Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

personally i look forward to choosing to play as a woman and dying just after the end of the e3 demo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Yaos posted:

People whining about gay people, there's an interracial gay couple at the start of the game and you can have jerkily animated sex with any companion.

Spoiler alert for the video. Why would they put the baby and the spouse in the same cryogenic thing? Wouldn't it make more sense for the baby to have his own place to be frozen? I bet they never explain it and nobody even mentions the baby until the spouse dies. Speaking of that, why not just tell the spouse there's a problem with the baby and they need to take the baby away for a few minutes and then freeze the spouse? Or if they were going to shoot the spouse, just shoot them the second the door opens instead of trying to take the baby away and then shooting them. Wouldn't it have been spookier if you woke up and found the skeleton of your spouse but no baby so you didn't even know what happened?

its the fallout american goverment. they have always been stupidly evil.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlkWx8A3vpo

bodysliders confirmed you can play as a fatty

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

frajaq posted:

Good

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

frajaq posted:

YES. I cant wait to play as a morbidly obese man.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

YES. I cant wait to play as a morbidly obese man.

Big fat bald guy, hot wife, 10 luck.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its the fallout american goverment. they have always been stupidly evil.

I thought these particular shitfucks were Institute people? Thus at least a decent reason for why you would seek them out if you weren't the most important person in the wastes or a real rear end in a top hat.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Yaos posted:

People whining about gay people, there's an interracial gay couple at the start of the game and you can have jerkily animated sex with any companion. To be fair, the interracial gay couple don't get to the vault so that shows how much Todd "we'll fix it in post" Howard hates the homosexual community.

Spoiler alert for the video. Why would they put the baby and the spouse in the same cryogenic thing? Wouldn't it make more sense for the baby to have his own place to be frozen? When the cryopod is opened the baby could easily be dropped after 210 years 4 months 2 days of sleeping. I bet they never explain it and nobody even mentions the baby until the spouse dies. Speaking of that, why not just tell the spouse there's a problem with the baby and they need to take the baby away for a few minutes and then freeze the spouse? Or if they were going to shoot the spouse, just shoot them the second the door opens instead of trying to take the baby away and then shooting them. Wouldn't it have been spookier if you woke up and found the skeleton of your spouse but no baby so you didn't even know what happened? A bunch of people had to sit down and say it made sense the spouse holds onto the baby in the cryopod, I want to hear their explanation for that.

You can answer all these questions with "because Bethesda wants to rush you to their next set-piece they designed"

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

frajaq posted:

Nuked already

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Crabtree posted:

I thought these particular shitfucks were Institute people?

well depending on when they snatch the kid. if its immediately after your in the pod, then its government. if its soon before you wake up, its not the government. its such poo poo quality, i cant tell.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://vid.me/KLJW
here you go. you can be a fat girl too.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

RVWinkle posted:

The last two games had the same perks and also had a hard cap at 10 so it's probably the same. I assume most people ignore those perks.

Eschatos posted:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that perk was in 3 and New Vegas and it definitely did not boost your stats above 10.

Yeah, but this time you need to have END at the cap to even take the perk, so why would it add another 2 END unless it can exceed the cap? or Bethesda didn't think things through

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That one guy was wearing what looked like wastelander armor, and the glass frosting over implies a time skip.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
http://a.pomf.cat/hvqmzl.mp4

Fatties and muscle girls confirmed.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Cool, they actually added in more than one body model. You think SPECIAL stats could change your body like having 10 strength makes you look like you could punch 500 pounds of force into someone's face or will I have to wait for an extensive Dragon's Dogma body types change how you run/jump/etc?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 2, 2015

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
This dude flouting Bethesda NDAs with low quality videos and trying to get cash for his gofundme out of it is going to end up being my favourite thing about the game.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think this marks the first fat person in a Bethesda open world game since this jolly lad,

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like how he put his real name out there for Bethesda to see. Dude has balls of steel.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I know it's a few pages back but lol at the guy saying Beth companions are worthless. I'll agree they blew in Skyrim, but in FO3 you have a robot with plas rifle, flamer, and 15k max hp, a super mutant with 15k hp and a gatling lazer, and Charon, a Ghoul with a lever shotgun that he can fire faster than the automatic riot shotgun. Sure, the evil options blew(a slave and slaver respectively), but you could give them power armor and any obscene weapon you wanted.

Personally I hope the human companions get infinite non-explosive ammo. Or at least the same caliber as their signature weapon.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

I think this marks the first fat person in a Bethesda open world game since this jolly lad,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxmbfvycbv0

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

graynull posted:

Big fat bald guy, hot wife, 10 luck.

come to butthead

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

and every single fat faced gently caress in oblivion

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Holy poo poo that deathclaw slam

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Avocados posted:

is it bad that I don't think i'll miss it? I always had a weird anxiety with keeping weapons/armor at >90%, which led me to maxing Repair first because things were expensive and annoying without that Jury Rigging perk.

I won't miss it at all since I just modded it out of 3/NV anyways.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Right at the start the AI dude walks right off the side of the building. :(

I had a hilarious thought, what if lip sync only works correctly above 30 FPS?

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013
Well with the appearance of these videos it is best that I leave this thread until launch day, for my own good.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The leaker's vid me.

Also, them Power Armor animations.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Holy poo poo that power armor in motion :black101:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is there a block on the DVR functionality or why are people using cell phones to record?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

map size

It looks kinda..small?

e: no wait that's me thinking on a skyrim scale, this is good enough

frajaq fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 2, 2015

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

frajaq posted:

map size

It looks kinda..small?

Because you can judge scale from a pip-boy map with no markers.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If you make a morbidly obese J. Fallout, they better be named Creosote. Extra points for wafer thin mints.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

frajaq posted:

map size

It looks kinda..small?

Second half of the game is an underground maze made up of bathtubs and discarded Chuck E Cheese and McDonald's PlayPlace items.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like that apparently they included a classical musical radio station.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

frajaq posted:

map size

It looks kinda..small?

I like that the Pip-Boy menus pop up directly onto the Power Armor's HUD.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Yaos posted:

People whining about gay people, there's an interracial gay couple at the start of the game and you can have jerkily animated sex with any companion. To be fair, the interracial gay couple don't get to the vault so that shows how much Todd "we'll fix it in post" Howard hates the homosexual community.

Spoiler alert for the video. Why would they put the baby and the spouse in the same cryogenic thing? Wouldn't it make more sense for the baby to have his own place to be frozen? When the cryopod is opened the baby could easily be dropped after 210 years 4 months 2 days of sleeping. I bet they never explain it and nobody even mentions the baby until the spouse dies. Speaking of that, why not just tell the spouse there's a problem with the baby and they need to take the baby away for a few minutes and then freeze the spouse? Or if they were going to shoot the spouse, just shoot them the second the door opens instead of trying to take the baby away and then shooting them. Wouldn't it have been spookier if you woke up and found the skeleton of your spouse but no baby so you didn't even know what happened? A bunch of people had to sit down and say it made sense the spouse holds onto the baby in the cryopod, I want to hear their explanation for that.

Do you really think people at Bethesda sat around and actually critically examined their storytelling? I assume a couple of writers get jazzed up on some energy drink and mash some ideas out while they take their morning dumps, take that as the gospel and just fist in the inbetween spots and call it a day. Then they write a few more vwersions of it, one where youre hella rude and then a normal person one and then a clueless one.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Rinkles posted:

Is there a block on the DVR functionality or why are people using cell phones to record?

I think they were uploading from the DVR right to YouTube but their YT accounts got banned

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Do you really think people at Bethesda sat around and actually critically examined their storytelling? I assume a couple of writers get jazzed up on some energy drink and mash some ideas out while they take their morning dumps, take that as the gospel and just fist in the inbetween spots and call it a day. Then they write a few more vwersions of it, one where youre hella rude and then a normal person one and then a clueless one.

Just some energy drink? Have you not heard of the Monster Brew?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Nope, guess I don't have the right perks. Spent all mine on 25% damage increases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I want to play this videogame.

• Locked thread