Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Broken loving Britain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

haha

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
By mutual consent

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

corpuscollossus posted:

By mutual consent

I doubt they really gave him a choice

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
If he didn't want to be sacked he shouldn't have made such revealing tweets

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Similar:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-striker-rooney-declared-10373877

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
This is my first year sort-of following the Premier League, prompted by a purchase of FIFA 16. I randomly picked Leicester City because they were a middle of the pack team that I could probably develop into a good one, and I liked their logo/colors.

Am I a frontrunning loser, or are they going to crater?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

T Bowl posted:

Am I a frontrunning loser, or are they going to crater?

yes

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BScjmL76rMI

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

i can't believe this is real

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That's an extremely punchable face.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

How can a man so brazenly not wearing a poppy call someone else a traitor?

e: OMG, & talking about her lack of grace and 'venom', I'm triggering

VV And that! VV

Al2001 fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 3, 2015

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
"We need to root out this non-conformist"

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
oops quote is not edit

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
The noncey looking one on the right writes for the Independent apparently

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lol the guy on the right making the british 'im extremely angry, but will try and sound composed and rational' face to the nth degree

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

movember looking good

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Imagine being a chelsea fan at this point. Even Leeds fans had it better than this.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

corpuscollossus posted:

Imagine being a chelsea fan at this point. Even Leeds fans had it better than this.

We all hate Leeds, and we all hate the chels. Coincidence?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

I think you're onto something there, steve

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Bogan Krkic posted:

we all love Leeds

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

advanced statsman posted:

we all love Leeds

I bloody love leeds

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

advanced statsman posted:

we all love Leeds

agreed!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
So just heard the fantastic news that Mr. Neil Warnock is back in the game, taking charge of Q.P.R on a temporary basis. Just want to say that whilst I haven't often agreed with the decisions of Tony Fernandes, bringing back one of the greatest English managers of the last 20 years is a fantastic move. Looking at the squad as well, most of the players are either British or have played in England for a long period of time, so the squad suits him as well.

So where do I start with this fantastic manager? For me, easily the best English manager of the last 15 years, his promotion record speaks for itself. People speak about how he plays ugly football and how his teams often don't compete in the Premier League but if you have straw houses, expect them to be blown down by the wind. Warnock overachieves with weak teams and still grinds out results against the elite. Players absolutely love working under him, just look at Taarabt for example, no manager has ever gotten the best out of him except Warnock. He is the only one who has taken him to one side and nurtured him from a boy into a man and under Warnock we saw Taarabt turn in some fantastic performances for QPR.

Then people look at his recent spells at Palace and Leeds, which also weren't failures because at Leeds, the fans expected too much of him with such a weak squad and the chaos upstairs and at Palace he wasn't given enough time. Performances under Warnock were good at Palace and he was unfairly sacked and it is thanks to Warnock's foundations that he laid down that Pardew is doing such a good job. Now if Warnock is given the season, he can get this QPR side promoted. They have Austin, the best striker in the Championsip, Green an England international, Luongo, Hill, Onouha, Phillips, all top class players that belong in the Premier League.

Thanks to Warnock, QPR are my bet for promotion alongside Brighton and Burnley.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

trem_two posted:

So just heard the fantastic news that Mr. Neil Warnock is back in the game, taking charge of Q.P.R on a temporary basis. Just want to say that whilst I haven't often agreed with the decisions of Tony Fernandes, bringing back one of the greatest English managers of the last 20 years is a fantastic move. Looking at the squad as well, most of the players are either British or have played in England for a long period of time, so the squad suits him as well.

So where do I start with this fantastic manager? For me, easily the best English manager of the last 15 years, his promotion record speaks for itself. People speak about how he plays ugly football and how his teams often don't compete in the Premier League but if you have straw houses, expect them to be blown down by the wind. Warnock overachieves with weak teams and still grinds out results against the elite. Players absolutely love working under him, just look at Taarabt for example, no manager has ever gotten the best out of him except Warnock. He is the only one who has taken him to one side and nurtured him from a boy into a man and under Warnock we saw Taarabt turn in some fantastic performances for QPR.

Then people look at his recent spells at Palace and Leeds, which also weren't failures because at Leeds, the fans expected too much of him with such a weak squad and the chaos upstairs and at Palace he wasn't given enough time. Performances under Warnock were good at Palace and he was unfairly sacked and it is thanks to Warnock's foundations that he laid down that Pardew is doing such a good job.

Thanks to Warnock, QPR are my bet for promotion alongside Brighton and Burnley.

:wtc:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
You know who else squeezed gold out of the turds of Taraabt? Allegri.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Right thread

quote:

The Joy of Six: hipsters' favourite football clubs

From Portland to Hamburg, through Spain to Italy and on to a leafy London borough, we look at six of the world’s most achingly trendy football clubs

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
After just having posted one of their good articles it's fitting they followed it up with something so cringeworthy. This comment that's just been posted goes lovingly in the other direction:

quote:

right, i have to get on my high horse for this, sorry

there should be no 'hipster' teams to support, if you had any bollocks and any dignity, you'd only have one team, and that is the team you regularly go to watch, the one you grew up with (again, and hopefully with integrity inside yourself, that shouldn't mean a trophy winning team from 150+ mis away)

if you don't understand why this is so important, you are part of the problem as to why football is losing its soul

there are no 'second' teams, none of this "it's in a different country so it doesn't count', yeah it does! it matters as you are effectively taking money away from teams that need it, whether thats in ticket sales, merch for adult males (vomit) or just food a drinks at the ground

gently caress 'hipster' teams as you want to be seen to be cool (i know this is the guardian), unless you really are from one of the places that such 'hipster' teams exist, then just take a really long hard look at yourself. and think what you're doing.

i'm probably going to get ripped to shreds by some more eloquent, organic coffee company owning intelligentsia on this, but i don't have any f**ks left to give.

take your politics, your vile sweatshop merchandise and go and find the next fashionable thing to latch onto before you ruin football for the rest of us.

rant over ....

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I guess, according to the guardian, hipster means politically aggressively left-wing? Eww.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

lmao

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

wrong bloody thread!!!!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
This would only be in the right thread if he flew through the field goal or something. The way it is, wrong thread.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I stand by my choice.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

jyrka posted:

I guess, according to the guardian, hipster means politically aggressively left-wing? Eww.

jyrka posted:

the guardian

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Hey now. They let an actual Tory write an article for them today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
In Estonia the guardian-types are called liberasts, which is a combination of liberal and pederast. It's very funny.