two of worlds, the coach and DL vehemently disagreed or outright refused, and here we are today.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
If that really is the case I don't understand why guys like HSGG and reginald go looking for coaches if they're going to disagree with their choices and overrule them

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
http://oddshot.tv/shot/tsm-doublelift-20151101172948383

already a master tsm teammate blamer

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

rabidsquid posted:

There is almost no way TSM imports Loulex for next split

You say that, but they just picked up an old, bad, dumb rear end in a top hat at ADC. Regi is going full retard this split.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That was an impressively bad hot take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.

K8.0 posted:

You say that, but they just picked up an old, bad, dumb rear end in a top hat at ADC. Regi is going full retard this split.

For a team owner looking to leave open import slots on his team, Doublelift is a wet dream come true. Aside from Sneaky, no other ADC in the NA LCS even came close to his performance this past split. Regi is one of my least favorite people in the scene, but I can't deny that he is very talented at maintaining his brand and a consistently top team in his region. Maybe you could give him some tips though.

• Locked thread