Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sparkyhodgo
Jun 21, 2003
Long potato
I'm trying out the Soup mods. Have been warned away from Stalkersoup by everyone on reddit, so that leaves Joint Pak 2 and DMX-DKZ. What's the difference between them? As far as I can tell, compared to DMX-DKZ, Joint Pak 2 just has a more polished title screen, some new [fan made?] videos, and a PDA map that doesn't look like it was pasted together by a 2 year old. Also, the nice guy gives you a medkit in the beginning so you don't die in the first 30 seconds.

What does DMX-DKZ do that Joint Pak 2 doesn't?

[edit: DMX-DKZ appears to be from 2011, whereas Joint Pak 2 is from 2014. I'm guessing that OP-2 has superseded DMX-DKZ then, which would explain why it looks more polished.]

[edit 2: OP-2 also fixes the stupidly hard cave by at least giving you some ammo and equipment. Honestly I don't know what the DMX-DKZ guys were thinking. This is much better.]

[edit 3: DMX-DKZ does have a better English translation though. I'll give them that.]

[edit 4: ok gently caress the cave in OP-2. It's so stupidly unbalanced it's practically unplayable. They added a TON of zombies and snorks and extra-huge pseudogiants that chase you and spawn [clip?] through the walls behind you. I'm not even sure it's beatable. If this is any indication of what the rest of OP-2 is going to be like, gently caress that.]

[edit 5: Stalkersoup actually doesn't seem that bad. The graphics could use some work (vegetation seems sparse) and the pda map is almost as ugly as DMK-DKZ's, but the translation is ok and the cave was at least playable.]

Sparkyhodgo fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Klaus88 posted:

Has anybody cobbled together a mod that fixes the durability for AO3 for CoC?

And could someone throw up that trader rebalance mod again?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9l0q1sd7c2i78l/COC.7z?dl=0 Traders accept more damaged weapons.

I dunno if this will mess up AO3 tho, I'll go have a look and Re-Make if I have to after lunch.

Edit :I had a quick look, traders seem to accept up to 50% damaged in ao3, I'll take a closer look later and probably make an 80% damage version.

staberind fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 31, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
It's the damndest thing, everything was fine yesterday and now, without making any changes to anything, I'm getting a CTD on startup. I finally decide to launch the autoupdater and see if I'm missing any files for whatever reason, and it immediately starts downloading a bunch of stuff while the little green version number on the left has rolled back to 1.2.0

e: and even after performing the update, still CTD
e2: guess it was my user.ltx, dang

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 31, 2015

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Azran posted:

From memory: Radiation Suit (you can see tons of guys wearing this in the base games, it's the exoskeleton without the servos around it. It's my favourite one :v:), NBC suit (looks like the Metro Last Light main screen suit), a Bandit suit (Crimson suit), Ecologist suit (already in CoC), Mercenary suit (already in CoC) and a Merc Exoskeleton (which I think its already in CoC)

I can't actually find them in the outfit.ltx files, so they might not even be in this version of AO3, which blows.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
The latest patch I have says 1.2.23 on the main menu (even though the download says .24) . Is it like this for everyone else?

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy
You could probably just add them into the outfit.ltx, just would have to use the existing icons and descriptions that are there for now.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Jack Ketch posted:

You could probably just add them into the outfit.ltx, just would have to use the existing icons and descriptions that are there for now.

All the files for em are missing too, I know the radiation suit's third person model is already in the game, but the nbc suit sounds like a new model. I'm downloading the original AO3 mod and I'm gonna see what I can do with the files.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

FirstPersonShitter posted:

All the files for em are missing too, I know the radiation suit's third person model is already in the game, but the nbc suit sounds like a new model. I'm downloading the original AO3 mod and I'm gonna see what I can do with the files.

Yeah, I have no idea how to add other third person models or anything but was just thinking more along the lines of using the stats for those suits but being stuck with somewhat improvising the icon/3rd person models etc, though I never got those suits in AO3, so I have no clue if they have modified upgrade paths etc.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Sparkyhodgo posted:

Dear god that scrollbar.

:stare:

Yeah, that's why I like the mods that let you place your own stashes, I'll have a gun stash, a food/med stash, ammo stash. All that scrolling trying to find your 9x39mm or whatever is lame as hell.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

It doesn't look like it'd be difficult to add the missing suits to the CoC version of AO3, but I'd have to extract the st_items_outfit.xml from the CoC db files to give them the correct descriptions and names, which I'm too lazy to do right now. Beyond that they all use default icons and upgrade schemes.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Jack Ketch posted:

Yeah, I have no idea how to add other third person models or anything but was just thinking more along the lines of using the stats for those suits but being stuck with somewhat improvising the icon/3rd person models etc, though I never got those suits in AO3, so I have no clue if they have modified upgrade paths etc.

IIRC they had their own path. Maybe. I don't pay attention to suits :v: I know the Radiation suit could reach 4 container slots and the lowest upgrade path was full of +energy, +wound, +hp regen stuff.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009
Is the install order list posted a bunch of pages back still correct?

It's something like:

Stock Call of Chernobyl
Ddraigs 2.0 patch
ORW/AO3 - Are these hot-swappable?
Some music add on

And whatever after that? Do the add ons also incorporate weather/atmospheric effects, textures and shaders, etc? The first page doesn't really cover the latest developments and I don't know if the links posted back whenever are still current/valid.

Is the AO3 version on moddb legit or has someone put their own spin on it?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

It's unofficial/someone's "own spin".

Holy poo poo, this one death thing is the most intense I've ever played STALKER, ever. :ohdear:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

If you have AO3 you don't need OWR, by the way. I'd also wait till Enigma actually ports the mod since this version has an out-of-whack economy, half the features (mostly just the guns) and it has some annoying bugs as well.

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
How do you disable head-bob in Call of Chernobyl? Now that effectors.ltx is no longer a config file, I can't seem to find it in any of the new files. I get motion sickness from the effect and it's preventing me from experiencing CoC in all of its glory--any help would be much appreciated.

OregonDonor fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 1, 2015

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

OregonDonor posted:

How do you disable head-bob in Call of Chernobyl? Now that effectors.ltx is no longer a config file, I can't seem to find it in any of the new files. I get motion sickness from the effect and it's preventing me from experiencing CoC in all of its glory--any help would be much appreciated.

Sit in a sex swing while you play. Bouncy bouncy.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Out of curiosity, that TV in the Duty base wasn't in the original game right :v:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Azran posted:

If you have AO3 you don't need OWR, by the way. I'd also wait till Enigma actually ports the mod since this version has an out-of-whack economy, half the features (mostly just the guns) and it has some annoying bugs as well.

I think the stats for the exo are messed up as well. I finally got one and upgraded it at Forester. Two bloodsuckers and a brush against an electro anomaly later and it's all but destroyed.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

For the sheer gently caress of it. I decided to raid the military base in Agroprom.

How many 5.45 FMJ rounds does it take to blow up an APC?

Answer: 160ish. Repeat for second APC in the opposite corner and another 90ish for the helicopter.

Here is a rough representation of the corpses:

Some dots got added because a.) I didn't actually screencap over there or b.) it didn't show up well. loving map lines.

By my count, bodycount of 45.
Estimated rounds fired: 700. Using the ammo you loot to kill the next guy around the corner really pays off.

The loot I wound up carrying away:

Earned about 40k net from this adventure. Kept the kit, because it sells more than the rifles I can fix with it (except for the SVD)

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Azran posted:

this saddens me. Is OWR relatively stable?

i've got my COC install all ready to get pegged modded, what's the bee's knees?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Got my rear end ambushed in the military and lost all of my saves.

It was a really fun run though I'm depressed as all hell. Lots of back and forth for money, got my beloved VSS Vintorez, and was on my way to get it upgrade.

While I'm sad as gently caress (on the Day of the Dead :rip:), I think this will keep it out of my system until a proper AO3 comes out.

Also gently caress Red Forest holy poo poo.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Call of Chernobyl is absolutely gorgeous sometimes

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

How were you able to get screenshots? Neither Puush, nor print screen work, and I can't seem to find a way to make the steam overlay function :(

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
/\/\ f12. The images appear in your appdata folder

Here's the result of me going into Dead City and waiting in the drain pipe for bandits come come poke their heads around the corner

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Anyone else notice that enemies in COC are invulnerable when they do the, "Oh poo poo I've been hit" and stumble routine? I'll rake someone with 5 rounds, they will do their "I'm hurt dance" and while they are doing it I can put 50 rounds into them and nothing happens. So it's now a trick to time the next burst for that 0.00001 seconds between when they can take damage again and when they headshot you.

Is anyone else having this?
Is this a common bug?
Is this a bug at all?

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010

nexus6 posted:

Call of Chernobyl is absolutely gorgeous sometimes

What visual settings are you using? I'd like to get mine looking that pretty.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Blistex posted:

Anyone else notice that enemies in COC are invulnerable when they do the, "Oh poo poo I've been hit" and stumble routine? I'll rake someone with 5 rounds, they will do their "I'm hurt dance" and while they are doing it I can put 50 rounds into them and nothing happens. So it's now a trick to time the next burst for that 0.00001 seconds between when they can take damage again and when they headshot you.

From what I've seen, enemies still take damage while they're in a pain animation, but they won't react to it until the animation finishes. Often I would shoot someone in the shoulder to make them reel back, unload in their chest, and they'd get back to a fighting stance and immediately keel over. Your crosshair IFF will even stop glowing red once they take enough damage to die.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

OregonDonor posted:

What visual settings are you using? I'd like to get mine looking that pretty.

I'm phone posting just now but it's on Dx11 lighting, the high quality preset with vision distance and texture quality sliders up to maximum.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I just hope the real AO3 will make guns a lot cheaper.

The poo poo I had to go through to get the money for the VSS. The poo poo I had to go through. All gone. :bang:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Morter posted:

The poo poo I had to go through to get the money for the VSS. The poo poo I had to go through. All gone. :bang:

You could always just spawn one with debug mode

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Morter posted:

You were the female stalker, weren't you?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

rejutka posted:

You were the female stalker, weren't you?

The what now?

nexus6 posted:

You could always just spawn one with debug mode

Stalker is the most immersive game I've ever played. If I can help it, I refuse to cheat

(I did load the last save once a bloodsucker literally appeared out of nowhere and put me in one of those blood-sucking holds, which instakilled me when it happened in Master. I panicked :( )

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
An AS Val (at least in OWR3) with a scope does the same thing as a VSS, has a bigger magazine and is a lot more common.

VSS still owns though.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Morter posted:

In CoP, you can buy guns for the regular prices you get in vanilla. Only the best of the best goes over 4k IIRC. Nothing of this "10k for a pistol" poo poo.

Morter posted:

The what now?

Stalker is the most immersive game I've ever played. If I can help it, I refuse to cheat

(I did load the last save once a bloodsucker literally appeared out of nowhere and put me in one of those blood-sucking holds, which instakilled me when it happened in Master. I panicked :( )

Something something prostitution.

I can't remember if you've played Metro, but you should. :v:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Azran posted:

Yeah, basically.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Azran posted:

In CoP, you can buy guns for the regular prices you get in vanilla. Only the best of the best goes over 4k IIRC. Nothing of this "10k for a pistol" poo poo.

45k for a VSS from Duty, after lots of quick loading. Lucky, I find a couple of artifacts and scientists paid a lot.

Still, I don't think my heart is ready for another permadeath. It's a neat gimmick and it really made me appreciate basic kills with makarovs, but i was so crushed I almost started day drinking. :negative:

Azran posted:

I can't remember if you've played Metro, but you should. :v:

Tsk, MAN, don't conflate metro and stalker.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Elth posted:

From what I've seen, enemies still take damage while they're in a pain animation, but they won't react to it until the animation finishes. Often I would shoot someone in the shoulder to make them reel back, unload in their chest, and they'd get back to a fighting stance and immediately keel over. Your crosshair IFF will even stop glowing red once they take enough damage to die.

I'll have to check this out. It might have been that I noticed this happening the most with the Military guys, and I guess they can just take a shitload of lead before dying.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

It's also worth pointing out that sometimes dudes die by doing a dramatic "I've been shot!" pose for a second or two before dropping dead on the ground. It's kind of obnoxious, and might be part of what you're running into. It's really hard to tell the difference between the death animations and the pain recoil animation at times.

And yeah, military guys also have a lot of health, I think.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Fish Fry Andy posted:

And yeah, military guys also have a lot of health, I think.

Which makes things harder for me, as the military outpost in Cordon is my main source of income (they have a lot of sniper rifles on them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Fish Fry Andy posted:

It's also worth pointing out that sometimes dudes die by doing a dramatic "I've been shot!" pose for a second or two before dropping dead on the ground. It's kind of obnoxious, and might be part of what you're running into. It's really hard to tell the difference between the death animations and the pain recoil animation at times.

This is a Clear Sky thing, I think. And I agree, it's quite confusing.

I believe accuracy and, possibly, damage drops if your shots are too close together, which can also further the they're invulnerable feeling.