Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Necc0 posted:

I was incredulous about not knowing how to use a gun but she doesn't even chamber or cycle on her own :lol:
There goes her credibility on gun-rights legislation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

They can both run, and should! Truly Jungle Primaries are the Best Primaries!

If our Anti Choice, Pro Gun JBE wins, I'll scream like it's Saturday Night in Tiger Stadium. Our Governor is ridiculously powerful, so things will likely improve even with a Republican state house.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

duz posted:

Are you talking about the results or Vitter's fetishes?

Fetishes, always fetishes

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Boon posted:

Isn't Jindal also very unpopular? Something to do with utterly destroying the state's economic stability?

Yeah, they can no longer afford the massive incentives they offered to get TV production to relocate so a lot of that is moving back to California (also California's production tax credit helps).

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I do wonder what Jindal plans to do when Piyushmentum fails to carry him into the White House. He's obviously extremely ambitious, if not exactly competent, and isn't afraid to pander hard to what he thinks will win him votes. He had the position of Secretary of Health when he was my age. Do governors commonly get on the wingnut welfare wagon? Palin managed it for quite a while, but she had a much more popular presidential run.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Silly Burrito posted:

Yes, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't run. The thought was if Vitter wins the governor's race, Jindal might shoot for Vitter's Senate seat.

Of course, that assumes he isn't president.

what is it with all these GOPers making stupidly massive risks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I do wonder what Jindal plans to do when Piyushmentum fails to carry him into the White House. He's obviously extremely ambitious, if not exactly competent, and isn't afraid to pander hard to what he thinks will win him votes. He had the position of Secretary of Health when he was my age. Do governors commonly get on the wingnut welfare wagon? Palin managed it for quite a while, but she had a much more popular presidential run.

Helloooooooo Fox News.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Silly Burrito posted:

Helloooooooo Fox News.

Jindal ain't exactly broadcast media material.

He'll end up as a lobbyist for an oil company.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
A BP lobbyist, of course. He already has plenty of experience running interference for them.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

icantfindaname posted:

jeb! below jindal

Who the hell is picking Jindal in these polls? There's no reason to support him, there's much better options in every place where he's trying to stand out. He hasn't been doing well in debates and noone is covering him. I don't get it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

This is why I support Vitter: his experience keeping poo poo from leaking.

Joe, you are a forums treasure. Don't ever stop posting.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sir Tonk posted:

Who the hell is picking Jindal in these polls? There's no reason to support him, there's much better options in every place where he's trying to stand out. He hasn't been doing well in debates and noone is covering him. I don't get it.
I would be furious if I was working for Jeb! to see that. Jindal's barely campaigning at this point and he polls higher.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Sir Tonk posted:

Jindal has spent his entire campaign in Iowa doing in-person appearances. I'm not sure he's left the state except to attend the debates.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Fair enough, but it's amazing that he's getting anything after people consider Huckabee and Carson. You wouldn't think there'd be any evangelicals left for him to poach.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Carson is a legitimately terrifying candidate. The awfulness He would bring upon this Faire Lande of America.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Sir Tonk posted:

Fair enough, but it's amazing that he's getting anything after people consider Huckabee and Carson. You wouldn't think there'd be any evangelicals left for him to poach.

Well, he's getting 6% in a poll with a 3.9% MoE.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

The entire political establishment, and especially GOP members like Jindal, Cruz, and Walker, remind me of that old saying: The scum always rises to the top.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Carson is a legitimately terrifying candidate. The awfulness He would bring upon this Faire Lande of America.

Well sure, but he's also incredibly empty. His statements literally don't make sense in the same breath much less across the extent of a 2 hour one on one debate. His support among certain conservatives won't fade, but the establishment knows he cannot be their nominee.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

Joementum posted:

And keep in mind that if Vitter loses the gubernatorial race he might decided to stay on and run for his Senate seat again, which would turn that into a possible Democratic pickup in 2016.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that possibility. Would be truly sweet if it happened.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

Well, he's getting 6% in a poll with a 3.9% MoE.

Joementum forecasts a rosy 9.9% for Jindal in Iowa.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

Jindal knows that scientific forecasting is a waste of time and money.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Yeah but there's a 3.9% margin of error so it's more like 13.8%

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cabbit posted:

Jeb!'s new slogan isn't going well.

Jeb? Jeb!?

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB!!!!

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 3, 2015

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*

Joementum posted:

:drat:

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Yeah. It's really depressing that my parents (or maybe just my mom?) are super pumped about him. Good thing I hear he isn't spending any money on actually trying to win.

Speaking of debates, is there a link to when the next debates (both Democratic and Republican) are? I'd like to be able to just toss everything on my calendar and reference that ahead of time instead of stumbling on the RSF threads at the last minute.

. . . it's me. I'm the low information voter :negative:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Zarin posted:

Yeah. It's really depressing that my parents (or maybe just my mom?) are super pumped about him. Good thing I hear he isn't spending any money on actually trying to win.

Speaking of debates, is there a link to when the next debates (both Democratic and Republican) are? I'd like to be able to just toss everything on my calendar and reference that ahead of time instead of stumbling on the RSF threads at the last minute.

Just google it man...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zarin posted:

If you've gotten this far, you're in the top 5%

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

Boon posted:

His support among certain conservatives won't fade, but the establishment knows he cannot be their nominee.

What if they want a puppet? People joke about doctors thinking everything is easier than medicine but that trait combined with complete ignorance of inside baseball makes for a good puppet.

And whether or not Bush II was a puppet he won re-election while being perceived as one.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Joementum posted:

I lava this

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

McAlister posted:

What if they want a puppet? People joke about doctors thinking everything is easier than medicine but that trait combined with complete ignorance of inside baseball makes for a good puppet.

And whether or not Bush II was a puppet he won re-election while being perceived as one.

I'm imagining a debate between Carson and Hillary. It reminds me of a certain fresh-faced, iron-pumping VP hopeful taking on the actual VP.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Boon posted:

I'm imagining a debate between Carson and Hillary. It reminds me of a certain fresh-faced, iron-pumping VP hopeful taking on the actual VP.

I dunno, at least Ryan could stay awake for the debate.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Did you erupt all over your monitor when you read it? Or are you a strict disciplinian when it comes to drinking at the computer?

Perhaps you were eating a Stromboli roll and blasted food all over.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

quote:

"Have you noticed that everyone of these candidates say, 'Obama's weak. Putin's kicking sand in his face. When I talk to Putin, he's going to straighten out,'" Obama said, impersonating a refrain among Republican candidates that he's allowed Russian President Vladimir Putin too much leeway.

"Then it turns out they can't handle a bunch of CNBC moderators at the debate. Let me tell you, if you can't handle those guys, then I don't think the Chinese and the Russians are going to be too worried about you," Obama said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/02/politics/obama-republicans-cnbc/index.html

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
So apparently the official Anonymous twitter came out and said that list I posted earlier is not real. They are saying their release will be November 5th and that they are thoroughly vetting all the information before releasing it.

I love Trollbama

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Unfortunately even having a Democratic Governor really won't help Louisiana. I mean yeah it'd be awesome but he's probably not going to pull the state out of the Death Spiral it is in.

From what I understand some of that is from rejecting the Medicaid Expansion.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

:vince:

Second term Obama is best Obama.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

quote:

Referring to GOP Sen. Jim Inhofe's use of a snowball on the Senate floor to question the existence of climate change -- a recurring element of Obama's criticism of Republicans -- the President said only "that's crazy."

"I was going to quote Kanye but I can't, because this is a family audience," he said. "But it's cray."

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Has this gotten posted yet?

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/11/02/republican-tantrum-backfires-democrats-gop-presidential-debate-slot.html

quote:

Greg Sargent reported:

The Spanish-language network Telemundo is in talks with the Democratic National Committee about possibly scheduling a new candidate forum with the Dem presidential candidates, after the Republican National Committee canceled its debate on NBC News and the NBC-owned Telemundo to protest CNBC’s handling of last week’s gathering, sources familiar with ongoing discussions tell me.

If this comes to fruition, Democrats would effectively be moving into the breach created by the RNC’s decision. It would mean Democrats end up holding two debate-style events on Spanish-language networks, since they are already set to hold a Univision debate in March.

Pretty loving hilarious if true.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

And people were saying Wasserman-Schulz didn't want more debates.

(Unless she could troll the RNC with them.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's just a excellent thing to happen. The Republicans not going on Telemundo and then the Democrats doing two specific debates on Telemundo and Univison.

• Locked thread