Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Marder translates to Marauder. Just sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
jesus h christ what the gently caress is going on in this thread of internet tanks

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Agrajag posted:

jesus h christ what the gently caress is going on in this thread of internet tanks

Nothing much, just Zombuh Lenin doubling down on being wrong like usual.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
No war but the etymology war.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Not that I still play this game after that tantrum I had earlier in the thread, but got HT-12 for the T28 HC just now in a T1 heavy of all things. Failed to get it in the kv-220 after a few few tries and had just given up on it, assumed I'd get it with luck in the IS-3 at some point.

Two teams of not great players, got high caliber from fighting five tanks tier 5's around the corner of a building. Dodged all the shots from the O-I exp, wasn't sure how I blocked twice my health when the only things which I really blocked were a T-28 and a Pz IV.

Turns out the Pz IV was shooting AP with the derp gun. Blocked 1050 damage from it alone.

Died a bit inside I think. Still, gently caress HT-12 forever, can't wait til it comes round again.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So there's a missions series on the NA server - get a bunch of kills, get rewards.

20 kills for a medium Rammer.
50 kills for medium Vents.
70 kills for a GLD
100 kills for three 50% xp reserves, with a six hour duration for when you really just want to poopsock all day to finish a grind.

Also it's called "Setting the Table for Sherman" which is most likely just the Sherman Mayonnaise or whatever, but...

...what if, instead, for Thanksgiving, they rebuff the 105mm HEAT, and have a gold ammo sale? Yeah I know, but a man can dream....

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
At the risk of engaging with ZL, I think the confusion here is that nobody is loving talking about metal gratings in this thread. This whole derail started when someone made fun of lovely pubbies spelling the German artillery piece, the Grille, as the Grill.

Infected posted:

Dear American/English speakers, it's Grille not Grill, there is an E at the end there.

This is a thing that happens all the goddamn time in this game, which ZL really ought to know if he's playing 150 games a day. This also has nothing to do with the pronunciation of the word, since the German word "grille" and the English word "grill" are pronounced similarly, which is in fact the root cause of the confusion by the stupid pubbies we're making fun of. Better yet, the type of people who make this mistake probably also pronounce the two the same, rather than just similarly.

The French word "grillen," (referring to metal gratings,) the German and English words "grill," (again referring to metal gratings,) and the etymologies of these words, are completely irrelevant to the discussion of the German word "grille" (referring to a loving insect.)

tl;dr ZombieLenin you are sperging out about something that literally nobody else is talking about or cares about.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 2, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Steelion posted:

tl;dr ZombieLenin you are sperging out about something that literally nobody else is talking about or cares about.
:thesperg:

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

ZombieLenin posted:

My Background on Anime and Manga:

As for me, I have been an avid otaku (fan) of anime for a very long time. I am more of an anime fan than a manga fan since I own and view more anime. I started out with anime ever since I started watching cartoons when I was little. I was exposed to anime back in Saudi Arabia because till this day, mostly all of the cartoons they show for children are originally anime except they are translated in Arabic. I moved here in the U.S. around 1990, when I was about 7 or years old, and for the next few years started watching nothing but American animation. I always thought to myself that the cartoons here were very different from the cartoons back in Saudi Arabia (I never really knew it was anime at the time.).

Though I hardly found any Japanese animation in the states I continued to watch my Arabic translated anime since we owned a Sony VCR brought from Saudi Arabia. On occasion when my father would travel, I would give him a list of anime that I wanted and he would get it for me. Of course, many of these tapes were under different titles than the original anime from Japan. Among the Arabic anime I have seen are Mazinger, Grandizer, Metal Man (Al-Rajul Al-Hadidy), Sandibell, Sally (The Little Princess), Lady, Captain Majid, Captain Thabit, Ninja, Al-Darba Al-sa Iqa, Al-Ramyatul Multahiba, and many more. For many of you otakus out there, you may not recognize these titles. Unfortunately, I do not know the original Japanese title they were under. However, those of you familiar with Arabic anime may recognize some of these titles. Anyhow, that was my source of anime but it still was not enough for me. I knew there had to be anime here is the states, I just did not know where to look.

It was not until I found Sailor Moon which aired on in the US around 1995. I recognized the style of animation and I was sure that it was not American animation. That was when I learned that all the cartoons I have loved were originally from Japan and were called "anime." I took up drawing and sketching as a hobby which, and I tried to draw characters from various anime I've seen.

Around 1998, I came across Cartoon Network, and I started seeing more anime. I watched more Sailor Moon, as well as Robotech, Voltron, Ronin Wariors, and many others. Then I did some research on the internet and learned more about anime, the different types of anime, and some terms used in the Japanese pop culture. Along with that, I also learned about manga and realized that many anime start out as Japanese comics before they become animated features.

Till this day, I still continually learn more about anime and manga. Some recent anime I have watched or have been watching are Ranma 1/2, Dragon Ball Z, Gunadam Wing, Lain, Princess Mononoke, Tenchi Muyo, Slayers, Weiß Kreuz, and the latest would probably be Ruruoni Kenshin. I also continue to draw, developing my own style and forming my own characters, hoping that someday I will create my own anime and manga. As Osamu Tezuka was a fan of Walt Disney, I will always be a fan of Osamu Tezuka and Hayao Miyazaki.

Ok

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Could you also educate me on the proper pronunciation of "Waffe" as in "Luftwaffe", specifically regarding the "e" at the end. I've only served in it, but I'm still not exactly sure whether to pronounce it like "wah-ff" or "wah-fuh".

its actually pronounced le waff

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

holy poo poo he's been trolling us this whole time

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

oh my god chumbly you made an amazing post

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can we please get ZLs anime preference pinned to the top of the OP tia love you.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Spoiler alert ZahmbyLinin is actually Fauxtool. It would explain the bot-like stats, high number of games, and horrible spergy posting.

e: I just realized most of the people who played when Fauxtool was around are gone now. Fauxtool was a goon who botted poorly, back when we thought 45% winrates were too low to evade bot detection.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

zombielenin seems incredibly invested in not pronouncing the e in grille

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ZombieLenin, isn't anime supposed to be haram? Do you think the house of Saud approves of you watching ecchi shows? We all know the prophet (pbuh) approves of loli pantsu (after all he (pbuh) married Aisha (pbuh) when she was 9), but what are the hadiths on hentai?

So many questions you better answer.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

Speaking of TS... if you are going to create a server group to give me a "Worst Poster" tag, and then get butt hurt when I answer your :smug: with more :smug: by changing my name to "best poster" (I shouldn't need to explain why this is funny)....

I'm going to literally re-roll a character called "Best Poster" and only ever platoon with goons using the new character. :woop:

how is it possible to be this pathetically passive aggressive lmao

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
HANGON zl. you have played 4500 battles in the last two months :O

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atal Vataman posted:

HANGON zl. you have played 4500 battles in the last two months :O

Come on dude don't be shaming people just for playing the game. poo poo, I've also got 4500 battles in the last 12 months.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's botting to grind up to a bunch of tier 10s he had in beta and lost due to the reset. In his first few posts in this thread, he says that was on the thing that stopped him from continuing to play the game after beta and that he had been playjng the xbox version instead. Presumably, he'll return to actually playing the game when he has the tanks he wants. Until then he'll just keep trolling this thread and running the game for everyone.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the reason i dont think hes a troll is that i would think less of him if he was putting this much effort into trolling, and im an optimistic person

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Control Volume posted:

the reason i dont think hes a troll is that i would think less of him if he was putting this much effort into trolling, and im an optimistic person

Did I say he was a troll? I'm sorry, my mistake. I meant to say that he's a Skrull. That would explain his odd behavior and unfamiliarity with human languages.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The AT 7 is fun when you have support and the enemy aren't great hitting the lump on top of you. So not super often.

Ace Tanker, High Caliber, Steel Wall, Cool-headed. Dueled a full health IS-2 then an IS to the death at the end whilst on 50 hp. When at range, the IS's lack of accuracy really shines. As does them not working together to flank me.

I imagine the T95 is x10 better/worse.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

That would explain his odd behavior and unfamiliarity with human languages.

I would say that it's just Asperger's, but his stats aren't good enough.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
wot is very reassuring in that I seem to instantly complete any high xp missions in a defeat, that kind of vindication seems absent from the other similar games I can't play

Hellsau posted:

Does AW have horns?

e: that was fast. Shame about the Bomberman Sudden Death mode though.
huzzah

on another topic, can someone explain what JohnGalt is up to?

isn't this the second time they've tried to sell their account?

Am I right in saying they found a non-goon to send money presumably via paypal to them and sent login and pass to them, only to revert the pass via the WG account email? So essentially the JohnGalt account itself functions as bait to just fleece pubbies or to get pubbie accounts permabanned should they dare to complain to WG?

Chillyrabbit posted:

Holy poo poo... and I knew the guy that bought it, I wonder how much crying will occur in TS.
oh my

I hope it was Zome Bye Leanin'

stephenfry fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 2, 2015

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Haven't played the object 704 in a while, so I took it out for a spin. Trip report:

Yep, it's still a retarded tank for assholes. I'm down to only 68.5% win rate in it though.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/2252724#redshire-renhanxue-object_704

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

WitchFetish posted:

Just so the other amerigoons know, we eurogoons don't think ZL is in any way representative of the the American people or the American education system

I do, actually

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
Zoomb L'nine is exactly the kind of walking tumor that has a perpetual safe seat on state boards of education, esp. in the ol' south

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Nice avatar.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
LT-15 done with honors?! Didn't think Serene coast would be the map but not gonna say no. :neckbeard:

3200 damage in the AMX 13 90, 2500 spotting damage. Killed a LTTB in two shots by somehow racking it. Was pretty tense waiting for the battle results, because the odds of your team actually doing any damage to things you're spotting is godawful at the best of times. Lots of opportunities to pounce on unsupported enemy lights and wreck them with a full drum. Sniping some distant tanks/ shooting an IS-8 and T29 in the rear end a bunch at the end. Reinforcing my belief that you only complete missions when you give up on them and stop caring.

The match in El Halluf just before was fantastic as well, XVM gave us an optimistic 39% chance of winning but our entire team was on form. Don't think I made a single mistake or dumb move in the CDC the entire match and actually played to its strengths, number of times that's happened I can probably count on one finger. We were pretty decidedly losing til halfway through, so a couple of red heavies decided to charge over one of the two small ridges at me. One at a time, as you do. Backing down to gently caress with their rubbish gun depression, shooting the weak points and generally being very maneuverable in a large blue barn. Catching a hellcat sneaking up behind me and finishing off the cocky little TD. And our IS-6 and KV-4 were fantastic at holding out against an overwhelming number of tanks, being decently armoured and top tier helps.

Sorry for spamming up the thread with progress reports, but sometimes tanks goes well. Enough for now, what a great evening of tanks.

(Not shown, a match in the SU-152 where I do 8 damage)

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

ZombieLenin posted:

As it turns out:

I could argue that: you are the ones...

Pronouncing our word wrong.

English words version:

Etymological Origin of the German "Grillen"

Just saying.

Why are you suddenly babbling about grill and grillen, when the word in question is grille? :confused:

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

Valle posted:

Why are you suddenly babbling about grill and grillen, when the word in question is grille? :confused:

I "think" ZimbambiLeenayen isn't aware of the fact that there's "grillen" which is "too barbecue" and "Grille" as in "The insect that goes *crickets*" ...tho of course theres the Imperative of "grillen" which would be "Grille!" but I doubt the germans would name an SPG "Barbecue!" But what do I know...I never got an PhD in Expressive Dancing from the MIT like ZL.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

GiantHurtBall posted:

I "think" ZimbambiLeenayen isn't aware of the fact that there's "grillen" which is "too barbecue" and "Grille" as in "The insect that goes *crickets*" ...tho of course theres the Imperative of "grillen" which would be "Grille!" but I doubt the germans would name an SPG "Barbecue!" But what do I know...I never got an PhD in Expressive Dancing from the MIT like ZL.

Steelion posted:

[already made this point]
you loving

IDIOT

REROLL

GOD

e: someone make a mod changing the name of my SPG to "You Must Barbecue!"

duhblee edite: and changing the name of removed engine limiters on czech and soviet tanks to "Remove Kebab" lol tia

stephenfry fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 3, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

To be fair to ZL when there's a Grille on the enemy team and I'm in a Churchill 3 I always expect the enemy sky helper to barbecue me.

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

Look ZL there's a german kid showing you how to make an origami GRILL-E ...see and its not a barbecue grill...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CWnxxfbE34

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

GiantHurtBall posted:

Look ZL there's a german kid showing you how to make an origami GRILL-E ...see and its not a barbecue grill...

Excuse me but that kid is clearly making an origami Krillin:

Checkmate Euroloser.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

GiantHurtBall posted:

trigger warning: he doesn't finish it

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toM0qQ-2UD0

Here's good strategy videos for chess from the same guy :^) if he was playing WoT he'd atleast be a unicum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJhrQUeRENw

He also loves Kugelbahn ! I mean who doesn't ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lUyLZJgVss&list=PLAT2AIp_Q2mgt_gKcZDP6d-0mn9oQiXjU

He also loves Dominobahn tho ?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N-f6EYqbNg&list=PLAT2AIp_Q2mj8mrBLWMiBDOxJi-67OnID

Also telling you EVERYTHING about the bit and byte lie !

Basically subscribed and followed !

I think you can learn a lot about tanking from those videos ? Like the chess ones teach you situational awareness and are really good ? he also likes trains...

GiantHurtBall fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 3, 2015

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
[quote="GiantHurtBall" post=""452242855"]!
[/quote]chumbly, simultaneously remembering where the rest of the forums are, yet forgetting what happened last time he posted here

who put you up to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
So, the T20, is it a garbage tank? I find it really slow for a tank with no armor, and while the 90mm is workable with APCR, it is absolute dogshit when I try to conserve credits and use regular AP, mainly because it isn't very sneaky or fast to do flanking moves.