Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's a building doing some cosplay:

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151030/lincoln-park/wieners-circle-has-best-halloween-costume-ever-this-year

Holy poo poo, one of them actually dressed up as The Man Who Laughs. :psyduck:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 03:44 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Went as Mumm-Ra the Everliving!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Norse Code posted:

Went as Mumm-Ra the Everliving!

Haaaah that's great!!

Could you do the voice? Did you have to close your eyes for every photo?? :v:

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Halloween posts, yes please! I also went the Mad Max route. Arm is a bit bullshitty and not at all screen accurate but I made it in basically 1 day and it is really fun to wear. :D I did the black makeup and put in my contacts when I went out too, this was my trial fitting.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McPantserton posted:

Halloween posts, yes please! I also went the Mad Max route. Arm is a bit bullshitty and not at all screen accurate but I made it in basically 1 day and it is really fun to wear. :D I did the black makeup and put in my contacts when I went out too, this was my trial fitting.

Reminder, you do not need a 70 dollar whatever to chug beer at a Halloween party.

You look great. :)

So do you!

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Hahaha thanks. Totally woke up hung over as gently caress with my black facepaint still on urgh. I did still spend some $$ on this costume but I'll be rewearing it for sure late night at conventions so I don't really mind. Ended up using a lot of random leftover poo poo I already had too, which is awfully nice.

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"
My boyfriend and I did Mad Max as well. The arm was thrown together pretty haphazardly. Not the sort of work I'd bring to a convention, but it was Halloween and we were surrounded by drunk people wearing costumes they'd bought from a bag at Spirit Halloween store, so we had fun

Bathroom selfie

My boyfriend actually had a jacket that was falling apart that we used for Max's jacket.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ah ha ha ha that's the best!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's the real question; Is this before or after he's had his spinach? :ohdear:

Dog doesn't have an eyepatch, 2/10. Also he looks like he'd also be a spot-on Snake Plissken.

If you have max bond you can give him a fake eye.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Haaaah that's great!!

Could you do the voice? Did you have to close your eyes for every photo?? :v:

Haha yeah I did the voice for his transformation saying, but didn't do it all night! I tried to remember to close my eyes for every photo because it looks creepy with them open!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mucktron posted:

My boyfriend actually had a jacket that was falling apart that we used for Max's jacket.

What's it like dating Dennis Reynolds?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fister Roboto posted:

What's it like dating Diedrich Bader?

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
My Daredevil

Only registered members can see post attachments!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

What's it like dating Dennis Reynolds?

Depends on which phase of the DENNIS system you're in.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

gamera009 posted:

How many did you murder scare?

I have a Vorhees getup as well, and I am totally stealing that sack trick. It looks amazing.

Did you do any weathering before using it, or did you just punch a hole and go from there?

For the sack mask I weathered it a bit with tea grounds and dirt, for the clothing I spent about two hours total roughing it up, slashing, using acrylics, dirt, spit, and gods know what else to get textures/quality to an acceptable level. I was honestly surprised that I pulled off what I was able to in such a short amount of time. Thank gods I was able to find the clothing I needed in a thrift store, otherwise I would have been complotely boned. Finding a basic hockey mask was also a pain! I ended up buying two glow in the dark ones because they were the only non-foam ones I could find (total = $8), and they were sooooo bad. I had to drill almost every hole into the mask, weather it, and then attach the custom head strapping - one of which melted through the second mask I made due to it getting so hot.

The other mask by the way has way more damage showing; it looks like the one I posted (a bit Freddy vs Jasonish), but it has all the scars from Friday the 13th VII: The New Blood

Edit:
Unfortunately my Halloween kind of sucked - no parties on the 31st, but there was a nice one on the 30th I went to. Needless to say though, I didn't get to scare many people. Hell, we seriously only had about twelve trick or treaters come to the door, it was pathetic.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

I went as a cel-shaded Kavinsky, using the Nightcall cover as a reference. GF did the makeup. Rest of the costume was more based on the Odd Look video.

Bonk has a new favorite as of 12:20 on Nov 2, 2015

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
everyone loves Furiosa.

No robot-arm yet but I'm working on one for next weekend! Also, a muzzle for my dude.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
So Youmacon was over the Halloween weekend.

Loooootta Metal Gear.

Also some not Metal Gear.

The helmet lights up inside, but there are so few lights in the mask you can't see it unless you see it form an angle and can catch the LEDs in the side.

Miku here is leading a huge conga line. The speakers on her waist were incredibly loud.

And finally someone uploaded this to the Youmacon FB page recently

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The Repo Man posted:

Miku here is leading a huge conga line. The speakers on her waist were incredibly loud.

I love that this is made of a random mishmash of characters from everything, riot shield guy just chilling right between some anime

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I love that this is made of a random mishmash of characters from everything, riot shield guy just chilling right between some anime

At a glance that appears to be HUNK from resident evil.

:thesperg:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Riot shield guy is an Umbrella Corp soldier, you can see the insignia on the shield.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so did the guy just drag the jeep around all day?

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

so did the guy just drag the jeep around all day?

He's actually driving it. It's one of those kids electric jeeps, and he just repainted it. He actually did it the day before the con or something, because it popped up on on either craigslist or ebay near him. He was also being followed by a guy in a T Rex costume for a while.

Klaus88 posted:

At a glance that appears to be HUNK from resident evil.

:thesperg:

Yup, it's HUNK.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.
Boomerjinks has fallen on hard times.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
That is wonderful. I was there this weekend too and saw that guy driving around hahaha. Also rode an elevator up with the Chris Pratt Jurassic World guy whose name I am blanking on. Great pic set :3:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tell dancing pumpkin weather man he is cool.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I must be the only person who missed the Pina Colada extra in Jurassic World.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

This right here is playing to your type. Low effort, yet instantly recognizable, because he basically is Hank Hill IRL.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The stunt doubles. Holy moly.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:laffo:

You got their Stunt Doubles!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I love all of these!

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

EmmyOk posted:

I must be the only person who missed the Pina Colada extra in Jurassic World.

He was on-screen for a fraction of a second, don't feel too bad.

That said, he wasn't just an "extra", he was literally Jimmy Buffett making the most on-the-nose cameo possible.

Patattack has a new favorite as of 15:45 on Nov 3, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Who is Jimmy Buffett?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

EmmyOk posted:

Who is Jimmy Buffett?

He's that investor guy, owns Berkshire Hathaway :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

This right here is playing to your type. Low effort, yet instantly recognizable, because he basically is Hank Hill IRL.

I'm willing to admit he's got a good chance of being Hank Hill IRL, I won't commit either way until I see how small his butt is.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Are we still posting Halloween stuff? :shobon:

The outfits need some tweaking, but I think they turned out pretty okay for the time being.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

EmmyOk posted:

Who is Jimmy Buffett?

Singer/songwriter of "Margaritaville" and other novelty tropical-themed songs, and owner of the "Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville" restaurant chain, which has a franchise location at Jurassic World, which is where his cameo (holding margaritas) takes place.

The man loves his margaritas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I personally love that most of the "conga line" is refusing to touch each other/hoverhand the whole line.

Also holy crap, the Spaceballs Stunt Doubles might be the funniest cosplay I've seen all year.

• Locked thread