Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The last page has a mistranslation. All of the text is All Might's inner monologue. So it should be Seriously, what are you doing?! If you'd taken one more step, you might have cleared the gate! But that's you, alright. You've been that way from the start...always saving others instead of yourself. And when the time comes--there is no wall that can stand in your way!

FA really needs a better editor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They've been needing an editor for a long rear end time now; Bakugou's dialog has basically unreadable forever.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The art in this manga is really loving good, y'all.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

All Might is very scary.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
I love the page where he just pops in like "Whoa cool plan!" And then beats the gently caress out of them.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Incredible chapter.

Whether it's ending season one or kicking off season two, it'll be a treat to see animated and a strong bookend either way.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm wondering how Bakugou will react in the aftermath. There's a chance he might do some reevaluation of himself (He'll still be an rear end in a top hat).

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

He had better do some re-evaluating dammit. But if he ever stops being a big fuckin' jerk I think I'll be sad.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Even at the end, he was trying to secure victory by escape, something he was completely against at the start. Bakugou and Deku did actually manage to get some teamwork going, even if their plans seemed to revolve around Deku getting exploded a bit.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Green Intern posted:

Even at the end, he was trying to secure victory by escape, something he was completely against at the start. Bakugou and Deku did actually manage to get some teamwork going, even if their plans seemed to revolve around Deku getting exploded a bit.

When all you have is a hammer...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bakugou has secured his status as the best character in this series.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Green Intern posted:

I'm wondering how Bakugou will react in the aftermath. There's a chance he might do some reevaluation of himself (He'll still be an rear end in a top hat).
He's still going to be mad as hell, the fact that Midoriya carried him over the goal line after he threw himself under the bus is gonna sting his pride. I'm sure Bakugou is going to come out of this a better man, a stronger team player, and an improved hero.

I love that despite everything, he still can't quite contain his bloodlust. :allears: "DIE!"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

"Die!" seems to be Bakugou's go-to exclamation whenever he throws anything.

He yells it back when Aizawa asks him to throw a baseball to test his quirk.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
They really should let him have the hero name, "Baron Explodokill." It fits him like a glove, and he's never going to be a role model for the little kiddies.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I actually have a feeling Bakugou is going to have a LOT of young fans.

I wonder if the kids have fans already? That'd be kinda cool to find out. I mean they were literally on national TV not long ago.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There were a couple people on the train that recognized Deku shortly after the tournament.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

i can't imagine the power output deku must've had to stagger all might, even if it was just for that hot second

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Didn't Midoriya estimate his top end is about 15% of max? A seventh of All-Might probably still ain't nuthin' to gently caress wit'.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm still trying to figure out if he can use One For All to make his body tougher. I mean, it's clear that's what All Might does.

I figure the next step is just leaving 5% turned on at all times and figuring out how to deal with that?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I'm waiting for the revelation that even All Might can't use the full strength of OFA safely, and his max is like 85% or something.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Fabricated posted:

I'm still trying to figure out if he can use One For All to make his body tougher. I mean, it's clear that's what All Might does.

I figure the next step is just leaving 5% turned on at all times and figuring out how to deal with that?

Probably. After all, a point Gran Turismo made was on how Deku using the power momentarily in a single point, whilst letting him focus, was not actually so good in getting used to the power, or using it naturally. Practising to 'live' in it, and adjust down from that strength instead of up (ie, how Superman doesn't break every door he opens), would be a pretty logical way to go forward.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Deku needs to do the same Hyperbolic Time Chamber training that Goku and Gohan did, basically.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Maybe someone has a Quirk to do something like that. Kind of hand-wavy, but it's possible.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

New anime teaser image.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I hope the anime is basically exactly that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I actually came here to post that. It's the best.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
We're all going to feel pretty silly having wasted all this time trying to figure out what the episode schedule would be if the first episode is All Might punching through the TV screen and Plus Ultra-ing us all into anime paradise.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

U.A. is the new Gensokyo/Balamb Garden.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Honestly I've always thought Trigger was the perfect studio to do the MHA anime. The manga's style just screams the same aesthetics they love to do. All they'd have to do is keep Imaishi in a cage to make sure he doesn't plague it with his tendencies imo.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
...really? Because MHA just *screams* Imaishi to me.

edit: Or maybe it's because I can't separate Imaishi from Trigger in my head.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 2, 2015

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

New anime teaser image.

Deku's really into that appliance destruction goin' on.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Sam Faust posted:

Deku's really into that appliance destruction goin' on.

deku's just really into anything all might tbh

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Condiv posted:

deku's just really into anything all might tbh

Deku has an All-Might body pillow. Calling it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I keep forgetting about how Midoriya's hand is all scarred and hosed up now. I'd never remember to draw that detail.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

tsob posted:

Deku has an All-Might body pillow. Calling it.

All might hulk hands.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rigged Death Trap posted:

All might hulk hands.

Well poo poo, that makes perfect sense. Now I kind of want a pair to shout random American city name Smash with. He probably has an All Might fringe Deely Bopper too now that you mention it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My second volume of the manga just shipped. :toot:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The WSJ release comes with a bonus chapter of MHA Smash. It's pretty okay, the first chapter was more centered around the first chapter of the original.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The anime studio will be Bones. That could actually work out very well depending on who's working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

http://heroaca.com/comic.html

Jesus, the cover for Volume 6 is cool/scary as gently caress.