Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Yep I am p4 which means the likelihood that somebody who shot me is scum is high

I'm not sure that's how this works.

Also why is this in Let's Play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Kashuno I'm not quite understanding your logic

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

the JJ posted:

I'm not sure that's how this works.

Also why is this in Let's Play?

Because I put it in the wrong room by mistake after not moderating Mafia for a long time, and I don't want to trouble a mod. I will if you think I should.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Hey, I'm glad you goofed up. I wouldn't have found this otherwise.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Jedit posted:

Because I put it in the wrong room by mistake after not moderating Mafia for a long time, and I don't want to trouble a mod. I will if you think I should.

I mean I'm reading it now and trying to wrap my head around the rules. I don't give a poo poo. I'm just wondering if you guys wanted people commenting or whatever.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

WilliamAnderson posted:

Well awesome. I didn't shoot you, which means I'm pretty likely to be town.

And if we lynch you and you flip alpha scum anyway, then the probability that Kashuno is dead won't be very high at all :v:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Christ this is going to be weird once beta scumkills become a possibility.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
When going over the Kashuno situation, one particular quirk of the rules suggests a plan of action.

We had a ton of people nightkill Kashuno. Kashuno is now very likely to be town, since scum can't target other scum for nightkills. Lynching Kashuno doesn't necessarily look like the best plan of action, at first.

But if we do get rid of Kashuno, what happens?

quote:

When a character is voted off, any game state in which they would have been killed earlier is eliminated. In particular this means that as soon as someone that player X has attacked is voted off, player X can no longer have been the dominant werewolf on the night they made the attack.

If we lynch Kashuno, one of four things will happen.

• If Kashuno is town: Everybody that targeted Kashuno will no longer have any probability of being the alpha scum. They can still be the beta scum, but their chance of being scum will drop significantly, and people who didn't nightkill Kashuno will have their scumchance go up.
  • If Kashuno is the cop: Congratulations, idiots, we lynched the cop. Kashuno's investigation results to date will all become true. This means I will be confirmed town, up until someone offs me. Kashuno's night 0 investigation will also be true, and might give us a scum lead.
  • If Kashuno is Alpha Scum: :toot: Unfortunately, imgay will instantly die, and will flip town. The beta scum will also still be on the loose. Anyone who got a town result on investigating Kashuno will no longer be the cop.
  • If Kashuno is Beta Scum: :toot: And imgay might not die in this scenario.

There are probably other surefire effects if this happens, but I can't think of them right now. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's a case to lynch Kashuno, sorta. Of course, though, we can't just go on lynching people to gently caress with the probabilities forever, but what else can we do?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

the JJ posted:

I mean I'm reading it now and trying to wrap my head around the rules. I don't give a poo poo. I'm just wondering if you guys wanted people commenting or whatever.

Mod Hat: Please don't comment, it may cause people to think you're playing. Feel free to watch and give your thoughts when the game is over, though.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Anyway, what I was thinking is we lynch one of my targets. Then if I get absolutely NKed and I flip Cop, we lynch the other one. Sound reasonable enough?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
We lynch someone who shot me imo

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

I don't see any overlap between my idea and yours. However, I believe there's one person who hasn't explained themselves yet. Who knows, maybe Meinberg shot you too.

##vote Meinberg

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rather Watch Them posted:

I don't see any overlap between my idea and yours. However, I believe there's one person who hasn't explained themselves yet. Who knows, maybe Meinberg shot you too.

##vote Meinberg

Meinburg did say he would be away this weekend.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dammit guys I wanted to shoot Kashuno too but the mod didn't let me because he switched around my things too.

Why can't I join in the fun? :(

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

I did not remember that. :doh:

##Unvote

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Who wants to nolynch?

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

What's our deadline? Guys, I'm so exhausted right now I can't even.

Can we please try to follow one of my leads?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Meinberg (1): garthoneeye, Rather Watch Them, Rather Watch Them
Cathulhu (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (10): AnonymousNarcotics, Carbon dioxide, Cathulhu, HiipFire, imgay, Kashuno, Meinberg, Pittsburgh Lambic, Rather Watch Them, WilliamAnderson

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 01st, 2015 at 10:25 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 11 hours, 54 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Halloween was cool and fun.

##vote nolynch

This is the day to no lynch when we've already got clear people to investigate. Players who targeted me last night likely have scum amongst them, so we should examine them

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I agree, if only because nobody seems to have anything sensible to add to the discussion at this point.

##vote nolynch

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
##vote nolynch

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

##vote nolynch

Yeah, Halloween happened.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
gently caress Sunday deadlines argh

I investigated Kashuno and got not evil and shot Narc.

I'll be back on my machine right around deadline, but I'll try to post some more if needed on the way home,

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

##vote nolynch

I'm okay with this.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
Since my last vote apparently seem to take.

##vote nolynch

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I still think no lynch is a bad idea. Unfortunately in this game we need to kill people to make the game move on.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Everyone should investigate players who shot me, come back with results tomorrow, and we can go from there

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
In the spirit of the season:

##vote nolynch

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye Lynch No One!!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Nobody has been lynched today. Reminder that future No Lynches will result in a random lynch.

It is now Night 2. Please submit your investigation and NK targets within 24 hours.

For preference, can you please put your investigation first. That's the order of the columns in the moderation software and it will help ensure there are no more accidents. Thanks.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (11): AnonymousNarcotics, Carbon dioxide, Cathulhu, garthoneeye, HiipFire, imgay, Kashuno, Meinberg, Pittsburgh Lambic, Rather Watch Them, WilliamAnderson

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 04th, 2015 at 11:45 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Rather Watch Them isn't scum. Do we have an updated table of probabilities?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

we investigated the same person lol

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Imgay isn't scum.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Day 3 has begun

code:
           Good Evil Dead Lock
Player  1:  86%  13%   0%  85%
Player  2:  81%  18%   5%  70%
Player  3:  77%  22%  27%  68%
Player  4:  93%   6%  76%  82%
Player  5: 100%   0% 100% 100% (Ghostwoods)
Player  6:  74%  25%   6%  71%
Player  7:  83%  16%  29%  73%
Player  8:  82%  17%  18%  72%
Player  9:  86%  13%   8%  77%
Player 10:  75%  24%   0%  66%
Player 11:  72%  27%   0%  61%
Player 12:  86%  13%  26%  71%

Remaining universes: 315
A few people seem a bit at sea. If a majority of players wish it, I will provide a small hint towards something you should be thinking about. Issue a ##hint command if you want this, ##nohint if you would rather work it out for yourself. You have until 24 hours before deadline to decide.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

I also got this result. Kash, what result did you get?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
not scum.

hints are for bitches.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
no people who claimed to shoot me flipped scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote cathulhu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

garthoneeye ain't scum.

• Locked thread