Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It has 1/256 chance of summoning Chiang Kai-Shek, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
And what are his stats

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cardboard Box A posted:

In that case what is the meaning then?

She's like 30 and he's like 60 right? So not quite.

if he had a kid at 15 and his kid had a kid at 15, it's possible.

it's more likely to happen in Huckabee's garbage family though

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Y’all have it backwards on the sword of Chang.

Jeb!’s decline and Rubio’s ascent came after the sword changed hands. Whatever its precise effects are, they’re clearly positive.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Platystemon posted:

Y’all have it backwards on the sword of Chang.

Jeb!’s decline and Rubio’s ascent came after the sword changed hands. Whatever its precise effects are, they’re clearly positive.

+3 to Charisma

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I hope Jeb! accidentally calls a debate moderator "mom" before he drops out.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Likely an endurance debuff as well, which will manifest differently based on roll. Jeb! suffered from a loss of energy, Marco gained Perpetual Thirst

It's definitely a device for forcing a character into a benefactor/shill role, because while it comes with the lifetime -10 CHA it does give highest favor to elite social circles, and a saving throw against things that would damage your reputation with them.

It's especially fun to give to a brutish oaf archetype and then sit back to see how things pan out

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I know this derail is horribly nerdy, but if we've learned one thing this campaign it's that Jeb! is a goony nerd, though less of a traditional one than, say, Newt Gingrich.

I wish we had Jeb around last time when there were those great On The Campaign Trail gifs of the Republicans playing D&D.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Patter Song posted:

I know this derail is horribly nerdy, but if we've learned one thing this campaign it's that Jeb! is a goony nerd, though less of a traditional one than, say, Newt Gingrich.

I wish we had Jeb around last time when there were those great On The Campaign Trail gifs of the Republicans playing D&D.

We will all long for the sweet, heady days of this derail the next time a mass shooting comes up and TFR invades

We are living in the good days my friends, let us drink it in for a moment and enjoy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chokes McGee posted:

If Donald Trump is the one to finally end John Cena's reign of terror then he has my vote forever

cena lost his belt last week to alberto del rio who is now being managed by zeb colter in order to unify the US and mexico into mexamerica

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/11/01/bush_i_love_my_dad_id_kill_for_him_id_go_to_prison_for_him.html

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
President Jeb: "How dare someone insult the honor of my father! Their whole world will burn in nuclear fire!"

:effort:

"...as soon as... uhm... I can m-muster the energy..."

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
son... i need you to murder marco rubio

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Patter Song posted:

Well we already had an election-themed Magic: The Gathering thread. How about an election-themed D&D character sheets thread? Something like this classic Onion image:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

iJeb! taking notes from the wildly successful Carson campaign it seems

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

We will all long for the sweet, heady days of this derail the next time a mass shooting comes up and TFR invades

We are living in the good days my friends, let us drink it in for a moment and enjoy

Jeb is bringing this thread Hope and Chang.

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011

Deep Hurting posted:

Well we already had an election-themed Magic: The Gathering thread. How about an election-themed D&D character sheets thread? Something like this classic Onion image:

It's going to be D2 themed, friend!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Patter Song posted:

I particularly like how Jeb! is more passionate about his fantasy football team than he is about running for President.

Wasn't 20% of his talking time in the last debate just about his fantasy football team?

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Trump is so much inside his head it is insane. He's a very weak person to allow his thoughts to be modified that much by Trump. He's also weak for a lot of other reasons too. For those reasons I really hope he wins the GOP nomination.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Mitt Romney posted:

Trump is so much inside his head it is insane. He's a very weak person to allow his thoughts to be modified that much by Trump. He's also weak for a lot of other reasons too. For those reasons I really hope he wins the GOP nomination.

Trump is bullying him and he is reacting like someone who has never been bullied in his life, which is likely the case.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Guess the candidate

quote:

It is important to remember that amateurs built the Ark and it was the professionals that built the Titanic

Ben Carson

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 22, 2016

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I just experienced another one of those "There's no way this can be real" moments and then clicked on the link. Thanks for the humbling reality check.

iJeb! is mind-numbingly bad at this convince-people-to-choose-him-for-president thing.

His dad needs to tell him to raise himself up by his bootstraps; that he's not entitled to the Presidency just because his brother had a turn.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

I had to stop the video because of how embarrassing it is. The question wasn't even about loving his father :confused:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Donald Trump and Jeb Bush are the best comedy duo out there right now. Without them what would this cycle be?

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I had to stop the video because of how embarrassing it is. The question wasn't even about loving his father :confused:

Yeah, what was that even about?

PsychoLordling
May 13, 2008

If you can read this Sarah Palin's dick must have fallen out of my mouth. Please return it to it's proper position.

did warm family feelings melt those steel beams then?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
¡Jeb! walks across the street, head to the ground, determined to avoid the stares and judgments of the passers-by. He knew they were watching, laughing at him. If only he had Chang. He slept with it at nights; it kept him safe. But his wife insisted he not walk around with a ceremonial sword in broad daylight. What harm could it do?, ¡Jeb! would ask, but Columba would just look at him, sigh, and hide her tears.

A payphone rang nearby. ¡Jeb! ignored it and walked on, still too focused on that MSNBC interview he had had just a few minutes ago. He hoped he had made a good impression.

Another payphone rang, right next to him. ¡Jeb!, startled, looked around. Nobody was attempting to answer it. ¡Jeb! sighed, and picked up the phone. A chill ran down his spine as he recognized the voice on the other end.

"You know what you've got to do, son."

A minute passed, then two. ¡Jeb! whispered, "Do I...?"

"Yes," H.W. replied. "Unleash the Chang."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Guess the candidate

Ben Carson

But then professionals built the EDL system for the opportunity rover so I'm gonna stick with the professionals, Ben.

https://youtu.be/Ki_Af_o9Q9s

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

Jeb! just tried to convince Chuck Todd that people like him by pointing out that 300 people showed up to one of his events in New Hampshire.

:fork:

edit

Now he's claiming 500 people gave him a standing ovation, although many were not his supporters.

I don't think Jeb! understands what's going on here...

They're saying "BOO-USH"!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is anyone else excited about Jeb!?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is anyone else excited about Jeb!?

They were impressed with the Jeb! campaign reboot on the sunday shows, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Trump craters and Jeb! takes his rightful spot as the frontrunner :)

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Naet posted:

I hope Jeb! accidentally calls a debate moderator "mom" before he drops out.

Pivoting from GOB to Buster, a bold move.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Can a couple Florida goons chime in and explain how someone this bad at campaigning got elected governor...twice? Or is JEBs train wrecking a recent phenomenon?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Can a couple Florida goons chime in and explain how someone this bad at campaigning got elected governor...twice? Or is JEBs train wrecking a recent phenomenon?

Not from Florida but

https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Jeb is going to kill a dude

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

Governors can still be total goobers, I mean, just look at Jindal. The national spotlight is much less kind.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Nastier Nate posted:

Jeb! lost the first time he ran for governor of Florida in 1994, and had to win the next time around in 1998.

In his 1994 campaign, he was asked what he planned to do for African-American voters if elected. His answer? "Probably nothing."

Jeb!'s tone-deaf ear is nothing new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Montasque posted:

Yeah, what was that even about?

It was a tangent. I think he was trying to say "I love my dad but being part of the Bush family isn't at the forefront of my mind"

• Locked thread