Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

McSpergin posted:

Wagyu isn't that prevalent over here mate, we get black Angus more predominantly. And decent wagyu sirloin is upwards of $70/kg (35/lb ish for you imperial using peasants)

Uhm, Australia is the biggest producer of Wagyu outside of Japan. They even have an Australian Wagyu Association. Maybe it's not big where you are personally but it's a "thing" down under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

bringmyfishback posted:

Sweet potatoes are fine on a Paleo diet; green beans have varying levels of acceptability. Most people I know who eat Paleo eat a large variety of fruits and vegetables; maybe some goon is just really bad at reading simple directions? I dunno. There's a difference between feeding your dog grass-fed beef and some veggies, and covering your dog in butter so he'll lick it off and then throwing bacon at his face.

EDIT: School food is so depressing. :smith: I'd take pictures of my school's cafeteria food, but I refuse to step foot in there since the day they literally served us plates full of rotten garbage.

What even is this? Who forgot to hot dog? YOU HAD ONE JOB, MYRTLE SWANSON!

Is that loose corn in a puddle of ketchup?

That meal is this thread incarnate.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

School cafeteria food could sustain this thread for eternity.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Uhm, Australia is the biggest producer of Wagyu outside of Japan. They even have an Australian Wagyu Association. Maybe it's not big where you are personally but it's a "thing" down under.

Just because we produce it doesn't mean a lot of it enters our residential market. That's the way a lot of our produce goes, we export 'premium' goods, then our supermarkets buy in dirt cheap poo poo from whatever because it's cheaper.

I mean, most top end places that serve beef will probably have wagyu steaks but unless you're in a big city or live near a place where the cattle / beef is produced, it's significantly more likely you'll encounter just "beef" or angus.

This is for most of NSW, mind, I can't really say for the other states.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Xoidanor posted:

School cafeteria food could sustain this thread for eternity.

personally i just ate those spicy chicken patties with a dollop of ketchup every day of my school life

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

pandaK posted:

personally i just ate those spicy chicken patties with a dollop of ketchup every day of my school life

Teriyaki Dippers!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

there was this time once when i was in fourth grade where the cafeteria went through a month long event of serving legit real food from local restaurants and that's honestly the only significant thing I even remember of my fourth grade year.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Looks like a cheesesteak to me.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Looks like a cheesesteak to me.

I know, right? What do you even have to do to make a hamburger that messed up? My guess is drugs.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Im the cum.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

kinmik posted:

Found this on my facebook feed this morning. Scrolling down it looked delicious (curried chicken and guac with peppers), but then I saw the puddle. It looks exactly like what my cats throw up when they drink too much water too fast, including the tiny chunk of green.

That uh... doesn't sound like something that should happen to cats

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Clearly cats are the superior pet.
:rolleyes:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Aesop Poprock posted:

Nah, it's distressingly normal... :barf:

Tho if you have more than one cat they'll eat each other's weird grassy pukes so no cleanup

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Brawnfire posted:

Tho if you have more than one cat they'll eat each other's weird grassy pukes so no cleanup

Well now who's going to clean up my puke?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Crust First posted:

Well now who's going to clean up my puke?

That's what dogs are for.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

bringmyfishback posted:

What even is this? Who forgot to hot dog? YOU HAD ONE JOB, MYRTLE SWANSON!

That's probably the school's "vegetarian" option.

Chick full of...bun-ly goodness.

Growing up, my school lunches weren't too terrible. Yeah, most of it was pre-packaged frozen stuff shoved into an oven, but there were a few exceptions.

In elementary school, they had the best loving rolls. One lunch lady was the "roll lady" and she made hundreds and hundreds of those bad boys each day, and once a pan came out of the oven, she took one of those 1-pound blocks of butter and just went over the tops of them. I mean, it wasn't a whole pound of butter per tray of rolls, that's be insanely good, but it was still a lot of butter.

Then when I went to middle/high school, I was sad because the rolls there were just frozen garbage. :smith:

But in high school, they had good soups. Mostly still made from frozen ingredients, but at least combined well with spices and a few touches to make them seem more homemade. And they also had hand-made desserts, but only on Fridays.

The softest, fuffiest chocolate chip cookies you ever had. :unsmith:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fluffy cookies? Gross. You serve me a fluffy chocolate chip cookie and I'll serve you a knuckle sandwich.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I wasn't allowed to eat school lunch, but all I can really say in their defense is that there was a pretty legit salad bar and they were pretty strict about not letting kids bring soda for lunch.

School lunch at when I worked in Korea was generally a thing of beauty, with lots of veggies and tons of choices, but it was actually pretty unhealthy due to the high sugar content. The food our cafeteria serves in China might actually be pig slop, which would be unkind to pigs. Doesn't really matter, though, as I can get a huge and delicious Sichuan meal across the street for five bucks.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

DrBouvenstein posted:

That's probably the school's "vegetarian" option.

If that photo was taken in the Midwestern U.S., that was probably the only lunch option that day. We were fed stuff like that all the time.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Fluffy cookies? Gross. You serve me a fluffy chocolate chip cookie and I'll serve you a knuckle sandwich.

So it's you. You're one of those fuckers who likes "crispy" cookies.

The gently caress is wrong with you?!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I stopped eating cafeteria food altogether in high school. Even microwaved Hot Pockets wrapped in foil 5 hours before lunch were better than the crap you could get from public school.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

DrBouvenstein posted:

So it's you. You're one of those fuckers who likes "crispy" cookies.

The gently caress is wrong with you?!

Crispy cookies are good

Soft or fluffy cookies are good

No cookie rules

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
The only thing worth getting cafeteria lunch for in high school was Bosco stick day. The line would reach out into the hallway. They would announce it on the morning announcements the day before. It was a monthly event. Sometimes kids with the early lunch would buy extra and sell them between classes in the hallways, but after the administration heard of this, we were put on a strict one-order-per student Bosco stick regime.

I went to high school for a year in France, though and kids would complain about the 3-course absolutely delicious lunches that had identifiable meats, vegetables and cheeses and included dessert.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

No cookie rules

You've clearly never cookied hard enough.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Gingersnap, Sugar, Shortbread or Snicker Doodle?

This is important

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Gingersnap, Sugar, Shortbread or Snicker Doodle?

This is important

Frosted or unfrosted sugar

that is my answer

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Frosted or unfrosted sugar

that is my answer

Unfrosted

VVVV oh, my bad.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Nov 3, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

* and frosted

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Happy belated Día de Muertos, goons :skeltal:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

NotAnArtist posted:

Crispy cookies are good

Soft or fluffy cookies are good

No cookie rules

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

^^^: behold, a rule

??????????

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

You are what you eat

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
There's at least one cookie rule and it's in the OP:

Dark Hamsterlord posted:

Oh man, these cookies sure do look delicious, like red velvet or something.

quote:

I made menstrual blood cookies! I am not entirely happy with how they turned out, so I am going to experiment with some recipes throughout the rest of this month so I can try for something great next cycle. This recipe was far too floury.
:gonk:

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Pentaro posted:

Happy belated Día de Muertos, goons :skeltal:

The filling looks great, but what the hell kind of bread is that?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kakairo posted:

I think it is some sort of donut/pastry. Still would.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Kakairo posted:

pan de muerto, hence the día de los muertos reference.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Samizdata posted:

I think it is some sort of donut/pastry. Still would.

It looks like a cream puff pastry to me.

I'm an embarrassment to my state, I hate cream puffs. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It looks like a cream puff pastry to me.

I'm an embarrassment to my state, I hate cream puffs. :negative:

I didn't know it was possible to hate profiteroles!

• Locked thread