Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, do we know what happens if you unsub during KOTFE yet? Do you lose access to all the story chapters, the Alliance base, the companions, etc.? Or just bits and pieces of those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
If you've subbed during KotFE you get the KotFE chapters you subbed for, I'm currently running KotFE stuff right now and I don't have a sub.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

wtftastic posted:

Are we actually doing HM stuff again? I guess I better get Adonnta some decent gear.

We did HM EV last night. Went pretty well.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Quoting this so I can find the post again later. I ground out every single Imperial heroic that wasn't bugged last week, and so not worth the effort. Especially for multiple alts.
Yeah, there's no reason not to do them all exactly once if you haven't already for the planetary achievements, but otherwise some of them are just so much longer than the others that if you just try and do them all you'll find one or two per planet that take longer than the rest put together. It's quite obnoxious.

Don't get me wrong, basically making them all soloable with a good companion is nice, but a few probably either need their objectives or their rewards tweaked.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ghostly Magus outfit dyed pink/light grey is less spooky and more brainy.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Okay, so who thought it was a great idea to remove crafting queues?

I'm sorting through my Cybertech mats and I have enough to make about 300 separate assembly components. Having to do these one at a time is going to be annoying.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cythereal posted:

Eternity Vault is still my favorite raid in TOR for atmosphere and story. It's a great raid from the very beginning as it starts with your transport ship getting shot down and you crash to the surface in escape pods.

It's kind of ridiculous how happy that pod sequence makes me. I'd pay $20 for an expansion that just let you enter every planet via drop pod using that animation and did literally nothing else.

Like, my dream scenario of how it works is that instead of a piddly little starship, your personal ship is a star destroyer, and you orbit a planet and instead of just going to the dumb old starport, you choose a quick travel point and you drop pod onto it.

I just really like drop pods

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Airspace posted:

Okay, so who thought it was a great idea to remove crafting queues?

I'm sorting through my Cybertech mats and I have enough to make about 300 separate assembly components. Having to do these one at a time is going to be annoying.

Subscribe and you can do 5 at a time per companion.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Medullah posted:

Oh, that's a subscriber perk?

I guess I can wait until I can subscribe again, which shouldn't be too long.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnzbjCs9gnE

dear god

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Am I exaggerating or do you jump like 20-30 fps when you hide the UI in this game? Wish I could play warzones without an UI.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's kind of ridiculous how happy that pod sequence makes me. I'd pay $20 for an expansion that just let you enter every planet via drop pod using that animation and did literally nothing else.

Like, my dream scenario of how it works is that instead of a piddly little starship, your personal ship is a star destroyer, and you orbit a planet and instead of just going to the dumb old starport, you choose a quick travel point and you drop pod onto it.

I just really like drop pods

It should be used as an intro to more raids, at least. No raid can't be improved by riding drop pods or basilisk war droids through a storm of anti-air/anti-orbit fire down into the target zone.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
This method of insertion is known as STEHL REHN.

Primus
May 14, 2007

Greater than the sum of his parts.

FordPRefectLL posted:

What are your settings like? Are you running it from an HDD or an SSD?

From an HDD. Everything Low, Shadows Off 1920x1080. Like I said I used to be able to run it amazingly, it's just since I started playing again.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Everything runs fine with my system, though getting around the cantina ring on fleet still chokes up a bit and something about Odessan really gets stuttery.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Wish I could raid on Friday nights with you Goons again, but for the most part my Saturday mornings are booked solid. The joys of living in an Australian time-zone :P

Mind, with the current influx of players - maybe we have enough players in the APAC timezones to do a little raiding.

On a different note, how many players would be needed to take down Dreadtooth these days?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I had to stop playing tonight after the 10,000th lag spike. Not sure why this happens periodically...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Moreau posted:

Wish I could raid on Friday nights with you Goons again, but for the most part my Saturday mornings are booked solid. The joys of living in an Australian time-zone :P

Mind, with the current influx of players - maybe we have enough players in the APAC timezones to do a little raiding.

On a different note, how many players would be needed to take down Dreadtooth these days?

It's back to being a proper 8 man operation boss, most likely, with level scaling. Might be able to short man him a bit. With any stacks he's require more.

I actually need 5 stack Dreadtooth for Big Game Hunter achievement still. :(

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

GuyUpNorth posted:

This method of insertion is known as STEHL REHN.

This and or, "It's an ugly planet, it's a BUG planet!" :v:

(Colocoid raid with a fortress defense boss please.)

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Where does the Coruscant plantary quests start? Everything I'm seeing says in the spaceport, but there aren't any other purple quest markers other than my class quest (smuggler).

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Last minute reminder about the KOTFE haiku contest. I'll be closing entries tomorrow, so make sure to get in your submission for a chance at fabulous prizes!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Orgophlax posted:

Where does the Coruscant plantary quests start? Everything I'm seeing says in the spaceport, but there aren't any other purple quest markers other than my class quest (smuggler).

If I remember correctly, the homeworlds don't actually have a specific "planetary" quest, it's all just class quests.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If I remember correctly, the homeworlds don't actually have a specific "planetary" quest, it's all just class quests.

Coruscant is a homeworld? Or do you mean the imp/rep homeworlds. Not class homeworlds.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Coruscant has the Gree quests marked as a story arc, which is great because they give the awesome 'Black Bisector' title.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Orgophlax posted:

I thought I was losing my mind because I went through Coruscant just days ago and could not remember the planetary quest line.

Turns out that's because Coruscant apparently doesn't have a story/purple planetary quest line, so I guess there's your answer.

Hunter Noventa posted:

Coruscant has the Gree quests marked as a story arc, which is great because they give the awesome 'Black Bisector' title.

They're not marked as such though, or I would have done them. ("Marked" as in purple triangle story mission icon.)

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 3, 2015

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Eimi posted:

This and or, "It's an ugly planet, it's a BUG planet!" :v:

(Colocoid raid with a fortress defense boss please.)

That's a fantasy I didn't even know I had. Now I'm sad that I'll never get it :(

Longbaugh01 posted:

I thought I was losing my mind because I went through Coruscant just days ago and could not remember the planetary quest line.

Turns out that's because Coruscant apparently doesn't have a story/purple planetary quest line, so I guess there's your answer.

They're not marked as such though, or I would have done them. ("Marked" as in purple triangle story mission icon.)

That's odd. The revan questline on DK was purple, I don't know why the Coruscant one wouldn't be.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

That's odd. The revan questline on DK was purple, I don't know why the Coruscant one wouldn't be.

The Revan questline on DK goes through a few but not all of DK's subzones. Same for the Gree questline on Coruscant. Both reward titles. Beyond that, both planets don't have a big story from beginning to end, just quests at individual hubs.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Directive 7 and that loving green laser beam can kiss my rear end Jesus what a shitshow

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Medullah posted:

Yeah, how do you do that? I remember it being possible but now I'm subbed and I can't.

edit: Duh, you just click it 5x times. You know, rather then just choosing how many to make

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Two things that crafting really really needs ui wise atm. To sort the list of companions by highest influence, because there are a lot of companions and and having to scroll down to find your best crafter is a pain. Additionally for mission skills, when they complete it, an option to resend them on the same mission would be amazing and save a lot of pointless clicking.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Eimi posted:

Two things that crafting really really needs ui wise atm. To sort the list of companions by highest influence, because there are a lot of companions and and having to scroll down to find your best crafter is a pain. Additionally for mission skills, when they complete it, an option to resend them on the same mission would be amazing and save a lot of pointless clicking.

Especially if they keep growing the companion list for KotFE and you have to scroll down through 20-25 NPCs to find the one you're looking for.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Are alliance improvements per character or per legacy if multiple people reach it?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Longbaugh01 posted:

The Gree quests are the "planet" quests. I remember them being marked in purple when i did them. The only problem is, they're kind of off the beaten track. You still have to find the room where the Gree droids hang out, and not every class quest takes you right near there.

In other news, I was just testing Nico Okarr's limits on a brand new level 1 character, running around a huge area picking up dozens of mobs. It turns out he has no limits. If I wasn't hitting them they'd just make a beeline for Nico and he'd take them the gently caress out. It was hilarious. This was with him set on heals and at influence rank 1. A couple of times you could almost see his health bar move. Mine never did. I had to put a stop to the rampage after I realized I had outleveled the mobs and wasn't getting xp for half of them. I was also a little worried I'd be reported for botting.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Medullah posted:

Which, ironically, is how I live life. My DS score is like 10,523,255 at last count.

OOOH A SQUIRREL ON THE ROAD! 10,523,256!

Yeah, I can take a hint, said the guy playing the Squirrel Legacy.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
so I've been leveling a sith warrior and I'm still in the middle of shadow of revan, yet I'm level 60 already, I haven't been doing sidequests like at all

is that normal

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

cat doter posted:

so I've been leveling a sith warrior and I'm still in the middle of shadow of revan, yet I'm level 60 already, I haven't been doing sidequests like at all

is that normal

I think it is now

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Blockhouse posted:

I think it is now

I was level 57 before the prelude was even finished

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I had a character that was 55 when I started the prelude to SoR and by the time I was finished and started KotFE I was already 65.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Is 6x enough to get through the story without having to do any side quests/planetary quests?

• Locked thread