Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

cheese-cube posted:

This is literally the nerd that would like Bohemian Raphosdy, just sayin.

He posts on SomethingAwful.com. God I hate nerds, don't you hate nerds? Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Fo3 posted:

I'll start being impressed when people can break into singing "bicycle race".
This "Bohemian Rhapsody" tendency is rather odd.
And I say that as someone who had to listen to Queen a lot when I was younger.
Back in 1988 the first guy to buy a car liked listening to Queen a lot. We all had a chance on having our first go at learning to drive, wagging school and going on cruises as long as we were willing to listen to Queen, as that's all he played in his car.
His parents also often went on holiday and he had a older sister that had parties, cocktail nights etc that we all wanted to go to as; all this is a big deal when you're 16 or 17.

I was sick to death of Queen before Wayne's World even came out, so I have no idea how this STDH Bohemian Rhapsody still hangs around.

Sounds like you've paid your dues.

Time after time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cheese-cube posted:

This is literally the nerd that would like Bohemian Raphosdy, just sayin.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

ibntumart posted:

Edit: Content!

I wish the Adventures of Two Smug Atheists was a regular series. It's just the same joke over and over with them handing out various empty tracts and envelopes with the same "here's everything you need to know about religion" *huge grins* setup. People's minds would be blown, their faith in humanity restored and their ls would be fd until they couldn't even.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

A whole gallery of STDH, some of which has probably been here before:

http://imgur.com/gallery/kAbrD

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Can anyone here who is married(lol, so no one on this forum) tell me if you regularly refer to your spouse as "husband" or "wife", or hell, even "partner" on a regular basis? Especially when writing a note for them.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Postal Parcel posted:

Can anyone here who is married(lol, so no one on this forum) tell me if you regularly refer to your spouse as "husband" or "wife", or hell, even "partner" on a regular basis? Especially when writing a note for them.

I'd say that for the first month of the marriage, my wife and I did, only because it was still novel. It doesn't last though.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Postal Parcel posted:

No

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Husband,

so i was at the grocery store today and this guy tried to mug me but then this other guy dressed like freddie mercury came out of nowhere and started singing bohemian rhapsody and he got shamed and ran away with a red face hOW loving AWESOME IS THAT

oh my god

Faith. In. Humanity. Restored.

I've attached a banana for scale.

Your wife,

Albert Einstein

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

goose fleet posted:

Husband,

so i was at the grocery store today and this guy tried to mug me but then this other guy dressed like freddie mercury came out of nowhere and started singing bohemian rhapsody and he got shamed and ran away with a red face hOW loving AWESOME IS THAT

oh my god

Faith. In. Humanity. Restored.

I've attached a banana for scale.

Your wife,

Albert Einstein

P.S. I'm getting married to the guy next month!!! I hope you'll come and clap at the wedding!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Postal Parcel posted:

P.S. I'm getting married to the guy next month!!! I hope you'll come and clap at the wedding!

:vince:

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

it is sometimes physically painful to refer my significant other by pet names. when he refers to me by them a little too much, i remind him i have a name. i will not ever refer him to those titles unless its absolutely necessary to identify as such.

otherwise, no reason to refer them as that more than a hamdful of times because 1) you really need to say it once to the new people who don't know, it's not like they can forget who your spouse is 2) the person who is married to you obviously knows you are the wife/husband.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Postal Parcel posted:

My girlfriend calls me "boyfriend" but she's also not into nerdy stuff at all and is a social butterfly.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

10/10 cuck twist would repost on tumblr.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

A whole gallery of STDH, some of which has probably been here before:

http://imgur.com/gallery/kAbrD
I thought the "stop pooping I miss you" was quite endearing in a way.

Also seems an interesting message to slip under doors of random public toilets.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Verisimilidude posted:

"For science!"

Usually said by raging mega virgins creeping for nudes from attention-seeking crazies posting selfies.

Along with this, "science" as a verb. As in, "I'm going to have to science the poo poo out of this".

I really didn't enjoy The Martian.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Postal Parcel posted:

We did sarcastically. Her more than me, and it usually meant I was in trouble. Not saying-full-name-trouble, more I did something irritating and to stop it.

EDIT: Note, we weren't married yet. We had lived together for years and were engaged. Part of it was the novelty and getting used to the idea. I'll never know if it would have lasted or not.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 05:32 on Nov 3, 2015

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

The way half the white nerds on Tumblr try to write in African American Vernacular English all the time ("Tumblr nerds be like...") is a little odd

I mean I'm not putting down AAVE but it seems like a fetishizing-the-other thing for at least some of them

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Flipperwaldt posted:

I thought the "stop pooping I miss you" was quite endearing in a way.

Also seems an interesting message to slip under doors of random public toilets.

Yeah this one is the most possibly true. But, like, not something i would EVER post about in a public forum. If any of these are real, these people are bad and have no shame and should be judged.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

tacodaemon posted:

The way half the white nerds on Tumblr try to write in African American Vernacular English all the time ("Tumblr nerds be like...") is a little odd

I mean I'm not putting down AAVE but it seems like a fetishizing-the-other thing for at least some of them

White tumblr nerds do this quite a bit. If anyone else does it, it's bad and wrong, but if I do it, it's cute and quirky and hip. The only moral cultural appropriation is my cultural appropriation.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

tacodaemon posted:

And it's not even how people who speak aave write (on social media etc). It's really obvious when it's some white person pretending to be black.

Re: calling husband "husband." We call each other by nicknames. I have no idea why but I know that it started due to cats and the nicknames are mostly cat-related. No the nicknames are not "socks" or "whiskers."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Postal Parcel posted:

Surprisingly, RIT is not given a [Famous University] tag. Is RIT a generic school with nothing special about it?

It's where you go if you want to be a photography/art major or if you can't get into RPI, in my experience. Rochester itself just really sucks.

Postal Parcel posted:

Nah.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Nov 3, 2015

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

tacodaemon posted:

It's dumb but inoffensive. People are way too goddamn sensitive about stupid poo poo.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Elsewhere in the forums:

Screaming Idiot posted:

I had to "take some time off" in a psychiatric ward for a while and I got lumped in with some recovering drug addicts, and because I was the most coherent person there I had to officiate the AA meeting. So I did it in the most overwrought preacher voice I could, and it changed from a depressing "oh poor pitiful me save me Jesus" fest into a good laugh from everyone involved. And then we all watched How To Train Your Dragon and had dinner. AA is awesome as long as you're surrounded by a bunch of bored druggies with time to kill until dinner.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
TT: Brother-Sister Incest

quote:

This troper had a thing for his sister for a while, and even tried approaching her about it, but was (gently and without further consequence, amazingly enough!) turned down. He turned to his writings as an outlet, making a sister character for his blatant author-insertion character and pairing them off. It didn't make him feel any better, but he just happened to eventually grow up and get over it with time anyway. (He would still be totally up for that, but the fact that it's not going to happen happen doesn't haunt him, at least.) Those two characters have come quite a long way since then, becoming rather well-developed now despite their less-than-noble origins. Their stories are surprisingly popular—who knew Brother Sister Incest was such a popular theme in the Furry Fandom?—so it ultimately worked out. As a bizarre epilogue, his mother just read those stories (!!!) but seems to have somehow missed the subtext.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

PYF STDH: who knew Brother Sister Incest was such a popular theme in the Furry Fandom?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Khazar-khum posted:

I'm absolutely certain that this happened, so this isn't really STDH, it's just creepy poo poo from Troper Tits. Or really, the only STDH that is in that story I'd wager is that he's unhaunted by his sister turning him down because obviously he's still very much obsessed with the idea.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Noyemi K posted:

I'm absolutely certain that this happened, so this isn't really STDH, it's just creepy poo poo from Troper Tits. Or really, the only STDH that is in that story I'd wager is that he's unhaunted by his sister turning him down because obviously he's still very much obsessed with the idea.

quote:

He would still be totally up for that, but the fact that it's not going to happen happen doesn't haunt him, at least
How can you get so hosed up? Ughhhh
I don't understand how you can have *those* feelings for a family member you've seen since birth.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
From Jezebel:

Kim Sanders posted:

The summer after I finished High School I got a job at our local Taco Bell. While I was working there I was the only white employee, the rest were Hispanic, though most spoke English (this is an important detail). Despite my horrible attempts at learning Spanish (I wanted to be able to talk to the employees we had who didn’t speak English, but I had taken Latin in high school and had a bad habit of switching between the two when I was trying to say something in Spanish, something we eventually dubbed ‘Spatin’), I managed to get very friendly with pretty much everyone who worked at the store. I normally worked the drive-thru during the lunch rush, but if someone on one of the other shifts asked me to switch I’d do it, especially if it was the night shift, because I liked messing with the stoners that came through late at night.

One day I was working the night shift. I was running the drive-thru, there were two people on the food line, and a manager who was doing some prep for the next day. I got the beep in my ear, indicating a car was in the drive thru, and started with the familiar spiel, “Welcome to Taco Bell, my name is Katy, how are you today?”

What I got back: “Thank GOD you speak American! I’m sick of having those loving Mexicans take my order. I can’t understand a goddamn word out of their mouths, and those retards always gently caress up my order!”

I sighed but said nothing as he ordered two “tay-cos,” a “que-sah-diller,” and a drink. I’ll mention now that this was my second to last shift. I had put up with this kind of customer before, mostly the ones who came into the store and demanded to have their order taken by “the white girl” even though I was working the drive thru, not the front registers. I would grit my teeth and do it, it just wasn’t worth the trouble to fight, but this guy had pressed all my buttons.

So when he pulled up and handed me his card to pay I started speaking ‘Spatin.’ It was enough that my co-workers knew I was calling him an idiot, but I also managed to throw in some of the more creative insults I remembered from my Latin class. The customer got red in the face and shouted, “Goddamn it, speak English! I know you know how!”

At which point, my manager leaned into view and said, “Oh, no, she only knows how to say hello and repeat the food orders.” (Editor’s Note: This is the best manager.) The customer shouted something about our company hiring “loving Polacks” (WTF?). I dropped the food in his lap and sent him off with the Latin equivalent of “screw you.”

The next day, I got called into the manager’s office. Apparently, the guy had called and complained, so I got my only write-up of the summer...and a $30 gift card from the night crew, with a thanks for the laughs.

Carol Jones posted:

A few nights a week, after my legal services job, I head over to the small French bistro I work at in DC, where I serve, bartend and manage. The place is super laid back and far better known for its parties than its food.

One Tuesday at the office, my boss asked me if I wouldn’t mind volunteering to help with registration for an event being put on by one of our pro bono clients, a high-profile ethics-focused non-profit (whatever that means). I happily agreed, logged off my computer and headed to the restaurant to manage a dinner shift.

About halfway through the shift one of our new servers, a sweet kid in his first serving job (it’s so fun to watch newbies figure out how much people suck), heads over to me with a “loving kill me” look on his face and tells me that the two men at his table are complaining about the salad. I tell him not to worry about it, just tell them we’ll take it off the bill.

Everything seems fine until about 30 minutes later. The same server comes up to me again and says that now, after consuming the entire steak, one of the guests is complaining about the steak, that it was too tough to cut and cold. Upon noting that the man had consumed the entire steak, I told the server to apologize, but we had already comp’ed the appetizer and the guy had eaten the whole steak, so weren’t going to comp it. In retrospect, I should have gone over myself but, I was distracted with something and this honestly happens so often where people are just hoping to get something for free, I really didn’t think anything of it.

After they finish, my server comes over with the bill and hands it to me. At this point he just looks amused. I pull out the receipt and see that the customer has written a lengthy note on the back. It reads, verbatim: “It is extremely disconcerting when a bill arrives with the overcooked, reheated, can’t even cut with a knife, half spit out (because you can’t chew it), cold “steak” is still left on the bill. Get it the gently caress together, Carol! So disappointing.” Then I flip the check over to see that he has left a $3.35 tip on a $45 bill (after the salad discount). I’d like to point out that I know this server, and he would NEVER be rude or snarky with a customer. He’s still in that new, un-jaded, eager-to-please phase.

In awe, I snap a picture of both sides of the receipt. I should note here that this guy had a very distinctive name, which I now have photographed next to his insulting tip and ridiculous note. The server is pissed, but mostly just glad the guys are gone.

The next day, I get into my office to find an email from the pro bono client I am volunteering with that evening, introducing me to my supervisor for the event. I look at the name and am wondering why it looks so familiar…oh, poo poo. I pull out my phone and my supervisor is THE SAME GUY who left the whiny little manboy note on the receipt from last night. This guy’s name isn’t John Smith; it’s a very unique name and there’s no way it’s not the same person. I go to my boss with the photograph, tell him I’m sorry but there’s no way in hell I’m taking orders from this prick all night and he’ll have to find someone else to cover the event. He couldn’t believe the note and was completely understanding.

About twenty minutes later, I get a call from my boss’ higher-up, who is directly involved with the non-profit. He asks me to please recount everything from the evening and read him what this guy wrote. I tell him about how the guy was nasty to my young server, how we had already taken things off the bill, how the man had eaten all the steak, and that I thought it was absurd that someone from an ethics-focused non-profit would curse out a server and still him on the tip, especially when his full name was attached to it. The pro bono coordinator is horrified, completely agrees, tells me that it was incredibly unacceptable for this guy to behave so inappropriately when he’s in town on business associated with their organization. He also tells me that if I want to go to the event and tell the guy off he completely supports anything I have to say (I declined). He tells me that he has already alerted the guy’s supervisor, he’ll have a sit down with this guy and his boss to discuss his behavior, the guy will offer an apology to the server, and they will give me money to tip the server appropriately.

We never heard from the guy himself, but I did get $25 from the organization about a week later to give to the server. When I gave it to him, he said he didn’t even care about the money. He was just happy the guy got his.

Anil Dikshit has a new favorite as of 10:14 on Nov 3, 2015

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
There was that one brother/sister couple in Germany who had a buncha kids together and had to go for jail for it because (at least until recently) banging a family member is illegal. They still kept getting back together and having kids.

(though admittedly, they grew up apart from each other)

German source from 2007 http://www.zeit.de/2007/46/Inzest

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Khazar-khum posted:

Oh that one I believe 100%. Especially the furry part.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Postal Parcel posted:

I don't understand how you can have *those* feelings for a family member you've seen since birth.

He literally talks about it like it's some girl he had the hots for in high school. Ugh.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Fathis Munk posted:

There was that one brother/sister couple in Germany who had a buncha kids together and had to go for jail for it because (at least until recently) banging a family member is illegal. They still kept getting back together and having kids.

(though admittedly, they grew up apart from each other)

German source from 2007 http://www.zeit.de/2007/46/Inzest

I don't speak German, but if their last name is Dollenganger, this is gonna end in a pile of wheelchairs and house fires.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

bringmyfishback posted:

I don't speak German, but if their last name is Dollenganger, this is gonna end in a pile of wheelchairs and house fires.

It'll probably end up with two FBI agents dragging a torso out from under a bed that doesn't want to be.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Postal Parcel posted:

I could see it happening, psychology is a motherfucker and some people get hosed up in the head. But to pursue it like its totally a-ok instead of seeking professional therapy :stonk:

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I remember in one of my college French seminars, we read Atala, which included some light incest. The two characters had been raised together but weren't blood relatives. It was still gross. There was one guy that would not stop talking about the incest taboo. He brought it up every single class. He did his paper on the theme of the incest taboo. It was super weird and I guess my inherent distrust of him after that proved the power of the incest taboo. But still.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
That weird Zola story that's been going around, about the woman going to Florida to dance and ending with murder, kidnapping, and other assorted crimes?

Turns out bits of it are true. Except for the parts that aren't. As scary and dramatic as the real story is, why throw even more fuel on the fire? It could have been a great story about how human trafficking and the sex trade draws in people and ensnares them, but so much of it didn't happen that it ends up pretty meaningless.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Text message STDH I found on social media, I wasn't certain until I got to the clapping. I feel like this is a rare instance of seeing one of these in its genesis as just some friends talking to each other.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
What an underwhelming story.

Also alien sunglasses ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Fathis Munk posted:

What an underwhelming story.

Also alien sunglasses ?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=alien+sunglasses

• Locked thread