Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also turnup scrubs finished blade! finally, a not-inaccurate translation of that show. truly, this is the golden age of toku getting finished. hail spandex satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's only page 14

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FortMax posted:

In the last week, I've gotten scripts for the rest of the episodes. Only thing I don't have yet is the movie.

You are a saint and I love you

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It's only page 14

and we've already had two christmas miracles

hail spandex satan

e: and when mfc comes back with gavan (and maybe some sentai?) itll be three

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 1, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Is blade any good, then?

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Serious Frolicking posted:

Is blade any good, then?

Blade is great. The first eleven episodes are unintentionally incredibly silly but then the director changes and the rest of the series is excellent. I believe it just finished or is mostly finished being scrubed so now's a good time to get on board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7DGqKYubsE

Speaking of old series with new subs, Orangelion insisting on subbing currently airing series instead of focusing entirely on subbing TV-N-only shows is frustrating now that they're not doing weekly releases for Den-o in order to do batch releases.

Looking at the Nyaa numbers, less than five hundred people use Orangelion's Ghost subs, while five to ten thousand people use Over-Time's Ghost subs. Not to get into sub wars over audience sizes, but they're wasting their time when they could be putting their abilities towards older shows.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I literally just said, on this page that Blade is finished. There's a link to the Wordpress in the OP, torrents are on nyaa DDL on the blog

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't accept "there is a good scene (that you can watch on youtube)" as an argument in favor of a series' quality.

Same reason the Giant Enemy Crab scene doesn't count.

Edit I still stand by the opinion that Kabuto has the largest suit quality:show quality gap. All the suits just look so loving slick, and I will love the aesthetics of TheBee until the day I die.

Mostly it's the sheer absurdity of what the show calls a plot and the gooniness of Tsukasa and Kaitoh that endears itself to me. Not to mention that belt. Everyone loves their first Rider show after all.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Literally The Worst posted:

and we've already had two christmas miracles

hail spandex satan

e: and when mfc comes back with gavan (and maybe some sentai?) itll be three

Woah we all know the true giver of sentai Christmas miricles is Gokai Christmas.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
spandex satan is our lord do not belittle him

samurai ha-oh: still the funniest ultramech

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

spandex satan is our lord do not belittle him

samurai ha-oh: still the funniest ultramech

Hey, was just looking at the Op again for the link to blade, and I noticed there's no link to RX!

Stone Subs did a really decent job of translating the portugese subs to english and has completed/nearly completed the series. No page up, but it's available on nyaa as always.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Hey, was just looking at the Op again for the link to blade, and I noticed there's no link to RX!

Stone Subs did a really decent job of translating the portugese subs to english and has completed/nearly completed the series. No page up, but it's available on nyaa as always.

didn't even know anyone was doing RX, i'll ad it to the op

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

didn't even know anyone was doing RX, i'll ad it to the op

Two batches, 4 seeds currently. So the entire series is completed.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Two batches, 4 seeds currently. So the entire series is completed.

I guess I'll have to watch the final few episodes again.

When I watched RX it was with the HK subs, which were pretty decent for HK subs (so long as you didn't want to know anyone's name and didn't care about grammar TOO much) and then I think the person doing them got a stroke or something and some one else picked up where he left off and just made up a bunch of bullshit about Superman RX and I THINK some homophobic slurs?

Maybe this will make me reappreciate and like RX!

It's not going to but hey I believe in giving a series a proper chance.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I wanna read those subs

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Black Superman Black RX has arrived! And with him stands

Black Superman V3!
Black Superman!
Black Superman (again!)
and yamaxun

But what force could possibly ever call forth such mighty Supermen of superior Blackness?

Strongest Queer Guy?!

STRONGEST QUEER GUY, JIfuckyoufuckyoufuckyou

This is

EXACTLY

the quality of the last few episodes of the HK RX subs. They honestly made the entire show worth it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, if your world needs saving 4 black supermen and yamaxun seem like they could handle it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Serious Frolicking posted:

Well, if your world needs saving 4 black supermen and yamaxun seem like they could handle it.

Saving specifically from the Strongest Queer Guy, this cannot be understated.

It's like a really awful South Park joke

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
those are amazing

mods change my name to strongest queer guy

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
The actual saddest thing is Riderman is not 'Black Supermanman'

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't accept "there is a good scene (that you can watch on youtube)" as an argument in favor of a series' quality.

Same reason the Giant Enemy Crab scene doesn't count.

Edit I still stand by the opinion that Kabuto has the largest suit quality:show quality gap. All the suits just look so loving slick, and I will love the aesthetics of TheBee until the day I die.

I dunno, the Wizard suit looks good as hell and it's hard to get worse than Wizard.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

This is

EXACTLY

the quality of the last few episodes of the HK RX subs. They honestly made the entire show worth it.

Yeah, somewhere along the line they suddenly switched to translating the script from the Chinese dub of RX, hence the name changes. No idea why though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

John McClane posted:

I dunno, the Wizard suit looks good as hell and it's hard to get worse than Wizard.
That's true. But I take points off for the forms just being palette swaps. Not even interesting ones, like Fourze's are (Cosmic nonwithstanding), just single-color swaps.

On the subject, we kind of agreed that the mid-season upgrade will always look at least as cool as the final form, but is there a "final form quality : show quality" metric?

I don't think there really is. Fourze has Cosmic, but Double has that monstrosity that looks like it had sex with a Ganbaride machine. Meanwhile, W has Xtreme, which is just kind of boring.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 1, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't think there really is. Fourze has Cosmic, but Double has that monstrosity that looks like it had sex with a Ganbaride machine. Meanwhile, W has Xtreme, which is just kind of boring.

Why did you mention Double twice?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Poison Mushroom posted:

That's true. But I take points off for the forms just being palette swaps. Not even interesting ones, like Fourze's are (Cosmic nonwithstanding), just single-color swaps.

They're not palette swaps though? The helmet and chest gets changed for each one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Why did you mention Double twice?
I meant Decade. :doh:

Dexie posted:

They're not palette swaps though? The helmet and chest gets changed for each one.

Huh. I'll be damned.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
They're still mostly palette swaps.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, Christ. I was talking with a friend about Shinkenger's cast and I just realized something.

They map almost perfectly to the Kids Next Door.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
God drat, why do all the guys in Blade have almost identical haircuts, builds, and outfits? I really hope somebody gets an eyepatch or something, or I'll never tell these fools apart.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Eponymous posted:

God drat, why do all the guys in Blade have almost identical haircuts, builds, and outfits? I really hope somebody gets an eyepatch or something, or I'll never tell these fools apart.

Coincidentally they all talk the same way too. Like complete dipshits.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Burkion posted:

Black men!

This is great. :allears: I had never even heard of HK subs.

John McClane posted:

I never really liked Wizards helmet. Everything else looks nice.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Got my Dairanger set today; its pretty much exactly the same as the Zyuranger set in terms of quality and presentation.

Minor differences: instead of the OP over the main menu and the ED over the Episode Select, the Dairanger set has the ED over the main and silence on the Episode Select.

First episode leads up with what I assume is the preview for Dairanger that would have aired after the final episode of Zyuranger. Cute to see.

Also, there's no bonus features of any kind. The Zyuranger set had a couple...but this one is just 5 episodes per disc, 10 discs total. I was hoping for at least a little featurette of what from Dairanger got taken for MMPR Season 2, but oh well.

Incidentally, the plastic case of my set suffered a bit in the post..if anyone knows a good source for the same type of DVD case, let me know. I checked amazon, but nothing seemed to quite match, and since the episode list is printed on the inside of the case sleeve, having everything line up the same is kinda important.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

jivjov posted:

Got my Dairanger set today; its pretty much exactly the same as the Zyuranger set in terms of quality and presentation.

Minor differences: instead of the OP over the main menu and the ED over the Episode Select, the Dairanger set has the ED over the main and silence on the Episode Select.

First episode leads up with what I assume is the preview for Dairanger that would have aired after the final episode of Zyuranger. Cute to see.

Also, there's no bonus features of any kind. The Zyuranger set had a couple...but this one is just 5 episodes per disc, 10 discs total. I was hoping for at least a little featurette of what from Dairanger got taken for MMPR Season 2, but oh well.
Doube
Incidentally, the plastic case of my set suffered a bit in the post..if anyone knows a good source for the same type of DVD case, let me know. I checked amazon, but nothing seemed to quite match, and since the episode list is printed on the inside of the case sleeve, having everything line up the same is kinda important.

I don't like how they use Ch'i over Chi. Other than that it seems to be a bit better than the Hikari Senshi version.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

jivjov posted:

Contact Shout about it. When I got a broken case in the mail on a VR Troopers set they sent a replacement.

ALSO:
Gavan 1-6

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FortMax posted:

Contact Shout about it. When I got a broken case in the mail on a VR Troopers set they sent a replacement.

ALSO:
Gavan 1-6

fucker, i was just about to come here and post that GAVAN IS GETTIN DONE WOOO

wonder if they're still gonna do whatever sentai series at the same time

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Dr Tran posted:

I don't like how they use Ch'i over Chi. Other than that it seems to be a bit better than the Hikari Senshi version.

Chi is simply wrong. I was kind of pulling for qi, personally, but they opened it up to a vote by fans on twitter (incorrectly as chi vs qi) and chi won, with the honcho claiming they meant to do ch'i all along for that one. I have a feeling if the vote was framed as ch'i or qi it would have gone the other way, but alas.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gotta love dealing with them Chinese words.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

FortMax posted:

That's actually what I did; the customer service rep got back to me in less than 10 minutes (amazing!) and said he'd look into it, but wasn't sure if they would be able to provide one.

His first suggestion was to contact the retailer...but I got mine off eBay; so that doesn't help too much.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
What's the difference between chi, ch'i and qi (or ki, qui, kiwi for that matter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

AtheistMantis posted:

What's the difference between chi, ch'i and qi (or ki, qui, kiwi for that matter)

In pinyin, q and ch are different sounds. The ch sound is pretty much the same as in English, q is made with the tongue curled forward a bit more. Here's a site that goes into it in more detail:
https://chinesepod.com/tools/pronunciation/section/10
Ch'i comes from the old Wade-Giles rominization of the q sound, and ki is the Japanese version of the word. Chi (without the apostrophe) would be a different word altogether, e.g. the Mandarin word for eat.

• Locked thread