Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Placed sem 6 months ago, have 2 globals now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I placed gold nova 4 in the ranks update. So I've only climbed 6 ranks in 3100 hours.

I wish I could tell how many hours I've actually played in mm, compared to goonman, which is easily a majority.

Ugh that makes me sick

Apogee15 posted:

I bet it doesn't exist in MM. I could see someone doing "good enough" at LEM/SMFC with a 360 controller.

The guy with no arms is LEM I think

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I really, really want to see how a match of soley silver 1 would play out. I mean I'm pretty bad and so are all my Russian, Turkish and Polish matchmaking brethren, but extrapolating silver play from them. It's a scary thought. :ohdear:

(Fakeedit: I preemptively take note of the irony if I will indeed get placed in silver today after I finish the last two placement wins.)

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I think MM is loving with me. I'm GNM. Played 3 games last night. 1 game all GNM on each side. Next game GN3 on other team and my team was GN1, 2 GN2 & GN3 where I 32K lulz. Last match other team 3 MG on the other side and my team 3 GNM & 2 GN3. :(

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
If you tank the first 3 or 4 MM placement matches real hard, you will get placed in silver1/2 no matter what

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i placed dmg so i dont understand any of this stupid noob rear end poo poo

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Randler posted:

I really, really want to see how a match of soley silver 1 would play out. I mean I'm pretty bad and so are all my Russian, Turkish and Polish matchmaking brethren, but extrapolating silver play from them. It's a scary thought. :ohdear:

(Fakeedit: I preemptively take note of the irony if I will indeed get placed in silver today after I finish the last two placement wins.)

Silver 2 was almost no mics, buy up every round, No nades because they are buying up every round, No spray control, triple awp buys and then all stand in the open in mid.

I guess the only way to be worse is no mics?

Also AWP battles against people who are truly Silver 1/2 are hilarious because their reaction time is so slow, when you hit a flick shot they are guaranteed to call hacks.

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 2, 2015

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Suran37 posted:

Silver 2 was almost no mics, buy up every round, No nades because they are buying up every round, triple awp buys and then all stand in the open in mid.

I guess the only way to be worse is no mics?

Also AWP battles against people who are truly Silver 1/2 are hilarious because their reaction time is so slow, when you peek them and hit a relatively easy shot they always call hacks.

oh hey this is 80% of my solo MGE/DMG games. I played 3 MM games yesterday, the first one was good, comms on our team, non-retard buys, and our opponents were good, we won 16-14, I bottom fragged the first half, but came roaring back in the second and ended up top frag, bunch of clutches, good vibes all that poo poo.

The next game was a horrible affair, it was me and one other guy basically, the other 3 were worthless, didn't communicate, bought EVERY round, shotguns covering long of D2, poo poo like that. One guy left at round 3, if he hadn't left we would have won probably, or if the bots wouldn't randomly refuse my "guard this area" command we could have also probably won. Game ended like 16-13.

Last game was a total stomp as I was getting tired, we lost like 16-5, everyone was bad (including me) but again, dudes buying EVERY round just dumb poo poo, no head armor VS CTs with M4s and poo poo like that.

*EDIT* Also, I'm not saying I'm a CS god or something and I don't belong at my rank blah blah, and I'm not complaining, this is the poo poo you get when you don't queue with friends, and it does NOT change the higher up you get in ranks, it just becomes slightly less frequent.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 2, 2015

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

MF_James posted:

oh hey this is 80% of my solo MGE/DMG games.

I guess it's mostly just pubbies.txt but the horrendous reaction times and lack of any spray control definitely improves as you go up the ranks.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Just played my first matchmaking game in like a year (last time was long before the big VAC waves). Jesus loving christ MGE's are bad now. :staredog:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smol posted:

Just played my first matchmaking game in like a year (last time was long before the big VAC waves). Jesus loving christ MGE's are bad now. :staredog:
DMG here, most DMGs are about as lovely, but they have better nade placement.

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

Apogee15 posted:

IMO pretty much anyone who gets to LEMish can get to global with a lucky win-streak. The skill difference between those two ranks seems pretty negligible.

Been on LEM or a month or so, 1600 hours played. I have a 15 game winning streak and I've never hit SMFC ever. What do I need to change!?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yer attitude m8

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Commander Keenan posted:

Been on LEM or a month or so, 1600 hours played. I have a 15 game winning streak and I've never hit SMFC ever. What do I need to change!?

Win more and yer attitude m8

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Commander Keenan posted:

lower ur sens lol im mcvey

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I sit here at MG1 because trying to coordinate pubbies is just loving horrendous and I don't know any people to queue with except for one friend who lives in Alaska and thus as ridiculous ping even to US West servers.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Depths posted:

Placed sem 6 months ago, have 2 globals now

Only because you have the SG to use as a crutch to beat up innocent people who just want to play some proper cs

e:

Bohemian Nights posted:

Finally ranked up. This isn't what I wanted :staredog:

So quaint :allears:

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 2, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

Only because you have the SG to use as a crutch to beat up innocent people who just want to play some proper cs
This sounds like me on a bad CS night.

"Oh my God, you're using the P90 outside of post-pistol rounds? What kind of Silver are you that you need that bad of a crutch?"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I use goofy guns when what I'm doing isn't working either at an individual level or because the team is lagging behind so why not

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Hey are you saying that the SG is goofy?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The SG is the best gun in the game. It looks hot, makes other people mad, and you can get at least 30 kills just by buying it once.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

symbolic posted:

DMG here, most DMGs are about as lovely, but they have better nade placement.

Don't think I saw anyone use a single nade in the 2 matches I played tonight

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I just started getting into this game and I think I screwed up the matchmaking. I won my first two competitive games, so it put me up against people who were Master Double Guardians or some bullshit like that. I got accused of being a smurf or troll the first match and kicked after a few minutes, then I managed to make it all the way through the next match but I had to listen to my teammates accusing me of throwing the match and making fun of my aim the whole time. Hoping it will send me back somewhere that people don't think I'm secretly sabotaging their games.

Same has been happening to me. MGs calling me rear end in a top hat in all eastern european dialects and kicking me before the end of the game. I know I suck, but I cant help being placed in these games...

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Whatever happened to the nightly goonmans? I may be a horrible anchor, but somehow I've been carrying silver games after my first couple, and that's making me get a stupid dumb big head.

I want to be stomped pls :cenobite:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
When I started it was hackers and blatant smurfing every game, also I was terrible and probably on tilt all the time

Good stuff

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Can anyone help me rememeber a game mode from source? I think they were called death race maps. All the CTS would have to run through this obstacle course while the single terrorist would push buttons to set off traps that would kill the cts with physics objects and fire. Cts would win if one person made it to the end alive. It was a ton of fun.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pookum posted:

Can anyone help me rememeber a game mode from source? I think they were called death race maps. All the CTS would have to run through this obstacle course while the single terrorist would push buttons to set off traps that would kill the cts with physics objects and fire. Cts would win if one person made it to the end alive. It was a ton of fun.
Deathrun

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Pookum posted:

Deathrun?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

LochNessMonster posted:

Same has been happening to me. MGs calling me rear end in a top hat in all eastern european dialects and kicking me before the end of the game. I know I suck, but I cant help being placed in these games...

All MGs talk the most poo poo. You know you're in MG when people don't shut the gently caress up for 2 seconds.,

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Famethrowa posted:

Whatever happened to the nightly goonmans?

They still happen nightly

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

brian posted:

I don't think i've played the game sober, I'm fairly sure it enhances my play at this point

I played drunk for like, my first 700 hours played and got to LE. I deranked (temporarily) all the way to MGE when I started playing sober only.

Awesome Welles posted:

I wonder at what point a 360 controller no longer becomes a viable option?

I'm poo poo at console FPSes and my 360 controller + no crosshair smurf still got placed in GN3. On the other hand, my left handed-mouse smurf is still getting silver games. Holy gently caress is left handed hard.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

Whatever happened to the nightly goonmans? I may be a horrible anchor, but somehow I've been carrying silver games after my first couple, and that's making me get a stupid dumb big head.

I want to be stomped pls :cenobite:

connect csgo.sub.io in console

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Sounds like ya'll are just legit alcoholics, get help

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I played CSGO drunk once and it was hella fun.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Smol posted:

Don't think I saw anyone use a single nade in the 2 matches I played tonight

At DMG? That's a straight up lie.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Kazinsal posted:

I sit here at MG1 because trying to coordinate pubbies is just loving horrendous and I don't know any people to queue with except for one friend who lives in Alaska and thus as ridiculous ping even to US West servers.

Stop coordinating and work on your aim/reaction time/ability to kill 2-3 people per round. Learn one smoke per site. Easy 2 ranks that's :10bux: advice

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Sometimes I see people with like 200+ competitive wins but only be GNM/MG or something. Like how can you play that many games and just not be better? It's like they're actively trying to be bad

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

fennesz posted:

At DMG? That's a straight up lie.

I'm LEM and I don't buy/use any nades unless I have a specific plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I didnt watch that video about genetic skills or w/e but its true some people are just forever bad at games. It isn't as simple as playtime = skill. I know people with thousands of hours of CS who suck worse than new players with like 400 hours. Most people have a limit as to how good they can get, beyond which it's just form and being in practice.

e:

Xenaero posted:

I'm LEM and I don't buy/use any nades unless I have a specific plan

dude thats retarded. unless you are the nostradamus of counter strike, you won't know every time how you'll use your flashes/smokes.

Jeza fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 3, 2015

• Locked thread