Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Zogo posted:

What happened?

Haha nothing, I'm just poking fun at some of the overreactions that this thread has. I've never really found Maher funny, and actually have always found him kinda annoying, except New Rules usually gets a chuckle out of me. Really I watch this show mostly to listen to the panel and in spite of Maher, but I don't actually get upset or anything about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I believe Gravel is currently busy overseeing a medical marijuana outfit---dunno what Kucinich is up to of any good.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

ExiledTinkerer posted:

I believe Gravel is currently busy overseeing a medical marijuana outfit---dunno what Kucinich is up to of any good.

It's too bad CNN didn't hire him and have one of those open invitations just to talk at the debates this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PU9Lm6V1rc

Poetic Justice posted:

Haha nothing, I'm just poking fun at some of the overreactions that this thread has. I've never really found Maher funny, and actually have always found him kinda annoying, except New Rules usually gets a chuckle out of me. Really I watch this show mostly to listen to the panel and in spite of Maher, but I don't actually get upset or anything about him.

:lol: I should try that sometime.

That's it Maher has stepped over the line for the last time!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Heh, CNN and MSNBC, alongside all the rest really, absolutely wanted nothing to do with Gravel while and after the 2008 debates---even Kucinich at least got a few talking head bits prior to his (brief?) mysterious stint as a Democratic contributor on FOX news before his absolute disappearance in modern times. If nothing else, I really don't get why Kucinich at least hasn't become something of a recurring character on Real Time, as he had far more appearances than Gravel---though Maher himself managed to forget Gravel unusually quickly despite having him on with a substantial level of enthusiasm back when it was all going down. Gravel's indignation towards G.E., among the many others, probably had lots to do with this right in line with him being about as anti-establishment as they could get---the whole thing where Sanders constantly gets compared with Ron Paul remains super weird to me considering.

That said, for ratings, you'd at least think they'd try to get him on the general circuit a few times with Ellsberg when all the Leaks started to kick up a storm---but even with that they only got the latter at best.

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama
So now Maher says gays are beloved by everyone. But while talking to David Spade came to the conclusion that men who date young women are the last taboo.

Unless if there has been a rash of hate crimes against older men dating young women, he has once again proven that he is losing his loving mind.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
I really enjoyed David Spade's appearance. His line about usually being the 5th smartest person in the room killed.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Gimmedaroot posted:

So now Maher says gays are beloved by everyone. But while talking to David Spade came to the conclusion that men who date young women are the last taboo.

Unless if there has been a rash of hate crimes against older men dating young women, he has once again proven that he is losing his loving mind.

I'm not sure whether you misunderstand hyperbole, or that there are several degrees of stigma. He was saying that among accepting people, that he hasn't seen that particular choice be accepted.

If we're only going to talk about the worst, when are we supposed to talk about anything else?

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Moreso, this week continued the trend of Maher entirely missing the point and not digging at all deep enough when it comes to seemingly any story of late involving bad things happening involving kids at school---that and Norquist being a waste of space, of course.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bill's transformation into a crazy old codger appears to be approaching completion. We get at least a 15 minute rant about Kids These Days every episode at this point.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Maybe I missed some news last week, but the final new rule was pretty much "buzzfeed did a thing so grrrrr PC run amuck!".

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Everything about Anthony Weiner is loving gross. That laugh and smile of his. :stonklol:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
gently caress David Frum.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
This latest thing that Sanders isn't Pure Tribe enough to deserve even a "real" shot at the nomination is pretty amusing---especially coming from Weiner who comes juuust short of connecting the dots on, "Well, he's actually been right on the main things that are theoretically what the Democrats are supposed to be all about versus the actuality of the horrendous mistakes we've often signed onto enthusiastically---but No!"

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Anthony Weiner is such a creep and it is really a shame because he was a good fighter for our side.

Why is he back in the limelight though? I mean, I figured he'd be done with being on camera after his scandal. Then again, Spitzer shows up on Real Time a lot so...

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
There were a few gems in this last episode, specifically Bill's point about how Ohio's lost vote would have been a short jump to "roundup ready joints" and a reminder that once again, so many liberals don't get up and vote for the things they've always whined about.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Quentin Tarantino needs to hit the gym. Holy gently caress.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I realized today that bill maher is pretty much the only thing I watch in the tv package that includes hbo.

I don't know that I can justify it.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Just threw out all my tv's and cancelled my entire satellite connection because gently caress this show, gently caress HBO, and gently caress Bill Maher especially. Unbelievable the garbage he spouts every week.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Slightly Toasted posted:

I realized today that bill maher is pretty much the only thing I watch in the tv package that includes hbo.

I know its been said before, but check out Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. That show should not be as good as it is and is worth the HBO subscription by itself.

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama

Super Deuce posted:

I'm not sure whether you misunderstand hyperbole, or that there are several degrees of stigma. He was saying that among accepting people, that he hasn't seen that particular choice be accepted.

If we're only going to talk about the worst, when are we supposed to talk about anything else?

I'm not sure if you actually heard what he said or watch Bill Maher on a regular basis.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Poetic Justice posted:

Just threw out all my tv's and cancelled my entire satellite connection because gently caress this show, gently caress HBO, and gently caress Bill Maher especially. Unbelievable the garbage he spouts every week.

But how are you going to watch Game Of Thrones?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Slightly Toasted posted:

How is this possible? Of all the things currently on HBO Bill Maher is probably the worst.

Besides John Oliver there is the Vice documentary series which has been fantastic (and Bill Maher is a producer if you're that much of a fan) and all the excellent shows. Like... check out The Leftovers if you're at all interested in dramas but put off by Game of Thrones.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If you're a subscriber then I believe that gives you access to HBO Go as well and their huge backlog of material.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Is this show live tonight?

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

God I hope so.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Animal-Mother posted:

You missed nothing. Jay Leno steps all over the scripted bit with a lame joke.

Paul Reiser looks increasingly like Robert Blake. Also still nowhere near as funny as Robert Blake.

Girbot
Jan 13, 2009

comes along bort posted:

I had to check the URL because I figured it'd be cheap and trivial enough for someone on the Internet to link it to Carson's campaign site.

Wasn't too surprised to see where it actually redirected.

http://blackliesmatter.com

EDIT: Guess I should add the link is safe for work as long as you aren't worried about your employer thinking you're a conspiracy theorist. It links to InfoWars

Girbot fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 14, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Poetic Justice posted:

I feel like Bill Maher would be a lot better if someone else was doing his bit.

comes along bort posted:

Paul Reiser looks increasingly like Robert Blake. Also still nowhere near as funny as Robert Blake.

Leno was bad.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The feminist Muslim lady was in a strange way by the time OT was done---on the one hand, a full expectation of praise for making, of all things, an online petition...on Maher's show...and then getting greedy in OT with a, "Well, release the "innocents"(maximum underlying subtext velocity) at Guantanamo...I guess~"

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Bill's opening last night was pitifully hollow. Making some lame jokes and bragging about striking down Jihadi John in the midst of the Paris attack. It captured the futility and idiocy of the drone program perfectly. I wish the liberal media would stop bragging about these piddly drone strikes against people like it matters. It's not impressive and makes them look like a bunch of fools. How many more people can we vaporize from the sky to no avail? We're not Zeus.

Obama saying ISIS was contained yesterday morning was a colossal political gaffe. His language has always been oddly reserved. ISIL calls Obama "the dog of Rome" and he basically retorts with "JV team...not actually Kobe Bryant.*"

He talks about constraining ISIL and it reminds me of when Clinton launched tons of Cruise missiles in the late 90s. Democrats want war without war to a degree that's even more absurd than modern Republicans.

*When Kobe was actually a good player.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 14, 2015

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

ApexAftermath posted:

God I hope so.

Bill spent about 4 seconds on Paris, then awhile patting his own back about being islamaphobic and the rest was Jay loving Leno being comedy cancer constantly interjecting his bland verbal cholera and Bill bro-ing out with him and that guy who sucked on that lovely sitcom Mad About You 20 years ago.

The former MSNBC guy had some good points but got shut down.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
They have a week to write, rehearse and prepare the show. The attacks happened hours before a live broadcast. No way they could've scrapped everything and rewrote the show to completely focus on Paris.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Did anybody see Bill Maher on Colbert recently? That was... interesting. From both of them.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Bill has lost his mind. poor fella.

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
Maher is going to vote for Trump because his hatred for Muslims has absorbed the rest of his mind and having Muslims put in camps to be reeducated gets him hard.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
There's no denying that Islam places pretty high on the Shittiest Religions list.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Mostly Lurking posted:

Maher is going to vote for Trump because his hatred for Muslims has absorbed the rest of his mind and having Muslims put in camps to be reeducated gets him hard.

Why is it bad to hate Islam? I don't get it.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Mostly Lurking posted:

You are a very ignorant & stupid person. :buddy:

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008

Immortan posted:

You are a very ignorant & stupid person. :buddy:

It was tongue in cheek because Maher's views on muslims are more aligned with Trump than liberals (which is why he cries about 'those drat liberals' whenever muslims are brought up). :buddy:

Super Deuce posted:

Why is it bad to hate Islam? I don't get it.

I'd say it's better to hate the dumb things said in the quran than the entire religion itself just like any other religion seeing how most do including those that practice it. But what Bill Maher and the rest of the New Atheists are doing is focusing on the violence in certain regions and applying it to all regions with muslims while ignoring all other variables (Can't exactly divorce economic power from what's going on) that push violence and saying, "there, do you see!? Islam, I told you!" All while ignoring all regions that are not the focus on this "War on Terror."

He at least wants less bombing going on so that's better than what's going on now, but he's still playing the West vs Islam card and that isn't helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I can't believe they're so hard up for conservative guests they had to drag in Ben Domenech.

e: Chrystia Freeland unfortunately sounds like every freshman having a family dinner argument with her drunk tea partier uncle.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 21, 2015