Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Craig is there anything I can trade you for dimaggio before the gauntlet starts and you risk death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

cbx posted:

The Wolverines are looking to trade off several players for reasonable offers, but would prioritize certain specific players.

What I'm offering: a prime Barry Larkin, Roger Maris, and Nap Lajoie as well as most of my pitching.

What I'm looking for: a Charlie Gehringer of a decent age, a decent #3 range SP, a Lou Whitaker, and draft picks.

I'm also open to trading my Ty Cobb and Old Hoss Radbourn, but the offer would need to be excellent. Babe Ruth and Jimmie Foxx are off the table.

How excellent are we talking for Cobb? I don't have either of the specific players you mentioned, but I could give you a Jimmie Foxx who's young enough to play C/3B decently, '63 Jim Kaat (low-#2/high-#3 pitcher) and my 2nd round SD pick next season (who knows!)

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

FairGame posted:

Craig is there anything I can trade you for dimaggio before the gauntlet starts and you risk death

what sort of players do you think dimaggio is worth

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The Kobe Crows are looking for a new #3 type pitcher. Please help the crows rotation.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I guess if everyone else is shopping their superstars, the RCMP can make 1990 Ken Oberkfell available.

edit: And I have to move one of 33yr old Ed Delahanty or 27yr old Al Simmons. Either for a startable left handed outfielder or in a package for a left handed upgrade at a different position.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

As a first matter, Cy Young is a better pitcher than Babe Ruth.

Just so I don't go down as the guy who thought Babe Ruth was a better pitcher than Cy Young, just want to clarify that I thought maybe there was a chance Ruth would be comparable to a 36yr old Cy Young at the end of a long season. You're right, though, if Ruth got lit up early and then I lost him to a reliever it would be an absolute disaster.

DannoMack fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 2, 2015

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Upstate could use a better third baseman than Eddie Matthews.

http://bit.ly/1Q0CGP9

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

CraigK posted:

what sort of players do you think dimaggio is worth

It's a baby dimaggio, so something akin to like late 3rd round/early 4th. Problem is, while I ahave plenty of that level of inspired mediocrity, I don't have it at any position that'd improve your team. I have no idea why the scientists have performed so poorly the last two seasons. And I can't trade for a pick and offer it to you since if you're gauntleted the pick is useless.

Unless you want Clemens for both dimaggio and an Edgar, but Clemens seems just as volatile as those two.

Good luck in the gauntlet. This is a good team.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

FairGame posted:

It's a baby dimaggio, so something akin to like late 3rd round/early 4th. Problem is, while I ahave plenty of that level of inspired mediocrity, I don't have it at any position that'd improve your team. I have no idea why the scientists have performed so poorly the last two seasons. And I can't trade for a pick and offer it to you since if you're gauntleted the pick is useless.

Unless you want Clemens for both dimaggio and an Edgar, but Clemens seems just as volatile as those two.

Good luck in the gauntlet. This is a good team.

eh i'm against trading a pick that i'm probably not going to get to use (since i am not beet) for an actual player. i'll think about it if miracles occur and i survive

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
The Commission would love to obtain that 42 year old Cy Young from whichever EC team it was that took him.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Pash posted:

The Commission would love to obtain that 42 year old Cy Young from whichever EC team it was that took him.

The Commission need to think about what the gently caress they're doing, then.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Gauntlet Roster

Lineups:
vs. R
1964 Mickey Mantle, CF
1918 Babe Ruth, RF
1996 Tony Gwynn, LF
1970 Harmon Killebrew, DH
1982 Lou Whitaker, 2B
1996 Ken Caminiti, 3B
1999 Carlos Delgado, 1B
1982 Alan Trammell, SS
1978 Brian Downing, C

vs. L
1964 Mickey Mantle, CF
1918 Babe Ruth, RF
1996 Tony Gwynn, LF
1970 Harmon Killebrew, DH
1982 Lou Whitaker, 2B
1982 Alan Trammell, SS
1999 Carlos Delgado, 1B
1996 Ken Caminiti, 3B
1978 Brian Downing, C

Bench
1982 Kirk Gibson
1982 Chet Lemon
1982 John Wockenfuss
1982 Howard Johnson

Pitching Rotation:
1903 Addie Joss
1891 Silver King
1920 Eppa Rixey
1999 Roy Halladay
1982 Jack Morris

Relievers:
CL 1996 Trevor Hoffman
SU 2000 Joe Nathan
1999 Graeme Lloyd
1920 Lee Meadows
1996 Tim Worrell
1999 Chris Carpenter

Minors:
1973 George Scott
1973 Dave May
1982 Dave Rozema
1982 Lance Parrish
1996 Steve Finley
1996 Rickey Henderson
1999 David Wells

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)

Hit and Run: -2
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: -4
Trying for extra bases: -1
Stealing Bases: 0
Aggressively Tagging Up: 0
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): -2
Giving Intentional Walks: -3
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -2
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: +3
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +1
Bringing in Pinch Runners: +3
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +3
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: +2
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: +2
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +2

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Today, in "things Mornacale is going to regret soon"...

Genoa Janus receive 1919 Tyrus Cobb, 1902 John McGraw, 2012 Sergio Romo

Communist Llamas receive 1915 George Ruth

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Mornacale posted:

Today, in "things Mornacale is going to regret soon"...

Genoa Janus receive 1919 Tyrus Cobb, 1902 John McGraw, 2012 Sergio Romo

Communist Llamas receive 1915 George Ruth

glorious communism accepts trade

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
oh right strategies for the Scientists

Hit And Run -4
Sac Bunts -4
Squeeze Play -4
Extra Bases -4
Steal Bases -4
Tag Up -2
Pitchout -1
Intentional Walks -2
Pitch Around -2
Infield In +2
Guard Lines 0
Pinch Hit -5
Pinch Run -5
Defensive Replacements -5
Start on Short Rest -4
Pitch Through Trouble +2
High Pitch Counts +3

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
:siren: Updated Janus trading block :siren:

Has:
- 1977 Brian Downing - a legitimate starting C or a good backup
- 1948 Enos Slaughter - cool corner OF
- 1985 Bert Blyleven - he <3s to fart
- various backup OFs & pitchers, check my spreadsheet

Wants:
- strikeout RHPs, either elite dudes like Pedro Martinez or interesting ones like Matt Harvey (hi ZenVulgarity)
- one or two cool deadball LHPs
- aging up Wally Schang to prime age
- aging down Ty Cobb to prime age, or upgrading him to a good-age Tris Speaker
- rad as heck relievers

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 2, 2015

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Mornacale posted:

- strikeout RHPs, either elite dudes like Pedro Martinez or interesting ones like Matt Harvey (hi ZenVulgarity)

I should point out that a lot of the younger players from the 2015 Mets are going to require a bit of work from the guy running the league to be usable. And if you're asking me to make them into good players that will keep your team alive, well, you are assuming a risk.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

speculative jacob degrom

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Postseason Pick 'em

I need someone to run the pick 'em and also explain the rules, since I've mostly forgotten them.

In the meantime, EC OWNERS AND EC OWNERS ONLY! It's time to play a special postseason pick 'em to win a sandwich pick in the dispersal draft!

Wildcard Round
PICK THE WINNERS!

Dynamo League Wildcard Game
Slaughterhouse Nine @ RCMP

Smasher League Wildcard Game
Minnesota Commission @ Oklahoma City Bombers

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Postseason Pick 'em

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'll do it, naturally, since I have the rulepost queued up already.

Monathin posted:

Welcome, Expansion Cup Teams... to POST-SEASON/PLAYOFF PICK'EM!

This is eligible only to the rookie teams coming in this season, which means one of you lucky teams will get a sandwich pick, and all you have to do is aim at a dartboard!*may or may not be easier than aiming at a dartboard, depending on hand-eye coordination

There are two stages to the Post-Season Pick'Em.

Stage 1: Gauntlet Pick'Em

In each Gauntlet round, four teams enter, and two teams leave. In order to score points in the Gauntlet Stage, you must correctly pick who advances to the next round. It does not matter what order you put them in, so long as they survive! For each correct Gauntlet pick you make, you will earn TWO POINTS, for a total of four for any given Gauntlet round.

Stage 2: Playoffs Pick'Em

:frogsiren:THE PLAYOFFS STAGE IS THE ONE THAT'S REALLY CONFUSING SO LISTEN UP:frogsiren:

For each playoff series, you will pick three things. The winner of the series, the number of games, and the final score. Your scoring is determined by how many of these you get right.

• If you correctly guess the winner of the series, you get one point.
  • If you correctly guess the number of games (best of 5 for Divisional Series, best of 7 for Championships), you earn three points, BUT you must have correctly guessed the winner of the series!
  • If you, by some manner of sorcery, witchcraft, or miscellaneous thaumaturgy, guess the final score, you will earn 10 points. This will almost guarantee you a Sandwich Pick by itself! However, much like the number of games you must have correctly guessed the series winner to get these points!
  • If you are within one run of either team's final score (Say you pick the final score to be 5-2, and the final score is 6-1), then you will get a consolation four points for coming close to the final score. One more time, everyone: Points only available if you correctly pick the series winner!
  • The total number of points you can get for any playoff series is fourteen.
  • Wildcard Games, since you only pick the winner, are only worth two points

I'll be keeping track of Post-Season Pick'Em in lieu of Fairgame this year, expect me to make a few mistakes and miss picks. Feel free to call me out on being a dumbass for this, though!

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Monicro posted:

How excellent are we talking for Cobb? I don't have either of the specific players you mentioned, but I could give you a Jimmie Foxx who's young enough to play C/3B decently, '63 Jim Kaat (low-#2/high-#3 pitcher) and my 2nd round SD pick next season (who knows!)

I already have a prime Foxx and I'm not secretly factorialite, looking to anger Smasher by running the quadFoxx in the Super League, so that's already a no go. Kaat is interesting but isn't enough on his own or with a pick to get a prime Cobb. Sorry.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Playoff Roster

Lineup vs RHP:

1. Tris Speaker CF
2. George Brett 3B
3. Lou Gehrig 1B
4. Alex Rodriguez SS
5. Nap Lajoie 2B
6. HONK HONK LF
7. Sam Rice RF
8. Dick Dietz C
P

Lineup vs LHP:

1. Tris Speaker CF
2. George Brett 3B
3. Gary Sheffield 1B
4. Alex Rodriguez SS
5. Nap Lajoie 2B
6. HONK HONK LF
7. Willie Mays RF
8. Dick Dietz C
P

Bench (vs RHP):

C: Orbit
1B: Sheffield
1B: Joe Judge (boot McCovey)
IF: Buddy Myer
IF: Ossie Bluege
OF: Willie Mays

Pitching:

SP Juan Marichal
SP Experienced Johnson
SP Young Johnson
SP Gaylord Perry

CL: Quisenberry
SU: Cain
SR: FIRPO
SR: Coveleski
MR: Wilson
LR: Saberhagen
MU: Cone

Strategies:

Trying for Extra Bases to +2
Tagging up to +2
Cutoff Throws to -1
Pitching Through Trouble to +3
High Pitch Counts to +3

:gifttank::boom::goku: etc etc

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Mooseontheloose
DivineCoffeeBinge
kensei
DOOP
GVOLTT
kw0134
LegendInTheMakin
The Goog
EclecticTastes
Beckett
ZenVulgarity
Yaya

You should read this post if you want to win free stuff!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Ice To Meet You posted:

Mooseontheloose
DivineCoffeeBinge
kensei
DOOP
GVOLTT
kw0134
LegendInTheMakin
The Goog
EclecticTastes
Beckett
ZenVulgarity
Yaya

You should read this post if you want to win free stuff!

In my first season I won, and netted a 2007 Albert pujols, who hit like RL pujols in the Super-League. So it's worth going for!

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

cbx posted:

I already have a prime Foxx and I'm not secretly factorialite, looking to anger Smasher by running the quadFoxx in the Super League, so that's already a no go. Kaat is interesting but isn't enough on his own or with a pick to get a prime Cobb. Sorry.

Fairgame is already trying to assemble a Quad-Heilmann (not to mention the coldplayers' rotation's time in the mark bellhorn), nobody cares!

Alternatively if you're deadset against Foxx (which you really shouldn't be like I said), I could replace him with both members of my 2B platoon since you seem to be looking for one. Grandpa Eddie Collins and Billy Herman, who combined for a .305/.350/10 Stolen Bases line this season

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Monicro posted:

Fairgame is already trying to assemble a Quad-Heilmann (not to mention the coldplayers' rotation's time in the mark bellhorn), nobody cares!

Alternatively if you're deadset against Foxx (which you really shouldn't be like I said), I could replace him with both members of my 2B platoon since you seem to be looking for one. Grandpa Eddie Collins and Billy Herman, who combined for a .305/.350/10 Stolen Bases line this season

I'd like your Foxx if that's a thing that can happen.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

FairGame posted:

I'd like your Foxx if that's a thing that can happen.

Hi FairGame, I also have a Jimmie Foxx that I would be willing to trade, what are you offering?

e: Come on IRC if you can, I'm gonna be on for a bit, and I have to annoy Monicro by finding a trade partner for my Jimmie Foxx before he does.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 2, 2015

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Monicro posted:

I don't have a need or want for another Foxx though. I have a prime year Foxx at 1B/C, and he doesn't put up superstar numbers in my park with my players, so doubling down isn't a good idea.

I'm also only looking for Tigers 2B, which is why I mentioned Charlie and Lou.

Also, factorialite never ran a quad Heilmann. He did run a quadFoxx, and Smasher hated him. I do not wish to run afoul of Smasher. Besides, I know all about Heilmann, I'm the first one who gave him playing time in this league. 😊

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I'd be much worried that your pitching staff would hate you for running a multi-Foxx than that Smasher would.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

cbx posted:

I don't have a need or want for another Foxx though. I have a prime year Foxx at 1B/C, and he doesn't put up superstar numbers in my park with my players, so doubling down isn't a good idea.

I'm also only looking for Tigers 2B, which is why I mentioned Charlie and Lou.

Also, factorialite never ran a quad Heilmann. He did run a quadFoxx, and Smasher hated him. I do not wish to run afoul of Smasher. Besides, I know all about Heilmann, I'm the first one who gave him playing time in this league. 😊

I have a Whitaker, but I don't really have a backup for him, so I'm not sure there's a deal we could make right now. If I survive the gauntlet and you're still looking though, remind me to try to figure something out

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

blackmongoose posted:

I have a Whitaker, but I don't really have a backup for him, so I'm not sure there's a deal we could make right now. If I survive the gauntlet and you're still looking though, remind me to try to figure something out

What year? I would definitely send Nap Lajoie for a prime or near prime Whitaker.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

cbx posted:

What year? I would definitely send Nap Lajoie for a prime or near prime Whitaker.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Postseason Pick 'Em

Wildcard Round
PICK THE WINNERS!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
EclecticTastes, hop on IRC if you get a chance

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Yeah, I doubt anyone is going to offer an 85-87 version of him any time soon. 25 years old is pretty good. Are you interested in my Lajoie for him? I also have a Robinson Cano, but he's really just a backup.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Armitage, I can't get onto IRC so I'll just put the framework of a deal down and maybe we can figure it out here.

Here's my spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YmNcLoobZi1-x5i8s6TtMXERywzs6VVVZc89ZqzWbLI/edit#gid=1

I'm looking to get Alomar, Edgar, and Vaughan from you.

In return, I offer 1 Heilmann of your choosing, Cronin, and your choice of a side piece (perhaps two depending on who they are) from my roster. I am already starting Jimmie Foxx at C, and I cannot give up any pitchers other than a lottery ticket like Scott Williamson, so the extra piece would have to be an infielder or outfielder.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Kobe Crows send

1999 Mike Mussina
1948 Ted Wilks

Oventje Decroux send

1961 Juan Marichal

:getin:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Just so everyone knows, BagOfDucks literally said "post an offer and i'll accept it" and hulkamatt posted that. do with that information as you will

e: actually i forgot thats a baby marichal so maybe its not *the* worst thing of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

look i could have said ed walsh but i don't want to be a real shithead, and am going for something not....completely gently caress you to the league.