Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I'm left wondering if Baam will actually get the opportunity to come back and finish his self discovery. I partly expect him to get thrown off track, yet again, because of one thing or another (or Rachel pushing him off a cliff)

Can't wait to see him get started in the upcoming trial, though.
Also, we're still missing a white haired kid, right? Wonder how that'll play out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nahxela posted:

I'm left wondering if Baam will actually get the opportunity to come back and finish his self discovery. I partly expect him to get thrown off track, yet again, because of one thing or another (or Rachel pushing him off a cliff)

Yeah, I'm expecting the same. Which is a shame, since it sounds like this revolution thing is really important. Ideally we just get a page after this is all done that says "and Baam went back to that guy for another few weeks before continuing on."

Speaking of which, Baam's buddies must have been bored as gently caress during those 3 weeks. I'm imagining them just sitting around playing word games and stuff.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

He's not going to complete it for a while since that would put him on par with Zahard and the family heads.

Decus posted:

I'm somewhat disappointed that he fast-skipped all of the train's games between Baam's incubation and the tournament, but at the same time the plot is moving forward to an interesting place so I can't complain too much especially if the tournament is itself more of a game than just a straight fight.

I'm not really disappointed since the first "game" we saw is just Baam beating up someone. I like the little self-journey.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hypocrisy posted:

He's not going to complete it for a while since that would put him on par with Zahard and the family heads.

I'm pretty sure that, if anything, it would just put him on par with Zahard and the family heads when they were at the same level of the tower, not magically make him as strong as they currently are.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Moreover, Baam's power up might indirectly put him to that level through more obtuse means, as opposed to just plainly giving him more raw power. The Guardian God did hint that his process seemed to be working out a little differently than the other guys'. Plus. we already know that Baam's starting place in terms of power/whatever was notably lower than all the other revolutionaries. Maybe it happens that way, maybe it doesn't.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
When are we going to see Black March or the rest of the month weapons? They teased them with the workshop battle, but nothing happened

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

pinegala posted:

When are we going to see Black March or the rest of the month weapons? They teased them with the workshop battle, but nothing happened

Probably not for a while. only a handful of the strongest folks (Zahard Princesses, I think) come into their possession, and the main characters aren't exactly at a level where they get much of a chance to interact with said characters.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That and for Baam at least they're largely unimportant.

I remember thinking something would come of him having an A-rank pocket

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I really, really hope Baam has stopped being aggravating and retarded to watch. Pre-betrayal he was amazing, he had a clear goal but he didn't obsess and he made friends and learned and grew as he proceeded up the tower. When he became Viole he was amazing - don't trust anyone, don't make friends, just advance at any cost. But then he threw out all that wonderful character development and turned into "WHY RACHEL WHY". Hwaryun finally got Baam to pull his head out of his rear end and maybe the revolution has helped him even further along.

Move loving past her already Baam. Go on adventures with crocodile and all these friends you make every single place you go. And also do more interesting tests. The early days of focusing on fun tests and seeing how Baam & co would make it through was fun.

Also enough with chibirak, it was fun for a while but I want to see more fullsize Rak action.

khy fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 15, 2015

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-172/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=253 Awww, poor princess

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
This is the "dallar"

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

dallar dallar bills, yall

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yuri is just so excited to see Baam :3:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

why is most naver stuff suddenly being released a day later? This used to come out on a sunday in the UK as did god of high school on a thursday and they don't anymore

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Because we're thankfully getting the actual comics now instead of whatever's early-submitted. Way less missing panels this way when comparing to the primary naver releases and if they're still getting the early submission work to start translating from it might give them more time to proof better too.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-173/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=254

Koon :smug:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Koon is such a cool character.

I'm proud of Baam for not freaking out and trying to jump in and save Rachel or something. Might not sound like much, but I could easily see him doing something so dumb in the past.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Goddamn, that was a good Koon chapter.

Also, the early bit with the Conductor raising the stakes for the Princess was pretty neat.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This chapter felt good. So good in fact I'm going to reread it while listening to some classy music and smoking a cigar.
Rachel getting the verbal smackdown from Khun was so cathartic. "Sure you can go first, but you're still so green after all these years you can't even tell that that thing is compressed. Have fun with that."

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 26, 2015

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

What a good chapter :allears: p curious to see how the [spoiler]sweet fish[spoiler] factors into later rounds though

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

One sentence summary of the chapter:

gently caress you Rachel.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Decus posted:

Because we're thankfully getting the actual comics now instead of whatever's early-submitted. Way less missing panels this way when comparing to the primary naver releases and if they're still getting the early submission work to start translating from it might give them more time to proof better too.

i meant the official releases, they've all started coming out the next day recently as i'm in the UK

also that chapter owned

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Jose posted:

i meant the official releases, they've all started coming out the next day recently as i'm in the UK

also that chapter owned

So did I. They used to come out the same day as korean naver, meaning they worked from early submissions with potentially different panels. Now they're a day after korean naver releases and working from the actual thing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oh right, i thought you were talking about the mangacow scans. i still can't believe the site is free unless there are ads i'm blocking but judging by the phone app that seems unlikely

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
That's a good Blue Turtle, goddam

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
why is fug carrying water for rachel again? she's dead weight.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Simstim posted:

why is fug carrying water for rachel again? she's dead weight.

Bait for Baam

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Also she's an irregular as well so she's also immune to the rules that leave Zahard immortal. She's weak so someone else would have to overpower him but she could still do the final hit.

(If Zahard's immortality works that way, there aren't really any details)

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I think his immortality works on the principal that he ultimately controls all the shinshoo contracts for regulars. Presumably theyd either lose their contract or maybe the guardian of that floor would be required to step in.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, that's sort of what I think. Less that he personally controls them on a "actively doing stuff" level but moreso that he made a special contract that says all the other guardians have to include fine print saying shinsoo can't be used against him within the contracts they give out to regulars.

Though on the other hand, that would make their "turn Baam into a weapon" plan even dumber than it already was since if they can't use shinsoo to stop him from making it impossible to move/swing the weapon he'd still murder anybody trying to swing it at him even if the weapon itself could in fact kill him.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Holy gently caress Khun.

And actually, I'm interested to see where Rachel's story arc goes, because it's hard to keep her credible when she's, well, being Rachel.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

So why are prince and his group locked up

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
They're hostages to make Baam compete.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Oh that makes sense. So did that happen offscreen then?

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
i think it happened when the conductor teleported almost everyone into his office or whatever the hell it was. you might have missed a chapter?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I don't remember anyone getting teleported anywhere so yeah I probably did v:v:v

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Man I want to see someone challenge Baam and get promptly knocked into the ground

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder if Vicente following Wangnan is related to Wangnan's uncanny ability to get people to trust/follow him.

This next game seems really complex and bizarre. Only 30 dallars for winning, but it costs 15 (or more) to close/open doors in the maze. I have a feeling this is going to last a really, really long time, given the scale of the game and how many people are involved. I also feel like there's a good chance Baam's team will lose, considering Khun won the previous round and comics like to alternate who has the advantage.

i wonder how much Rachel actually cares about what happened with Khun and Hoaqin's insults. While it sort of seemed like she was upset about it, Rachel is a strange character and I imagine she should have a fairly realistic understanding at this point of how underwhelming her own combat-related abilities are compared with most of her FUG peers and adversaries.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm somewhat ambivalent towards Rachel right now. She's such a huge part of Baam's motivations that without her I feel like he'd probably lose most if not all motivation to keep climbing. But at the same time it's rather annoying to see her continue on given how weak she is. I wouldn't mind it if she died but it would become rather messy since FUG would target actual interesting characters in order to force Baam to accomplish their goals.

khy fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

khy posted:

I'm somewhat ambivalent towards Rachel right now. She's such a huge part of Baam's motivations that without her I feel like he'd probably lose most if not all motivation to keep climbing. But at the same time it's rather annoying to see her continue on given how weak she is. I wouldn't mind it if she died but it would become rather messy since FUG would target actual interesting characters in order to force Baam to accomplish their goals.

uzek marino owning some fug people to leave baam alone would let him continue climbing without their presence and i don't think ToG would be worse off for fug not interfering with baam