Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How long is the path split that starts in Chapter 1? Do you always get sent to Zeiss in Chapter 2, no matter what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Until the end of chapter 3. Yes, and chapter 3 is the same location too.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

And then you are forced to have Schera for 4 and Agate for 5.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

edit: stupid doublepost

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I'd stopped paying attention a while ago, but hey, apparently SC came out a few days ago. Nice.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I don't suppose anyone has any numbers for how strong artes and crafts actually are, do they?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Someone explain fishing to me because I got the rod and the tutorial fishing spot but lost all 5 casts. Hitting A when the mark appears above Estelle's head just instantly made me lose the fish, and not hitting it just had nothing happen for like 30 seconds until I hit A and lost the fish anyway. Am I just supposed to be waiting a lot longer, or something?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I hit it before the bubble finishes forming and it never fails.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I've been hitting right as the "!" starts above her head. The timing is a bit wonky.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Is there any word on the European release date of SC for PSP? I still can't find the game on PSN

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ahaha (chapter 5) of course cassius knows the loving dragon, why wouldn't he

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Okay, cool, just as long as missing that BP doesn't prevent me from getting other quests later on, I can live with it. Thanks. :)

Missing bonus BP will never lock you out of quests later. You just miss out on the top tier bracer rewards if you miss a lot of BP.

If you get the minimal amount of BP you get rewarded with one of the best cutscenes ever.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Cake Attack posted:

ahaha (chapter 5) of course cassius knows the loving dragon, why wouldn't he

I love how even the cast is just like "sweet Aidios, how and why" before just kind of sighing in resignation

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Is there a list of the carnelia book locations in tits fc?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Chapter 5 makin me misty eyed about Agate what is even happening.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Zaggitz posted:

So at that point

from that point on, don't expect to be clear-eyed until after the credits roll, tbqfh

animatorZed posted:

I'd stopped paying attention a while ago, but hey, apparently SC came out a few days ago. Nice.

Indeedy

A little part of me is wondering if I should've made a separate thread for SC, to "advertise" it better and get word out that it's out

A little late now, but

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Chapter 5 was so epic

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Goddammit, my workweek started today and I'm still stuck in Chapter 4 and you guys are NOT. HELPING.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

SpaceDrake posted:

So at that point

from that point on, don't expect to be clear-eyed until after the credits roll, tbqfh

Indeedy

A little part of me is wondering if I should've made a separate thread for SC, to "advertise" it better and get word out that it's out

A little late now, but

Just looking at steam I see a lot of people playing FC currently, so I wouldn't be surprised if the sales for SC started picking in a week or two.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I've got a Vita, would I be able to play both FC and SC?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Where the heck is the Tratt plains monster #2? I gave up before and finished the chapter and got to chapter 3, but I want to clean up the rest of the quests before I move on, but still can't find the stupid thing anywhere.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

goldjas posted:

Where the heck is the Tratt plains monster #2? I gave up before and finished the chapter and got to chapter 3, but I want to clean up the rest of the quests before I move on, but still can't find the stupid thing anywhere.

Just off the edge of the fork on the way to Perzel Farm.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

bug report: im on the glorious in chapter 6 and for some reason the game will just stop letting me move sometimes, making me reload an autosave

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The game wants you to take a break, cake attack

please don't die

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hahahahaha Agateforcing the Dragon to pay for their services.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Just off the edge of the fork on the way to Perzel Farm.

What? Perzel Farm isn't even on the same area of the continent as Tratt Plains Road. I haven't even been there yet in SC.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

goldjas posted:

What? Perzel Farm isn't even on the same area of the continent as Tratt Plains Road.

Oh poo poo, I thought you meant Milch Main Road. Which monster is Tratt Plains #2?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Name of the monster is Ya-Kah according to the quest.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

goldjas posted:

Okay, yeah, the giant mosquito. I remember it being way way off the beaten path on the west side of the first screen from Zeiss.

Might be the second screen.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

goldjas posted:

It's near the entrance to Elmo.

Chapter 3: There is nooooo way this precocious, clingy little twerp with alleged "missing" so-called "parents" is legit, is there.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Ok found the dumb thing, thanks. Was way easier to kill then it was to find.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I'm the intro to the miniboss BGM.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
it's on the screen just before elmo village iirc, towards the western edge of the map in the south

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i beat chapter 6

:unsmith:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

i beat chapter 6

:unsmith:

Did that bug persist? I'm starting chap 6 now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hivac posted:

The game wants you to take a break, cake attack

please don't die

Not even emptyquoting a little bit.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Did that bug persist? I'm starting chap 6 now.

Yes but it's easily avoidable. There are barricades in the dungeon that rise up to block your path. But sometimes the animation doesn't play and you get stuck. Just don't approach them since you don't have to

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Not even emptyquoting a little bit.

I'm using cheat engine to 2x battles so it's okay. I've been forced to go to a movie with friends so I'm taking a break for now

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
how does one 2x battles? the speed of the game is the only thing that i actively dislike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

I'm using cheat engine to 2x battles so it's okay. I've been forced to go to a movie with friends so I'm taking a break for now

If this is legit, that explains A LOT.

I was wondering how you were powering through the game so goddamn fast.