Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
grata now u must make the choice of sticking to manual controls like you're Jules Verne, or moving into the 20th century with mechjeb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
im doing career mode so I reckon I'll "unlock" mechjeb for myself at some point but I'd really like to get to Mun and back on my own before then

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
do everything manually at least once

also jules verne owns

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
don't install mechjeb

it's a game, not a screensaver

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
man spacepope i thought i knew you and then you go and say something like that, i 100% disagree

mechjeb is life. A lot of it's options are intelligently gated in the tech tree by default; you don't get the auto-rendezvous or auto-dock or auto-STO until way, way late

SMART_ASS is so, so good. Yeah, so don't use the autoland/autoorbit features at first but it's holding heading and the +/- prograde/normal/radial buttons are amazing. The fixed heading is great for a gradual turn during launch as well. It's "UP" is an amazing "oh, poo poo" tool for landers as well.

the info pane is almost mandatory for actually building rockets because it shows DV per stage, and important things like time to periapsis which make things easier but not automatic at all.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

what im seeing is that spacepope wants to fly a rocket, mechjeb users want to move as many rockets as possible

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
if you want to automate poo poo, install progcom :colbert:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah if you set yourself the goal of making ~SPACE INFRASTRUCTURE~ that's going to entail doing the same thing a lot of times and eventually you'll want to hit a button that makes it guaranteed to happen rather than spending 15 minutes finagling it by hand

but if you use it to make the game play itself then you've sort of missed the point of ksp

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Endless Sky is literally Escape Velocity Nova, and it released today, and it's free for some reason(??!!)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

Endless Sky is literally Escape Velocity Nova, and it released today, and it's free for some reason(??!!)

oh gently caress i loved EV nova. downloading this right now

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
current steam status

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
after losing 10 solo ranked games in dota2, i booted up cs:go for the first time in like 4 months and 30 banged on my first match.

nova 3. :smith:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rank doesn't matter if you have fun

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
soma is still really good but I have to make an active effort not to think of that sealab 2021 episode, you know the one

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kuvo posted:

current steam status

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04AMvsyL770

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
i am playing through assassin's creed: liberation while I wait for fallout 4 to come out. if ac3 didn't exist, liberation would be by far the worst in the series. also, did the controls always suck this much?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Blackula69 posted:

also, did the controls always suck this much?

yes. assassin's creed (idk about the newest ones) always feel over animated and hard to control

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the engine is garbage and was designed for low polycount environments that are easy to do pathing on. also the free running code is bad on top of that

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Blackula69 posted:

i am playing through assassin's creed: liberation while I wait for fallout 4 to come out. if ac3 didn't exist, liberation would be by far the worst in the series. also, did the controls always suck this much?

part of it would be because it was a portable game originally

dunno what you're comparing it to tho

controls are similar to ac3 and 4

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
rear end creed 3 + 4 have poo poo controls too

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
rear end creed 2 as well.

idr rear end creed 1 being that bad

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yodzilla posted:

yes. assassin's creed (idk about the newest ones) always feel over animated and hard to control

the controls have gotten better

i really hate the ezio controls

3 and 4 made it a ton easier to just run across rooftops and wilderness

unity made vertical movement a breeze too

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

haveblue posted:

soma is still really good but I have to make an active effort not to think of that sealab 2021 episode, you know the one

i know the one

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

hubris.height posted:

i know the one

uh oh

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lmbo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao if true

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The all-cash deal represents a 26 per cent premium to King’s $4.7bn market capitalisation as of Monday’s close, but is priced below the level at which King went public in March last year.

ALL
CASH

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hosed up

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

NOT A BUBBLE, GUYS

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
our company is migrating from lync 2010 to skype for business 2015. no idea what its like but i guess ms has to justify that 8 bil purchase somehow

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What, are they killing lync?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
good, gently caress lync

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

haveblue posted:

good, gently caress lync
otoh skype

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

candy crush is worth 1.8 billion more than star wars

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

holy poo poo this is amazing, I'm reliving my childhood!

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
just played vermintide. i like it

it's definitely left 4 dead though. got grabbed by a rat and then clobbered by a rat tank

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

What, are they killing lync?

no, they renamed lync to skype for business

has nothing to do with skype

or any business oriented services skype might have

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

skype on windows has become a huge turd. Giant ad panel that keeps stealing focus

Death Chicken
Aug 15, 2015

SynthOrange posted:

skype on windows has become a huge turd. Giant ad panel that keeps stealing focus

was skype updated recently? i still just have just a banner ad at the top(which I blocked with hosts files), but the web interface with an ad blocker works wonders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
l4d2 > vermintide >>>>>> payday 2 (sucks, is bad)

• Locked thread