Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That was confirmed a while ago though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

A couple new chapters of School Live came out.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gakkou-Gurashi/Gakkou-Gurashi--040----Read-Online?id=245719

There is a new character with huge baps who is good at combat so I doubt she lasts for very long

Also, seems like Ruu might be real after all, if she's being held and riding around on Yuki's shoulders. Or Yuki could just have a large teddy bear on her shoulders, either or

this manga is dumb now and im not reading anymore

coathat
May 21, 2007

Plastic nee-San is so loving good. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tic-Neesan

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Captain Invictus posted:

Did something past the abrupt final chapter come out?
There was a promised final chapter to come out with volume 10, released October 9th

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Did they stop translating this thing? Live-action movie trailer for Boku dake ga inai machi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8yGMBaYE0

Sure looks excite.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Here is a chill manga about an elderly guy going for walks. It also has relatively little dialogue so far baring one chapter.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Taki-Takanosuke-no-Sanpo-Jikan

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
There's another entry in the 'we're students who just crashed on this deserted island and now there are [things] killing us' genre. I already forgot the name of it. It's giant bugs this time and they inject PLEASURE PHEROMONES into you as they eat you, so all the women make That One Face when they get devoured.

Did I miss an actual good comic based on this premise that came and went, giving rise to stuff like this and Cage of Eden? Was LOST big in Japan?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pierson posted:

There's another entry in the 'we're students who just crashed on this deserted island and now there are [things] killing us' genre. I already forgot the name of it. It's giant bugs this time and they inject PLEASURE PHEROMONES into you as they eat you, so all the women make That One Face when they get devoured.

Did I miss an actual good comic based on this premise that came and went, giving rise to stuff like this and Cage of Eden? Was LOST big in Japan?

Haha I saw that comic. That scene was so absurdly unnecessarily gross. I'm usually a big sucker for that sort of premise, but it was just too goofy.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Pierson posted:

Drifting Classroom was from the seventies, so it's hardly a new idea.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Nipponophile posted:

Drifting Classroom was from the seventies, so it's hardly a new idea.
My one abiding memory of that series is the teacher early on who goes ":geno:: please tie me up because I am going insane from this madness" and then starts shanking people immediately, saying ":geno:: i told you so."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What's the ahegao bug manga. If you say terraformars I'll kick yo rear end

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

20th Century Boys

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I just checked my secret source for all the mangas and I think it's Kyochuu Rettou - Giant Bug Archipelago

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
For the love of god, Bambino Secondo :ughh:

It began as a good manga about cooking, now it's a terrible manga about everything except cooking :cripes:

Why do I subject myself to this? :(

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mikl posted:

It began as a good manga about cooking, now it's a terrible manga about everything except cooking :cripes:

AnonSpore posted:

I warned you about Secondo bro

I told you dog

:smith:

e:

AnonSpore posted:

Hi I am the person who scanlated the entirety of Bambino by himself come to tell you Secondo is bad and not to read it

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

dipple posted:

I just checked my secret source for all the mangas and I think it's Kyochuu Rettou - Giant Bug Archipelago

That manga is hosed up!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Mikl posted:

It felt like it almost got back on track when Ban was able to connect and level with the food critic guy after saving his life (I liked those chapters), but the goose chase for this mysterious awesome service guy has been dragging out so much and I hate it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Its sad because I really like the artwork in it and it just seems wasted at this point.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I was about ready to come here and say exactly that.

Did the mangaka just run the gently caress out of steam or did he have a separate writer he didn't tell anyone about that did the first part of the series and that guy left or something?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dipple posted:

Hachi Machi

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Crosspostin from the Vinland Saga / historical manga thread because it was awesome.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And I'm gonna unthumbnail it

coathat
May 21, 2007

That's a stupid picture.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what are some good seinen battle manga that aren't by satoshi mizukami or tetsuya saruwatari or feature humanoid cockroaches

maybe something like kingdom that is just brutal fights all the time

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
All Rounder Meguru? Do MMA fights count as "battle manga"?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they're sports manga imo but i've read that anyway

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword isn't actually seinen because it's a webmanga, but I'd say it's seinen-ish and it's got some pretty good combat in it.

Immortal Hounds is pretty stupid (in a way that you may or may not enjoy), but it does have a shitload of over-the-top violence.

Vagabond is about the life and times of Miyamoto Musashi by the author of Slam Dunk; the art is incredible and personally it's one of my favorite manga.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Holyland comes to mind thinking of seinen manga with a good amount of fighting

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i suppose i should say if its regularly recommended in adtrw i've probably read it i guess. i'm just after something i might not have read

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

coathat posted:

That's a stupid picture.
It is unfortunate you're unable to enjoy things and have to make it known every single time, Coathat.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Your last option is to make your own cool battle manga

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

Your last option is to make your own cool battle manga

i'm really bad at drawing but Psyren being in a seinen manga and having brutal fights like it should have done and wasn't able to in a shounen manga would be good

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

It is unfortunate you're unable to enjoy things and have to make it known every single time, Coathat.

coathat reads and finds lots of cool comics and i love coathat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Jose posted:

what are some good seinen battle manga that aren't by satoshi mizukami or tetsuya saruwatari or feature humanoid cockroaches

maybe something like kingdom that is just brutal fights all the time

Blade of the Immortal.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
If you count gunfights as battle, Gunsmith Cats is pretty good. Just stay away from Gunsmith Cats Burst.

Or maybe read that too if you've finished the original run and still want more. It's just not as good.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm gonna kiss coathat.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Been a while, but there were two new chapters of And Still The Town Turns.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Any recommendations for stuff similar to All-Rounder Meguru and Teppuu? I really like the more down-to-earth stories about daily training and competitions and stuff. Doesn't have to be about MMA though. Martial arts, yoga, running--any sort of manga about people just doing their thing like that really appeals to me.

Yawara and Stretch totally count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Rock and Roll Ricky