Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Davos posted:

Usually by then you can get some idea of quality via reviews and initial impressions, pre-ordering is basically a show of faith for the quality of the product.

At Day 1...
There's also only so much you can get from reviews and initial impressions, especially with longer games.

And "blind faith" is kinda obvious when it comes to sequels and serieses whose past releases you've already enjoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Inverness posted:

Full perk chart with ranks:
Gun bashing and perks that improve gun bashing? Max hype.

MAX HYPE.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

pirate crew representing

I need to see if I can even play this on my lovely PC dammit, rip demos

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

I compliment the game when it has something good and make fun of it when it has something bad. If I'm making fun of it a lot, it must follow that they're doing a lot of bad things.

Yes, yes, you're coming at this from a totally neutral perspective.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

frajaq posted:

pirate crew representing

I need to see if I can even play this on my lovely PC dammit, rip demos
i'm pretty sure it'll run fine on processors down to like core 2 quads and athlon IIs, most specs lists are inflated these days as opposed to deflated as they were 15 years ago

also for the next elder scrolls game I hope bethesda gets Arkane programmers to do worthwhile melee combat

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 2, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol at people loving complaining that a fallout game looks like fallout. enjoy your VATS and dolls and retarded decap animations, this is what the game has always been and I can't wait to construct a murder house and turn this into Tower Defense with beep boop robots

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I wonder how many special-based dialogue checks there will be? I like being a sneaky sniper but if I can't have either the cha/int to pass the rare dialogue check, that makes my tiny sperg ganglion very cross.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Magmarashi posted:

HATE POSTS

Launch thread title right here.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Boogaleeboo posted:

Truly the most brutal of all mods.

HATE MODS

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Synth Problems??

*is shot in the back* *head explode*

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

frajaq posted:

Synth Problems??

A+

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

7c Nickel posted:

Yes, yes, you're coming at this from a totally neutral perspective.

Why? I heard the lead artist failed college twice. Might not be true, but it certainly would explain a lot. How is that biased?

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Do you seriously not understand how spreading negative rumors about a dev shows bias?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Davos posted:

Do you seriously not understand how spreading negative rumors about a dev shows bias?

Maybe he shouldn't have failed twice if he didn't want to get slagged off about it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Watch Piper get destroyed by a super mutant

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Maybe he failed because of health problems and not because he was bad

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Yea, maybe people should shut the gently caress up about the educational troubles of the lead artist, which has no bearing on anything. Have people really been complaining about the art anyway? It seems like the art is one of the bigger improvements over 3 and even New Vegas, the world looks a lot more alive and the weapon designs are quite sweet I think.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

frajaq posted:

Synth Problems??

I like the splash sound.

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer
If you know more about video game Dev's and random internet people than your neighbors you have a problem.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I hope this game leads to a new fetish where people are aroused by that bulgy wad of flesh on goon forearms from the PipBoys are too tight and the lines cut into their skin when they take it off.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Super mutant: "HATE REPORTERS"

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

frajaq posted:

Synth Problems??

My god, the jank is back and jankier than ever before.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Alright just keep refreshing this page since he seems to be making short video after short video.

With that said, what the gently caress is this monster, some aquatic behemoth or something?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

gently caress... this sound design is amazing. Can't wait. When you hear that single typewriter key ring out when the massive attack instantly kills his companion... just epic. Wow.

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA

Die Laughing posted:

Best part of the game coming out is that I won't feel compelled to read this thread anymore.

I know it's been a long time since Oblivion, but these type of open world RPGs still blows my mind. Wasteland scrapyard simulator is going to be an amazing experience.

I keep coming back for the hundreds of new posts every day because it helps the next 7 days seem shorter by pretending this game will be anything but awesome.

I'm sure the animations and graphics will bother me to no end by hour 200. But then again I enjoyed sneaking through the DC metro while exploding ghoul heads with well placed rifle shots so what do I know.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

SunAndSpring posted:

Why? I heard the lead artist failed college twice. Might not be true, but it certainly would explain a lot. How is that biased?

Oh, I remember this one:

I think that quote is in that mess somewhere. Oh right, below kid Butch.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 2, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Oh, I remember this one:

Hmm, good points, but that guy appears to be really salty about everything.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, we made fun of him back when that was first posted on these forums, back around before New Vegas was announced.

It did remind me, I never finished Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Probably look into that instead of bothering with Fallout 4.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

As far as major studios go, is Bethesda the worst at making decent character model and facial animation?

Half-Life 2 came out 11 years ago this month, and it shouldn't be acceptable that the animation looks so much better than Fallout 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVqYDiptkXU

Mordaedil posted:

It did remind me, I never finished Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Probably look into that instead of bothering with Fallout 4.
I bought this because it came Goon Recommended - it's probably as janky as Fallout and requires a plethora of mods to fix it.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Mordaedil posted:

Oh, I remember this one:

I think that quote is in that mess somewhere. Oh right, below kid Butch.
I like that this picture originated on 4chan, the place where half of every Fallout 3 thread was people asking for links to japanese nude children mods

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I do agree that the lack of voice actors has always been the weirdest thing about these games, it's all kinds of jarring especially if the person has a very obvious accent as was often the case in Skyrim.

Now I don't expect every NPC to have their own voice actor or anything but I do wonder if all the old men in FO4 are still voiced by the same guy who voiced all the old men in FO3 as I definitely remember hearing him voicing the guy at the door in the beginning.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Yeah, we made fun of him back when that was first posted on these forums, back around before New Vegas was announced.

Be sure to get the Wesp5 patch and don't dump combat skills as you'll need them once the game gets to the dreaded sewer level.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

still my favorite F3 pic

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

AlternateAccount posted:

I hope this game leads to a new fetish where people are aroused by that bulgy wad of flesh on goon forearms from the PipBoys are too tight and the lines cut into their skin when they take it off.

Lol this. Forever this.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Crabtree posted:

I feel bad about the people that wanted to run a gay character, but if it can't happen in the base game I'm sure a mod will have you covered ASAP.

Probably not. And who cares. Boone and your PC are just friends.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Game looks amazing.

I'm really excited though since it looks like Fallout 5 will be in Des Moines and it'll occur much earlier and closer to the nuclear blasts with more to scavenge, but less built up "post apoc" areas. Midwest wins again!

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Baller Time posted:

I like that this picture originated on 4chan, the place where half of every Fallout 3 thread was people asking for links to japanese nude children mods

Cool unsubstantiated claim. Unfortunately it doesn't make the points the image is making untrue.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

AlternateAccount posted:

My god, the jank is back and jankier than ever before.

These games are known for janky bullshit. I can punch people so hard their arms and legs tear off. I can shoot your head so that rather than going through your skull, you're totally decapitated.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

strong bird posted:

Cool unsubstantiated claim. Unfortunately it doesn't make the points the image is making untrue.

It's still an insane manifesto about a video game that the author probably logged hundreds of hours playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The game will probably be fun but there are design choices I just find baffling and I'm hoping mods will fix. Same as every Bethesda game really. Having said that, this back and forth shitflinging is stupid anyway. You've got people determined to hate the game no matter what because they still have a hateboner that Troika never got the series on one hand and on the other you've got people deliberately deluding themselves in saying the animations and certain graphical aspects look amazing when they look janky as hell and a AAA developer really should know better in this day and age.

I just know when the game comes out there will be two groups, one who thinks it's game of the century until the honeymoon period ends and then they start getting more critical of the game, as the same people did with every Bethesda game since Oblivion and those who think it's worse than E.T. for the Atari 2600 and completely forget the game existed after a month or two.

• Locked thread