Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Super episode 16 was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man I never really noticed before, but Gohan sure is super skinny now in Super.

New episode is really good though. And it looks like the anime will finally introduce Champa next week.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Man I never really noticed before, but Gohan sure is super skinny now in Super.

New episode is really good though. And it looks like the anime will finally introduce Champa next week.

Everyone is way way skinnier in Super/BoG-era. It's a little odd

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Gohan looked fairly beefy in BoG but come RF he looks Adventure Time-esque with his arms. Being a good dad and also a huge science nerd gets in the way of training.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The new dbza is really cool and good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

The new dbza is really cool and good

I didn't think it was very good, they're trying way too hard to be smart, and to callback to earlier gags instead of just being independently funny.

The Goku punch was amazing though, everything about that gag was hilarious

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Vegeta laughing at his son as he's being pummeled was good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The new episode of Super is great. Screw all the fighting. I just want to see the gang in their daily lives.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
A lot of jokes for the new TFS one had me in stitches. The nutshot one was the best, it had actual buildup and payoff.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Goku's smartphone

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

TheKingofSprings posted:

I didn't think it was very good, they're trying way too hard to be smart, and to callback to earlier gags instead of just being independently funny.

The Goku punch was amazing though, everything about that gag was hilarious

I thought the joke about them not trying hard after season 2 was pretty great. I don't know. It made me laugh, which is what is important

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Working on this week's Super...and I'm really not liking Chi-chi's gimmick much any more...I could tolerate her screeching about how Gohan needs to be a scholar instead of a fighter back in Z because that was her kid...and I can even deal with her harping on Goku, since, yeah, apparently he's supposed to be the breadwinner for the family...but her showing up and trying to parent Pan for Gohan just makes me not like the character. Its supposed to be all a big joke "ha ha Chi-chi doesn't like people being professional fighters"...but its just not funny.

EDIT: Wow...it gets even worse! Seriously, she's going to more or less kidnap Pan because she doesn't like Gohan's parenting style.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 2, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
to be fair, i'd react like that if i saw my son dressed up as a creep sparring with some weak dude while Pan's up in the air. But yeah, her not even asking Videl's opinion was pretty bad, and the ending of the episode left a bad taste with her character.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

to be fair, i'd react like that if i saw my son dressed up as a creep sparring with some weak dude while Pan's up in the air. But yeah, her not even asking Videl's opinion was pretty bad, and the ending of the episode left a bad taste with her character.

The Great Saiyaman is not a creep!!

But yeah...Videl makes it really clear that the mock fighting over Pan's affections is just something that Dad and Grandpa do, and Pan is plainly just loving it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

jivjov posted:

Working on this week's Super...and I'm really not liking Chi-chi's gimmick much any more...I could tolerate her screeching about how Gohan needs to be a scholar instead of a fighter back in Z because that was her kid...and I can even deal with her harping on Goku, since, yeah, apparently he's supposed to be the breadwinner for the family...but her showing up and trying to parent Pan for Gohan just makes me not like the character. Its supposed to be all a big joke "ha ha Chi-chi doesn't like people being professional fighters"...but its just not funny.

EDIT: Wow...it gets even worse! Seriously, she's going to more or less kidnap Pan because she doesn't like Gohan's parenting style.

The "joke" behind Chi-Chi is that she's an overly-controlling tiger mom. That's one thing that's been consistent since the beginning of Z.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Neo_Crimson posted:

The "joke" behind Chi-Chi is that she's an overly-controlling tiger mom. That's one thing that's been consistent since the beginning of Z.

Yeah, but it stops being funny and goes straight into "sad and troublesome" when she's meddling in the parenting of not-her-kid.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

jivjov posted:

To be fair Gohan and Satan were throwing the baby all over the place, Saiyan blood or no. And she seemed to be fine with Videl raising Pan however she wants, not just how the manchildren of Goku, Satan, and to a lesser extent Gohan would.

I actually liked how she was shown in this episode, like a total control freak but it seems to be more that she thinks it is her job rather than anything else. Once she loses she just goes 'oh okay welp did my part', like she is still so desperate to fill that role even after all these years.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It was a pretty good one, I liked android 15's drinking problem more then I probably should.

Did they ever actually do the Dr. Wheelo movie?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not yet but that's probably in the works

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Kaiserneko mentioned doing World's Strongest Abridged, but that was like a year ago so who the gently caress knows now.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
...Is it just me, or did this episode have kind of a vaguely classic Dragonball feel? They actually used some of the dynamic between Goku and Bulma.

Though yeah, whilst I get the anime has had this idea about the gag surrounding Chi-Chi... I'm not sure on how far she's taking it. Like, has she just given up on Goten entirely?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Astro Nut posted:

Like, has she just given up on Goten entirely?

I think some of it has to do with the fact Goten looks EXACTLY like his father. Considering the mental space she was in at the time of his birth, she probably felt it was some sign that she should raise him to be like his dad.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well of course Chi-Chi forgot about Goten. He was erased from the timeline.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Can't really blame Chi-Chi that much when she has seemingly no source of income, and her husband pretty much refuses to get an actual job.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Momomo posted:

Can't really blame Chi-Chi that much when she has seemingly no source of income, and her husband pretty much refuses to get an actual job.

I find it hard to believe the ox king's kid isn't 100% used to this.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I hope Goku's work outfit shows up in video games

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
This episode rocked. Police Krillen, impatient Goku and Mr. Satan grandpa of the year.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Kaiserneko mentioned doing World's Strongest Abridged, but that was like a year ago so who the gently caress knows now.

They abridged Dead Zone and World's Strongest before "officially" becoming Team Four Star. If you poke around the internet you can probably still find old copies of those two parodies. Though a bit of warning, they're rougher than even the season 1 episodes.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
People are hoping for a remake of World's Strongest because it loving sucks

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Dangerous Person posted:

People are hoping for a remake of World's Strongest because it loving sucks

World's Strongest is the best movie though?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

VanSandman posted:

World's Strongest is the best movie though?

They mean the Pre-TFS abridged movie of World's Strongest, not the actual film. It's very, very rough.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Momomo posted:

Not like she's working either, at least Goku saves the world every 2 years on average

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Momomo posted:

She just got like a billion dollars and blew it all on baby stuff. Wonder why they don't got any money.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Kild posted:

She just got like a billion dollars and blew it all on baby stuff feeding 3 Saiyans. No wonder they don't got any money.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Is there more of this?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

A lot more.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So, what makes a hat a trucker hat, specifically?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Front part of the cap is a single color, usually white, the rest is that semi transparent mesh whatever, normally with an adjustable strap.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh god I thought it was just the Vegeta one this is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So I'm reading through the manga finally, and I have a question about a particular set of lines.

Are Bulma and Krillin directly talking about General Blue being gay in the original Japanese? I have to wonder if Krillin's line in this translation is some attempt to cover up the, uh, fairly homophobic depiction of Blue as a character.

• Locked thread