Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm hear to speak sedately and chew bubblegum, and no I've never been paid to endorse bubblegum although it is such a great product that I'm actually all out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

pretend I quoted the Rosie gif

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 3, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Smoothrich posted:

I actually listened to a recent BBC radio program about the anti-vax movement, and they had a cultural anthropologist/social worker or something like that explain some of the research into the root causes of people not vaccinating their kids. There's a lack of trust between stupid web forum reading moms hearing about Big Pharma and doctors who dismiss all questions and criticism about the safety of vaccinations with "trust me, I'm a doctor" with zero acknowledgement of this growing paranoia that has very real consequences on public health.

It sounds like there is a consensus within the "medical community" to pander a little bit to this segment of the population by saying things like "its probably safe to wait a little bit for the last round of vaccines instead of doing them all at once" to appease the (left-wing) fringe anti-vaxxers who fear Big Pharma uses doctors like puppets to inject kids with autism out of corporate greed, because otherwise there are likely millions of adults who will not get their kids vaccinated at all. SO many people believe this, the mass hysteria went full blown in the UK a decade ago over MMR vaccines and measles/mumps resurged to endemic levels, with similar trends appearing in America nowadays following Wakefield around like a plague.

As the director of pediatrics of John Hopkins, Ben Carson was probably the one funding this kind of research in the first place. Since most of America is too unsophisticated to listen to BBC podcasts that actually help me stay informed on real things, I immediately understood Ben Carson was trying to "restore trust" with the wackos instead of bluntly rebuking them, which has been shown to make people trust vaccines and science even less.

Trying to pander to antivaxxers at all disqualifies him to be President, and in fact should disqualify him from practicing medicine.

And a guy who compares abortion and universal healthcare to slavery shouldn't be elected dog catcher.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
this election sucks. boosted's over there posting his heart out for trump but everyone keeps going for this new smoothrich gimmick and tbh it's not nearly as good as 2012 anywhere

bring back romney and ambassador arkane

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I thought arkane was the hunstman fan, the only one

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

this election sucks. boosted's over there posting his heart out for trump but everyone keeps going for this new smoothrich gimmick and tbh it's not nearly as good as 2012 anywhere

bring back romney and ambassador arkane

Agreed. Arkane actually believed the dumb poo poo he was saying, so destroying his arguments was much more satisfying.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Ben Carson is popular because ASMR videos haven't been discovered in the South yet, and they like the tingling sensations his opium soft voice brings to their head and scalp, and probably think it means Jesus is talking through him, hth.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Third World Reggin posted:

I thought arkane was the hunstman fan, the only one

thats the joke, yes

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

We're all going to die.

quote:

Asked about handling the nation’s nuclear weapons - another insight into voters' views on foreign policy - 34 percent of Republicans said they would trust Trump. He trailed only Carson, with 39 percent saying they would trust Carson to have his finger on the proverbial button. Only 27 percent said they would trust Rubio.

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-trust-trump-economy-nuclear-weapons-reuters-ipsos-110213564.html

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Patter Song posted:

"Marco, you aren't yet ready," Jeb sighed as he drew his katana. He was no longer young, and even unsheathing his blade required so much more of his energy than it used to. "The Blade of Chang is not a child's toy."

"You'll find I'm no longer a child, sensei," Rubio sneered. "The powers of Chang served you well once upon a time, but your day is over. I have a new sensei now, one who is teaching me powers beyond your wildest dreams."

"In Gronk's name, no, Marco!" Jeb gasped. He panted and gazed at his erstwhile apprentice's sweaty brow. Marco always had dehydrated quickly. Maybe he was still lacking in stamina. "You don't mean...The Donald?"

"That's right, Jeb. I agreed to teach him the secrets of the high energy art if he would get you out of the race...permanently. How's that for the Art of the Deal?" Trump emerged from the shadows. "You'll find your pupil no longer dehydrates quite as quickly."

Jeb closed his eyes and thought. This wasn't good, but he still had one final hope: perhaps Marco had not yet figured out how to unleash the Blade of Chang's true power, the secret passed down from generation to generation since 1975. The Blade of Chang had tasted the blood of Japanese, Communists, and perhaps many other peoples? Who knew what Chang had gotten into? He'd never really looked into it. The upshot is that under the right circumstances, the spirit of Chang would manifest and, unleashed from the confines of the sword, strike a mighty blow for conservative principles. If Rubio had not yet figured out how to unleash Chang, he might still have a shot.

Jeb drew his wakizashi, the smaller blade, and prepared to go for a two-bladed defensive style. If Rubio did not know about the power of the Blade of Chang, the wakizashi should be able to blunt Rubio's offensive moves. It was a gamble, but one Jeb would have to take. "I made the mistake of giving you the Blade of Chang, Marco, but like any mistake, Jeb can fix it!" he roared.

Marco Rubio grinned, held the Blade of Chang aloft, and spoke the magic word: "Kuomintang." Jeb cursed as the ground rumbled, the skies turned black, and a ghostly apparition seemed to rise out of the sword. It was Chang, or rather, Chiang, and his presence meant one thing: Jeb's luck had run out.

Would watch this movie

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Oiled and Ready posted:

Look 1) can't stop laughing at people telling me to calm down when defending smoothrich is the easiest way I've ever gotten people riled people up and

2) you all quit reading his posts too early, i mean come on, we're at peak smoothrich - just read his last post and tell me that poo poo isn't quality posting

e: I wish thread titles were long enough we could have "a catatonic Jeb dreams of a reality where he still had the Sword of Chang at his side.. and who would want to wake him?" as the header. Also, just gonna preempt the first response of just 2 quote bubbles of "smoothrich" and "quality posting" because clearly smoothrich is surging

I'm gonna stuff you in a locker you nerd

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!

One poll with Carson in the lead is fine, but multiple polls???

YOU'VE HAD YOUR FUN EVANGELICALS. It's time to get serious now and get back on board the Trump train.

DON'T SCREW THIS UP

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it looks like a lot of those carson supporters were walker fans

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

YOU'VE HAD YOUR FUN EVANGELICALS. It's time to get serious now and get back on board the Trump train.

DON'T SCREW THIS UP

agreed

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
This Wall-Street Journal Poll cannot be trusted. 400 respondents, are you kidding me? Not to mention the fact that it's the WALL-STREET journal. Of course they want to take down Trump, Hillary is their candidate of choice.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
These polls are skewed. This is bull-poo poo.

I know now what I must do.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Reminder that Carson is a medical doctor who endorsed torture during the first debate.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I would wonder if he opens his patient consults with his raving bullshit like "when god created our brains 6,000 years ago..."

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Zelder posted:

I'm gonna stuff you in a locker you nerd

all of your posts for the past several months are about how everything in the world is racist, why don't you lighten up

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Third World Reggin posted:

it looks like a lot of those carson supporters were walker fans

lmao that's not at all what the Koch bros. planned

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7dFMbubxr4

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Boosted_C5 posted:

You're the only constant on these forums and the only thing I trust as true, Boosted.

Gimme some of that sweet sweet unskewering.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Boosted_C5 posted:

DON'T SCREW THIS UP

Hey, it's worth pointing out that Rubio is actually down in that poll.

At this point, Trump and Carson in close race, all others lag far behind is a fine narrative. It may force Trump to get serious and make ads, which I'm looking forward to.

It'll be interesting to see when Rubio and Cruz make their big pushes. Rubio is keeping his powder dry for big push, but when will that be?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Speaking of Breitbart, they are turning on Rubio.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/02/kiss-of-death-billionaire-who-funded-gay-marriage-endorses-rubio/

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Trump endorsed Rubio? :confused:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Patter Song posted:

"Marco, you aren't yet ready," Jeb sighed as he drew his katana. He was no longer young, and even unsheathing his blade required so much more of his energy than it used to. "The Blade of Chang is not a child's toy."

"You'll find I'm no longer a child, sensei," Rubio sneered. "The powers of Chang served you well once upon a time, but your day is over. I have a new sensei now, one who is teaching me powers beyond your wildest dreams."

"In Gronk's name, no, Marco!" Jeb gasped. He panted and gazed at his erstwhile apprentice's sweaty brow. Marco always had dehydrated quickly. Maybe he was still lacking in stamina. "You don't mean...The Donald?"

"That's right, Jeb. I agreed to teach him the secrets of the high energy art if he would get you out of the race...permanently. How's that for the Art of the Deal?" Trump emerged from the shadows. "You'll find your pupil no longer dehydrates quite as quickly."

Jeb closed his eyes and thought. This wasn't good, but he still had one final hope: perhaps Marco had not yet figured out how to unleash the Blade of Chang's true power, the secret passed down from generation to generation since 1975. The Blade of Chang had tasted the blood of Japanese, Communists, and perhaps many other peoples? Who knew what Chang had gotten into? He'd never really looked into it. The upshot is that under the right circumstances, the spirit of Chang would manifest and, unleashed from the confines of the sword, strike a mighty blow for conservative principles. If Rubio had not yet figured out how to unleash Chang, he might still have a shot.

Jeb drew his wakizashi, the smaller blade, and prepared to go for a two-bladed defensive style. If Rubio did not know about the power of the Blade of Chang, the wakizashi should be able to blunt Rubio's offensive moves. It was a gamble, but one Jeb would have to take. "I made the mistake of giving you the Blade of Chang, Marco, but like any mistake, Jeb can fix it!" he roared.

Marco Rubio grinned, held the Blade of Chang aloft, and spoke the magic word: "Kuomintang." Jeb cursed as the ground rumbled, the skies turned black, and a ghostly apparition seemed to rise out of the sword. It was Chang, or rather, Chiang, and his presence meant one thing: Jeb's luck had run out.

Mas!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Has Carson started creating a campaign infrastructure yet, or is he still investing in trying to get more donations? Dude is less serious about his campaign than Cain was.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Why, it's almost like having endless friendly media coverage inflates your polling numbers.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Ben Carson doesn't want to be president

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Gibberish posted:

Carson closed his eyes, sighing as his benzo prescription put him to sleep

Ftfy

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

zen death robot posted:

What is Ben Carson going to do if he actually starts winning primaries?

Become unelectable by saying reasonable and progressive things.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Boosted_C5 posted:

It's official everyone.

The Campaign is on.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

zen death robot posted:

What is Ben Carson going to do if he actually starts winning primaries?

If he isn't excited now than just you wait till that happens

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Oiled and Ready posted:

all of your posts for the past several months are about how everything in the world is racist, why don't you lighten up

lol what about trump being in the lead would make me think about racism

I wonder

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

it's because trump is going to make America great again

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Zelder posted:

lol what about trump being in the lead would make me think about racism

I wonder

he's not, the black guy who grew up in the hood of Detroit stabbing people is in the lead of the GOP primary. what does that make you think about racism?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Epic High Five posted:

Once Carson's numbers start dropping again Smoothrich will vanish again, just give it a few days

He'll start supporting Trump again

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Smoothrich posted:

he's not, the black guy who grew up in the hood of Detroit stabbing people is in the lead of the GOP primary. what does that make you think about racism?

He's One of The Good Ones.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's refreshing to see a clear majority of Republicans admit that their own front runners should never be president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Polling a Republican against Clinton right now is useless seeing as Clinton isn't really actively campaigning for the General and getting very little press coverage while the Republicans are busy with their circus.

I mean of course Clinton is going to poll lower right now, she can't run against all of the Republican's insane platforms at the same time.

• Locked thread