Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

No Pun Intended posted:

I'd like to present to the board my thesis entitled Sexual dimorphism in fictional species and their representation in miniature

...in conclusion, as I have proven above, all females of any species, in order to maintain realism and verisimilitude, must display human/mammalian secondary sexual traits, including being smaller in stature; a thinner waist with large "birthing" hips, also known as the "hourglass" figure; softer and more "feminine" facial features; and a single pair of (preferably large so as to be easily recognizable at table top scale) breasts located on the chest area as they are on human females. Also, they should be posed in a manner that displays these features, as the character will appear "liberated" and be empowering for female gamers. Furthermore, *fart*

e: Addendum 1: Non-living characters or races.

Just because it's a robot doesn't mean there shouldn't be male and female robots. After all, even many females were turned into robots, and they probably remember being female and display such characteristics in some fleeting grasp of their humanity or identity as a former living being. See figures 1 and 2, titled "Female Revenant Titan 2":

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hahahahahaha :suicide:

Someone bought actual (or counterfeit) Revenant parts just to do that with them.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Hope that rear end-strut is only temporary cause otherwise that model just might wind up looking a little bit silly.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I tried sculpting a Clayface mini for my Heroclix crew and he came out a lil' scrunty.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Hope that rear end-strut is only temporary cause otherwise that model just might wind up looking a little bit silly.

Model a jumpjet blast around it.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I think you'll find that female Tau have boob tube armour and massive tits thank you very much. The colour guide in the latest codex where a fully armoured Firewarrior is referred to as female yet looks indistinguishable from the other helmeted Shas'la is just an example of lazy asset re-use and a lack of proof reading.

*Pushes glasses up nose, returns to Warseer.*

I got explained to me that Y slits were always a female thing, just look at Commander shadowsun (she don't have no boobs).

YF19pilot posted:

softer and more "feminine" facial features

When has that ever happened.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

YF19pilot posted:

...in conclusion, as I have proven above, all females of any species, in order to maintain realism and verisimilitude, must display human/mammalian secondary sexual traits, including being smaller in stature; a thinner waist with large "birthing" hips, also known as the "hourglass" figure; softer and more "feminine" facial features; and a single pair of (preferably large so as to be easily recognizable at table top scale) breasts located on the chest area as they are on human females. Also, they should be posed in a manner that displays these features, as the character will appear "liberated" and be empowering for female gamers. Furthermore, *fart*

e: Addendum 1: Non-living characters or races.

Just because it's a robot doesn't mean there shouldn't be male and female robots. After all, even many females were turned into robots, and they probably remember being female and display such characteristics in some fleeting grasp of their humanity or identity as a former living being. See figures 1 and 2, titled "Female Revenant Titan 2":

Gonna gently caress that robot

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Your dick is in 28mm scale?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kilo147 posted:

since that's a titan, if his dick is in 28mm scale, he's going to have a hard time reaching unless she like, lies down for him and even then it's gonna be like a hotdog thrown into an airplane hanger

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kilo147 posted:

Don't worry, it's Heroic

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Don't worry, it's Heroic

In other words, badly sculpted, with nasty mold lines, and an old codex making it useless?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Chance II posted:

I tried sculpting a Clayface mini for my Heroclix crew and he came out a lil' scrunty.

He looks just like the animated series though. I like!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I find these really cute :3:

YF19pilot posted:

...in conclusion, as I have proven above, all females of any species, in order to maintain realism and verisimilitude, must display human/mammalian secondary sexual traits, including being smaller in stature; a thinner waist with large "birthing" hips

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 2, 2015

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I was starting to give Mantic the benefit of the doubt then they release chubbs the magic dragon here:

The abyssal dwarf creature's head is better but it still uses the same terrible body

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Body positive dragons.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Eh, it's better with dorfs, the dracscrunt can be whatever it wants to be.

Stop drac shaming

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The hefty body works well with the Lammasus' total lack of a neck.
e: I can't stop reading his rad braided beard as a colourful scarf.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

The Rob Liefeld of titans.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Helen Highwater posted:

The Rob Liefeld of titans.

No way. It has feet.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jeez who put the stick up her rear end?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

No Pun Intended posted:

I was starting to give Mantic the benefit of the doubt then they release chubbs the magic dragon here:

The abyssal dwarf creature's head is better but it still uses the same terrible body

rawr :gay:

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

No Pun Intended posted:

While that dragon is pretty chubby, if you want to see good minis from them check out their hard plastic scifi stuff. It's great.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Chance II posted:

A true Clayscrunt would be made of poo poo, not clay. :colbert:

(It looks fine).

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

That is obviously a militarized street cleaner. Got to clean all those skulls somehow, just because its the grim dark future does not mean we have to abide by dirty skulls everywhere.

No Pun Intended posted:

In the grand scheme of things that have been posted in this thread... these are not bad at all...

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Esser-Z posted:

No way. It has feet.

And too few leg pouches. It does have a bungee cord for a spine though.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pierzak posted:

In other words, badly sculpted, with nasty mold lines, and an old codex making it useless?
Naw, means it's kinda stubby, with big weapons and an oversized head.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
EDIT: Wait, poo poo.

hooman fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 2, 2015

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Also I actually quite like those dragons!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yeah the Mantic lamatsu is basically perfect for what it is.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Esser-Z posted:

Also I actually quite like those dragons!

me too

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

millimetre

SCRUNT

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Sorry, but that dragon owns

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Is The White Dragon around? We need an expert opinion.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

SynthOrange posted:

Jeez who put the stick up her rear end?

This guy:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

millimetre

SCRUNT

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Not a viking posted:

Sorry, but that dragon owns

I think my Dungeon Saga kickstarter will be coming with the dragon, and this is actually a really fun idea :3:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

No point in painting Pete's Dragon. Nobody will see it anyway.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

More than a decade after the release, and Dawn of War texture secrets still elude modders:

Texturing is a form of painting, you guys

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The saddest whatever the hell that is supposed to be.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
"Heavily converted Land Raider," you say? Let's just see what you...

...oh. Oh my.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Looks like a normal land raider to me. What'd he change?