Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

What does a hotel have to do with music, idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Where do you think people who play music sleep? In national parks? That's actually wrong Ken.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Because there's a few songs on the list here and there that skirt around the edges of the rules (nothing on a major label post-Nevermind is the main rule) I was able to do "He's a Whore" by Cheap Trick to earn my last entry. Went pretty well. Drawing to name the nine challengers in like fifteen minutes.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
You literally know nothing about punk music if you think Green Day sleep on top of el capitan at yosemite national park after every performance. The travel costs would be wildly prohibitive.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CCKeane posted:

What does a hotel have to do with music, idiot.

Neutral Milk Hotel and the Eagles would probably want a word about that.

And The White Stripes, come to think of it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Authorman posted:

Where do you think people who play music sleep? In national parks? That's actually wrong Ken.

Haha yeah right they buy places you don't need a hotel if you can afford an apartment smh.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Baseball.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Yes because lease agreements and security deposits are punk AF. You loving rube. Get a real job.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Authorman posted:

Yes because lease agreements and security deposits are punk AF. You loving rube. Get a real job.

Um nothing is more punk than submitting to a credit check you big dope straight edge punk is a thing.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm in the contest. Oh man, poo poo is getting incredibly real.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Hey you know what is cool taking one small subsection of a scene and then painting the whole scene with that brush. All punks must like to sk8 too just because Avril Lavigne and the other hardcore punks sing about it too.

I guess Intolerance is more than just a 1916 DW Griffith movie about the course of hatred and bigotry throughout the ages created to counter the infamous racism of Griffiths previous movie Birth of a Nation, a movie that promotes the KKK as a righteous organization protecting white virtue during the Civil War.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I think the most punk thing is going to work Monday through Friday and church on Sunday and drinking orange juice and gluten-free breakfasts and watching American Idol while eating potato chips.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Also i am like 90% sure that sea gulls aren't actually real. All those pictures are just lovely ducks and camera tricks.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think the most punk thing is forcing someone else into a box about exactly what they can or can't be, because that is absolutely nothing at all like exactly what the punk movement has been standing against since the beginning.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think the most punk thing is probably a music genre called punk maybe?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yay, Secret Santa!

Hmmm, if you get me, no living things/bugs please. :) Anything handcrafted is cool. Things that I wouldn't think to get for myself are cool. Know that if it's media, I pretty much don't do physical books/music/games anymore, it's all digital. With the exception of board/card games and a few good graphic novels. If you need/want more guidance feel free to have someone prod me.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Survived round one, round two did not go as well, but I came out with the same average score. Let's see if I make it to merge.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

my team won the world series guys

I'm getting drunk

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
which country do oyu root for bottleknight?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

busb posted:

which country do oyu root for bottleknight?

Kansas

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
The world series is an accurate name because all the countries in the world that matter can be in it.

Also Canada for some reason.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
imo the Metropolitans had it coming after murdering the baby bears earlier.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_X9lvNONqI

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Mclusky is loving rad, and maybe I should have picked that in merge.

Round 2 took it from 6 to 3 and I was in second place. Third and fourth tied, though, so round three was a four-way sing-off, and I came in third.

I was admittedly kind of winded by that point, though, so I was just kind of gunning to beat the guy that was most similar to me, because doppelgangers must die. He eventually won, though, flailing through "New Noise" as if his life depended on it.

My picks:

R1 "Estate Sale Sign" by the Mountain Goats
R2 "Papa Won't Leave You, Henry" by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
R3 "It's Gonna Be A Long Night" by Ween

Really, I would have been happy with second place, but now I gotta go through training of fire and kill it next year if it happens again.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

my team won the world series guys

I'm getting drunk

The funny thing is the people that lost are probably doing the same thing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

imo the Metropolitans had it coming after murdering the baby bears earlier.

Yes, they should not have beaten the Cubs. And I am pleased that Murphy didn't do anything in the Series.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
lol

basebore

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why would you wanna watch baseball, seems like something is more of an obligation than anything

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Authorman posted:

The world series is an accurate name because all the countries in the world that matter can be in it.

Also Canada for some reason.

Accurate.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Allen Wren posted:

Round 2 took it from 6 to 3 and I was in second place. Third and fourth tied, though, so round three was a four-way sing-off, and I came in third.

That is pretty good for someone worrying about even making it in. Congrats!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Yes, they should not have beaten the Cubs. And I am pleased that Murphy didn't do anything in the Series.

I don't know if I'd count two huge errors as nothing!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Don't watch baseball, baseball dumb watch football. I mean propet gootball not dumb football. Football is good. So is anasthetic. I think i have a metal plate im my arm. Screw you airport security it ain't going nowh we re

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Royals just buy all the good players with their huge bankroll. That's why they always win, small town teams like the Mets can't compete.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esblJ5Pp_TY

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

Don't watch baseball, baseball dumb watch football. I mean propet gootball not dumb football. Football is good. So is anasthetic. I think i have a metal plate im my arm. Screw you airport security it ain't going nowh we re

As a counter point, baseball is cool and good because you can be very fat and still successful.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Allen Wren posted:

Hanging out and getting extremely anxious about the drawing to get into tonight's karaoke contest.

Hopefully my nerves will even out soon. I do get a chance to do one during the pre-contest open sing to get one more ticket into the drawing bucket. That'll be nine of X where X is a pretty big number.

Also wondering what to actually sing to maximize my chances of winning if I do get in. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If you're able to hit high notes: I believe in a thing called love by The Darkness
If you can't hit high notes but you can belt: Night Moves by Bob Seger
If you can't hit high notes or belt but you can yell and you're funny: Kick Some rear end by Stroke 9
If you can't hit high notes, belt, scream or be funny: idk why you're in a karaoke contest. Pick any of the following: Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne. Santeria by Sublime. Faithfully by Journey. Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper. None of these are particularly hard to sing and you will probably have a few people singing along with you so they will cover up any badness.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

How did you break your wrist?? I've never needed a plate in and I do lots of dumb things

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

As a counter point, baseball is cool and good because you can be very fat and still successful.

then what's your excuse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was wearing a heavy backpack i fell ovr and it got crushed under my pack and my body so close to 125 kilos

This is weird guyd its like i,m awake but slerping at thr same time