Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Bad Moon posted:

Cat Bowl is coming. Panthers/Bengals book it

It's gonna be Broncos-Panthers. The defensive slugfest we deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the panthers will beat green bay by one bullshit thing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Cat vs Bird, Bengals vs Cardinals

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the panthers will beat green bay by one bullshit thing

Quote me on this. There's no good god drat loving way Carolina goes 8-0.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Look as long as Andy Dalton is Superbowl MVP I'm happy.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

waah posted:

Yeah, after the poo poo they just took against Denver, Rodgers is not letting that happen again.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Eifert Posting posted:

Look as long as Andy Dalton is Superbowl MVP I'm happy.

Andy Dalton becoming the second player to win the Super Bowl MVP playing for the losing team would be so Bengals.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah, I think Boldin would be the WR Carolina most likely trades for since the Niners have pretty much thrown in the towel

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

DancingMachine posted:

I am definitely on the Panthers bandwagon until they face the Seahawks again.
I don't really see how they beat Green Bay, though. That team is insanely good on both sides of the ball, no matter how they looked in Denver.

They're actually been pretty dysfunctional on offense all year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
can we trade weddle please

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i can't even enjoy this poo poo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

i can't even enjoy this poo poo

You'd be enjoying it less if we lost.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I only got to watch the last 2 minutes of the fourth quarter. I assume the game was as bad as the stat line suggests.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Shadow225 posted:

I only got to watch the last 2 minutes of the fourth quarter. I assume the game was as bad as the stat line suggests.

Worse. It was the best and the worst game to watch ever.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shadow225 posted:

Halfway into the 4th Luck had 40 yards passing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ramadu posted:

Worse. It was the best and the worst game to watch ever.

Wait till MNF next week

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Acknowledging that the Jaguars might win the AFC South, what players of theirs are even above average?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--just scrolled through their roster and Wisniewski is the only name that stands out to me other than Posluszny who...at least was once good. I have no idea now. How has Joeckel been?

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Yeah, I think Boldin would be the WR Carolina most likely trades for since the Niners have pretty much thrown in the towel

Boldin and other guys people have been mentioning are actually good or at least serviceable but the situation is so bad I'm thinking Carolina should think about getting Dwayne Bowe for a bag of peanuts or whatever the Browns would ask.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 3, 2015

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Jonathan Jones ✔ @jjones9
From everything I'm hearing, I would not expect the Panthers to be active by the trade deadline unless (of course) the perfect offer comes
1:28 AM - 3 Nov 2015

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Grittybeard posted:

^^--just scrolled through their roster and Wisniewski is the only name that stands out to me other than Posluszny who...at least was once good. I have no idea now.

Boldin and other guys people have been mentioning are actually good or at least serviceable but the situation is so bad I'm thinking Carolina should think about getting Dwayne Bowe for a bag of peanuts or whatever the Browns would ask.

what does carolina need another bad WR for

boldin seems like a real possibility for them, and with him and olsen, and a good run game, that's a threat. calvin johnson is a pretty silly proposition, even if the lions suck. alshon seems even less likely, since he is good, young, and cheap. the redskins aren't dealing d-jax, since they are somehow still in the hunt for the NFC east, and no one else on the roster could be called a deep threat even charitably.

seriously, what would anquan boldin cost at this point? he's 35 and was traded for a 6th two years ago. start looking for apartments in south park, homie.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

waah posted:

I can see a long-shot chance of it. But yeah the Packers are probably going to put us down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shiksa posted:

what does carolina need another bad WR for

Jerricho Cotchery is getting meaningful snaps in 2015. Bowe is bad enough to get healthy scratched on the Browns but Christ even given that I just can't believe he's worse than that.

Obviously go for someone good instead of him but failing that at least he would be largely free other than the dumb contract that I believe they could eat.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Oh look, the 49ers brought stupid dumb Austrialian gimmick fumble machine Jarryd Hayne back to the practice squad.

I wonder if maybe, just maybe, this team's obsession with bullshit project not-football-players and cripples has something to do with it being bad as hell.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

Imagine a world where Cam Newton's Laptops thing happened his Auburn year and he slides to the Second round for Cincinnati.

I love imagining that world because then there never would have been an Auburn year because he would have stayed at Florida.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Acknowledging that the Jaguars might win the AFC South, what players of theirs are even above average?

Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns are one of the better WR duos in the NFL and they are both really young (22 & 23 respectively). Robinson is 15th in yards, T-4th in TDs with 6, 1st in 20+ yard receptions and is averaging 17.2 yards per reception. Hurns is 26th in yards, T-11th for TDs with 5, T-17th in 20+ yard receptions and is averaging 16.5 yards per reception. Robinson is on pace for like 1300 yards and 13 TDs before he's 23, which the only guy who has done that in NFL history is Randy Moss.

RG Brandon Linder, who unfortunately is out for the year with a shoulder :emo: is one of the best guards in the league already according to PFF. I'd agree with their assessment.

Sen'Derrick Marks was a pro bowl alternate at DT last year, and deserved the honor. He's coming back from an ACL tear but the d-line has been better from my observations since he returned a few games ago.

LB Telvin Smith was the AFC Defensive Player of the week in week 7 and is a freak athlete.

Bort Bortles is T-5th in passing TDs with 15 and is 15th in passing yards. He's on pace for 35TDs and 4000+ passing yards this season, so you could make an argument he is above average if you wanted. :shrug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kazak_Hstan your obsession with hating Jarryd Hayne is beautiful.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I don't even dislike the guy, it's pretty remarkable to make that much progress in six months. If he keeps up that pace maybe he'll learn football just in time to retire! I just hate his stupid bandwagon fan base so much.

Kind of like rugby: seems like an okay sport I guess, but it attracts the dumbest motherfuckers who played intramural for two years in college and will never shut the gently caress up about it.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I tuned out - did Ten Ginn zorro his full name after that drop?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I don't even dislike the guy, it's pretty remarkable to make that much progress in six months. If he keeps up that pace maybe he'll learn football just in time to retire! I just hate his stupid bandwagon fan base so much.

Kind of like rugby: seems like an okay sport I guess, but it attracts the dumbest motherfuckers who played intramural for two years in college and will never shut the gently caress up about it.

Are you aware of the reputation that the average football fan has, or are you being intentionally oblivious.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I can't even bring myself to care about anyone bandwagoning because of Jarryd Hayne. I'm too consumed with hate for Jed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Abel Wingnut posted:

like seriously, the panthers are probably going to have a low first round pick. the team's pretty healthy. and cam's doing super cam things. i may be loony and not know the real value of a first round draft pick, but i feel like this is the time to trade it. if they could get a solid wr1 for next year's pick they have to become the nfc favorite, right?

As a Lions fan I would do Calvin for Carolina's 1st round pick, it's not like we're going to do anything with him anyway (then again we won't do anything with the pick either)

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Raiders would probably be willing to trade WR Rod Streater

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Anyone not predicting the Patriots in the Superbowl vs the Giants is wrong.

I am planning on measuring the success of this season by whatever lovely AFC south team squeaking in at 5 and 11, and keeping a 10 and 6 team out. The must then go on and knock the Bengals out.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Elephanthead posted:

Anyone not predicting the Patriots in the Superbowl vs the Giants is wrong.

I am planning on measuring the success of this season by whatever lovely AFC south team squeaking in at 5 and 11, and keeping a 10 and 6 team out. The must then go on and knock the Bengals out.

I think someone crunched the numbers and a 5-10 champion of the AFCS isn't possible anymore, but I could be wrong. 6-10 would be bad (beautful) enough, and hopefully be enough to get the seeding rules changed.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'd be glad of a bengals panthers super bowl

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nail Rat posted:

I think someone crunched the numbers and a 5-10 champion of the AFCS isn't possible anymore, but I could be wrong. 6-10 would be bad (beautful) enough, and hopefully be enough to get the seeding rules changed.

The seeding rules are perfect. :fuckoff:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Chichevache posted:

The seeding rules are perfect. :fuckoff:

Nah, a poo poo team like (whatever AFC South team) shouldn't be hosting a playoff game. The seeding rules were perfect when it was 3 divisions per conference.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Nail Rat posted:

Nah, a poo poo team like (whatever AFC South team) shouldn't be hosting a playoff game. The seeding rules were perfect when it was 3 divisions per conference.

I thought they were thinking of changing the hosting rules, so the division leader still gets in but if the Wildcard team had a better record then they'd host it.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

computer parts posted:

I thought they were thinking of changing the hosting rules, so the division leader still gets in but if the Wildcard team had a better record then they'd host it.

That would be part of seeding, and yes, that's exactly what I think should happen. The NBA's done the same thing just recently, and their divisions are larger than the NFL's.

The number of 8-8 teams and losing teams that have hosted playoff games went way the gently caress up after the 2002 realignment. They should have thought of the implications of realignment to playoffs, but they're the NFL and they're dumb.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If Cam had someone to run fast go routes and actually catch them, the Panthers would probably be some kind of world-destroying colossus.

Instead we get Ginn drop follies on infinite loop.

• Locked thread