Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

DQH is like all musou games, you think this time it'll be different but it's the same joyless button mash... I gotta stop buying these goddamn games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Belzac posted:

I bought DQH specifically to encourage a Final Fantasy musou game but after playing it I really hope they actually don't do it. I wanted a DQ flavored musou game but instead I got a musou flavored DQ game and it's just not the same.

Well, that's what everybody said it was going to be once people started playing the Japanese version.

I am quite interested in what they will be updating for the sequel.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
My last musou based hope now is a SW game with the 7 years war.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Any wish that isn't American Dynasty Warriors with George Washington up against Napoleon is a waste

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Tae posted:

Any wish that isn't American Dynasty Warriors with George Washington up against Napoleon is a waste

Wouldn't that instead be Sid Meier's Civilization: Warriors? Actually, I really want to see how that would work.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Yeah, adding tech trees and getting to play as Ethiopian Kings firing trebuchets against Viking riflemen.. It is a game I want.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

This game would be ahistorical, unless it contained only a single level in which Thomas Jefferson writes a giant novelty cheque to Napoleon.

Astus posted:

Wouldn't that instead be Sid Meier's Civilization: Warriors? Actually, I really want to see how that would work.

They need to team up with Paradox and make Crusader Kings: Empires.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Hopefully the child mechanics wouldn't be as bad as DW8:E.

Come to think of it, I would really appreciate if any Warriors game ever incorporated some kind of aging process. Like, Lu Xun being eternally 16 when he went on to father the most relevant general of post-Sun Quan Wu.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Astus posted:

I would play this crossover. Winston Churchill in his Classical-era druid costume all, "Montezuma! You cannot call yourself a man if you will not fight me in a duel!"

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Blizzard warrios play as Thrall cutting down thousands of Zerg.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Teddy Roosevelt fighting a whole map of bears.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Koei Tecmo mentioned in their annual financial report that they're working with a western IP for their next game.

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

Tae posted:

Koei Tecmo mentioned in their annual financial report that they're working with a western IP for their next game.

I, for one, am looking forward to Big Bang Warriors

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Someone in TVIV suggested Power Rangers Warriors and I kind of want it bad

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Tae posted:

Saints Row Warriors, you heard it here first.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Judge Tesla posted:

Saints Row Warriors, you heard it here first.

I am suprisingly okay with that, hell what other western ip can be warriors'd? Heavy Gear? Diablo? Warcraft? (All three of those would own)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

I am going to take this literally and assume this means we are getting Cowboys and Indians Warriors.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Koei-Tecmo announced today that they've formed a partnership with Riot Games to create Warriors of Legends, a new F2P fusion of Musou and MOBA gameplay!!

... honestly that probably wouldn't be too bad except for all the money-gouging.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That sounded so real that I was convinced for a second that it was.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Given they've tried the MMO bit(Am I the only one who remembers Dynasty Warriors Online?)...

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012
The Nibelungensaga and other Germanic or Norse epics would have a nice flair in a Warriors game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tae posted:

They did say they wanted to do Star Wars.... :pray:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Rocket League Warriors.

I have no idea how that would even work.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Too bad they didn't give a date range on 'the IP'. For all we know it's 'Warriors of Oz'(As in 'Wizard of').

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bloodly posted:

Too bad they didn't give a date range on 'the IP'. For all we know it's 'Warriors of Oz'(As in 'Wizard of').

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9SbzXMTthI\

They did it already.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ben 10 Musou

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Realistically, I think it'd have to be something that's safe and can guarantee a lot of sales, so I'm thinking an 80's cartoon franchise.

G.I. Joe would be cool. Dynasty Joes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone remember that Musou style game that Konami did for the PS2 loosely based on the Wizard of OZ? It had cool music but I think they scrubbed out all the Oz references in the western version, same as Capcom did with actual history in Devil Kings.

I think it's pretty high on the list of games only five people including me played.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 2, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

AzMiLion posted:

I am suprisingly okay with that, hell what other western ip can be warriors'd? Heavy Gear? Diablo? Warcraft? (All three of those would own)

Literally any IP can fit into the warriors formula

I can't think of many playable characters, but Evil Dead Warriors would be great

E: better yet, horror musuo and play as horror icons like Freddy and Jason

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 2, 2015

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rutibex posted:

I am going to take this literally and assume this means we are getting Cowboys and Indians Warriors.

I cannot foresee any potential backlash to this game, I say lets do it

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Ainsley McTree posted:

I cannot foresee any potential backlash to this game, I say lets do it

Buffalo Bill Cody's musou attack is summoning an actual buffalo stampede.

mune
Sep 23, 2006
I'm in the mood for another warriors-ish game - I saw the review for the DQ game and it piqued my interest, but I have never played a DQ game before. I love action RPGs though. I haven't played a Warriors game since DW8 - should I get something else or the DQ one?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

mune posted:

I'm in the mood for another warriors-ish game - I saw the review for the DQ game and it piqued my interest, but I have never played a DQ game before. I love action RPGs though. I haven't played a Warriors game since DW8 - should I get something else or the DQ one?

If you enjoy action RPGs, you'll probably like DQH. Bear in mind that it's not a traditional Musou game though - if you want to mow down a thousand dudes with impunity, look elsewhere.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You could try Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, since you haven't touched SW4. You take your CAW and go have fun in Feudal Japan. Also, it's for Vita and 3DS, so you have portable options.

e:
Any word on whether we're getting Arslan Senki Musou? The game is fun, and I just finished the series.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah we're getting Arslan.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Arslan sold 60k in Japan. No idea if that's good or bad relative to their usual sales.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Broseph Brostar posted:

E: better yet, horror musuo and play as horror icons like Freddy and Jason

I don't doubt it would make money, but I'm not sure if making a game where you play as Freddy or Jason killing a ton of unarmed teenagers trying to run away from you would be good for the company's image. Though I find the idea of invincible, down-to-earth white girl enemy generals intriguing.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 2, 2015

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Maleketh posted:

If you enjoy action RPGs, you'll probably like DQH. Bear in mind that it's not a traditional Musou game though - if you want to mow down a thousand dudes with impunity, look elsewhere.

Takoluka posted:

You could try Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, since you haven't touched SW4. You take your CAW and go have fun in Feudal Japan. Also, it's for Vita and 3DS, so you have portable options.

e:
Any word on whether we're getting Arslan Senki Musou? The game is fun, and I just finished the series.

Thanks guys! As I'm looking to play it on my TV, I'm just looking for PS4 games - is SW4-2 any good or should I just get DQH?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

mune posted:

Do you like anime? Do you like One Piece?

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 has a poo poo ton of characters and a lot of content and if you like the show it's just full of fan service. Of course, if you aren't caught up it can be a bit overwhelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mune
Sep 23, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Do you like anime? Do you like One Piece?

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 has a poo poo ton of characters and a lot of content and if you like the show it's just full of fan service. Of course, if you aren't caught up it can be a bit overwhelming.

I don't watch anime or know anything about that show, unfortunately, so it'll probably be a pass for me. I appreciate the suggestion though!

edit: Looks like it's between DQH and SW4-2 for me.

mune fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 2, 2015