Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
Good thing about Goodsprings as a tutorial location is that you can just gtfo if you don't wanna deal with it.

Unlike some other games...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Lotish posted:

Borde is seemingly "edgy' or "rude."

I'm going to guess that it's 'bored' which would be awesome.

HATE EXPOSITION

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Hey should I even bother playing through New Vegas again? I never finished the courier expansion, and I never saw any of the other DLCs after that first one.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Protons posted:

Hey should I even bother playing through New Vegas again? I never finished the courier expansion, and I never saw any of the other DLCs after that first one.

I wouldn't because it might burn you out on RPGs just prior to the game coming out

also New Vegas didn't age very well as a video game

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Protons posted:

You'll certainly not finish in time for F4

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Speedball posted:

Tried booting up New Vegas again. ... Didn't click. Maybe I've played so much New Vegas I'm still burnt out on it, maybe I keep forgetting how drat boring Goodsprings is compared to everything else.

There's very little keeping you in Goodsprings.

Just walk away.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Police Automaton posted:

There's very little keeping you in Goodsprings.

Just walk away.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
I'm currently playing through New Vegas and I'm quite enjoying it...

That said, I'm an inveterate min/maxer and I find sneaking past deathclaws to get to Freeside to play slots with luck 9 before I've gotten a single level so I can buy an intelligence upgrade to boost my intelligence to ten so I don't miss out on a single skill point fun so ymmv.

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

Kinda surprised at all the people getting huffy about the lighting. Bethesda are a bunch of screw-ups, but I don't think you can accuse them of talking up their graphical fidelity very much. The vast bulk of their PR has always been about the game's vast open-world/emergent gameplay, crafting system, and voiced protagonist. Also, yeah, it's on loving consoles. We do live in a world where a zombie survival shooter mod of a six year old game was a smash hit and a there's whole cottage industry of games centered around retro graphics.

Fun is fun, and I'm going probably going to have a blast crafting a trash-cannon that shoots flaming billiard balls -- and you will too, OR ELSE.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
New Vegas gave me some of the best lever action based fun next to Red Dead :colbert:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I would personally recommend not playing the best game in the Fallout series.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

2house2fly posted:

I would personally recommend not playing the best game in the Fallout series.

what do you have against Fallout2?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Real hurthling! posted:

what do you have against Fallout2?

I think he was referring to The Best Fallout game actually, which is Fallout New Vegas.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

E.Y.E. has the best hacking minigame

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I visited /r/fo4 on reddit.

Holy poo poo.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Keg posted:

Holy poo poo.

No, just regular poo poo

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Keg posted:

Holy poo poo.

Now visit the Neogaf thread.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Daztek posted:

Now visit the Neogaf thread.

It's no better or worse than this, they just post a lot more.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Now visit NMA :unsmigghh:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

E.Y.E. has the best hacking minigame

If the protagonist of 4 turns out to be an android like everyone and their mother predicted then I'll be very angry if doors can't hack you back.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol neogaf

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

now someone check luelinks lol

Mr. Fortitude posted:

If the protagonist of 4 turns out to be an android like everyone and their mother predicted then I'll be very angry if doors can't hack you back.

If I'm actually an android and I can't gain brouzouf I'm gonna be mad

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wolfsheim posted:

recommending this if anyone wants to see the real bitter tears

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wolfsheim posted:

Man their boycott of FO3 sure did change the direction of the series!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They all bought it and you know it.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Welp, finished my costume literally minutes before leaving for a halloween party, but the time I spent working on the laser rifle paid off - I won most creative and was 1 vote off from best overall. Won a bottle of Bourbon County Rare, which is an overpriced $60 craft beer normally only available on Black Friday in Chicago. Not exactly worth it, but yay gloating rights.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Pretty sure everything for the past 10-20 pages in this thread was lifted straight from Reddit. Like this, for instance:

Subject to change without notice, of course.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

modern_warfare_2_boycott.tga

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

Geoff Zahn posted:

Welp, finished my costume literally minutes before leaving for a halloween party, but the time I spent working on the laser rifle paid off - I won most creative and was 1 vote off from best overall. Won a bottle of Bourbon County Rare, which is an overpriced $60 craft beer normally only available on Black Friday in Chicago. Not exactly worth it, but yay gloating rights.

sweet costume man

and to the above there is essentially 0 chance of paid mods happening again, and even if they went that way it would be pointless seeing as theyd be reuploaded to nexus in no time

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Shugojin posted:

They all bought it and you know it.

Yeah I don't have that screenshot of 90% of the "Boycott FO3" steam group playing it, but it dwells within my heart.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

Went to check, it pretty reserved and reasonable compared to this thread. :v:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Pretty sure everything for the past 10-20 pages in this thread was lifted straight from Reddit. Like this, for instance:

Subject to change without notice, of course.
that could be superseded by a contract with bethesda and is more to stop random people selling their mods without going through them

Rockybar posted:

and to the above there is essentially 0 chance of paid mods happening again, and even if they went that way it would be pointless seeing as theyd be reuploaded to nexus in no time
eh, a fair amount of the feedback during that was that paid mods after the community was established was a bad idea. doing it a few months after release when the modding kit arrives is a different story, and they have to have that bethesda.net client for a reason

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Geoff Zahn posted:

Nice laser rifle man, whatever you did to paint it worked

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Rockybar posted:

If there's just one reference to fnv I'll be happy knowing Bethesda doesn't completely despise obsidian for making a far better game than they ever could.

Morrowind > New Vegas

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Rockybar posted:

If there's just one reference to fnv I'll be happy knowing Bethesda doesn't completely despise obsidian for making a far better game than they ever could.

I think this is likely, even if the reference is a small one.

One of the leaked screenshots displays the date as 10.23.2287, which is after New Vegas.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

More perks yo

Strength 10: Pain Train - Choo! Choo! All Aboard! When wearing power armor, sprint towards enemies to deal damage and knock them off their feet (robots and legendary enemies immune)

Perception 7: Refractor - You are like a mirror, +10 resistance to energy

Intelligence 9: Nuclear Physicist - You've learned to divide the atom... and dominate it. Do 50% more radiation damage and 25% longer duration from fusion cells

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I hope the Nuclear perk offers some unique dialogue that you're sorry you ever built some of the bombs that likely blew up the world.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

frajaq posted:

More perks yo

Strength 10: Pain Train - Choo! Choo! All Aboard! When wearing power armor, sprint towards enemies to deal damage and knock them off their feet (robots and legendary enemies immune)

Perception 7: Refractor - You are like a mirror, +10 resistance to energy

Intelligence 9: Nuclear Physicist - You've learned to divide the atom... and dominate it. Do 50% more radiation damage and 25% longer duration from fusion cells

Radiation damage. Did I miss any info on there being different damage types?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Meridian posted:

Radiation damage. Did I miss any info on there being different damage types?

IIRC there's physical/energy/radiation damages. This I remember from the power armor customization screens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

frajaq posted:

IIRC there's physical/energy/radiation damages. This I remember from the power armor customization screens

Now that you mention it that sounds familiar. Right on.

Hope dude drops some info on how stealth is. I'm not expecting that it's been refined that much, but you never know.

• Locked thread