Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Shugojin posted:

there are so many lazy "what's in the box??" edits you could make with this
Comic edits!?! In my house!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The Sphinxster posted:

So awesome

The ocean is a confusing place
I don't comment on F Minus much when I post it, but that's just because there's not much to say about each one since it's a one-panel gag strip. It is consistently one of the more entertaining comics for me though. It has it's slow periods but it's still good for a chuckle more often than not, and what more can you ask for from a daily comic strip? It's really probably my favorite strip if you were to ask me to rank them.

Speaking of which:

F Minus

See? I find this funny. That's about all I can say about it without ruining the joke.

Skipping MW since that was posted already.

Rex Morgan MD

Don't they have shareholders that might want to have a say in all this?

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Drawing profiles is hard.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What kind of wack bar trivia lets you use the internet?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Oh just came across this Pearls Before Swine and I don't think it's been posted.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Oh just came across this Pearls Before Swine and I don't think it's been posted.

Ok, I laughed at that one. Mostly because the guy in H is so perfect for this thread. :)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
When it comes to cop out strips, I'll take Pearls Before Swine's convoluted puns over the undead strips' CHARACTER likes THING copouts.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

I know the art long ago stopped matching up to what was going on, but the portrayal of "at the hospital" made me chuckle. Two buildings (or at least walls), a bit of fence, and.... yup. Looks like a hospital to me.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

CaptainCaveman posted:

I know the art long ago stopped matching up to what was going on, but the portrayal of "at the hospital" made me chuckle. Two buildings (or at least walls), a bit of fence, and.... yup. Looks like a hospital to me.

I personally like the fact that, despite the fact that she is sick and in the hospital, Margo has not once been depicted as anything other than standing up, seemingly healthy, in normal clothing, as if she has never been sick at all.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Don't they have shareholders that might want to have a say in all this?
Maybe the shareholders already know that she used to be Sarah Morgan's nanny. That's just one, terrifyingly thin degree of separation from the demon-child herself, so who would dare to offend her?

Frankly, it's surprising that she's even having to do this much to get all of these people to roll over and hand the company to her. No one here would've blinked if the entire plot had been resolved within two panels of Rex and June's breakfast conversation ("Did you hear that Heather Avery took over the company?" "She'll do well with it. How did you find out?" "She gave us one of their company jets to thank us!").

Trilobite fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 3, 2015

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Back to B.C.

Pogo (November 1-2, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three, in which Charlie Brown is a little rear end in a top hat.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

They always said you shouldn't stare directly at the Sun, but one day good ol' Charlie Brown made me. How I hate him :mad:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

I don't comment on F Minus much when I post it, but that's just because there's not much to say about each one since it's a one-panel gag strip. It is consistently one of the more entertaining comics for me though. It has it's slow periods but it's still good for a chuckle more often than not, and what more can you ask for from a daily comic strip? It's really probably my favorite strip if you were to ask me to rank them.

Speaking of which:

Thanks for posting them. Probably the best thing to ever come out of AZ.

The strip I called out as being awesome seems like a tip of the cap to Nightmare Before Christmas. Did someone mention this? I thought those 3 looked familiar.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Shugojin posted:

there are so many lazy "what's in the box??" edits you could make with this

I thought that would be obvious; cancer. Cancer is in the box.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Shugojin posted:

They always said you shouldn't stare directly at the Sun, but one day good ol' Charlie Brown made me. How I hate him :mad:

But that's where the fun is!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Classic Dilbert

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Speaking of which:

F Minus

See? I find this funny. That's about all I can say about it without ruining the joke.

I rarely comment about F-Minus because it is the lot of consistently good comments that they often don't get much commetary, but I agree with this sentiment.

Luann

I still expect Prudence to turn out to be an unfuckable old lady.

The Amazing Spider-Man

They're melding into each other.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Just found out who the target of the Mary Worth crossover will be. Was not where I expected.

Mary's taxi driver nearly hits Heloise in Phantom

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

This would be a very effective alarm clock for me.

Kammat posted:

Just found out who the target of the Mary Worth crossover will be. Was not where I expected.

Mary's taxi driver nearly hits Heloise in Phantom
If that's it then that's lame as hell.

Mary Worth

BOOOOOOO! If I don't see either Phantom in MW or MW in Phantom...well I just won't be happy about it. :colbert:

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

"That ash-receiver is wired to an explosion-maker that could have knocked us right out of our foot-coverers!"

Apartment 3-G

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
People were right to ridicule Columbus, Scott.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

This would be a very effective alarm clock for me.

I have one of these and its pretty great. It makes a good nightstand light too. I didn't pay nearly that much for it though.
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Hf3470-Wake-up-Light-White/dp/B003XN4RIC

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

Bernard had no idea how predictive he was of internet cat videos before the masses gained internet access about 20 years later.

9 Chickweed Lane 11/3/2004

So, where's that right hand going, Brooke?

Zits

I'm with you, Jeremy. What?

Kevin & Kell

What? And I thought it was an ISP exclusively for rabbits.

Mark Trail

Bad guys are always rotten shots, Mark, you two are fine. Take your time.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

This man is a loving awful teacher.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Incredible Feat Comix

Pooch Café

Chazz, put those up online. There's cats who got their own movie deals and beverage lines from photos that weren't a tenth that interesting.

Ballard Street

My usual source for these has dried up, so all I can offer you is this small token. But holy poo poo that dude is strong. Ankles, knees, hips, back, they'd all have to work supernaturally hard against gravity for somebody to do that, and the dog isn't even looking.

Lost Side of Suburbia

So Flimm is the one who actually has the power to warp people's minds and alienate them from their families. I bet his last name is Flamm.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

"How do you know what art is?"

Okay, to be fair as someone who worked retail for years I have an unhealthy HATE of Christmas songs. "Six times a day every day for two months" isn't too far from the truth, because when you get right down to it there really aren't that many Christmas songs.

Also gently caress that Christmas Shoes song.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

I'm with you, Jeremy. What?
To be fair, "I have this irrational dislike for something about you, but I know it's not your fault and it's dumb" is, I think, something we've probably all felt. I can put myself in her position; it's more a warning that she might be irritated and not to worry about it than an invitation for discussion.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Evil Mastermind posted:

Okay, to be fair as someone who worked retail for years I have an unhealthy HATE of Christmas songs. "Six times a day every day for two months" isn't too far from the truth, because when you get right down to it there really aren't that many Christmas songs.

I know someone who worked in a toy shop for a few years. Their mandated Christmas song loop was only 8 songs long.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"Third Street Saints."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set doesn't put its faith in science.

Working Daze forgot the punchline and yet still doesn't know when to stop telling the joke.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix obscures the fiction.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015

Skippy (September 4, 1928)

Mafalda

Peanuts, where it dawns on me that we never saw the end of the Great Pumpkin story. (November 1, 1968)

Anyway, moving on... (November 5, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean, in which for once we don't waste time getting to the point.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (March 16-17, 1928)

Thimble Theater (May 22, 1929)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Evil Mastermind posted:

"How do you know what art is?"

Also gently caress that Christmas Shoes song.

Let the healing begin.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

And here comes the drama bomb. Also, another week of comic books.

Did you say drama bomb?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Aardmania posted:

Did you say drama bomb?

:perfect:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean, in which for once we don't waste time getting to the point.

I unironically like this Winkerbean strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

"I think he knows that those schools exist already."

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn